The differences between light-filtering and room-darkening window treatments are subtle but important. We’re sharing their pros and cons, how they complement your home and help you save on energy costs.
Get matched with top window treatment in Opelika, AL
There are 6 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Opelika
- Rick Edwards HandymanHe was really great. He took the time to put up the things that I needed properly. He went over and explained things to me. He told me why he couldn’t do certain things that I wanted to be done. He answered all my questions. He was punctual and on time. He did the job and I was satisfied with it. I had bought some that were too long and didn’t fit right. He took them back to the store and got the correct ones. He was very good. He did about 15 windows. The price was good and was around what everybody else charged
- Louver Shop of MontgomeryVery professional, brought excellent samples which made my decisions easy. Was $800 lower than the closest other estimate. Were installed in less than 3 weeks and very professionally done.
- Area Painting CoI found Area Painting Company on Angie's List. I selected them based on their past recommendations. And, my selection was right on. Ronnie came out the same day (within hours) of my initial call. And, to my surprise, he provided me with a cost estimate right then. A few days later, he came and pressure washed my house. (It looked totally different just by doing that.) Then, the painting began. Both Ronnie and his team of painters were very professional and thorough. Their hand-painting of the windows was very precise and careful. It took about 5-6 days to complete the entire job from pressure washing to finish due to a couple weather interruptions. He also acquired new shutters for my windows and installed them. The job costs broke down this way: The cost of the painting was $2,800. Installation of the shutters was $60 The shutters (provided at cost) were $267.87. I would definitely use his company again
- EXPRESS BLINDSThey measured early to ensure the shutters would fit properly. They discussed the many window covering options they provided and also offered wood and faux finishes for the shutters. They did not pressure me into any style or choice and were very easy to work with. Installation was fast and accurate. I was pleased with all aspects of this experience
- BI-CITY BLINDSThe sales person that came to see me was Troy Watson. It is locally owned and operated. I ordered the blinds on 02/12 and the sales person called me up & said that he would be getting the fan for the plantation blinds. He said he would keep in touch with me and would let me know when the blinds would be in. He called me up once to let me know about the fans and since then he hasn't called me. I called him yesterday, but didn't receive any response from him. I called today and he answered the phone. He told me that all the fans are in and it shouldn't be any longer; but he did tell me from the beginning that it takes a while. I am waiting for the blinds to come & see what kind of work they did. They quoted $6000+ for 27 windows
- BI-CITY BLINDSI am glad to be finished with this experience. Angie's List was very helpful in bringing this company to see their need to be true to their word and warranty the work they state in writing has a lifetime guarantee.
- EXPRESS BLINDSThe paint job was inconsistent at best. You could see thinned out areas on the various louvers. The paint did not match the trim color very well. He admitted time and time again that the paint he used was inferior, and he knew the problem existed when he installed them, but he did so hoping we wouldn't notice the poor quality of the paint job. Since October 2013, we have talked, texted, and emailed the owner dozens of times to make good and repaint the shutters. He never answers his cell phone when you call, so you are forced to leave a voice mail. He has promised countless times to repaint the shutters, but every single time he has one excuse after another why he cannot get to the job. It's been going on 8 months and we re no closer to resolving the issue that we were in October 2013. We took paint and had it tinted ourselves to match, and gave it to him to go by and mix the paint he needed to use to repaint the shutters. It appears that once he gets your money, then he is done with you. On his contract he has a "lifetime deluxe service guarantee", which apparently means nothing. When he is trying to get your business it touts his warranty over and over. We made the mistake of dealing with him because of price and his eagerness to get the job. It has proven to be a big mistake
- BI-CITY BLINDSSo the requirement to pay such a large chunk up front should have been my first indicator to not trust them....and while it took him less than an hour after leaving my house to cash the nearly three thousand dollar check...it took me 6 months, the BBB, and the police to track down this scam artist! I placed my order on 4-02-10...the check was cashed that same day. I patiently waited the 4 week...and when I heard nothing from them, I called and asked about when I should expect them to come do the install. A date was set and came and went...without them showing up. They stopped returning my phone calls...they wouldn't answer when I called from my phone, using caller ID. I got them to answer only when I used numbers they didn't know. After 8 weeks I went to their store front and...surprise surprise..it didn't exist!!! The address that was supposed to be the store was an auto repair shop. So there I was...out $3,000 with not a single thing to show for it and no way to find them. Several months after my original order was placed and having gone weeks of no returned phone calls or arrival of my merchandise, I contacted the police. An officer called the owner and left him a message to either call me and resolve the matter or return his call about it. Instead of calling me or the officer, the owner called the police department, inquiring as to if the officer was actually a real officer there!!! In other words, he thought I was trying to scam HIM into doing what he was supposed to do! To his dismay, the cop was, in fact a real officer. The next day, the owner called me and apologized profusely..making up stories about how they had my whole order except the arch piece..which had broken during shipping 3 times and he was so sorry it slipped his mind to call me....he lost my number...he got so busy...a million excuses that didn't work given I called him daily and left my number on his voicemail daily. He offered to bring me my partial order while the arch was still being built and given that would be at least something for my money, I agreed. He actually showed up this time, with everything except the arch and 2 panels for the front doors. Installation went smoothly, the products that he brought were satisfactory...I refused to pay the rest of the balance until I had -all- the pieces given that the pieces I had were still worth LESS than the check I wrote him! He assured me that he was going to drive up to Atlanta himself to bring in the arch this time and it would be ready in a week or two. Again..waited...and same song second verse. Nothing from him for weeks, no returned call. