Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Rome, GA
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Rome
- Acton Home Solutions LLCThis company did an excellent job. They were very courteous and respectful. I liked the fact that they always called to let me know their time of arrival and they never left a mess after while working, they were very neat workers.
- Precision Fence, Deck & Floor SystemsPFDFS not only repaired my deck, they built my deck from ground up! The workmanship and craftsmanship is superb! They take pride in their work and they possess great attention to details. They showed patience when I was undecided and helped me through that process! They are a great team and they work very well together and very professional, they left my property in great shape. I'm TOTALLY grateful and happy with choosing them and so will you read less
- Lar Con Construction IncOn November 18, we had an unfortunate mishap at my house. Someone crashed through my garage door, hitting my parked car and slamming it into my load-bearing bathroom wall. My car was trapped in the garage and there was cold air leaking into the bathroom. I will first start by praising God nobody was hurt. And now I will express my appreciation for Lar-Con Construction. Mr. Rowland and his crew were professional and courteous. The excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail given to this project were phenomenal as well as the timeliness in getting the project done. Lar-Con was there on Thanksgiving Week to start the project. The crew showed up when they said they would - every time. They made sure floors and walls were protected while they did their work and cleaned up every day before they left. Mr. Rowland kept in contact with me on this project and was always available whenever I had questions. My new garage door works better than ever. The wall looks like there was never any damage and the bathroom looks wonderful, even better than the original. I would hire Lar-Con Construction again in a heartbeat. This company is now the official builder of my household read less
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCSouthern Specialty did an excellent job on my roof and interior! I highly recommend them! Everything was left very clean and like it was before they got started. I am very pleased with this company!
- Southern Specialty Contractor LLCI just love this company. The representative that gave us our estimate was really helpful. The roof looks great, and we are very satisfied. The office staff is great also!
- DAVE JOHNSON BUILDING & REMODELING INCNot being native Mainers, new to the area and not knowing any contractors or tradespeople in the area, we had several unfortunate experiences in our initial attempts to identify a reliable contractor. As our time spent at the camp was often short and/or sporadic, we needed someone who would show up on schedule (while we were visiting the camp) and get the repairs done on time. Dave did that. As we became more familiar with the quality of the work that Dave and his crew did, we felt secure in knowing that even if we weren't present, the work would still get done correctly. This was a great relief to us. I don't recall Dave ever being late to the site, or the work taking longer or costing more than was originally agreed upon. We found his prices to be extremely reasonable and the quality of the work to be very good. In honesty, I can't find any fault with the services he provided, and we would certainly use his services again (exclusively) read less
- KDL PaintingI had 4 estimates done and Kevin was a little higher then the rest . the difference was he was more professional very detail with his estimate actually added all the work I was looking for in the estimate. I was not sure if everything was going to get done from the other ones.Even though he was a little higher I decided to go with Kevin because I felt more comfortable with him, that all the work was going to get done. it did take a little longer to get started on the project then we first talked about. once he did get started on it he finished it within the 3 days he told me he would and the the house came out wonderful he did every bit of work he said he would and then some I could not find a flaw in the whole house. the best thing I could say is be patient with him and he is worth the wait he is a busy man and you can't control the weather outside so please be understanding. the house looked great when it was all over read less
- ITP RenovationsThey were very professional and not pushy at all. Actually called them after hours to make some major repairs and they responded immediately and was there the very next day. By far one of the best contractor experiences I've had. Please see the before and after pictures below
- BEAR MOUNTAIN CUSTOM PAINTINGI found Bear Mountain and one other vendor through Angie's List and used their links to request contact online. Sonja at Bear Mountain responded within a couple hours and scheduled an appointment with Rob the same week. The consultation was great. He was very informative and accommodating, answering all our questions. He was technically knowledgeable about all aspects of the job, from the paint itself to the painting process. I think that meeting was on Thursday and we received a very thorough quote detailing everything to be done on Monday. We did get a second quote from another company that was over $2,000 higher, mostly due to overkill on the porch repairs we needed. Sonja arranged for a color consultant to help us pick colors, which was a wonderful experience. We had to go through our homeowners' association for color approval and the weather turned horrible for a couple weeks so we didn't get to start immediately. I believe from first contact to finishing the job took about four