Precision Garage Door Service

Founded 2012 • With Angi since December 2012

6550 McDonough Dr

Norcross, GA 30093

Precision Garage Door Service is a national franchise locally owned and operated company serving the greater Atlanta area that specializes in fast and economical garage door and opener sales, installations and repairs. We offer a wide variety of products from very affordable to elite, custom installations. Please visit us at www.precisiondooratlanta.com. Additional DBA - Precision Holdings of Brevard, Inc, Precision Door Atlanta....

01/26/2022

Prakash K.

Fred was the technician who did the replacement work today. His quality of work is second to none. He was punctual to begin with, called exactly 30 minutes before arrival and just by looking at the way he went about with his work with extreme diligence you as a customer knew you were in good hands. Wish there was a 7 star available to rate Fred. He cleaned every bit of waste which was generated including some which were already before he had arrived & ensured that there was no pointed stuff lying anywhere. The garage doors just got installed today and I had to provide the feedback right away else these things get sideways. I am sure his work will hold up for long & I want Precision to retain such guys forever. Customer (In Johns Creek, who got the work done on 01/26/2021)

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement (Both Garages)

07/28/2021

Eric N.

100% I like their service. I haven't had any problem with them

Description of Work
Garage door services

07/03/2021

Brad S.

Excellent! The tech, Jeremy Bojkovsky was on time, able to quickly diagnose and make adjustments to the door/springs that fixed the problem. As a side note, I had purchased my garage door/Operator from Precision originally (after collecting/comparing against 4 other quotes) but forgot to leave a review at the time. Everyone I have dealt with at Precision from initial purchase through ongoing maintenance/servicing has been honest/professional/reliable. They have and will continue to be my provider of choice when it comes to all things Garage doors related.

Description of Work
Maintenance/Troubleshooting issue

06/29/2021

min L.

I used this company today to fix the garage door opener. Repair man told me to replace the opener that is only way. He suggested 3 options and lowest option is to change the opener. He told me that price is around $920. I thought that is so expensive. Finally he offered $800. After replacing the opener, I searched on Google and found that I paid $600 for the labor charge for 1 hr job. It is a scam. I will never use this company again and would tell my friend and company coworker and church member and people in my community and subdivision member. I didn't know that Big company is also one of the scam company.

Description of Work
Replacing the door opener

10/15/2020

Keisha G.

I thought that it was great until the next morning. I went to work and it was not working. They had to come back out. They did how ever I was not pleased because they didn't do it right the first time. I also reached out to discuss my concerns with a manager. No one has contacted me yet. I don't feel good about them.

Description of Work
Garage Repair

Category garage doors,garage builders

Thank you so much for providing feedback and for your business. We do understand that you are frustrated with the new opener we installed working the first day and then it not work the following morning. We greatly apologize for that inconvenience. We did listen to every call on your account as they are recorded and you called on 9/15/20 requesting an appointment. We came to your home on 9/16/20 to do an estimate and a new opener was purchased and installed. We received a call from a gentleman at 11:37 am on 9/17/20 explaining that the opener was not working so someone was sent out the same day around 4:20. He evaluated the issue and a head swap was done, which was covered under warranty and the service call was at zero cost for you. We did get a message that you called at 8:22pm on 9/17/20 asking for a return call. Our service manager called and left you a voicemail at 10:38 on 9/18/20. If your opener is still not working, we would love to come evaluate it again and make sure it is in working order so please make sure you give us a call. It has been a month from the date of service and this review but if there are unresolved issues, we do want to take care of that. Customer satisfaction is our top goal and we do not like having you feel as though you did not receive five star service from beginning to end. We appreciate you being our customer and we're here anytime you need us, thank you.

10/13/2020

Clint D.

Joe the technician was on time, thorough, and in the end did not charge me. That type of service will make me return as a customer and recommend them/him to others!

Description of Work
Garage door adjusted, lubricated, wheels checked

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business and feedback. We are so pleased to see that Joe could take care of your garage door needs. We are happy to help anytime so please don't hesitate to call. We look forward to working with you again.

10/01/2020

Richard M.

Good. Arrived on time, serviced the parts, did some repair work.

Description of Work
Service & repair

Category garage doors,garage builders

It was our pleasure to help, thank you for calling and giving us the opportunity to work with you. We appreciate your business.

09/10/2020

kevin T.

