This guide explores the various factors that affect the cost of installing an interior door, including size, material, and type. Learn more about the cost of installing doors inside your home.
Get matched with top carpenters in Portland, OR
There are 182 highly-rated local carpenters.
Recent Woodworking Reviews in Portland
- Creative Tile and Remodel LLCGreat! Their team was amazing to work with. We got a pretty large project done amazingly fast in a tough construction environment. We love the final result of the kitchen.
- Hamish Murray Construction IncWe had an amazing experience with Hamish Murray Construction from start to finish. We closed in a patio space to create a home gym and a storage area and it looks absolutely amazing. Everyone we worked with was professional and work was done quickly. The point person checked in with us on a regular basis letting us know each step of the process. They were quick to answer any questions we had an even worked with us to make the project fit our budget. They are a fabulous company to work with and we would (and have) recommend them to anyone
- Joseph Ketner ConstructionJoe and his crew were professional, prompt, courteous and patient throughout the whole process. Communication was excellent. Petra the designer was very helpful in choosing a palette. They were attentive to all the details and wanted to ensure I was satisfied. Joe went the extra mile and coordinated with the contractor that did the seismic work that I had completed at the same time. There are likely lower priced siding contractors out there but the quality, integrity and ease with which it was to work with Joe and his crew was definitely worth it and the work was done right the first time! I absolutely would hire him again. Ann
- JAW Construction IncJohn and Brian of JAW Construction did a complete interior refresh of our mid 1970’s split entry ranch house. They removed two walls to open up the main living area, added two new windows to allow more natural light in and installed new lighting throughout. All the flooring was replaced with hard wood upstairs and LTV downstairs. They replaced every door along with all the trim in the house. They installed a completely new custom kitchen, remodeled both bathrooms, laundry room and added a wet bar area as well as resurfacing two fireplaces. In short they touched every surface inside our house. John, Brain and all of their subs were easy to work with, professional and helpful throughout the 3 month construction project. They were able to work around the inherent flaws of an older house and were accommodating went we changed our minds and asked for changes. They really did work to fulfill our vision for the house. We are very happy with the fit, finish and overall quality of their work and would highly recommend JAW Construction
- Castillo ConstructionAlexander built our family a beautiful new front porch/deck with some new stairs to match . His detail and skill really shows and we are very pleased to have hired him for this project. We will be hiring him again soon for other projects!
- V O Expert ConstructionThey did a beautiful job without any problem Works good and looks good They were awesome to work with
- The Wood Butler, LLCVery well. My GC was going to install 5 pocket doors, but could not install the pulls because they had no flange. This means that the cuts in the doors had to be very precise. If the cuts were too small, the pull would not fit; if too large, you'd see an unsightly gap between the pull and the door. Eric did a superb job making the cuts and glueing in the pulls as recommended by the manufacturer. Since I had a tight schedule and he was very busy, he did this work on a Sunday. I was very impressed by his workmanlike attitude, his skill and his work ethic. He and his wife Elizabeth were both quite pleasant to talk with. If you need any kind of woodworking done, Eric should be on your short list
- J & S Home Maintenance LLCJay was able to fix a cabinet door hinge that we thought was unfixable. We'd tried to fix it ourselves but couldn't find a matching hinge, even looking for one at cabinetparts.com. It took him a few hours and a trip to the hinge wholesaler to get a replacement for the hinges which are no longer made, but the door is perfect now. I'm pretty sure there are very few people with this type of expertise in Portland, so if you've got a tricky issue, his many years of experience will definitely serve to your advantage. Highly recommend
- Deck Masters, LLCDeckMasters exceeded my expectations. Their estimates were accurate, their employees are skilled and great to work with, and the project manager and owner were very communicative and responsive. They cleaned up daily and the finished product is OUTSTANDING. I would hire them again without hesitation
- Mt. Tabor ConstructionFantastic! Rob has extensive expertise and was able to help us out with a wide range of projects. He's efficient and cares about finding the best solution for the homeowner, rather than up-selling. He was a joy to work with.
Woodworkers in Portland
- Business Description:We specialize in modern and creative architectural interiors for your home or business! Unique design, quality craftsmanship, and a great client experience is what we strive to achieve with every project we do. Custom made entertainment centers, feature walls, bathrooms, kitchens, shelving units, custom furnishings, anything you need or can dream is within our capability, Were great at working together with our clients on a design solution that fits both their needs as well as there personali..Recent Review:The work we’ve had done by Design Fab has been first rate. We moved into a very dated house and we’ve been slowly remodeling to modernize but also retain the late modernist sensibility. Since finding Design Fab, we’ve become repeat clients. Design Fab are great communicators; making us feel comfortable to ask questions and offering wonderful solutions for unforeseen design issues. I appreciate their skill as well as their aesthetic sense. Every single person who has visited our home has noticed their work and offered compliments. I highly recommend themSergio C.