weeks, which I consider very timely. They also came back a couple weeks later to do touch-ups in a couple areas where everyone, including me, missed some small bare spots. The entire process can best be described as "painless" and far better than I could have imagined. My experiences with service companies over the past decade have left a lot to be desired. Bear Mountain restored my faith that there are companies with a good service attitude and ethical behavior. The contracts and associated paperwork were extremely thorough. They were constantly in contact throughout the bad weather when they were unable to work because of rain and wind. I never had to call them but I felt secure they would be available if there were any problems I wanted to discuss. The carpentry crew was as good as you get. They were capable and thorough, communicating appropriately throughout the job. They found a couple extra problems as they did the planned work and gave us options about how to proceed. For instance, when they began replacing the rotten wood on the porch columns, they found there were actually no supports inside the square columns. The two options they presented were to rebuild the columns with no-rot materials, as originally planned, or to install treated wood supports inside those new columns. We felt it was worth the extra cost to install the supports and get it right. They also managed to remove some very large curvy trim boards, in order to get to the columns, and reinstall those without a bit of damage to them. The paint crew was extremely polite, neat, and very hardworking. They worked really well as a team, moving in tandem around the house, as they prepped and painted. The paint crew leader touched base constantly to be sure everything was done as we wanted. She did a walk-around with me at the end of every day. Rob or Sonja checked in daily, as well, to be sure that things were going as we expected. We asked for extras, in addition to the painting, which they also completed quickly and efficiently (gutter cleaning, window cleaning, new downspout). I feel very fortunate that I took the extra step to join Angie's List and did not just use the phone book. The ratings and reviews for Bear Mountain were right on target and correct in their praise. This is a very well-managed company with very capable employees and a top-notch service attitude read less
- Casebier Construction-The Whole House DoctorOutstanding! Should be number one on anyones list to call and hire first...he is on mine. Can not recommend strongly enough. Simply outstanding in all categories!!!
Contractors in Rome
- Business Description:Honey bees are our friends. but hey, who wants them in the house?! We provide statewide, live honey bee removal. We guarantee against re-infestation and our workmanship. We remove the bees, comb and put every thing back together again. Call us to move the the bee's home out of your home and save them too. If you leave a message, please provide full name, city and phone number where you can be reached read lessRecent Review:Josh pealed back my carpet, removed some planks, removed the hive without leaving a bee behind, replaced the planks, re-attached the carpet, and left the room as if he had never been there. A real pro.John S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Direct Business Phone - 912-230-2271 ** Service areas include: Sea Island, Saint Simons Island, Saint Marys, Kingsland, Jekyll Island, and Brunswick. ** Deposit will be required on large contracts. Payment will be due when services are rendered. Only licensed sub-contractors will be used when required. Additional contact name - Robert Casebier read lessRecent Review:We are so happy we went with Casebier Construction, this closet is even more beautiful than the pictures we sent him for ideas! Their work is amazing and we were blown away by the skill they have in detail work and ability to reuse materials you have which cuts down on cost of materials! You can’t beat their pricing and quality of work. We will definitely be sticking with Casebier for our home projects read lessNina P.
- Business Description:We are a structural repair contractor that provides service all over the Atlanta Metro Area. We will travel outside of the metro area for a fee depending on location. We provide free estimates for homeowners and offer 100% financing through Enerbank USA for homeowners. We are dedicated to satisfying our customers. We believe in respecting our customers, listening to their requests and understanding their expectations. We strive to exceed their expectations in affordability, quality and workm.. read lessRecent Review:Wonderful! The rotten wood was discovered during the demolition for two bathroom remodels. Once discovered the bath remodeling contractor was not equipped to repair the underlying structural damage. A local engineer highly recommended Jeff Hall and Southern Contracting, who promptly came out to assess the extent of the damage that had likely been there for decades hidden behind the walls that were now exposed. He designed a rebuild of the bathroom stack (1st & 2nd floor) to include wall plates, flooring and ceiling structures. He assigned the construction work to a very experienced superintendent, Jeff who has been with the company for 7-years. He came with a crew of three men (Dev, Hunter and Andy). First and foremost, they did a great job! The structure is now stronger than when the property was built in 1929. Plus they were all very polite and very considerate of us as they performed the work. They put paper down on the floors to minimize the mess as they came in and out and also cleaned up well afterwards. It was a really good experience from the first call to their office all the way to the finish. I would highly recommend Southern Contracting read lessMark B.
