How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in South Gate, CA
There are 4 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in South Gate
- American Home ShieldSigning up for American Home Shield was a horrible mistake. In my experience, they are unprofessional, work with shady service providers who will still charge you for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing, and will not fix/compensate their customers for American Home Shield’s mistakes. We had two service providers come to our condo to fix our plumbing and our dryer (the owner before us did not have their vents cleaned and a ton of lint was blocking any air from ventilating). The first person American Home Shield connected us to wanted to do a video chat first to see if they can diagnose/guide us on fixing the problem over zoom. All this service provider did was charge us to tell us something we already knew…the dryer would not turn on because there was no ventilation. He said something along the lines of he’s not sure how he would be able to fix it because he’s not sure how to access the vents so he told us to find another company to come fix it. HE STILL CHARGED US for doing absolutely nothing. It was a complete waste of our time and money. When we talked to American Home Shield to try to get a refund, they said the service provider would not waive the fee because he “diagnosed” the problem…the guy didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know…no new information came to light. Though this service provider was complete garbage, I chalked it up to bad luck…maybe future experiences would be better. Oh, how wrong I was! The very next service provider we called was the plumber through American Home Shield. Lo and behold, American Home Shield forgot to put our unit number on our contract and until they amended the contract to include the unit number, the plumbers told us they could not come into our house. So we called American Home Shield to let them know that the plumber can’t come in until our unit number is included in our contract. My wife asked the customer service representative if we would be charged the $100 service fee and the service provider said “no”. However, when I checked our statements, we were definitely charged for that too…this shady plumbing service supposedly marked “complete” on the work order and ended up charging us anyways. So again, we call American Home Shield to dispute this charge, and again they say they can’t refund us….I explained how this was completely AHS’s fault for not including our unit number on the contract and demanded that they reimburse us. The best they came up with is that they would return half of our service charge (50 out of 100 dollars). I told them I’m not fine with it and that I wanted my full $100 back. The customer service representative stated that they will escalate this to their managers and that we would receive a call from their managers within the next 24 hours. That was over two days ago…still have not received a call back. Any company that won’t reimburse a customer for their own error is not a company that should still be in business. American Home Shield, in my humble opinion, is a horrible company to work with. They do not fix their mistakes and work with a bunch of shady service providers. Save your money and DO NOT spend money on this home warranty. I also think it’s worth noting that the two times we called service providers that were outside of this crappy warranty, if the service providers weren’t able to fix the problem, they didn’t charge us. There are definitely decent, honest service providers out there. American Home Shield and their network (at least the two we have worked with) were completely shady and unprofessional. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY read less
- A to Z Leak DetectionExcellent. Our old water heater was leaking and it was wet under our house. A-Z found the leak, used industrial dryers to dry out the foundation under our house. The old heater was removed and a new, on demand water heater was installed. We love our new water heater and the service was amazing!
- First American Home Buyers WarrantyIt's like $250 per year. It's fine. Their people are fine and the copays are great. I haven't had any problems with them. They've been great. I will probably keep them for awhile.
- First American Home Buyers WarrantyWhen we first moved in 5 years ago, it was a hot day and we couldn't get the air to work. We called them and they came out right away. The owner of the house had different properties that he rented out and he had a warranty on the house which he had just paid in August. We used it throughout the year and we have continued using it. It's pretty good. The cost depends on what you get. The more you want they charge you more. They charged me $60 and it's went up to $65 a call. You pay like $500 a year and then if your heating or air, refrigerator and a lot of other stuff it is a service call. They come out when they say they will come out and they do quality work. They are professional. They have a list of like different plumbers and all. one plumber come out and fixed the showers and I had to complain because he was supposed to come back and he didn't. I had to miss work so they didn't charge me. It's a different contractor when ever I call them. I told my neighbor to check in with them read less
