How do you pick the best leather furniture? Genuine leather and faux leather options offer different perks for price, durability, and comfort. Here's a guide to choosing good leather when decorating your home.
Compare quotes from top leather repair shops
Get matched with top leather repair shops in San Francisco, CA
There are 4 highly-rated local leather repair shops.
Recent Leather Repair Reviews in San Francisco
- JUST LEATHERI was very happy with how my leather jacket looked after it was fixed. You could not tell at all. They also cleaned it for me for free. I thought that was very nice. The price is going to be different with every item that you bring into the shop, but I thought the price I paid was very cheap. I think these people know exactly what they are doing
- FINISH LINE INTERIORSThe work was beautiful and the 'owner' was a very nice guy. My problem was that he didn't give me a call regarding status - when the material was in so I could drop off the car and when the work was completed. In addition, I think it was pricey but we wanted the problem fixed
- Midtown Shoe RepairI thought my leather coat was ruined! A name tag had marked it badly and other leather shops had told me nothing could be done. $25 and one week later I have my favorite coat back. I found this repair shop through Angie's List and will go to them again.
- Large LeatherI recommend them highly. It is run by a couple and they make everything themselves. They are open seven days a week 10 AM to 6 PM. The things that I bought 15 years ago look like products I bought last year. Their products are really good. They work with you. They even suggested that I borrow a purse for party. They recommended that I take it, try it, buy if not bring it back. They are good hearted people and they make good honest product. It is just fun to shop there. Price wise I find some of their stuff is a little high which is probably not fair because it is handmade
- Fibrenew Alameda CountyHarry was awesome! He answered his phone so I got a schedule right away. He explained everything clearly and did a fantastic job!
- TRI VALLEY COBBLERTRI-VALLEY COBBLER DID A WONDERFUL JOB ON ALL THE ITEMS. THE STAFF AT THE COBBLER WAS VERY HELPFUL AND THEY HAD ALL MY ITEMS REPAIRED IN THE TIME THEY SAID THEY WOULD. VERY SATISFIED WITH THE WORK PERFORMED.
- MANUEL'S CUSTOM TAILORINGMy father's coat was in good shape except for the knitted cuffs and waistband, which looked as if a dog had chewed them (that may be in fact what had happened). Aside from being a nice coat, it also is loaded with sentimental value. I brought the coat in and explained what I wanted done. Manuel said it should take a couple weeks, as long as he could get the matching cuff and waistband material. This was late May, and I told him I was in no hurry, since the coat is too warm to wear except in winter, so take his time. This may have been the source of my only disappointment with the process. I showed up 2 1/2 weeks later, but the coat wasn't done. I then called the following week, and the coat wasn't done. He said he had received material that didn't match, and had sent it back and should have the correct material in a couple days, and that I should call back and check with him in a day or two. My mistake was in not doing exactly what he said. I would call every couple/3 weeks, and would hear the exact same thing. This went on for about 5 months. I finally ended up getting the coat back the end of December (just in time for some really cold weather). Finally in mid-December, I told him I needed it before the end of the year, and if it wasn't done, I would have to take it anyway. I then proceeded to call him every other day, reminding him he only had 12 days, 10 days, 8 days, etc. to have it finished. He did have it done when I finally showed up. And it is BEAUTIFUL!! He did an outstanding job and I am thrilled at how it looks. The cuffs and waistband match exactly, and the stitching and workmanship is simply perfect. You would never know anything had been done to the coat, it looks absolutely original. And he charged me exactly $65, as he had quoted, which seems extremely reasonable. So if you need something done in a hurry, I would not necessarily recommend him (though he might be much quicker with less problematic jobs, I just don't know). But if you have something special, and are not in too much of a hurry (though I suspect I could have had the coat back much sooner if I had followed up with him like I did at the end), I would highly recommend him
- UNIVERSAL VINYL LEATHER PLSTCLeifur is a true artist. The repairs are almost invisible. Someone who doesn't know exactly where to look would never spot the repairs.
- FURNITURE TECH SERVICESMy experience with them was good. Since my leather couch was scratched, they repaired it so that the scratches were gone. Everything was fine about them and I will use them again in the future.
