Your chimney sweep may not wear a top hat and dance on the ceiling, but they will keep your home safe by providing chimney inspections and cleanings. Follow these steps to learn how to hire a qualified and trusted chimney sweep in your town.
Get matched with top chimney sweeps in Big Lake, AK
There are 2 highly-rated local chimney sweeps.
Recent Chimney Sweep Reviews in Big Lake
- Chimney DoctorThey fit us in right away and charged about the same as the building contractor, who had done other work for us, clean the chimney and replace the cap. As a result we had no draft at all. It was the wrong cap. Chimney Doctor sent us a certified professional. The new cap is correct for this stove. We also had them inspect the flue- I wasn't sure the other guy had done anything
- Chimney DoctorIt was great to have peace of mind and for an affordable price. I will use them again when it needs to be done.
- Chimney DoctorThe gentleman that came to our house was polite, professional, and engaging. I appreciated his patience with any questions that we had.
- Chimney DoctorHad a small chimney fire. (enough to be scary) Called several companies only to find the earliest appointment was several weeks out. That was the only negative in the whole process. Two men showed up on time and immediately proceeded to access the problem. All that was needed was a good cleaning which they did in quick, clean and efficient manner. Great outfit. Will definitely use them again & recommend them to others
- Chimney DoctorMy call to the Chimney Doctor was answered in a timely manner and an appointment made for chimney and dryer vent cleaning. I was given the name of the representative that would be performing the services. About fifteen minutes prior to the appointed time, I received a call from Guy that he was in route and would be on time. He was professional in his demeanor and appearance. Any questions I had were answered. The area of the living room where the chimney cleaning equipment would be located was covered. Guy performed his services, left the living room spotless. I was presented a bill that did not charge for the chimney inspection and an Angie's list twenty dollar coupon was accepted bringing the bill to sixty five dollars. I was happy to pay the charges and was prepared to pay for the chimney inspection. What service! Very professional! I will be calling them again and will tout their services to my friends
- Hale ConstructionMr hale performed the service, very clean, fast , friendly & reasonably priced, would very much use his services again
- Chimney DoctorThe receptionist who took my information was very polite and knowledgeable of what I was needing and scheduled us in. The guys showed up on schedule and cleaned the fireplace chimney and box and left the wife with a detailed condition and service report. My wife was only home and she said they were polite, proffesional and best of all did a clean job of cleaning our fireplace. She was all worried that soot would get all over
- Chimney DoctorHe found both to have minimal use. he did a brief cleaning, then said I did not need any more services from him. I appreciated his professionalism, punctuality, and he was honest. He did not try to sell me something I did not need. Yes..I will use him again
- Chimney DoctorHe was on time, friendly, did a great job and answered all my questions. I felt like he knew what he was doing and he even clean up the area and was considerate of our funishings.
- Chimney DoctorMarlon showed up on time with a great attitude! Did a great job of cleaning the chimney, made sure I saw the amount of soot/creosote he had removed and cleaned up afterward (really nothing to clean up, you can tell he's done this a few times). Would easily recommend and use again...
Chimney Sweeps in Big Lake
- Business Description:We offer both commercial and residential services. We are licensed, bonded, insured, and all employees are uniformed and must pass a criminal background check.Recent Review:Wayne, the owner of this company based out of Eagle River, AK drove to Kenai to clean our ducts and dryer vent. He showed up exactly when he said he was going to, set up, explained to me what he was doing through out the house at every step of the process, and did an excellent job. It is a relief knowing that the ductwork in the house is now clean and we aren't breathing in dust. He cleaned our the accumulated lint in the dryer vent ductwork so we know we have reduced the risk of a dryer vent fire. It was awesome to work with someone so respectful of our home. He even made some suggestions about things we could do to have our furnace and systems operate more efficiently. Wayne is trying to break into the Kenai/Soldotna area market (there is currently no one locally that provides this service), so if you are interested in these services, give him a call. I am sure you will be pleased with the resultTami S.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:28 years of experience and service. We are a locally owned and operated full service chimney sweep. 5-6 employees. No sub-contractors. Payment is at the time of service. Fees based on work performed.Recent Review:I have written hundreds of reviews and 95% of them are totally positive, encouraging and uplifting. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this company. Two years ago we had 2 Beautiful Gas fireplace installations done by the Chimney Doctor. It was spendy but we’ve enjoyed the ambience and beauty that these installations have provided to our home and felt it was worth it. Furthermore, I have told many of my friends about this company and they also had good customer service and results, at least up until September 2020. Until that time, I believe the chimney doctor was under different ownership. Beginning in September 2020, my fireplace upstairs stopped working. It was determined that we needed an igniter. I begin calling immediately to have this issue fixed and scheduled. After over 20 phone calls over the course of several months, I finally received a call from the new owner who profusely apologized for his lack of follow through and promised that he would personally be to my home the next day to fix it. That was over a month ago. I have finally found someone else who can do the repairs and the necessary part should be here soon (my new contractor communicated this information via text as soon as he ordered it). I write this review because I truly want people to avoid the aggravation and frustration associated with a business that does not treat their customers in a respectful and considerate manner. If you would like the name of my new contractor, feel free to Google message me. I do not recommend the chimney doctor to anyone any longerTeresa H.