Junk King Los Angeles

Founded 2011 • With Angi since October 2012

Our uniformed, well-trained employees offer professional services at affordable prices that are guaranteed to beat our competitors’. We happily provide free written estimates before beginning any work and make sure the premises are tidy before we leave. We’re serious about the environment too. We recycle and save from the landfill almost 60% of everything we pick up....

BEFORE

+6 more images

hauling (680)trash removal (41)leaf removal (12)dumpster rental (8)piano movers (1)

09/20/2022

Joe W.

Fast and easy at a good price. Called Monday afternoon and by Tuesday afternoon two garages of old furniture and junk was gone. Great service.

Description of Work
Junk removal

Work Completed On 09/20/2022

05/26/2022

Sheila L.

They were great ,Showed up on time , offers good price. Very efficient no complaining, They were pleasant.

Description of Work
Junk Removal

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

03/07/2018

Scott R.

The person was friendly. I thought the price seemed a bit high, $300. But it was more convenient than filling a trash dumpster and I wonder if I would have paid Athens more for a dumpster.

Description of Work
We needed some junk removed.

Work Completed On 03/03/2018

Thank you for choosing Junk-King. Please call us for any of your hauling needs.

01/16/2018

Marilyn R.

I had loads of junk to be removed. They were prompt and all I had to do it point at what was to be removed.

Description of Work
Junk Removal

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

12/14/2017

CARMEN B.

The guy that gave me the estimate told me that he has a guy that could do the work cheaper than Junk King if I was interested. I wasn't and told him no. Later he called me that same day with a story about Junk King not wanting to do the job because I didn't have insurance on the hoard house and that he could get this other guy to do the job. Again I said no and that I would call another Junk removal company. He said I'll talk to my boss (he'd already told me he talked to his boss) and try to convince him to take my job on. He called me again and told me it was no problem Junk King would do the job and start in 2 days. Ok, sounds really fishy to me. The time was set for 8-830am. On job day I was ready at the hoard house to begin. 830 came and went, no call no show. I called around 850 to the main Junk King and they told me they would text the guy to call me. I had the volume up high on my phone so as not to miss any calls but somehow I did. I checked my phone and there was a missed call from Junk King. No message was left. I called back, told him I've been waiting and he said there was an "incident" with the truck. I asked why didn't you call me to let me know. He said I did call you. I told him he did not call me until after I had called Junk King and he claimed he left a message but he didn't. He said his ETA would be 2 hours more. Are you kidding me?? I don't work that way. Be on time and ready to work. I have a hoarded mess house to clean up and I don't have time for clowns that don't want to work. Do not call them. They wasted my time and did not perform professionally.

Description of Work
I needed an estimate for a one story house that is hoarded inside and out. I got the estimate and agreed to have the work started 2 days later.

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

10/02/2017

James H.

They were prompt, really nice, and flexible, I had more than I had told them and they accommodated me.

Description of Work
Hauling junk

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

09/13/2017

Marko S.

Came on time and rapidly completed the task.

Description of Work
Junk removal

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

08/14/2017

Susan A.

They were more reasonably price than the other service I called. Was able to text them a picture of the item I wanted them to pick up as part of the estimate process. Very responsive and good to work with. Would use them again if the need arose.

Description of Work
Had them haul away an bed frame for me.

Work Completed On 05/13/2017

08/07/2017

Esther K.

They were on time and picked up everything within fifteen minutes

Description of Work
Picked up old lawn chairs, other misc junk

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

07/24/2017

Cherie K.

Sorry that I have taken so long to write this review. Junk King helped me out when I had a pile of junk, furniture and rubbish taller than I am. They hauled it all away and left the place clean. They were fast and took the time with me so I could sort out some things which could be recycled. And they were priced reasonably. They arrived on time and handled the project to my satisfaction. I would totally call on them again.

Description of Work
I needed a large amount of broken furniture, old stuff and rubbish hauled away.

Work Completed On 06/15/2016

07/12/2017

PATRICIA B.

Great! They were in and out in no time. And insisted on cleaning the area after moving things out, which was really nice of them.

Description of Work
I had a lot of odds and ends that had been collecting dust in my garage. They were too bulky for me to move to the trash, so I called these guys to haul them away.

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

06/19/2017

Diane S.

Gary and Eddie showed up on time and were friendly, efficient, thorough, and professional. The price was fair. I recommend Junk King and would call them again.

