Estate shutters are extremely durable, energy-efficient window coverings that are optimal if you live in a warm climate. Here’s everything you need to know about their cost, materials, and benefits before you install them in your home.
Get matched with top window treatment in Opelika, AL
There are 5 highly-rated local window treatment.
Matching on Angi
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Opelika
- Louver Shop of MontgomeryVery professional, brought excellent samples which made my decisions easy. Was $800 lower than the closest other estimate. Were installed in less than 3 weeks and very professionally done.
- EXPRESS BLINDSThey measured early to ensure the shutters would fit properly. They discussed the many window covering options they provided and also offered wood and faux finishes for the shutters. They did not pressure me into any style or choice and were very easy to work with. Installation was fast and accurate. I was pleased with all aspects of this experience
- Rick Edwards HandymanHe was really great. He took the time to put up the things that I needed properly. He went over and explained things to me. He told me why he couldn’t do certain things that I wanted to be done. He answered all my questions. He was punctual and on time. He did the job and I was satisfied with it. I had bought some that were too long and didn’t fit right. He took them back to the store and got the correct ones. He was very good. He did about 15 windows. The price was good and was around what everybody else charged
- Area Painting CoI found Area Painting Company on Angie's List. I selected them based on their past recommendations. And, my selection was right on. Ronnie came out the same day (within hours) of my initial call. And, to my surprise, he provided me with a cost estimate right then. A few days later, he came and pressure washed my house. (It looked totally different just by doing that.) Then, the painting began. Both Ronnie and his team of painters were very professional and thorough. Their hand-painting of the windows was very precise and careful. It took about 5-6 days to complete the entire job from pressure washing to finish due to a couple weather interruptions. He also acquired new shutters for my windows and installed them. The job costs broke down this way: The cost of the painting was $2,800. Installation of the shutters was $60 The shutters (provided at cost) were $267.87. I would definitely use his company again
- BI-CITY BLINDSThe sales person that came to see me was Troy Watson. It is locally owned and operated. I ordered the blinds on 02/12 and the sales person called me up & said that he would be getting the fan for the plantation blinds. He said he would keep in touch with me and would let me know when the blinds would be in. He called me up once to let me know about the fans and since then he hasn't called me. I called him yesterday, but didn't receive any response from him. I called today and he answered the phone. He told me that all the fans are in and it shouldn't be any longer; but he did tell me from the beginning that it takes a while. I am waiting for the blinds to come & see what kind of work they did. They quoted $6000+ for 27 windows
- BI-CITY BLINDSI am glad to be finished with this experience. Angie's List was very helpful in bringing this company to see their need to be true to their word and warranty the work they state in writing has a lifetime guarantee.
- EXPRESS BLINDSJust wanted to give an update on my dealings with Express Blinds in Phenix City, AL. It's been over a year now, and we have not heard from anyone with the company. I have given up on getting them to repaint, as they promised to do, my shutters. He made many promises, many times, to correct the problem, and he has not as of this date, May 8, 2015
- BI-CITY BLINDSSo the requirement to pay such a large chunk up front should have been my first indicator to not trust them....and while it took him less than an hour after leaving my house to cash the nearly three thousand dollar check...it took me 6 months, the BBB, and the police to track down this scam artist! I placed my order on 4-02-10...the check was cashed that same day. I patiently waited the 4 week...and when I heard nothing from them, I called and asked about when I should expect them to come do the install. A date was set and came and went...without them showing up. They stopped returning my phone calls...they wouldn't answer when I called from my phone, using caller ID. I got them to answer only when I used numbers they didn't know. After 8 weeks I went to their store front and...surprise surprise..it didn't exist!!! The address that was supposed to be the store was an auto repair shop. So there I was...out $3,000 with not a single thing to show for it and no way to find them. Several months after my original order was placed and having gone weeks of no returned phone calls or arrival of my merchandise, I contacted the police. An officer called the owner and left him a message to either call me and resolve the matter or return his call about it. Instead of calling