Cuevas Lumber & Fence

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2005

558 Kings Cross Way

San Jose, CA 95136

We are here to meet all your building needs, whether you need fencing, decking, arbors, trellises, walls, gates or other outdoor construction. We have over 30 years of combined experience and will work with you on all phases of design and construction. To beautify your home, contact us now. Our experienced team can get started right away. We will design and build your dream....

Resposiveness

fence company (180)driveway gate installation (39)decks & porches (23)hardscaping (5)woodworking (5)awnings (4)lawn & landscaping (3)deck cleaning (2)mudjacking (1)door installation (1)iron work (1)pressure washing (1)

03/04/2021

Spoke with them and scheduled a time for them to come out to measure and provide a quote. They never showed up, nor did they contact us to reschedule. If this is how responsive they are when courting new clients I don't want to know what it's like later.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Good neighbor fence and picket fence replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/09/2021

02/03/2021

The last wind storm exposed poor workmanship and Cuevas has been unresponsive to requests for warranty service for over 2-weeks now. My 3-year old gate practically blew apart on January 18th, 2021. I found that they had used a single, small gauge nail on the main frame members for both of my gates (see image). Neither of them will close properly and nails are backing out in several places. I shoul...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
166-ft of fence and 2 gates

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/19/2021

Photo for Cuevas Lumber & Fence - 558 Kings Cross Way, San Jose, CA - 39173626

11/15/2020

Cuevas Lumber replaced a shared fence on our property almost 9 years ago. Since the job was arranged by the neighbor, I wasn't there to look at details. I thought our gate was installed a bit tight, but it worked, so I left it alone. Over they years things were shifting and this year it got to the point that the gate was almost jammed. It took a bit of effort to find the contact info to the contra...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair of a side gate

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/11/2020

04/19/2020

The company rep came out as agreed and provided an estimate which was very good service. However due to neighbor considerations I have not been able to follow through. the price, the information and input that the rep provided was all good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
property line fence

CATEGORY awnings,driveway gates

COST $12,001,500

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2020

09/19/2019

No contact If you want the job, call me to set up a time to look at it; then get me a quote. . I'm at 375 Poplar in Half Moon Bay. Tom Clifford. 650-726-3157

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace a fence

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2019

08/24/2019

Things went fairly well. The is one unexplained black smudge left of one of the panels. There was some confusion of payment by one of the other neighbors. Otherwise the work was OK.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fence replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/24/2019

07/12/2019

Never happened. Repaired by neighbor

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair section of fence

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2019

01/20/2019

These guys are the absolute best! Not only are they incredibly nice, but the thoughtful way in which they approach the job to ensure they are providing the best outcome and service is a hard thing to find these days. They are efficient and their work is beautiful. We could not be happier with our new fence and would recommend them to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wood fence installation and repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2019

01/05/2019

Workers arrived on time and completed main fence including removal of old materials on first day. Returned next morning to complete both gates. Two worker did great job and cleaned up area. My neighbor and I are very happy with new fence.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Approximately 100 ft of good neighbor fence and two gates.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2018

12/12/2018

Great work. Fast. All in one day. Very happy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace 61 feet of fence that had fallen down from high winds.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2018

Construction, consultation & design of arbors, patio covers, gazebos, trellis, fencing, walls, gates, sanding, removal & replacement of rotted material, stain and seal refinish, additions & changes, deck and fence restoration & repair.