The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Get matched with top garage builders in Prattville, AL
There are 5 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Prattville
- Heritage Roofing and ConstructionHeritage just finished up our patio extension, and we couldn't be happier. Justin and Co. do an amazing job from conception to completion. We started with a small roof addition idea, and Justin realized a much better concept to turn it into an addition that looks like it was built with the home.
- Heritage Roofing and ConstructionWe were so pleased with the remodeling of our kitchen, that we had our detached garage done by Heritage Roofing and Construction as well. The old garage (carriage house) had to be demolished because it was falling apart. Justin demolished the old garage, removed the old foundation slab (jack-hammered) and poured a new larger foundation and increased the square footage by 100 feet. The one word that best describes the new two-car garage is Awesome! It is so much more than we expected. The following list is just some of the things done: • The walls are two feet taller • A 16-foot motorized garage door (new side mounted motor) with two remote openers and a sensor light • An attic with pull-down stairs for extra storage • Constructed with masonry board plank (will never rot or warp) • The shingles on the roof match the house perfectly • Three double pane windows (the old garage had one very small single pane window which could not be opened) • The outside molding trim matched the “dental” molding on the house (Justin cut over four hundred individual small pieces of wood for the trim) • Four florescent lights inside and two motion sensor floodlights outside In addition to removing and replacing the garage, over 25 feet of privacy fence was replaced to include a pedestrian gate as well as twelve-foot gate built on a steel frame with two steel gate posts mounted in three feet of concrete five feet deep. The gate provided access to the new graveled outside parking space (ideal for a boat or trailer). In summary, I highly recommend Heritage Roofing and Construction for any job. You will get more than your money’s worth. Also, his sub-contractors are professional and courteous
- Heritage Roofing and ConstructionThe contractor's name is Justin Spivey. The company is Heritage Roofing and Construction. Based on reviews on Angie's list, I called Justin to repair a hole in the corner of my roof where, apparently, a squirrel chewed through. He quoted me a price of $300 including paint, which I thought was fair. The repair required installation of new wood and removal and replacement of cable TV and Internet cables. While he was doing that repair, I opened the door of a very old metal shed in my back yard, and the door fell in. I asked Justin if he built sheds, and he stated that he did. I asked him to give me a price on a new shed and floor big enough to hold a riding mower. He said he could build and paint it for $4,500. I decided that was fair and told him to build it. While he was building it, I asked him to install two sliding windows, which cost an additional $300. The shed is 12' x 12' (exterior), has a peaked shingle roof and is unfinished inside. It has a smooth concrete floor and a vinyl window on each side of the shed. Standard 8 foot 2 X 4's were used in the walls and were spaced like the walls in a house. There is no ceiling, and given the peaked roof, the overhead is quite tall, which makes it easy to bring tall items (like ladders) in and out. There are double doors (latch included) which open to a five foot wide entrance. A short concrete ramp leads to the doors. The shed is painted the same color as my house, with white trim, and shingles that match the ones on my house. The contractor was not there every day, but we had quite a bit of rain. There was never a big mess, and everything was cleaned up when the project was completed. I also asked Justin to tear down and haul off an old kids swing set when he left. He did so, and didn't charge me for it. I am quite satisfied with the shed and the conduct of the contractor. I would use this contractor again
- Heritage Roofing and ConstructionThis is my second time using this business and I couldn't be happier with the results. I kind of knew what I wanted but was trying to figure out the details. To be honest with you, the choices were kind of overwhelming. He asked who was going to build it or if I had a contractor yet to oversee the project. I hadn't decided yet. He told me that he was starting a new business named "Justin's Construction Company" and could do the job. He showed me a two-story shop that he just finished building and it was gorgeous. It kind of looked like the high end one that they sell at home depot but with a much better design. He took me through the process of what was involved in building the shop from A to Z. He was very knowledgeable about building and since I had a great experience with him in the past, I agreed to let him build the building. He was very professional and very efficient with our budget. Let's just say I got a lot of bang for my buck and Justin helped make this project move along very smoothly and efficiently. He went above and beyond what I envisioned. Now all of my friends want to have one built for their husbands as a man cave! Needless to say, I will continue to use his company and highly recommend this company to anyone that is in the need of having something built or redone. I've referred him to friends to rebuild their decks, gazebos and redoing their wraparound porches. They have been very pleased as well. He mostly does word of mouth advertising to keep his overhead low. If you want to have a good, honest, hardworking person with good old fashion values and excellent work, then call Justin's Construction Company
- Gary WombleHe does excellent work. He's real nice and seems to care. He spent a lot of time going over what he's going to do before we agreed. He's been here for a good number of years and his fameless been around a long time and they are respected. He does what he says he's going to do and he handles all the problems of a general contractor - we didn't have to go out and get someone to do each project. He's a real fine gentleman. We have an extremely good relationship with him. We didn't know him before, we just saw him doing a job and stopped to talk to him. We aren't displeased with anything he did. I thought the price was fair. I wouldn't use anyone else, if I need more help like that then I'll call him
- ALLIED CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, LLCGreat! quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Very Professional. Will definitely use them again!