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Alaska Fire & Flue LLC.Recent Review:All the Folks at Alaska Fire & Flue (address listed/phone - 907.357.3583) are the BEST guys in the business dealing with anything when selecting, proper placement and complete installation of wood burning stoves. (Forest - Owner / Brett - Installer / Ben - Installer) I selected this company after personally visiting the show rooms, getting estimates from and asking tons of questions of all the other guys in the Anchorage / Wasilla area. These guys offer complete and all inclusive work. There are no separate charges for delivery, or installation or any accessories that you may want. Alaska Fire & Flue put it all together in one price so there is no hidden extra fees. They offer Veterans Discounts and they will work with you on all aspects of the project from start to finish and have some nice finance plans too. They LISTEN to your ideas, thoughts and questions. If they don't know the answer they will find it and ensure you have the answers. They are VERY, VERY responsive and they installed our project in one day. We had a great Heritage, Soap Stone stove (see Photo) and help me select the right size for our project. I can not say enough of how happy my wife Lynn and I are for all of the work, help, patience, flexibility and just plain down to earth people these guys are. They know what they are doing, work with you, answer all your questions, ensure you know how to work what they install and they will respond quickly with any phone calls or questions you may have. Our experience with Alaska Fire & Flue is one that we thoroughly enjoyed and are very proud to write this review. We could not have asked for anyone better. This whole project started on a Saturday (planning, selecting, financing, logistics and install) and was installed on the very next Wednesday. What a crew and how easily they made everything seem from start to finish. Thank You Foster and all the folks at Alaska Fire & Flue!!!!Douglas L.
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated by Curtis & Anita Leader.Recent Review:We were very impressed with this business; the owner's wife answered my call and courteously and professionally arranged a relatively large job/cleaning within a week. The owner himself with his associate came out and performed the job, graciously adding on a full HVAC cleaning to the prescheduled air duct and dryer vent cleaning which extended his day quite a bit. He did a lot of education and they did a courtesy seal up as our air duct air intake had been drawing in air from a crawl space that had not been properly sealed. I don't think the air ducts had ever been cleaned in our recently purchased home (built in 1998) so everything was in significant need of cleaning, and we are so pleased we did this - the air was noticeably fresher, the ducts are no longer delivering fine dust (we were told quite a bit of remodel dust was still in the ducts from a 2012 remodel), and everything should be running more efficiently. Highly recommend investing in this particularly for any new home ownersChristina D.
- Business Description:Hale Construction is a licensed, bonded, and insured remodeling company. Our mission is to do our work suited to your needs. We specialize but are not limited to: Remodeling of any type, handyman repairs, and chimney cleaningRecent Review:Contractor arrived on time and preformed work in a professional manner.Duane H.
- Business Description:I am a franchise business that is growing fast. Our mission is to always do more than what is paid for. We enjoy the trades and the motto we live by is " We think we know it all so just call"Recent Review:HE was professional, friendly, polite and just fabulous! I had called a plumber friend of a friend and they were going to charge me $150 from leaving their shop to returning, just for an estimate and repairs, I could not buy my own parts and there was a one hour minimum. I said no thank you. I called Butch, he was helpful and perfect. I am going to use him for everything!!!!!!!!! My husband is not a handy man at all and I can feel overwhelmed by my 40yr old log home~ I finally feel like I can start getting stuff fixed! He was honest and quick and cleaned up too! And he was sweet to my daughter! His add says "They think they know everything?so call them?" Im a believer! A good handy man can save your life, or at least make it so much easier! <br /Amy R.
- Business Description:Handyman service
- Business Description:Serving Mat-Su Valley, Eagle River and Anchorage areas since 2008
- Business Description:State wide Coal sells Bulk or Bags and Hauling . Coal / wood Stoves, Furnaces, Heaters, Fire Bricks, Gold mining supply's, Assaying Work
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney sweep articles
Counting down the days until fireplace season? As a responsible fireplace owner, hiring a chimney sweep is your first step to a safe and cozy home. Check out the yearly prices for chimney cleanings, inspections, and common repairs.
Don't fall victim to chimney sweep scams or chimney cleaning scams. Unreliable companies tend to solicit new homeowners and elderly homeowners most often.
chimney sweeps in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLCPO Box 671462
Eagle River, Alaska
- Bighorn Remodeling & Repair LLC
- Chimney Doctor1401 W 43rd Ave D
- Chimney Doctor
- Matthew Horwich LLC14 Bristol Lane
Rocky River, Ohio
- Matthew Horwich LLC
- Valley Chimney SweepsPO BOX 70
- Valley Chimney Sweeps