me or the officer, the owner called the police department, inquiring as to if the officer was actually a real officer there!!! In other words, he thought I was trying to scam HIM into doing what he was supposed to do! To his dismay, the cop was, in fact a real officer. The next day, the owner called me and apologized profusely..making up stories about how they had my whole order except the arch piece..which had broken during shipping 3 times and he was so sorry it slipped his mind to call me....he lost my number...he got so busy...a million excuses that didn't work given I called him daily and left my number on his voicemail daily. He offered to bring me my partial order while the arch was still being built and given that would be at least something for my money, I agreed. He actually showed up this time, with everything except the arch and 2 panels for the front doors. Installation went smoothly, the products that he brought were satisfactory...I refused to pay the rest of the balance until I had -all- the pieces given that the pieces I had were still worth LESS than the check I wrote him! He assured me that he was going to drive up to Atlanta himself to bring in the arch this time and it would be ready in a week or two. Again..waited...and same song second verse. Nothing from him for weeks, no returned call. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and they got involved as mediators. I was eventually given back the money I had paid him that was in excess of the merchandise I received so I did end up paying for what I was actually given. But 8 months of daily calls, police involvement, correspondence with the BBB, and flat out trying to track this man down was not at all worth the products I received. This company still offers discount coupons in the local money mailer and their website boasts that they are "committed to exceeding customer expectations by providing quality products and services" and have proudly been "serving" the area for over 12 years. I think they meant "scamming" the area for 12 years. Check the BBB and keep in mind they have only recently added the ability to see the filed complaints. Mine was before complaints were available to be seen...but there are 6 complaints filed with the BBB against them for similar things. Stay far far away from this company and warn everyone you know to not use them
- EXPRESS BLINDSThe paint job was inconsistent at best. You could see thinned out areas on the various louvers. The paint did not match the trim color very well. He admitted time and time again that the paint he used was inferior, and he knew the problem existed when he installed them, but he did so hoping we wouldn't notice the poor quality of the paint job. Since October 2013, we have talked, texted, and emailed the owner dozens of times to make good and repaint the shutters. He never answers his cell phone when you call, so you are forced to leave a voice mail. He has promised countless times to repaint the shutters, but every single time he has one excuse after another why he cannot get to the job. It's been going on 8 months and we re no closer to resolving the issue that we were in October 2013. We took paint and had it tinted ourselves to match, and gave it to him to go by and mix the paint he needed to use to repaint the shutters. It appears that once he gets your money, then he is done with you. On his contract he has a "lifetime deluxe service guarantee", which apparently means nothing. When he is trying to get your business it touts his warranty over and over. We made the mistake of dealing with him because of price and his eagerness to get the job. It has proven to be a big mistake
Last update on May 8, 2015
Window Treatment Services in Opelika
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
As the holidays wind down, we can still celebrate the wintertime with much-needed light, coziness, and style. Transition your home decor with a few easy tips.
Installing blinds lets you control the amount of light and privacy in your room. Learn how to measure for blinds to get the perfect fit the first time.
Find window treatment in
- Smiths Station,
- West Point,
- Phenix City,
- Camp Hill,
- Fort Benning,
- Fort Mitchell,
- Pine Mountain,
window treatment in Opelika
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Area Painting Co1226 Chaplin Dr
Columbus, Georgia 31904
- Area Painting Co
- Blindsgalore5744 Pacific Center Blvd Ste 306
San Diego, California 92121
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham309 Cahaba Valley Pkwy N Ste H
Pelham, Alabama 35124
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham
- EXPRESS BLINDS1712 OPELIKA RD
Phenix City, Alabama 36867
- EXPRESS BLINDS
- Guyette Roofing & Construction1849 Upper Wetumpka Rd
Montgomery, Alabama 36107
- Guyette Roofing & Construction
- Intelligent Design & RenovationP.O. Box 2346
Auburn, Alabama 36831
- Intelligent Design & Renovation
- Palace of Glass2340 Powell St, Suite 108
Emeryville, California 94608
- Palace of Glass
- The Glass Guru of Columbus5300 Transport Blvd
Columbus, Georgia 31907
- The Glass Guru of Columbus