- Business Description:Finish carpenters provide finishing touches after the primary building of a structure is done. This includes installing baseboards, molding (crown), stairs, doors, windows trim, hardwood floors, custom and expert tiling. Im able to do much of it myself or with an employee and sub contract when needed. I also provide supervisory services as a licensed and bonded Residential General Contractor. We always provide fair bids and can usually out bid competition with a 10% discountRecent Review:AWESOME. I have been in the commercial construction management industry for 40+ years. I have a lot of experience with trades and subcontractors all over the west coast - from restaurants, hotels, casinos and the electronic semiconductor market sectors. I can count on 2 hands the companies I would give a 5-Star rating to. Matt with A Better Carpenter is one of them. The quality of his finish carpentry is better than good. His communication is world-class. His personality is warm, his character is top notch, and his pricing is at par with the quality he delivers. I'm sure he knows who wrote this and I did give him permission to use me as a reference. I asked Matt to feel free to give out my name mobile number, and email address. Just say you read this review from the "Tigard exterior column customer". I am not exaggerating - he is that good. He also has a friend who performed the painting who also was really good. I LUCKED OUT. Matt is a better carpenter. most definitely Yes, I hired a finish carpenter for exterior woodwork and boy did it pay off. Too bad you can't post photographs. When I have the funds - I plan on using Matt to install new kitchen cabinetry and counter tops. Matt rocks, periodBlake D.
- Business Description:Quality and commitment from our family to yours… Hardline has been remodeling homes in Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington, for 26 years in home, kitchen, and bath design, construction, and remodeling. Hardline is a local family friendly business. Complimentary estimates. Veteran owned and operated business. At Hardline an experienced designer and construction contractor can work with you to transform any space into one that will best fit your needsRecent Review:Hardline Construction did an excellent job building our new addition from beginning to end. From the start, Adam (the owner) asked more questions during the quoting process than any other contractor, wanted to look at every nook and corner to make sure nothing was missed and answered every question we had during the entire project. He kept us up to date on when work would start, had already pre-positioned supplies on-site so work could begin as soon as permits were issued, and did the work in a timely manner while respecting our privacy and keeping us informed of progress. We are very pleased with him and his crew's work and would recommend them for any construction project, and already have. Also, he and his crew love dogsSara R.
- Business Description:We are industry experts who perform our work with integrity, quality and service. We complete projects within budget and within the timeline stated. We primarily work on existing homes doing additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and whole-house remodels. We will supply your dream remodel with our confident team. While promoting green practices and supplying green products to our clients, we are certified in aging in place and are a lead-based paint certified company. Call us for top-notch and quali..Recent Review:Tim and his crew did an amazing job, he said 8 weeks for the remodel. I did not believe him, but he was on time to the day! This happened with the Coronavirus happening part way through. His contractors were very respectful and worked safely! I actually kind of miss them😁. We have already called Tim for a few other projectsShellie J.
- Business Description:Our primary focus is residential roofing and Siding, providing an experienced staff to handle and coordinate almost any re-roofing or new construction project. We have extensive experience in installing, Every job is inspected to meet the highest standards in the industry. HPR Roofing and siding llc reputation as a roofing/siding leader has been built and depends upon superior work and satisfied customers. Our mission is to provide our customers with quality service at competitive prices and ..Recent Review:Juan and his team did a great job. I really enjoyed his team a nice group of guys. I have already passed on HPR contact information to Co-worked. Communication is key for me, Juan delivered it. He kept us current on project start time, daily plan and completion time. We hired them to complete 2 roofing projects for us house and garage. Juan added 2 smaller out-buildings, so we have a matching home site. I apricated his attention to detail and looking at the entire home site and what was neededJim And Donna S.
- Business Description:At A Fresh Coat Painting we provide professional and personal service for all your painting needs from painting the walls in a single room to taking care of all the coatings in a large remodel or custom construction project. We offer a wide variety of interior painting, exterior painting, protective coatings, staining, architectural coatings, faux finishing, and Venetian and Italian plasters. Whichever finishes you choose, the basic principals apply — we respect your time, provide you update..Recent Review:We can't say enough good things about A Fresh Coat Painting! They have done multiple interior and exterior jobs at our home, both large and small. They have impeccable attention to detail; every corner and seam, every surface is left even and smooth with no defects or cracks. The staff are prompt and professional and leave your home as clean as they found it. We will never hire another painting companyPaula G.
- Recent Review:Mike showed up on time. Quickly repaired some flooring so a new furnace could be installed. He repaired drywall, After the emergency repairs, he came back and repaired the extensive damage to interior including refinishing wood floors. He also noticed a couple of other repairs that needed to be done. He went above and beyond by helping move some furniture, which he ceertainly didn't need to doJim P.