- Old Republic Home WarrantyWe are not using them any more, it was part of a deal when we bought the house. We used them a number of years and then found out they were not using the best companies. The ones they were sending were duds, so we decided the money we were paying for the warranty we would just set aside. Even though they did not use the best companies they were very good to work with, reliable, and we could call them anytime. They were pricey to use. We like to have more of a say of the companies we have over here read less
- Complete Appliance Protection IncI originally read the reviews about Complete Appliance Protection and after had such horrible experiences with large (well known) home warranty companies, I thought I would give them a try...so glad I did! I purchased their protection plan with zero dollar deductible for both rental homes. After having the warranty only a few months, the washing machine in one of the homes started to leak and ultimately break down completely. CP sent a reputable company out immediately, and within a few days, I was told as the machine was not repairable that I would be reimbursed the scheduled amount for the replacement. I ordered the new washing machine from Home Depot, and received the check within a short amount of time. I cannot remember a company that has ever acted so swiftly, whose staff is courteous and professional, and truly wants to resolve the issue at hand. I highly recommend Complete Appliance Protection, a company that takes care of their customers! read less
- AutopomI purchased a policy for mechanical breakdown for my Cadillac last year from auto-POM. I had a problem and had to take it to the shop. The next day, the claim was already approved and work being done! NO HASSLE!. I came very close to going with another company, however come to find out with Lisa's help, they had many complaints and did not have the financial stability nor the reputation of Mercury Select who the coverage is through,. She was great with explaining everything and patient with answering all of my questions. Also, I appreciated that she was no pressure!. Many companies just want your credit card and want you to buy that day. Lisa did not bug me... In closing, I'm very pleased with the service from auto-POM and the efficiency in which my claim was handled with Mercury read less
- FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE COEVERY TIME I HAD A PROBLEM I JUST CALLED THE 800 NUMBER AND THEY TOOK CARE OF THE SCHEDULING AND THE PROBLEM. IT WAS REALLY HASSLE FREE AND I APPRECIATE THAT.
- THERESA "Terri" SIMES INSURANCE - Farmer's AgencyI would recommend them to others. My agent has been really good. An agent was scheduled to come out but could not as he got injured and as such they had to move the date. They told me it would be two weeks before they could come out and look at the damage and said they were doing everything they could to find an agent to come out. The new agent called and told me that he had rearranged his schedule and that he would not leave anybody waiting for two weeks. He came out two days after the previous agent was scheduled to be at my place and as such I waited for only four days which was very nice. They have a center called help point which helps me and they were very professional. They called me within twenty minutes to tell me about the agent being injured and not being able to come out. They agent who came out was excellent and went through my house very nicely. He had no trouble writing my television and two speakers which was wet into the insurance report right away. He did not give me any grief at all. He told me how everything was going to work and then printed it out through a portable printer he had. He did this step by step and told me what I should expect which was really good. I am so happy with them and would use them again in the future read less
- FIDELITY NATIONAL TITLE COWHEN I CALL FIDELITY, THEY WERE VERY QUICK WITH THEIR RESPONSE. THEY WENT AND SET UP THE APPOINTMENT FOR NEXT DAY. I WILL RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO PEOPLE I KNOW. THEY ARE VERY QUICK TO RESPOND.
Home Warranty Companies in South Gate
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommended read lessWalter L.
- Business Description:We are a Home Warranty company and We offer the best Home Warranty plans at the most affordable rate possible. We strive to help you and get your home covered as fast and easy as possible. It is in our duty to provide all customers with the best of excellent service and offer them our exceptional plans when compared with other home warranty companies. Our rates and coverages are reasonable compared to those of others, and as a customer you are guaranteed to be satisfied. For all new customer.. read lessRecent Review:Great home warranty company, has all of the services I needed and they’re are very cheap compared to other home warranty providers I’ve worked with beforeMom O.