- ALLIED CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, LLCWe had a water problem due to poor plumbing in our home. Upon time of having the plumbing fixed we called a few people to get an estimate. When we called Allied Construction they were great at helping us understand what all was needed and what was going to have to be done. Awesome work by these guys! Explained all work they were going to do. Informed us every step of the way. Thankful for these guy
- RECON BUILDERS INCI called and left a message with Recon and it was not until the next day a call was received by my mother. The arrival time was pushed back twice as scheduling must be difficult for this company. The technician whom I later found out was the "president" of the company, was an unpleasant person as he appeared not wanting to be there. He came out to give an estimate and did not arrive in a rain coat nor carried an umbrella which is extremely surprising given the torrential rain we were having from tropical storm Cindy. This person acted as though he did not want to be there and seemed afraid to get wet. He was unhappy it would seem that he had to drive as far as he did and certainly did not like the weather we were having. We have an 8'x20' enclosed trailer (workshop/office) that had a tree fall on it and will need to be replaced as well as the tree being removed. He asked who our insurance was with and the deductible, I told him that State Farm requested we call him and what our deductible was. He said that the replacement cost and tree removal would barely meet it, upon a small amount of research the replacement cost of the trailer alone is twice the deductible so I do not understand his reluctance. He made sure to mention that at his (contractor) price at Home Depot it was a stretch. I know that our cost vs his is vastly different and that is one way that he makes money. In retail there is a mark up and contractors have their own pricing in a similar fashion I believe. I also asked that he check the roof of both dwellings on the property. I had to mention the roofs twice(he was aware that the we wanted the roofs checked as my mother told the lady on the phone at their office), he was very reluctant to examine them or do anything it seemed to me although I did not know why. You see there was a nasty storm Sunday last and we needed the roofs checked. He asked if he could use one of our ladders which is very unprofessional and would open us up to liability. I would never ask a potential customer to use their tools and would have come prepared, it is unheard of to do such a thing. You would think that the "president" of the company could afford his own ladder? Well it turns out that he did have one but only "examined" one of the dwellings and then said both roofs were fine. He ran around the roof main house so quickly that I am surprised that he was able to make an accurate determination of its condition given the downpour. Upon his departure I was fuming over his unprofessional behavior and wrote Recon. I explained what had happened, his bad attitude and request to use our ladder. I was quickly met with an email expressing his displeasure and was told that we would have to take our claim elsewhere. I know that our job was not the loss of a home (very lucrative for them) but they could have made enough money for the "president" to get a nice new ladder and not the HSN type of folding ladder that he used (sorry for being snarky). He did mention that there were safety concerns climbing on the roof in the rain but I offered for him to come out another day when it was not raining but he declined. It also concerned me at how he was so worried given that this is what they do, their profession. I know that our job was not a big claim but I was just trying to get this taken care of for my 79 year old mother, widowed last October, 5 days after celebrating her 60th anniversary with my dad. He declined the job only after I complained to his company via email. He also took it upon himself to reply directly and make sure that I knew he was the "president." His customer service is lacking, he is unprofessional at best and given his status as "president" of the company this should not be the case. I would not use Recon if it were the only business in town nor would I ever refer them to anyone. *****Know that they did not perform any work but came out to give us an estimate so that we could file a claim with our insurance company to get the damages addressed. State Farm requested it be handled this way. Given the behavior of the "president" that came out (if he actually is the president, I do not know for sure), I would not have used them anyway. I know that this may seem petty but professionalism is key when dealing with a business, assuming that this was "the president" of the company, makes me even more concerned at their other business practices. Side note, we were referred to Recon via State Farm, I in no way hold them accountable for the behavior of Recon. I am simply trying to help my mother get this taken care of. I do hate having to review someone this way but I was a field service tech working on business equipment all over Alabama. I would drive 300 miles or more each day working 12-14 hours from time to time. I had to wear a suit and gave my customers the best customer service possible and I expect nothing less from others. I understand that people do not like having to work in inclement weather nor having to drive long distances (24.7 miles is not that far mind you) but this is his job and he should raise the bar
