If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Anchorage, AK
There are 3 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Anchorage
- Spartan ContractingThe remodel went perfectly. Levi and his crew handled all of the details, from start to finish, which left me with nothing to worry about. In addition, Levi communicated almost daily with me about the progress of the job and was always available if/when I had questions. I have already recommended Spartan Contracting to friends and family read less
- Spartan ContractingRenovation went excellently. in addition to executing work, Spartan provided design recommendations. Spartan were available for questions, responded in a timely manner, and worked within our guidelines. The work was done well. The project costs and timelines were explained clearly and appropriate documentation was provided read less
- Re-Bath of AnchorageAbsolutely, beautiful. We're getting ready to put our home up for sale and needed work in one our bathrooms. We are pleased with the fast and professional service. We had re-bath remove our old tub and any potential all molded drywall. They did exactly what we asked...new tub and surround only, there was no up-sale or push from the contact to try to do more and/or spend more money. 1.5 days later....we ware very happy with the results! Clean, fast, professional and beautiful! We would use them again. Thanks for the good, positive experience read less
- Re-Bath of AnchoragePaid half up-front so materials could be purchased. Materials came in sooner than originally expected and Rebath was able to work around our schedule to start the job a month early. Their workers were punctual, courteous and had no problem working in the cramped space of a down-stairs 1952 designed bathroom, the only full bath in the house. The price was firm, despite the fact that the existing cast-iron tub had to be broken apart to be removed and the existing drain assembly was firmly cemented into the concrete floor. Before any work progressed, tarps were put down to assure nothing would be tracked onto carpets and flooring in other parts of the house. Rebath and their sub-contractor arranged for necessary inspections which didn't require participation of home-owner. The job was not derailed by the fact that the shipping company had damaged the acrylic bathtub beyond repair. Rebath discovered the problem on site prior to installation, and had a new tub delivered from their showroom within an hour. I was impressed that Rebath was able to complete the job, despite the obstacles noted, within the time originally estimated. It's Rebath's policy that you pay half upfront, one-quarter when the project is started and the remaining one-quarter upon completion of the job. This policy was disclosed in advance and I had no problem with paying for a flawless installation backed by a solid warranty read less
- Perfection Home RepairsChad made a bid, got the work done on time and under the estimate amount. He was in contact with us frequently and let us make choices when they needed to be made. He was very good about explaining the pros and cons (and costs!) of different materials and ways of doing things. When he left, both places were neat and clean and ready to go. We have had Chad come and do many smaller repairs since and have been happy with his work each time read less
- Re-Bath of AnchorageIt went well. The owner himself came out to talk to us, and he had some good ideas that e had not considered. He was very knowledgeable and patient with us.
- Superior RefinishingOur 70 year old cast iron tub had previously been refinished (by another refinisher) many years ago and was peeling on the bottom; this was a particularly difficult job. Superior Refinishing spent the time that was needed to do it correctly and at a reasonable price.
- Tub TechAt first I though we would use one of the epoxy paint products offered at the home improvement stores, but after looking at the instructions, the vapor danger, and the life of the product we decided to go with a pro even though it is expensive. The longer service life is worth expensive in our opinion. We cleaned the bathroom thoroughly as per instructions to eliminate any air borne debris from getting on the finished work. Tub Tech arrived on time and explained what was to be done and the limitations of refinishing fiberglass pans of our variety. He prepared the room and brought in his preparation tools and air handling equipment. He advised us that once he began spraying the finish there may be strong odors. His equipment removed the odor from the house and supplied his air mask. Upon completion of the job he advised us that the shower could be used after 24 hours, but if we could wait 48 hours the cure would be better. As it worked out we waited more than 48 hours. There was some odor remaining so the bath exhaust fan was left on for almost a day to clear the room. After completing the job Tub Tech cleaned up so that only evidence he was there was a bright finished shower pan read less
- Superior RefinishingI'm delighted with the results of Michael's work! This 46 year old bath tub looks brand new!! Michael uses a good ventilation system as he works, so only mild fumes linger after he's finished. I highly recommend this service.
- Finesse FiberglassMr. Horner did an amazing job. There is no way to even tell any work was done on the tub. If I could figure out how to attach a picture to this report, I would. He took a couple of days to carefully clean and prep the area, repair it and then paint it to exactly match the tub. There were spiderweb sized cracks running for several inches in various directions. There is now no sign of cracks ever being there. Before he started the process he warned us that the process was going to be very smelly. But he kept the door closed and the fan running in there the whole time he was working and thereby minimized any ordors that came into the rest of the house. He was very thoughtful and considerate in this regard. I have to say that his work reflects true craftsmanship read less
Bathtub Refinishers in Anchorage
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read lessRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew read lessTyrone G.
- Business Description:Spartan Contracting is an Alaskan owned firm with over 100 years of combined experience in residential and commercial construction. We are a fully licensed, bonded, insured and residentially endorsed general contractor able to meet all your remodeling and new construction needs. We are also Municipality of Anchorage certified excavators and septic installers, providing exceptional value to our clients. From small remodels to full ground up construction, we have the experience and expertise to.. read lessRecent Review:The work was excellent, a bit pricey but worth it.Kari C.