Description of Work
They removed a bunch of stuff we no longer wanted including an old grill, a very heavy standing umbrella, and some damaged patio furniture.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

04/14/2017

orlando G.

great! hard working and very professional in getting the job done in a timely manner

Description of Work
hauling junk after moving

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

04/05/2017

Paul W.

very well. They jumped right in and got it done in a hurry. They also cleaned up. We were very happy with the results.

Description of Work
cut down vines, and bushes, plus lots of dirt removed

Category hauling services, leaf removal

Work Completed On 04/05/2017

03/28/2017

Yolanda P.

It went very well. We were able to clear space for our home office.

Description of Work
Junk King hauled items from our home and garage.

Work Completed On 03/28/2017

03/27/2017

Lisa K.

Very well, they removed all and kept in constant contact during the job

Description of Work
Removal of large amount of trash, including household items and lumber

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

03/15/2017

James L.

The company was very responsive. We worked with Art directly as our rep and he did a great job at a reasonable price. We will be using them again, and definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
They helped with junk removal for a property we are working on.

Work Completed On 03/15/2017

Thank you for choosing Junk King! We truly appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve your junk hauling/removal needs. If you are in need of our services again, please call us at 1-888-888-JUNK.

03/13/2017

Kathy D.

Excellent! I had a deal and added on some work which they did the same day, so it was reasonable. They were responsive, friendly, and efficient.

Description of Work
Took apart and hauled away a hot tub, removed other junk.

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

It was a pleasure for Junk-King Los Angeles to serve your junk hauling/removal needs. We are committed to providing you with excellent, courteous, and professional service. Our mission is to ensure that our customers receive quality service at an affordable price. If you are in need of our services again, please call us at 1-888-888-JUNK.

02/28/2017

William P.

It went very well. I had to pay extra because they removed some additional materials. They came, they saw what I needed done and explained to me how it worked. They were very efficient in removing the stuff, they did it in a timely manner, they were courteous, and they cleaned up after themselves. That is the best way I know how to put it. I was not dissatisfied with the price, but it wasn't as great of a deal or anything like that but I would definitely use them again. Everything was taken care of.

Description of Work
They hauled away stuff.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

Thank you for choosing Junk King. It was a pleasure serving you. If you are in need of our services again, please call us at 1-888-888-JUNK.

02/07/2017

Kathleen B.

Everything went very well. The workers were very professional and did a great job clearing out every item I needed to get rid of from house and garage.

Description of Work
Get rid of old refrigerator, bedding and other items from garage. Cleared wood from back yard patio and swept up clean. Picked up old items from house.

Category hauling services, dumpster service

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

We are pleased you are happy with our service! If you are in need of our services again, please call us at 1-888-888-JUNK.

01/24/2017

NIno R.

Removal was fine. They did double charge us $124, as we paid for the Angie's List deal and then again for the same service when they charged on-site for the upgrade. We contacted them to make them aware of the double charge, and they said they would investigate, but they did not contact us. WE will have to go through our credit card company to resolve, I guess.

Description of Work
work was fine. they removed concrete, which was over and above the original Angie's List deal.

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

We apologize your actual cost of our services was higher than what you expected. The Angie's List coupon does note that certain items are not covered under the coupon. We also apologize for the multiple charges, and your credit card amount charged was reversed, Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we humbly take pride in providing you with the best service possible. We ensure that our customers receive quality service at an affordable price. If you are in need of our services again, please call us at 1-888-888-JUNK.

12/29/2016

Kris E.

The team that showed up was prompt and friendly. They were strong dudes that took care of everything. I thought about calling for 'bulky item pickup' from the garbage collector, but the stuff was heavy and moving everything to the curb would have been a hassle. I didn't have to lift a finger. I gave them a 'B' rating because there was some confusion at the outset regarding payment. I bought an Angie's List deal and they called me right away and left a message. When I called back I was able to schedule a really convenient appt. and thought all was well. When the guys got to my house, they told me a totally different rate and asked how I would pay. They didn't know I had pre-paid through Angie's List and weren't at all aware of the deal. Phone calls had to be made, emails forwarded, etc. which made me a little anxious. As it turns out, the deal was for the Duarte location, but for some reason, the appointment was booked with Gardena. Overall, they were great and I'd recommend them, but I'm not sure if I'm rating the Duarte or the Gardena office at this point.

Description of Work
I recently remodeled my kitchen & bathroom. I had Junk King pick up and take away some of the old stuff (dishwasher, cooktop, ovens, shower doors, etc.) that had been sitting in my garage.

Work Completed On 12/17/2016