- Business Description:General Contractor/Handyman services includes residential/commercial construction, office buildout, bathrooms, windows, doors, floors, roofing, gutters, kitchens, basements, plumbing, electrical, painting, etcRecent Review:Mr. Butler was punctual and saw a way to save us some money on placing the door in our home and performed a wonderful job. I would absolutely higher him again for any other projects for our home.Chris W.
- Business Description:Todd Phillips has been in business since 1992. Uses subcontractors and provides excellent and personal service when working with his customers. Charges determined by the job. No travel charges apply. Visit our page, Todd Phillips Construction, on Facebook. Give us a call read lessRecent Review:The workmanship was excellent. Mr. Phillips was one of the most responsive contractors we have worked with. He has assembled subcontractors who know their trade and can perform the work with skill and to code. He supervised their work and made sure that the work was done to the highest level. We relied on his services since we were traveling out of state in preparation for moving into the house and he met the deadline! We are more than pleased with his work and would highly recommend him to anyone. He is an excellent contractor and we are very glad to have found his company read lessBeverly M.
- Business Description:There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Atlanta! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creatin.. read lessRecent Review:Sales person was extremely professional and new his products.Carol B.
- Business Description:We deliver on-time, on-budget, home exterior renovation projects without all the stress commonly experienced in remodeling. Our customers say EXOVATIONS is the way remodeling should be done. We don't ask for payment until the end of the project and we offer payment through credit card or financing. James Hardie Preferred Remodeler read lessRecent Review:The folks at Exovations are the rock stars of the exterior home remodeling world. In spring 2021, Exovations turned our old deck into a gorgeous screened porch with a gable roof. From start to finish, everyone we dealt with was straightforward and graciously handled our endless questions. Our main initial concern with the project was adding a roofline over the deck and whether it would create any water drainage issues coming off the roof. But Josh and his crew, who did the bulk of the framing/carpentry work, did an incredible job with it. Our project manager, Ben Boyd, was also fantastic to work with, extremely responsive to calls and texts, and basically was willing to do whatever it took to make the customer happy. Ben was also on the same page with us about any concerns we had over small details and was quick to address them. Our initial contact in the project was sales rep Jim McCulloch and he (like Ben) was extremely patient and answered our many, many questions about products and design ideas. Exovations also replaced our front door insert (door, two sidelights and a half-circle transom) with a new composite unit with rain glass. We were extremely happy with how everything turned out and would use Exovations again without a second thought read lessHarold W.
- Business Description:Does your home need replacement windows, roofing, siding, doors, or attic insulation that is high-quality, energy-efficient, and comes with a lifetime warranty? We're the nation's largest full-service exterior home remodeler and over 500-time Angie’s List Super Service award winner. We can help transform your house into a beautiful and cost-effective home you've always dreamed of. At Power, you'll love our friendly, knowledgable, and professional remodeling consultants and be delighted by our.. read lessRecent Review:Terrible. First the sales person is super pushy. Should have known from the soliciting they were a scam. Well we got scammed into replacing 2 windows we needed replacing. Second, they rescheduled dates multiple times. Then DAY OF install they called saying the windows they bought were not the right size. We let them know when we would be available in the future and they did not give us another date. Then TODAY 9/13/21 They called out of the blue saying the contractors were on their way. Absolutely poor communication and honestly completely unacceptable. After the install we noticed they just placed the window ON TOP of the existing window frame. They did not caulk the vinyl frame either. They caulked the vinyl to the glass but not to the wood to seal it. On top of all of that the vinyl is bend in several places. For the second window in the bedroom they did not inform us that the windowsill would not be as long which now makes that window not match the rest of the house. We will have to have someone else replace that window now. They also just set that new window into the existing frame. Yes they just put it on top. Didn't clean it off and all which I find disgusting. For the amount of money we paid their service and work has been completely unacceptable read lessMelissa F.
