Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Fort Payne, AL
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Fort Payne
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of BirminghamWe worked with Robin Turner. She did a wonderful professional presentation pointing out all the reasons we should choose Champion. We have some unusual windows and wanted a different look. Robin helped us decide on just the right windows for a great curb appeal.
- Jireh Painting & RemodelingJireh was very pleasant to work with, the job was started and completed within the time frame, the workers were punctual and friendly. They completed the job as specified. I would definitely hire them again!
- North Alabama BuildersIt?s not too often that I write about a company to say how impressed I am with their service?but all I have to say is WOW. North Alabama Builders exceeded my expectations in every way possible. We worked the entire project through the company's owner, Brent. I was extremely impressed with Brent and his thorough inspection of the property, existing deck structure, listening to the vision/needs we had for the new deck and execution of the project. Brent continuously updated us throughout the project and stood behind his work in every way possible. The original estimate was very detailed and provided exactly what work we agreed upon. I was happy to see all the details in the estimate and it further provided me with confidence that Brent thought through all the details of the project. He executed exactly as he stated he would. We even ran into some issues with our existing structure (rot underneath a old door) and expanded the scope of North Alabama Builder's work. His team responded without any issues to the additional scope we added. Even with the additional work we added, Brent stayed within the budget he estimated. Additionally, there were a few details where Brent and his team went above and beyond what was in the estimate - such as painting the internal wall and trim where an old door was removed and replacing some boards in the bottom deck to make it look completely finished. We did not expect this and we were excited to see this attention to detail. We left Brent and his team with a key since we were not able to be home for the entire project. We never even thought twice about this. I would highly recommend North Alabama Builders. We were thrilled with the work and would use him again in a second
- North Alabama BuildersVery professional, courteous, and eye for detail. Good communication of plans, concerns, recommendations, and anticipated costs. Excellent time frame and achieved goal for finishing once work began. Good follow-up after completion to assure satisfaction. Good clean up afterwards. As the son of a commercial contractor and having years of construction experience myself, I can highly recommend Brent and North Alabama Builders
- Harmony RemodelingThe results were better than we could have imagined. From the time we broke ground, the estimated time of completion was pretty close despite working during the winter and having a couple weeks where no work could be done. The contractors were friendly and paid attention to the details we gave them. Mike was awesome with his follow up, making sure everything was done the way it was planned! He is a stickler for cleanliness and the little details that meant a lot to us with our addition. We added a master bedroom, bathroom, closet, guest bedroom, guest bathroom and mud room; remodeled a kitchen, turned a bedroom into a laundry room and closet and a bathroom into a pantry... paved a very steep driveway and poured a sidewalk and double parking slab. all in 4-5 months. Not to mention we live in an area where it is difficult to find builders/contractors that will show up much less complete a job. Excellent job and we would certainly recommend him!!
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingWe had two baths remodeled. At the end of each day, the cleaning and straightening up was very good. Eric kept us up to date on what the next day or two plans would be. Bath 1 was a complete tear out and replace, bath two we replaced the tub with a show and added to the closet where the original shower had been. Eric furnishes labor and you furnish the "pretty" items like fixtures, tile, towel holders. They used top of the line materials. We did ask for a couple of things, not in the original estimate and ran into a major wiring issue in the 2nd bath redo. We negotiated a price change that day, very fair, and moved on. The wiring was run midway down a wall instead of in the attic or near the ceiling. Caused some major rerouting, we didn't know so it was an understandable cost increase. Eric is an extremely fair person to deal with, he wants the job done right
- Robert BullockAn "A" rating isn't high enough for Mr. Bullock! He is hands down, the BEST, most professional, friendly and get-it-done handyman/carpenter I've ever hired. Will definitely hire him again.
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingJust like the first job Mr. Denton drew up a contract took a down payment and started to workthe folowing Monday. Mr. Denton and his men were on the job each and every morning at 530 and went home at 4 pm monday thru friday. The job took 3 weeks and was wonderful to watch it come together. Mr. Denton used pine for the frame and cypress for the deck top. It is so well built if feels like concrete when you walk on it. Mr Denton also laid a small concrete pad area when you step off the deck it mets with my exsisting sidewalk
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingMy Bathroom was a Pepto Bismal Pink, it was God Awful! I could not keep the mold from growing in the tub and shower wall. The bathroom stunk like wet dog. I knew it was time to remodel. I contacted several local contractors and each one seemed to be a idiot or gave me the though of a used car salesman. I finally got a hold of Mr. Denton and Sweet Home Repairs and Remodeling through a friend who found him on Angieslist. I called him set an appointment and finally a contracted to do the work. Mr. Denton and his two men got my bathroom done in 2 weeks. It was a ton of work but now I am so pleased. The entire company was so professional and very clean in how they took care of my house while they tore out the bathroom
- Maine Bathroom RemodelingI cannot say enough good things about Erik and his team. They always show up on time and do a GREAT job. He has a calendar on his phone and he doesn't double-book, so when he tells you he'll be there Wednesday morning at 8, he's there. Another thing I truly appreciated was that Erik takes the time to explain everything that needs to be done and how his team plans to accomplish their goals. He also gives you a realistic estimate of the time it will take to do the work. If Erik weren't a phenomenal contractor, he would have made an excellent teacher because he makes sure you understand what his team is doing and why. He and his guys are personable and professional and always left the house as clean as they found it, which is especially impressive given the fact that two of the days they were working it was pouring rain. I would heartily recommend Sweet Home Repairs to anyone. They are honest men and true home experts who make sure that things get done right the first time
Contractors in Fort Payne
- Business Description:Holland Homes LLC is a full service residential contracting company for all of your needs. From small repairs to full custom homes and renovations there is no job too big or small. We provide a quality service for all of our valued customers while providing a superior product on all of our projects. Our priority is to achieve full customer satisfaction on every job while building a relationship of trust with every client to ensure a successful job. With great attention to detail on every job,..Recent Review:I need someone to financing my roof no one will do ??no one out there do financing anymore thank you alls steve 01/05/2019 angies list can anyone help me>256-525-0822>1801 dooley ave Anniston,alabamasteve c.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Birmingham! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while crea..Recent Review:Met with John Maenza this morning at my house. He did a great presentation, helping us to look at all the features of champion windows. I had done my homework on potential problems and he answered my question with courtesy and treated us with respect. By the time he left we felt confident in him and the companyGodelieve B.