Company representative showed up on time and was very courteous and professional. I explained and showed him some areas that appear to be malfunctioning and left him to examine the rest to the door. After a little while he approached me and indicated he needed to replace bearings on both side of the garage door and would cost around $400-500. I thanked him, paid him for an estimate fee, and told him I will considered it and he indicated that quote was good for 5-7 days. I had already called another repair company that came out the next day to compare estimates. This other company arrived, I provided the same info and let them look at my door. About ten minutes later, He indicated, he could fix it on the spot, and cost me $150. 20 minutes later without replacing any bearings or other parts, he had fixed garage door and works great and came with a 90 day warranty. He adjusted a few things, including the springs at the center of door and worked like it was brand new.

Description of Work
Fix Garage door that would not close

Category garage builders

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience with our company. We are sorry you felt you received 1 star service, our goal is to provide 5 star service with every call, no matter if we are just giving an estimate or repairing your door. We do try to be as competitive as possible with our pricing and we completely understand you wanting to get a second opinion. We offer three quotes on all calls we go on and the quote you are referring to was for $437.63 which included the fee for making your door operable again, replacing 2 end bearing plates (which are a heavy duty and high cycle brand) and a 1 year warranty. Our quotes were given based on the 25 point inspection that we complete on every call we go on. Your door failed 6 items on that inspection list which is why replacing parts was quoted to you. Other companies might be cheaper, but you have to compare the quotes exactly the same (quality of parts used, experience, warranties included, etc) and as you stated, the other company didn't even replace parts. We hate that we were not able to earn your business and we hope that you were able to get your door needs taken care of by the other company. If we can assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call us.

08/02/2020

Doug V.

Garage doors are now working smoothly. Repairman very professional

Description of Work
Repaired garage door

Category garage doors,garage builders

Thank you for your business and taking the time to provide a review. We are happy you called and that we were able to help with your garage door needs. If we can assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call.

07/21/2020

Scott W.

Wow! My new garage doors look great! And everything about my experience with Precision Garage Door Service was exceptional. Jason came at precisely the time of the appointment for measuring and generating a quote. My double door garage is small and had old-style swing-up doors, so he was very careful to be precise with his calculations. The doors were custom made and installed on the date, and at the exact time, Jason promised. Scott, the installer, is a true craftsman. He and his assistant, Charles, worked deliberately and quickly to get the job done right and ahead of schedule. After just a few hours I had beautiful new garage doors that instantly improved the look (and value) of my home. I highly recommend Precision Garage Door Service!

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as an "A", as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We will be sure to tell our team how happy you are with the service they provided and let them know to keep up the good work! Thank you for your business and we hope you enjoy your new doors for many years. We are here anytime you need us!

07/07/2020

Sharon D.

i was very happy with them. They are professional. wear mask, practice social distancing, and gave 4 different price point of what i can do.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up, redid roller and spring, new garage door opener.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.

07/02/2020

Gary G.

Excellent! Technician was very professional, courteous, and dducated to complete the job to our satisfaction. He took the extra time to show us the operation of the new garage door and opener using provided hand held remotes, and how to download the remote on our cellphones before leaving.

Description of Work
Repair broken garage door

Category garage doors,garage builders

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive rating! We will make sure to share this with our team to let them know to keep up the amazing work. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

04/30/2020

Earl C.

Not well. Technician came out and gave me an estimate. The estimate was far more than I expected to pay and told him so. He came down about $100 so I so ok. Spent about 40 mins making some repairs. I paid approximately $192. next day the garage door was making the same noise as before. Called PD back and they sent a different technician out. He found the real issue and charged me another $130. Total repair bill was just over $320. I would not use PD again,

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Category garage builders

Thank you for taking our call today and allowing us to prove that we are a 5 star company. We appreciate your honesty and constructive criticism. We have spoken to the technician and have used your experience as a learning tool in our organization. Thank you again and please feel free to call with any of your garage door needs in the future.

04/23/2020

ron J.

It went good, repaired door and replace worn part.

Description of Work
Garage door maintenance, rollers replaced.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your business and the review! We are happy we could help with your garage door needs. Please let us know if we can assist in the future.

04/09/2020

Marty G.

Called 10:30 PM. Arrived next day at 8:30 am. Technician Kyle very professional, A+ A+. But the prices,,,, wow !!! 2 springs $440, 12 rollers $192, 3 bearings w/o plates $240, 14 ft of cable $110 and bottom door seal $98.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Category garage doors

We are sorry you were unhappy with the service you received but it appears you are leaving a review on the wrong Precision Garage Door's Angie's list site. We are located in Atlanta and I see you are located in Kentucky. Please reach out to the Precision that provided your service to discuss your pricing.

03/16/2020

GILBERTO D.

Very well. Started ahead of time and finished promptly.