- Business Description:Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority we accept credit cards . We are a faith based company with Christian values . We respect your property and listen to what your desires are for the turn out of the job and we pay careful attention to detail and pride ourselves on a job done right and on time read lessRecent Review:DO NOT HIRE!!!! I wish there were a way to grant negative stars on the scale. My experience with this "company" and its owner (Chris Matheny) was abysmal. Extremely unprofessional, unorganized, and SLOW. The owner is deceitful and scrapes together materials and labor to weasel his way through jobs. You won't see or hear from these people weeks at time. When they do "work" it is not supervised and done poorly. If you complain, the owner taunts and plays games - he never answers a direct question or gives any kind of timetable for the project. I feel bad for the workers that he hires (just whenever they are available outside their other jobs) because the owner is absent from job sites and does not answer their calls. He gives them zero direction and much of their time is wasted because of the lack of leadership. It took them over 3 months to do a simple backyard fence yet when he took my money he said it would be more like 3-4 weeks. Money in hand July 7 and it is October 8 today and the job is still not complete. The owner gave me his “word” that it would completed today. He is not to be trusted. They never had the materials or supplies they needed, they float multiple jobs at one time which they cannot handle. They leave tools and trash at the site, not bothering to clean up before they leave. Rough cuts and they cut corners. This is a real trash company through and through: I beg you not to bother with them. It's not really an organized company at all because they have no supervision. Matheny will take your money, but that' sabout all you will get from him beside lies and excuses. He sends the same three "workers" to do all the work but he is not involved at all. Communication is garbage and the owner will ghost you completely or resort to immature chiding behavior all while NOT completely work. He is extremely defensive and will not take anyone questioning his tactics, which are completely unacceptable under any standards. He stalls and lies instead of being upfront with his customers. He keeps them on the leash for months at a time with no goals or end date objectives. You never know how long they will be gone from a site or when they will show up to work. It's quite troubling and extremely problematic. I had to file formal complaint with BBB, but no response was made by the company. The website is not accurate either - they do not work Friday, Saturdays, nor do they work most weekdays in our case. They work whenever they have spare time and are often buried in excuses or so far behind they ghost you completely. Owner is unapologetic, belittling, unethical, and dishonest. He takes no responsibility for his lack of action and shoddy work ethic constantly making excuses that are not the customer's problem. He allows his ego and pride to take over when attempting to communicate with customers. He especially gets upset and starts name calling and tantrums when you voice any concerns. Avoid this company at all costs - it's not worth the headache, frustration, or the money read lessKensie P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Silver Creek
- Cave Spring
- Sugar Valley
- Cedar Bluff
general contractors in Rome
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-Z Companies Inc3415 Church Rd
VILLA RICA, Georgia
- A1 Transformations155 ALMON RD
- A1RoofmanPO Box 66
- Aarons handyman service anytime anywhere
- ABA Construction841 Old Bush Mill Rd
- AGMYN'S General Maintenance102 ruby dr
- Arlis Home Services247 Hollyanne Pond Ln
Hayesville, North Carolina
- ASB Business LLCPO Box 1937
- Atlas Roofing Georgia63 W Elm St
- A-Z Companies Inc
- B C ContructionP.O. Box 20129
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
- B&B Construction & Painting LLC610 Lovvorn Rd
- Big Red Construction Inc3915 Green Industrial Way
- Bowens Home Repair186 Tanners Beach Rd
- Budget Painting & Remodeling130 belmont trail
- B C Contruction
- Campbell Construction705 Ridge Ave South
- Carpediem Renovation3748 Montrose Circle
- Carpentry by Danny1253 Madola Rd.