- Business Description:Perfection Home Repair is a family-owned company in Wasilla, AK. Dedicated towards delivering high-quality results to all of your commercial and residential jobs. We work with you to make your house your Home.Recent Review:The deck foundation is great. The stairs to the deck are great. The decking boards are spaced so close together that they didn't drain. It's taken fall, winter, and summer for the boards to shrink enough to drain water. The bench seats are about 4" too high, as even a 6-foot man's toes barely touch the deck. The seats are not deep enough, as they cut you off at the knees when sitting and dangling your feet because of the height. The support boards are not faced for ease of snow shoveling. The bench backs are too high and not angled back enough for comfort. The 2x6 bench beams have split where they are screwed to the floor. Chad Staats said he would fix the seats last October (2018), and I waited on this review until he fixed the problem. It's now 8 months later (August 2019), Chad still is "too busy" to fit me in, and in fact doesn't even answer my emails, so I have to find a contractor that really knows what they are doing to fix this problem, at a considerable cost to me. Apparently, this was his first deck with benches. No, I would not hire Perfection Home Repairs, Chad Staats, again, unless he had evidence of previous experience in what I was hiring him for read lessTeresa Z.
- Business Description:GP Construction is a locally owned and operated general contracting company. We have one goal when accepting a job, customer satisfaction.Recent Review:We moved into a home that had gone under a bathroom renovation just prior to the sale. After living in the home for around year we started noticing the drywall and baseboards next to the tub/shower starting to erode. The drywall was crumbling, the baseboards (made with MDF) started to swell, mold started showing up and the floor tile started showing signs of water damage. We contacted the contractor and the first person that inspected it said it was due to water leaking into the back of the tub surround and it would probably need to be replaced, as the damage would continue to get worse. He said he would talk to his boss and see what he was willing to do although he stated he would likely fix the issue as he wants to make his customers happy. We were offered the option of ordering a new tub surround, paid for out of our own pocket and we could pay them to reinstall it. We did not agree with this so the owner himself, Garrett came out to inspect the damage. He stated that the only reason we had these water damage issues was because our bathroom did not have a ventilation fan. It does have a window and the house is over 40 years old and has never had one. He stated all damage was due to this reason. We did not agree and hired a licensed plumber to assess the situation as we knew water had to be leaking into the wall from somewhere. It turns out the shower faucet and diverter were installed completely wrong, according to the manufacturers clear instructions. They were not set back in the wall as they were intended and stuck out 1 1/2 inches too far and the diverter did not sit flush with the shower surround. There was a significant gap on one side, large enough to put a screw driver tool into the gap. This was disguised with caulking. Not only should there not have been a reason to have caulking there, they also used incorrect caulking and it did not hold up, so water was slowly seeping in the crack and causing damage every time someone took a shower. Extremely disappointing to buy a home with a new renovated bathroom and have it deteriorate in just over a year. Obviously they did not use a licensed plumber to install the plumbing fixtures and have not offered to repair and replace all the damaged areas on their dime. If you hire this company, please be very aware of who is actually doing the work in your home, and don't expect them to come back and fix any errors they may make read lessHolly S.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Three days and no communication. We spoke on the phone, I was told I would be receiving an email with scheduling information. Never did. I got this big spiel about how important the right contractor was and how you don't want someone to scam you, he (Lee?) talked my ear off for quite a while. Unfortunately, my messages are being ignored and there has been no communication. I took time out of my day because he let me know he would 'probably' drop by the home I am interested in for a bid but didn't do that either. Messaged asking him to let me know if he was no longer interested, still no answer. So - if something changes, I would be more than happy to change my review. As it is now, I am not a fan of the lip service read lessVivien S.
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditions read lessRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of it read lessL. B.
- Business Description:Re-Bath of Anchorage is your local bathroom remodeling specialist. Our professional installation process makes remodeling your bathroom easy, convenient and affordable. Our factory-trained installers deliver professional and courteous service every step of the way. A beautiful, new bathroom doesn’t have to mean weeks of workers, debris and expense. Over 30 years ago, Re-Bath reinvented bathroom remodeling with a quick and convenient solution. Since then, we’ve renovated millions of bathrooms .. read lessRecent Review:Paid half up-front so materials could be purchased. Materials came in sooner than originally expected and Rebath was able to work around our schedule to start the job a month early. Their workers were punctual, courteous and had no problem working in the cramped space of a down-stairs 1952 designed bathroom, the only full bath in the house. The price was firm, despite the fact that the existing cast-iron tub had to be broken apart to be removed and the existing drain assembly was firmly cemented into the concrete floor. Before any work progressed, tarps were put down to assure nothing would be tracked onto carpets and flooring in other parts of the house. Rebath and their sub-contractor arranged for necessary inspections which didn't require participation of home-owner. The job was not derailed by the fact that the shipping company had damaged the acrylic bathtub beyond repair. Rebath discovered the problem on site prior to installation, and had a new tub delivered from their showroom within an hour. I was impressed that Rebath was able to complete the job, despite the obstacles noted, within the time originally estimated. It's Rebath's policy that you pay half upfront, one-quarter when the project is started and the remaining one-quarter upon completion of the job. This policy was disclosed in advance and I had no problem with paying for a flawless installation backed by a solid warranty. <br / read lessPenny Ann T.
- Business Description:We employ a vast array of talented individuals. If we don't have someone on our team able to do what you need we work with several sub-contractors.
- Business Description:We have wonderful employees who work safely and effectively for our custersRecent Review:unknownKurt R.
- Business Description:Tub Tech offers bathtub refinishing, bathtub reglazing, bathtub restoring, bathtub resurfacing, bathroom supply store in Anchorage, AK.Recent Review:Showed up on time, explained process, completed work on time.Kenneth W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
bathtub refinishers in Anchorage
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- American Tubs
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLCPO Box 671462
Eagle River, Alaska
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLC
- Finesse FiberglassP.O. Box 89
- Finesse Fiberglass
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- Perfection Home Repairs2750 Whispering Woods Dr
- Perfection Home Repairs
- Re-Bath of Anchorage6623 Brayton Drive
- Re-Bath of Anchorage
- Spartan Contracting205 E Dimond Blvd
- Spartan Contracting