- Midtown Shoe RepairHe took an old leather purse, stained with a large black ink spot and a few smaller purple ones and made them all disappear. A zipper pull was replaced. The purse looks new. All the stains were removed, the leather was conditioned and it looks better than I ever imagined. He did a terrific job. He also dealt with me outside, since I have MCS & asthma & could have a reaction to any chemicals in the shop. I recommend this shop highly, service could not have been better
Leather Repair Specialist in San Francisco
- Business Description:We are located in California and do not offer regular dry-cleaning services. Premier is the nation's finest suede and leather garment cleaner. WE PREFER THAT YOU CALL US DIRECTLY WITH ANY REQUESTS OR QUESTIONS AT (949) 244-0943, OR E-MAIL US AT: email@example.com. IF YOU EMAIL US, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER. Highly recommended by the finest retail stores in the U.S., including Nordstrom, Armani, Tom Ford, Gene Hiller, etc. Thousands of clients from all over the country who demand..Recent Review:Repair a hole in leather jacket sleeveVicki M.
- Business Description:The Home Doctors specialize in all aspects of home repair and remodelingRecent Review:They do wonderful work. They can do everything, from the big stuff to the smaller stuff as well. They have done so much for me that I would never go to another service provider. They are a one stop shop, and are willing to work with you.Pam J.
- Business Description:Established in 1991. Furniture And Repairs INC has been servicing clients in California since 2016, our company may be very young but our experience in furniture business is huge. Founders of our company have been in the business for over 25 years. Our main goal is to always maintain a professional yet friendly relationship with our clients. Your satisfaction is our drive. Our technicians will do everything possible to meet your needs and provide you the best service possible. We thank you fo..Recent Review:The S-springs under our sofa suddenly came loose so the seat had collapsed. Since the sofa is so old, we didn't know if it would be worth repairing, though we love the sofa. We called several places that said the repair might take up to two weeks, which meant we had nowhere to sit to watch tv for that long. We also got vague estimate ranges, many of which were more than we wanted to pay. Furniture repair sent Mike who was able to repair our sofa right in our house within a few days of our call, the sofa is great now, and he charged $240. We're very happyMartha E.
- Business Description:We have a 10 year experience in Handyman work, serving all around the bay area. We will always put in all our effort to give our costumers 100% satisfaction. We like to build good relationships with our customers. We do free estimates with no obligation to proceed.Recent Review:Everything was fixed/replaced as needed. Great service.Arleen M.
- Business Description:Your professional, affordable & reliable handyman neighbour. We have at least 20 years of construction, demolition, home repairs, appliance installation, home improvements and remodelling experiences. Services we offer: 1. Call handyman service with flexible schedule, pay by the hour. ($120 for the 1st hr, $80/hr onwards) 2. Monthly service plan, twice a month service visit, 50min each service visit. Inclusive of home repairs and no emergency call out fees. 3. Free traditional estimate, rem..
- Business Description:Just a fun guy that provides handyman services in the Bay Area. I have been in the trades for over 12 years now and I have the skills and experience and training to tackle any projects you need help with.