- Carpentry Solutions2894 Old Summerville Rd
- Carr Construction Company225 W Ranchette Rd
- Casebier Construction-The Whole House Doctor3840 US Highway 17 S
- Cauthen Construction472 Floyd Springs Rd NE
- Chris Walden Construction519 Childree Rd
- Cisco's Home Works75 Longview Drive
- Crafts and Woodworks Unlimited1023D Lake Oconee Pkwy
- Custom Marine Construction1082 Midway Street
- Campbell Construction
- Green Thumbs Transportation
- Green Thumbs Transportation
- H&H Construction Group222 Alabama Blvd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hawk Construction and Home Improvement LLC1781 Panola Rd
- Haygood Home Repair and Improvement, Inc.185 Edwards Road
- HC Construction & Grading2291 HWY 76 West
- Heath Creek Woodworks3 Central Plaza 265
- Horizon Roofing1104 W Spring Street
- Hotworks Automotive47 Natures Dr
Saint Marys, Georgia
- H&H Construction Group
- Integrity Remodeling & Repair LLCPO bx 13
- Integrity Remodeling & Repair LLC
- J&k Remodeling230 charmin circle se
- j.m.harrison services537 b.beecher road
- JACO Contracting Inc,1094B Access Rd
- JAMES E. BRADSHAW1165 E Oglethorpe Hwy
- JC Construction
Silver Creek, Georgia
- jimmy's do it all1480 vienna hwy
- JL Construction121 hunters way
- JLC Floorcoverings16 Commons Ct
- Johnny Can Services12 Redbud Rd
- jollyremodeling647 Dale Trl
- J&k Remodeling
- M & B Painting and Construction110 bold springs ave
- Mastercraft Paint & Design119 sharp street
- Maxsus Inc Roofing & Restoration1233 Buford HWY
- McVey Painting And Remodeling2184 WEST POINT ROAD LOT 11
- MJ Painting LLC220 Floyd Road
- Mountain Man Remodeling185 Mountain Laurel Ridge
- M & B Painting and Construction
- North Georgia Roofing and Repairs3719 Miller Ferry Rd SW
- North Georgia Roofing and Repairs
- Oconee porch,deck and patio284 hamilton rd.
- Oconee porch,deck and patio
- P&K Remodel and Custom Builds2 Lakeland driv
- Paradise Homes Remodeling and Repair83 Paradise dr
- PDOA, a.k.a. Babin Enterprises221 Presley Ave
- Performance InsulatoinPO Box 118
- Pierce Handyman Services70 Clay Creek Trail
- Power Home Remodeling1740 Corporate Drive Suite 800
- Precise Engineering LLC308 Rolling Hills Rd
- Premier Home Renovation Solutions543 Crabapple Dr
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Premier Restorations L.L.C.508 Jackson Chapel Rd SW
Cave Spring, Georgia
- Pro Home System, LLC269 Plemons Rd
- P&K Remodel and Custom Builds
- Quality Installations floor covering specialist559 Wells rd.
- Quality Installations floor covering specialist
- Residential Facelift267 Cobblestone Cv
- Rickey's Minor Home Repair4283 N Marble Top Rd
- Right Way ConstructionPo Box 16702 ;
- RJL Construction39 Hanna Dr, Apt D
Talking Rock, Georgia
- Robillard Remodeling1347 Old Cedartown Hwy SE
- Rodger's Remodeling & Construction LLC491 Waterford Dr
- Romanoff Renovations3100 Jonquill Dr SE
- Residential Facelift
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Sheriff's Home ImprovementsPO Box 271
- Skiver Contracting6625 Mockingbird Rd
- Southeast Bee Removal477 Coastline Rd.
- Southern Contracting8849 Highway 5 Suite C
- Southern Resurfacing & Renovations92 Midway Court
- Sprucely Services4714 Rockmart Rd Se
Silver Creek, Georgia
- STEVE LOEFFLER205 OOSTANAULA DR
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space