Description of Work
Springs and ball joints replacements

Category garage doors

Awesome to hear, thank you for your business and the review. If we can assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to call.

03/14/2020

Quentoria B.

Roy Amerine was absolutely amazing an very Knowledgeable about the whole process.

Description of Work
Garage door opener

Category garage doors

Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate your business very much. Roy is great and we are happy to see he took care of your garage door needs.

02/28/2020

Greg H.

My old garage door opener was failing to open using my remotes - it would open using the wall button and my remotes worked on the second door. I isolated the problem to the receiver circuit board in the opener and was going to repair the solder on the circuits or replace the board, but the opener was an old unit (a '97 model - the first to use "Learn buttons") and my wife asked me to simply replace the opener. I checked with all of the local big box stores and found that I could purchase a replacement opener for $130 - $170, but my work schedule didn't allow me to get to the project until the weekend. The boss (my wife) requested that we simply call a service and have the unit replaced. I called around and decided on Precision because we had used them in the past, and because after speaking with the appointment rep, they assured me that the "out the door price" would be $329, inclusive of all taxes, etc. More than I wanted to pay for a builder grade opener, but to keep the boss happy I made the appointment. The tech was quick and installed the opener in about 15 minutes. Imagine my surprise when the bill came to over $355. I explained that I had discussed the bill (very thoroughly) with the customer service rep and was assured that total price was $329. The tech said he didn't know about that, but the total would be the price $329 plus tax, $355 and change. He said I would have to speak to his boss to get a refund. Fortunately I found a $20 discount online to bring the cost down to $335. After the tech left, I went out to check the opener, and found that unlike my other garage door opener, a light did not come on when I opened or closed the door. Upon inspection, I found that the tech had simply not installed the light. I then went to program the Myq, the app that allows you to interact with the door opener online and receive alerts when the door is operated. Surprise surprise, the tech did not leave any of the documentation for me to set this up, or leave any manuals for the opener. I can get this online, but it's the principle that has me a bit bothered. And on the topic of principle... I responded to an email from Lynn, listed as an owner at Precision, to tell her about my experience. Now almost 24 hours later, I have yet to receive a response. It is doubtful that I will use Precision's services in the future.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Category garage doors

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience. We apologize for the miscommunication on the price with the technician, as he was unaware of the price you were quoted over the phone. All of our calls are recorded and after listening to the call, the call center did in fact quote you a price with the f/s/e/d (fuel, surcharge, energy and disposal fee) included, so we apologize that the technician added it again. We have tried reaching out to you to discuss this and to discuss a credit we will give but we have been unable to speak with you. Please reach back out at the number we left for you on your voicemail. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future if the need arises.

11/03/2019

Annie T.

very well. He explained what he was going do, and advised me on what I should do to keep every thing moving in order. He checked multiple areas and corrected them. I am very pleased with precision garage! He was on time, very polite and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
tuneup for my garage door

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and for your business.

09/24/2019

Carole S.

Very well - they came out the next day and repaired the door. Did an excellent job!

Description of Work
Bottom of door was damaged by car

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review! Glad we could assist you in your door needs. Please call us again in the future if you need anything.

08/20/2019

CANDY P.

Showed up on time, worked until job was completed, seemed very knowledgeable. Doors are working well

Description of Work
Replaced 2 old wood garage doors with metal doors

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and business! We love seeing happy customers! Please call us if you have any further needs.!

07/15/2019

Tarek A.

replaced the garage opener that went bad and gave me an upgraded garage door opener. with a warranty.

Description of Work
replaced the garage door opener

Category garage doors,garage builders

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to leave a review. We are happy we could help with your door needs and we hope you enjoy your new opener for many years. Please call if we can assist you in the future.

06/21/2019

Lorenzo S.

Reasonably priced and service was great.

Description of Work
Had my garage door replaced.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for this review. We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We’re here for you anytime.

06/20/2019

John H.

Never heard back from them. Attempted to reach them 3 times, no call backs or emails.

Description of Work
Wanted their garage servicing deal

Category garage doors

[Member Name Removed], We are sorry that you have had such a bad experience with using Angie's List. I've looked through our call log and can not find a call place using your name or address. Please call us at your earliest convenience and we will make sure your coupon is honored. Thank you in advance.

06/05/2019

Jed B.

The technician was thorough and friendly. It was a pleasant experience. He recommended one service that I declined for financial reasons and because the need seemed remote, not urgent.

Description of Work
Garage door regular maintenance. Replaced rollers as per special offer. Adjusted tension on one spring.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review and business. Please do not hesitate to call if you ever need further assistance.