- Business Description:Over 10 years experience doing new construction, Remodeling, Decks and home repairs. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:Excellent. Ryan was on time every day, had professional knowledge, friendly and courteous. Finished the job right on time.Regina C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:HandymanRecent Review:Very good. Would recommend him to any one.Mike T.
- Business Description:License Contractor:Quinney Contracting qualified and ready for the job,willing to help others in there time of need.We also know people need the job done and want business's to work with them,we are more than willing and able to work with youRecent Review:I paid him in full on 08-17-2019, and he has yet to complete the repairs. Despite numerous contacts he claims he is too busy to complete the job. He has left an 83 year old house occupant with a leaking roof and unfinished dry wall and the cold weather has arrived. I only selected him from a recommendation from Angie’s listJon A.
- Business Description:We recycle wood from barns, buildings, old warehouses and either mill the beams into custom hardwood flooring, re-work the beams for timber frame structures, custom millwork, no job is too big or too small! ALL of our materials are reclaimed, we have NO NEW wood at all! The appearance of this old antique wood is amazing and unlike materials of today. Small family owned and operated business with a very BIG name :Recent Review:We went to this company to get a cost estimate on building a dining table with reclaimed wood. It has been 10 days and we still have gotten no response. Our design was very simple and the dimensions were provided. When we were at the place of business, my husband also inquired as to prices on their reclaimed wood flooring. The lady who worked there "chuckled" as if we could not possibly afford their product before proceeding to deliver various prices. My husband and I were in old work clothes, but this person had no clue as to our financial status. I found her attitude very insulting. The lack of response on the table estimate speaks volumes and indicates to me that this company is only interested in "high end" clientele that purchases their pricey wood flooring. They obviously do not have time for the common local homeowner that simply wants a table built. <br /> <br /> <br /> <strong>Response to Business Response</strong>: <br /> <em>Just to clarify, on the same day as the visit (January 29th), and at the request of the officer manager, Shannin Betz, I emailed her the dimensions and a photo to the email she provided: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email contained my email address and phone number. I did not get a response from her, so the next day, I again sent an email using the company website. This email also contained my contact information. This time I received an email from Mrs. Betz saying that she got both emails and would get with her father on pricing and then get back with me in a few days. This was on January 30th. As of this date (February 10th), an estimate has not been provided even though the company has responded to this review. <br /> </em> <br /M B.
- Business Description:We don't offer financing. We have four employees. We usually like to be paid in cash after the job is done. We give estimates before we start the job.
- Business Description:Anything you can dream up can be built! Any ideas you have for remodeling can be done quickly and beautifully! We are a small company which allows us to give our all to our customers! Prices do vary by job so feel free to contact us for a free quote
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Valley Head
- Cedar Bluff
- Flat Rock
- Rising Fawn
general contractors in Fort Payne
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A & P Services822 fort dale rd
- A & S contruction39 County Road 897
- A 2 Z Home Services883 county road 61
- A&W Construction2930 shahan av
- Alabama Re-Roof3584 Hwy 31 S. Suite 147
- American Construction and Development LLC80 Canyon Trail
- Apex Roofing and Construction5800 Henderson Rd
- Artisan Remodelimg and Tile LLC6097 County Rd 81
- Atlas Roofing Georgia63 W Elm St
- A & P Services
- C D WEAVER CONSTRUCTIONPO BOX 727
- Capstone Construction LLC50 W Sunset Dr.
- Carter Construction141 Cedar Run Ln
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Birmingham309 Cahaba Valley Pkwy N Ste H
- Compass Restoration Group2770 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, Florida
- Complete Home RepairPO Box 83
- C D WEAVER CONSTRUCTION
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- J&J Metal Construction250 Pam Ave
- James and Company LLC Antique Timbers & Flooring482 CR-209
- JAYMASHBURNCONSTRUCTION71 SUTTLES AV RAINSVILLE
- JD Construction Services25 Aldrich Rd
- John Reed Construction5675 Cr 47
- JOHNSON BUILDERS5 THRASHER DRIVE BOAZ,AL
- J&J Metal Construction
- Ogle Contractors703 North Anniston Avenue
- Ogle Contractors
- Saugahatchee Wood Works684 County Rd 2039
- Service Contracting, LLCPO Box 240157
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Slick's Construction & Flooring1680 Airport Rd
- South Eastern Claims Specialists4221 Huntsville Rd
- Spot-On Contracting & Construction LLC77 Thunder Road
- Start to Finish Contractors2400 East Road
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Saugahatchee Wood Works