- Business Description:Home Flood Prevention sells and installs WaterCop home flood prevention systems in mostly existing homes in southern California.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur.. read lessRecent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:Sunrun is leading the charge to create a planet run by the sun. We are building a more sustainable world, by making solar simple for over 200,000 customer's in 23 different states!Recent Review:The salesman was not truthful. Customer Service is not good. My “non-existant” electric bills are annually in the thousands. We are told a different story every time we call Problems do not get resolved or sent higher up to someone that is capable of solving them. Service is slo read lessLinda C.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, jbrauser@arwplan.. read lessRecent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:Pooltechs is a Licensed & Insured California Contractor with over 25 Years Experience. We specialize in Swimming Pool and Spa Service, Repairs, Remodels and Construction. Such as, New Pool & Spa Construction or Remodels, Structural/ Crack Repairs, Inspections, Replaster, Tile, Equipment Sales & Plumbing. We also Repair and Service Portable Spas! We service most of Los Angles & Ventura Counties and give Free Estimates read lessRecent Review:We were scheduled for a service repair and they made an appointment and never showed even they promised they were still coming . Now they will not answer or respond to messages. Glad I didn’t pay the $75.00 service fee up front read lessDenise M.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clients read lessRecent Review:I will start by saying we don't have any rating which is less than one star as they are not even eligible for one start rating. Attn : Who ever wants to get the inspection done from BPG don't fall for the 90 day warranty. They never stand by there words, i have done my inspection recently the report says its tested for dryer hookup when i moved in and did my first laundry boom there was a issue with dryer chord or panel and did not work. When contacted them they say all story but never address the issue or don't stand by their work. All you get hear is : I'm sorry, but we will not be able to offer assistance with the cost of this repair. what's the fun of 90 days warranty,,,,,,,,,,Request everyone to do the research before selecting BPG inspection. This incident happened in Minnesota read lessVinayak M.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang.. read lessRecent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESS read lessDebra C.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Fidelity Home Warranty, Alliance Home Warranty Co, FNHW, Chicago Home Warranty.Recent Review:Our agent purchased this for us since we were buying a home with very old appliances. Our initial contact to set up the warranty was terrible, the customer service person couldn't get the details right and became impatient and argumentative when we tried to correct her to make sure it was set up correctly. A week later we decided to follow up and make sure it had gone through since we hadn't received the email confirmation. We were told our payment information didn't go through. Upon asking to confirm the plan, it was missing the vital components like the ROOF and pool equipment and FURNACE. Got that straightened out and paid for. A month later the furnace stopped working on a Friday. Called them at 5:30pm on a Friday, the furnace repair place they referred us to was already closed. BEWARE, these services can't be called on over the weekend. So, at 5:30pm on a Friday it was too late to get anyone out. Over the weekend, husband and brother reset some breakers and got it going again. We never heard from the furnace repair company or any follow up from Fidelity National Home Warranty. We were not charged thankfully. Dryer died yesterday on a Sunday, washer full of wet clothes of course. Giving them another shot since we have no choice, and will follow up with another review, but am not going to be surprised if we get a repeat bad performance read lessLuke F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
A lifetime warranty on home appliances, fixtures or the house itself can last far less than a lifetime. In fact, it may only last for a few years. Here’s how to figure out what “lifetime” really means and how to protect yourself.
Find home warranty companies in
- Bell Gardens
- Huntington Park
- City Of Commerce
- East Los Angeles
- Pico Rivera
- Hawaiian Gardens
- Santa Fe Springs
- Monterey Park
- Long Beach
home warranty companies in South Gate
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AA Baja Construction Inc.17412 Ventura Blvd. #150
- Advanced Improvements1352 E Valencia
- All American Contractors25660 Aspenwood Ct
Moreno Valley, California
- ALL NATIONS REALTY-INVESTMENTS12505 N MAINSTREET 240
Rancho Cucamonga, California
- American National Escrow, Inc.601 East Glenoaks Blvd. Suite 202
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida
- Amtech Service Solutions Group- ASSG11081 Laurianne Ln
Garden Grove, California
- Arambula Business & Accounting Services IncPO Box 180447
Los Angeles, California
- Autopom23046 Avenida De La Carlota Ste 600
Laguna Hills, California
- AA Baja Construction Inc.
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc1532 NE 96th St Ste A
- Complete Appliance Protection Inc
- D & J Appliance Service Inc1050 S Cypress St Suite A
La Habra, California
- D & J Appliance Service Inc
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Home Flood Prevention78700 Cabrillo Way
La Quinta, California
- HOME WARRANTY PLUMBING23052 Alicia Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Home, James! Real Estate31103 Rancho Viejo Rd. #2328
San Juan Capistrano, California
- HOME-PRO TERMITE CONTROL14556 WHITTIER BLVD
- Hot Tubs, BBQs, & More8 Gauguin Cir
Aliso Viejo, California
- Hovis Shower PansPO Box 893502
- High Tech Home Warranties
- IGM Auto Repair6205 Kester Ave 5
Van Nuys, California
- IGM Auto Repair
- Legalshield667 w Bowen rd
- Nancy Galarza - Keller Williams Realty Whittier16310 E. Whittier Blvd, Ste F
- Nancy Galarza - Keller Williams Realty Whittier
- United Home Warranty, LLCP.O B.O.X 92344
- United Home Warranty, LLC
- VOLTCOM9313 Gothic Ave
North Hills, California
- West Coast Commercial Construction13710 Bora Drive
Santa Fe Springs, California
- West Coast Commercial Construction