- John Cunningham / Alatec fencingI contracted with Mr. Cunningham to replace some patio doors that had leaked and rotted. We agreed that I would buy the doors and he would install them on a hourly rate basis. He came out in April of 2013 and made measurements and ordered the doors from our local building supply company, Gibson's Home center. Due to inclimate weather we agreed to wait on installation because the rotten wood needed replacing under the threshold and we did not want to leave the floors exposed to the rain. When drier weather arrived he and one helper came out with the doors to begin the job. After a few measurements he determined that the doors would not fit the opening. He told me the door company had made a mistake and he would return the doors to Gibson's. Later he called and said the doors had been returned to the door company for modification at no charge but it would be 2 to 3 weeks before they were ready. Two weeks later I talked to Art at Gibson's about the modification to the doors and he said he ordered a complete new set of doors to Mr. Cunningham's specifications. He also told me he cautioned Mr. Cunningham that the height measurement would be more than the measurement Mr. Cunningham gave him. As suspected when the new doors arrived they would not fit the opening. When Mr. Cunningham learned of the problem he said I would have to find someone else to replace the doors that he was busy on a job that paid more. ( I made the measurements myself and the doors would not fit in the opening.) I tried to contact Mr. Cunningham but he would not return my calls. I tried several times for almost a week to contact Mr. Cunningham to discuss what could be done, but only received a text message threatening me with arrest if I did not leave him alone. I offered to allow him to choose a sub to replace the doors, but again no return call. I have since talked to other contractors and they tell me the same thing. My doors were originally sliding glass doors and there is a replacement patio door that is smaller than a standard 6/0 door that is used in new construction. Mr. Cunningham failed to recognize this from the beginning and is now walking away from the job leaving me to pay for the doors that will not fit, a total of $1,231.70. ( which I paid Gibson"s when the first doors were ordered). I feel Mr. Cunningham should bare the cost of the doors since his measurements were in error from the beginning
Garage Builders in Prattville
- Business Description:Our professional staff is dedicated to providing you with great service and dependability at a reasonable rate. We are a locally owned company and operate out of Millbrook.Recent Review:Heritage Roofing and Construction is so much more than a roofing company. They were called when we noticed some water damage in the house. Once we identified all the issues with the roof, his team started work on our timeline. They replaced the entire roof, repaired the inside damage on the wall and ceiling, and repaired additional damage on the shed, garage door, side door. In addition, after they were complete they cleaned up everything. They did such a good job we didn’t need to clean a thing. In every aspect of the job, they performed superblyChristopher L.
- Business Description:Holland Homes LLC is a full service residential contracting company for all of your needs. From small repairs to full custom homes and renovations there is no job too big or small. We provide a quality service for all of our valued customers while providing a superior product on all of our projects. Our priority is to achieve full customer satisfaction on every job while building a relationship of trust with every client to ensure a successful job. With great attention to detail on every job,..Recent Review:I need someone to financing my roof no one will do ??no one out there do financing anymore thank you alls steve 01/05/2019 angies list can anyone help me>256-525-0822>1801 dooley ave Anniston,alabamasteve c.
- Business Description:AffordableGarageDoors.com is a family-owned business whose #1 priority is customer service and satisfaction. We recently set up our profile on Angie's List, but that doesn't mean we don't already have a GREAT reputation in the garage door industry. Make no mistake about it, we realize the most important part of this business is customer satisfaction and that truly is our #1 goal because we believe if we make you happy then you'll tell your neighbors, friends, and family members about us the n..Recent Review:The technician arrived early and go right to work. My door was in bad shape. The motor had pulled loose from its mount and the door was off the guide. The technician reattached the motor chain bracket to the wall, fixed the wiring that was hanging down, fixed the bent guide, adjusted the spring bar springs, and lubricated the spring and all wheels. The Technician also installed screws when reattaching the mounting board for the motor instead of nails like the builder did. He also installed some screws for the two warped mounting boards for the guides. It took about 1 1/2 hours and everything is fine now. Now the garage door will probably outlive me. Good Job! Very happy with the work performedRodger O.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:One of the Tri county regions top distributers of residential & commercial garage doors.We carry a wide variety of panel and roll up premium doors,everything from standard non insulated metal doors to your polyurethane insulated doors with the industry's latest designs such as carraige house designs featuring all assortments of window designs and accessories.And as our name states we also have some of the top professionals in the business certifieRecent Review:They did a great job. I would hire them again.Dianna H.