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and they got involved as mediators. I was eventually given back the money I had paid him that was in excess of the merchandise I received so I did end up paying for what I was actually given. But 8 months of daily calls, police involvement, correspondence with the BBB, and flat out trying to track this man down was not at all worth the products I received. This company still offers discount coupons in the local money mailer and their website boasts that they are "committed to exceeding customer expectations by providing quality products and services" and have proudly been "serving" the area for over 12 years. I think they meant "scamming" the area for 12 years. Check the BBB and keep in mind they have only recently added the ability to see the filed complaints. Mine was before complaints were available to be seen...but there are 6 complaints filed with the BBB against them for similar things. Stay far far away from this company and warn everyone you know to not use them
- EXPRESS BLINDSJust wanted to give an update on my dealings with Express Blinds in Phenix City, AL. It's been over a year now, and we have not heard from anyone with the company. I have given up on getting them to repaint, as they promised to do, my shutters. He made many promises, many times, to correct the problem, and he has not as of this date, May 8, 2015
Window Treatment Services in Opelika
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:Guyette Roofing & Construction is family owned, been in business since 1982, and a member of the BBB. We are also fully licensed and insured. A full service roofing company located in downtown Montgomery, Guyette Roofing & Construction has served the Montgomery area for over 30 years. We have grown from a one-man woodworking operation in a Montgomery garage to a full scale roofing company capable of doing the largest residential and commercial jobs. Owner, Bill Guyette, runs the company with ..Recent Review:They did an excellent job all around. They did the work without me being on site and they were very reliable and unsupervised. I would definitely hire them again and I would highly recommend them.David R.
- Business Description:Locally owned by Doug Dechert.Recent Review:I highly recommend Southeast Awning for your awning needs. Doug came out and picked up our old awning and brought it back with new fabric, painted the frame and reinstalled it. It looks fabulous. He's truly the expert on awnings and has the best pricingJill C.
- Business Description:Additional phone number - (706) 442-9257Recent Review:Ronnie Fuller and his assistant, Jeff, did a great job. They were punctual and always kept me informed of when they would be at my house. The cost was quite reasonable, and Mr. Fuller refused payment until I was completely satisfiedTom L.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Birmingham! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while crea..Recent Review:Met with John Maenza this morning at my house. He did a great presentation, helping us to look at all the features of champion windows. I had done my homework on potential problems and he answered my question with courtesy and treated us with respect. By the time he left we felt confident in him and the companyGodelieve B.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeepi..Recent Review:If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend themCarla D.
- Business Description:We are the neighborhood glass shop you can rely on to be your one-stop solution and the best source for new and replacement glass, windows, doors, screens, mirrors, showers and more. Our locations offer Free Whole-Home Window Inspections to help you evaluate your needs. Do you have Foggy Dual-Pane Windows with condensation or residue between the panes? Our proven Moisture Removal and Window Restoration Process can fix this problem at a fraction the cost. We can also Remove Hard Water S..Recent Review:Absolutely the worst experience, I have ever had with a company. They have scheduled 4 appointments and not shown or called on any one of them. The only way to get them answer their phone is call from a different number. When you get them they promise to call back but never do. Work was paid to be done, but nothing. In my opinion that is theft. Buyers bewareDavid K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Foggy windows indicate a failed seal and moisture in between the panes of glass. Find out if you can fix your foggy windows or if you need to call a pro.
If your double-pane windows fog up or you notice a draft, your window seals may be failing. Here’s what you need to know to repair or replace your windows.
Find window treatment in
- Smiths Station
- West Point
- Phenix City
- Camp Hill
- Fort Benning
- Fort Mitchell
- Pine Mountain
window treatment in Opelika
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- EXPRESS BLINDS1712 OPELIKA RD
Phenix City, Alabama
- EXPRESS BLINDS
- Guyette Roofing & Construction1849 Upper Wetumpka Rd
- Guyette Roofing & Construction
- Intelligent Design & RenovationP.O. Box 2346
- Intelligent Design & Renovation
- Johnson Builders & Remodeling953 lee rd. 207
Phenix City, Alabama
- Johnson Builders & Remodeling
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- RANDY PRATHER BUILDING & REMODEL1364 Belinda drive
- RCR Residential Construction & Remodeling LLC702 N 17th St.
- Retractableawnings16300 NW 48th Ave
- RoomsBeautiful.com3547 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
- Ryberg Construction - Handyman Services912 Bibb Ave
- RANDY PRATHER BUILDING & REMODEL
- The Glass Guru of Columbus5300 Transport Blvd
- The Glass Guru of Columbus
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- WINDO THERM
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR