Founder Angie Hicks responds to a homeowner who paid a down payment for a fence installation, but the contractor never showed up to complete the job.
Get matched with top fence contractors in San Jose, CA
There are 5 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in San Jose
- AMM FencingThe entire team from office staff to fence builders to gate welders were all amazing! They were responsive to questions and needs and the job turned out beautiful. People are constantly stopping and commenting on our fence and our gates. GREAT JOB!!!
- PITTSBURGH PET FENCE, LLCI highly recommend this business! They were responsive (even though we had to change the date of the installation three times), welcoming and professional. Tahe individual who installed the fence was the owner of the company and he was wonderful. Good explanations of everything and the fence was installed perfectly. Our pup enjoys having time in the yard - and we don't have to worry about where she is. Thank you
- Hire My Husband LLCFANTASTIC! (In every respect!). This project began with a leaking upstairs bathtub drain which damaged the 1st floor ceiling. My 1974 vintage home had spray-on "popcorn" acoustic ceilings thru-out. Rather than just patch the water damaged ceiling I decided to have all of the popcorn ceilings scraped, refinished and repainted. This in turn presented the opportunity to install recessed, can lighting. (My house had almost no overhead lights.) And it had been years since the house was painted. Everything had been removed and covered for the ceiling work, so this was an optimum opportunity. Dawson gave me a very competitive price for this work in April. But Covid s/d most such work. I was out of town for 2-weeks in Oct. and we scheduled the work while I was gone. Perfect timing! Dawson took "ownership" of this job from the start: first offering a number of very pragmatic suggestions based on her experience. She recommended an electrical contractor, Front Line, and did all the coordination work to seamlessly integrate their work at the front-end of the project. She sent me updates on the work. And when I returned, the project was complete and the house looked "brand new". (Actually, better than new!) I simply could not recommend Hire My Husband highly enough. Professional, quality work at a very competitive price. Their work was done on time and as scheduled. Dawson is a very effective project manage, just simply working the myriad of details as though the project was being done on her own home. Project Price, Quality and Schedule just don't often all come together. This one did and Dawson made it all happen
- Hire My Husband LLCQuickly, quality work, cleaned up everything before he left...Mike was very pleasant and professional
- Hire My Husband LLCWasn’t able to hire but will in near future. Apologize for not communicating well. I like “hire my husband”- knowing wife is a partner.
- Nothin22it Handyman Service Patrick Joseph MaloneyPatrick did an excellent job patching a very large hole in a bedroom ceiling. It looks great. This will be the long term solution we were looking for.
- Nothin22it Handyman Service Patrick Joseph MaloneyPatrick is a great resource, not afraid to take on any job, has all kinds of skills. Very strong and can do the work of two people. Terrific at organizing. Replaced a ton of siding on my house and did a remarkable job. Sometimes I have him repeat what I want just to make sure he understands. But if you saw my Pst To Do list you’d be amazed at his versatility
- Nothin22it Handyman Service Patrick Joseph MaloneyPatrick was great. He did a magnificent job installing my custom closet and then a few weeks later he came back and hung cabinets in my bathrooms. He was neat, professional, and trustworthy. I’ll definitely have more work for him in the future and would highly recommend him.
- FenceProThey gave us a very good quote. We would have liked to use them. However, as we stay in a rental property, our landlord has decided not to get the fence installed. They gave us a quote of about $2000. However, they missed certain things while doing the estimate and gave us a higher quote. So, we had to get back to them with it and they had to redo the estimate
- BD Home ImprovementsBruce promptly returned my call and scheduled time to meet us the next day. He showed up on time and brought a book of past projects and testimony letters. Bruce was very easy to work with and the quality of his work exceeded our expectations. Everything was constructed to last forever and to hold up to elements and weather. He came when he said he would, even early often times. He made it so easy to get projects that would have taken us forever to do and we would have never been able to have such great quality! We highly recommend him and will definitely use him in the future
Last update on September 6, 2022
Dog Fence Installers in San Jose
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
Looking for a unique chicken coop design that meets your chickens’ needs? Browse these inspiring coop ideas to give your chickens the humble abode they deserve.
Frustrated by the neighborhood dogs continually sniffing around your garden? Check out these ideas for humane and handy dog repellents for lawns.
Find dog fence installers in
- Santa Clara,
- Los Gatos,
- Monte Sereno,
- Mountain View,
- Los Altos Hills,
- Los Altos,
- East Palo Alto,
- Palo Alto,
- Boulder Creek,
- Portola Valley,
- La Honda,
- Ben Lomond,
- Menlo Park,
Fence Companies in San Jose, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Kenwood Fence Co Inc2380 Bluebell Dr
Santa Rosa, California 95403
- Kenwood Fence Co Inc
- Landscape Solutions15530 Benedict Lane
Los Gatos, California 95032
- Landscape Solutions
- Pacific Trend Builders395 Glenwood Dr
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- Pacific Trend Builders
- Silverstone Landscaping47 Martines Rd
Salinas, California 93907
- Silverstone Landscaping
Dog fence installers that service San Jose
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.