- Business Description:We are a company with 10 years of experience and we have insurance. We work RESIDENTIAL & commercial. We specialize in ... installation & repair, Metal roof systems, Shingles, wood shingles, leak repairs, EMERGENCY REPAIRS, roof replacement. REPLACEMENT & REMOVAL QUALITY LOCALLY OWNER ALWAYS FAIR PRICE 100% warrant
- Business Description:I take pride in my work as a good christian businessman. I provide free in-home/onsite consultation, and I can design custom fences and gates.
- Business Description:Wild Kountry Construction Inc. is a company that is here for all your home needs. We have been specializing in the construction and remoldeling industry for 20 years. We are a christian based company and we consider every job we do is by the Grace of God..Our company scripture is Hebrews 3:4 ( For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.) Thanks for visiting us on Angie's List.com and we hope to be hearing from you soon.. God Bles
- Business Description:Here at Reliable Fabricating we pride ourselves on being the best in the business. If you are looking for a quality, custom built patio, carport, screen room, or glass room you've come to the right place! Reliable Fabricating is locally owned and operated in Central Alabama, and is a proud member of the Central Alabama Better Business Bureau. Our patios and carports are all aluminum, which is virtually maintenance free, and are available in three colors. You can choose from gleaming white..
- Business Description:Family-owned business. Affordable Garage Door Services is a locally-owned, full service garage door company that offers the best prices on our top products including Clopay garage doors, LiftMaster garage door openers, as well as service and repairs. Proudly serving locations throughout central and south Alabama since 2007, including the Birmingham and Montgomery metro areas, along with locations in Auburn, Opelika, Warrior, Bessemer, McCalla, Gulf Shores, Orange Beach and Fairhope. We are av..Recent Review:work was performed properly but my complaint is that they overcharged me for the opener. I was charged $500 for an opener I could have bought at Loew's for $160. Labor charge was fair at $50 but for $500 I could have bought an opener with remote controls and all the bells and whistlesDouglas B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
If water is coming up through the garage floor after heavy rain, there are a few steps that you should take to protect your home. We’ll cover what to do in case of flooding, along with steps you can take to prevent it from happening in the future.
Find garage builders in
- Hope Hull
- Pike Road
- Mount Meigs
garage builders in Prattville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A+ Quality Fence and Deck Inc3233 Wetumpka Hwy
- Affordable Garage Door Repair Specialist3470 Wilmington Rd
- Affordable Garage Door Svc4451 Wetumpka Hwy # B1
- AffordableGarageDoors.com3171 Green Valley Rd Suite 532
- Alabama Construction Services LLC3020 Mitchell Creek Rd
- Alabama Re-Roof3584 Hwy 31 S. Suite 147
- ALLIED CONSTRUCTION SERVICES, LLC6317 Union Academy Ada Rd
Hope Hull, Alabama
- Apex Roofing and Construction5800 Henderson Rd
- A+ Quality Fence and Deck Inc
- Batson Construction LLC2106 Flinn Road
Pike Road, Alabama
- Batson Construction LLC
- Cauthen Construction, LLC825 Cauthen Drive
- Cauthen Construction, LLC
- F&M Construction2012 7th street north
- F&M Construction
- I Foam LLC1916 Regent Rd
- I Foam LLC
- Kenny Hayes Custom Homes L.L.C.3162 Parliament Place
- Kenny Hayes Custom Homes L.L.C.
- PALMER CONSTRUCTION2310 SPRUCE ST
- PALMER CONSTRUCTION
- RAHN CONSTRUCTION, INC5081 N State Road 59
- RECON BUILDERS INC6001 Troy Hwy
- Reliable Fabricating104 Fox Run Dr
- Reliable Overhead Door308 Mardis Ln.
- River Region Cleaning Services & Handyman
- RL Fencing and Decks4690 main street
- Rodger Construction, LLC4654 Triple Crown Drive
- RP Seamless Gutters & Construction57 Raines Ave
- Rural South Construction 489 County Road 313
- RAHN CONSTRUCTION, INC
- Scottie's Floor Coverings Renovations212 Denise Dr
- Service Contracting, LLCPO Box 240157
- Southeast Contractors LLC1908 Briarwood St
- Stampede Concrete2727 Deatsville Hwy
- Stor-Mor Portable Buildings1104 Paris Rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Scottie's Floor Coverings Renovations
- Thompson Property Services, LLC118 Cedar Ct.
- Thompson Property Services, LLC
- Vega Construction & Renovation, LLC202 1st St. N
- Vega Construction & Renovation, LLC