- Business Description:Through the years, Global Sun Controll has striven to bring customers all over the world excellent product and service. Our journey took us to become one of the largest international suppliers and distributors of auto, residential and commercial window films
- Business Description:we have 12 years of experience on general remodeling,construction andhandyman servicesRecent Review:He mentally manipulated me to get the job. He came to me and told me he fears God and he is going to take good care of the project as God is always watching over him. I was almost ready to give the work to another contractor. Once he got the work, he made me believe that he is working very efficiently and he had some past bad experience with payment in another project and he needs 40% payment up front. Once I paid, he slowed down significantly and eventually he deceived me with his religious manipulation and took all the money from me. Then he stopped showing up completely. I had to beg and I eventually told him that we will settle in the court and then he showed up for few days, only to do terrible quality jobs. I got scared looking at the kind of work he was doing. Eventually he stopped coming again and this time I didn't beg him to show up as I was scared that I already lost money but with his poor work quality, I might lose my house as well. Here are some terrible works: <br /> <br /> a. He installed the water heater wrong, and that voided my water heater warranty. I have the correspondence with Rheem that I can use to prove that his installation voided the warranty. <br /> <br /> b. His careless nailing broke my existing tiles in the bathroom and the tile fell in the bathroom to damage a brand new bathtub. <br /> <br /> c. He deceived me into believing that my previous contractor installed a shower without waterproofing and I trusted him as a Godly person so I let him redo the shower. Later on I found out that the waterproofing was done correctly by the previous contractor. I have the previous shower pictures that proves that the waterproofing was done correctly and I showed those pictures to him but he lied to me that the shower was not waterproof. <br /> <br /> d. He made unauthorized charges multiple times at Home Depot. He didn't submit the receipts and he was telling me he is gonna do that later. I caught him as Home Depot sent me electronic receipts with items that are not relevant to my projects, including foods, drinks, and expensive tools. <br /> <br /> e. He stopped responding to another of my colleague from whom he took some materials. <br /> <br /> f. Most of the plumbing that he touched started leaking as soon as I turned on faucets or other appliances. This includes the water heater(careless installation voided the warranty too as I mentioned earlier),toilet, bathroom sink, kitchen sink, dishwasher. <br /> <br /> e. Shower fixtures were all wrong as the water pressure was so low that I couldn't take a shower. I had to hire a plumber after he left to fix all his plumbing mess. <br /> <br /> f. All the drywall finishing is terrible. Multiple electric outlets have holes around the faceplate as he didn't cover those. <br /> <br /> g. Flooring installation is terrible too. Several places make creaking noise when I walk over. <br /> <br /> h. He damaged the brand new flooring in multiple places as he didn't cover it properly. <br /> <br /> i. He cut the laundry room door too close to the wall and now I cannot open the door properly. <br /> <br /> j. He left no transitioning molding space between laundry room tiles and hallway laminate. I cannot even install that myself. <br /> <br /> k. He painted the exterior of the house wrong as he messed up my trim color. <br /> <br /> l. My brand new kitchen cabinets have scratches and unfinished edges because he cut wood pieces to cover additional scratches that he put beforehand. I even found that some door hinges were not installed and I had to screw those. <br /> <br /> m. His shower tile installation was crooked and I had to pay him to demolish those and then pay for the materials twice to install the floor tiles again. This was one of the many mistakes and I had to pay twice to correct that. <br /> <br /> n. He constantly yelled at me by claiming false things. He went to Home Depot to pickup online orders and he claimed that he lost a whole day as Home Depot could not find the materials. Later on when I went to Home Depot and asked them why they couldn't find the materials, one guy told me that they found the materials but my contractor refused to take as he told them he doesn't have space in his truck. Similarly, he claimed he lost half a day at Lowe's. I went to Lowes and asked them why they couldn't give him my materials and the lady said that she herself went to back to pull the order and it took her 10 minutes but she couldn't find my contractor once she came back. His yelling got so bad that my blood pressure would go up everytime he went to pickup any order. <br /> <br /> Those are just the few mess up that I can recall of the top of my head.There are numerous more. I haven't even included things that were part ofthe contract that I didn't beg/force him to do as I became worried that he is costing more in my materials than my loss of money because of paying him in full. E.g., I don't even have toilet paper holder yet and my garage has big big holes in the wall everywhere, I don't have a kitchen fan over my stove etc. My most significant problem with him is his mental manipulation using God.I can swallow losing money but I cannot swallow getting cheated because of believing that a God fearing person would do an honest jobMohammad R.
- Business Description:ALL FORMS OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED
See all 4 highly rated companies in San FranciscoJoin Angi now
Find leather repair shops in
leather repair shops in San Francisco
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning208 Norris Canyon Pl Apt A
San Ramon, California
- Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning
- Jeda Generations Auto Upholstery220 Barnard Ave Ste B
San Jose, California
- Jeda Generations Auto Upholstery
- Newell Auto Group3925 Alhambra ave
- Newell Auto Group
- Zooni Leathers6081 Meridian Ave Suite 70, Unit 217
San Jose, California
- Zooni Leathers