- Business Description:The Pull-Out Shelf Company® is one of the largest custom pull-out shelf distributors in the U.S. with authorized dealers in many states across this great country of ours. They have been making shelves since 1993 as a family owned business. Corporate website: www.PullOutShelf.com We are proud to be your local dealer for the Portland/Vancouver area. We have lived in the northwest in the Portland/Camas area all our lives. The northwest has been very good to us. Our mission is to improve the qual..Recent Review:Great. Brad is a great, ethical guy and has a high quality product at a fair price. We moved into a new (to us) house that had great esthetics but was lacking in practical storage. Just adding pull out drawers in the kitchen cabinets, an unused closet in the laundry and a couple of other cabinets made all the difference in the world. Brad is great to work with, really pays attention to detail and has an excellent, quality product. The pull out drawers are lovely, with dovetailing and little bumpers to keep them from scratching or bumping into other cabinets. Highly recommended. It was even done a month ahead of schedule!Carolyn A.
- Business Description:We provide detailed contracts and take pride in our communication with our customers. All sub contractors are licensed, bonded, & insured. Sub Contractors have worked with MCR on average of 10 years. We are proud to be associated with our sub contractors & supply houses and feel fortunate to have such a great team. We continue earn the Angies list Super Service Award each year, which shows that we have great customer service and a quality product. Our customer service starts from our first ap..Recent Review:This is the third time we've hired Dan with Metropolitan Construction. Simply put: we trust him. He does what he says he's going to do, and he does it well. Dan excels at building relationships and surrounding himself with really good tradespeople and designers. He's not the most expensive or the least expensive, but he's incredibly honest and fair. And last but certainly not least, he's an excellent communicator and very responsive. Seriously. Whenever there were issues to be solved or unexpected delays (because with a remodeling project it's bound to happen), I never had to wonder about what was going on or when work would resume. Dan was always on top of it, and now we have a beautiful new kitchenSusan S.
- Business Description:ProBuilt NW, LLC operates as a general contractor specializing in probate estates, projects of Air BnB customers, and purchasing distressed homes.Recent Review:Installed kitchen hood and vented through the roof. Excellent work. I would definitely hire him again.Mary Lee T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful woodworker articles
What is MDF? Here’s everything you need to know about the inexpensive engineered wood.
The staircase is the centerpiece of your home, and it’s important it looks the part. If you wish to upgrade the spindles and railing to fit your modern home, here are a few ideas and go-to tips to refresh your stair style.
Find carpenters in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
carpenters in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan Poulton 8915 SW Commercial St
- 10th Castle LLC2382 SW Cedar ST
- 1st Choice Property Solutions LLC19756 SE King Me Two Lane
Eagle Creek, Oregon
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- 360 Carpentry LLC10400 NE 73rd St
- 360 HOME CARE. LLC7316 SE 17th Ave
- 4R HOUSE LLCPO BOX 481
- 8 Inch Nails Construction Inc7823 SW Cedarcrest St
- In-Home Furniture Repair and Refinishing by Ryan Poulton
- A & J HOME RENOVATION19699 SW WRIGHT ST
- A Better Carpenter LLC12935 SW Butner Rd
- A Cut Above Exteriors18151 SW Boones Ferry Rd
- A D Handyman Solution LLC9900 SE Lawnfield Rd 102
- A FRESH COAT PAINTING3340 SW 178TH AVE
- A Guy I Know Inc2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. #345
- A Honey Do List HandymanPO Box 16581
- A New Image Exteriors9575 SW 90th Ave
- A Sturgeon Painting Inc2805 SE 43rd St
- A W INTERIORSPO Box 3436
- A&E Construction LLCPO Box 2984
- A1 Construction IncPO Box 17667
- A1 Paint Removal Painting and Restoration2505 Portland Rd Suite 200
- A1 Restoration Inc.19215 SE 34th St Ste. 106-204
- A1 Retrofit LLC1811 ne 84th way
- A2Z Building and Maintenance, IncP.O. Box 1500
- AA Carpentry LLC3101B SW 1st Ave
- Abarca Construction27426 SW Copper Creek Loop
- Above Board Handyman Services312 N Garfield Street
- ABSOLUTE PAINTING & POWER WASHING3631 NE John Olsen Ave
- ACCURATE RENOVATIONS6221 NW Kiacut RD
- Ace Brothers Painting6582 SW 192nd Ave
- Ace Handyman Services7350 SW Landmark Ln
- Action Carpentry13665 McKee School Rd NE
- AD Construction Solutions, LLC.PO Box 1295
- ADAM GRENDON HOME RESTORATION1314 WEBSTER ST
- Advanced Construction & Repair LLC14758 SW 79th Ave
- Advanced WoodcraftPO Box 388 / 25650 SE Talons Road
Eagle Creek, Oregon
- Advantage Services Construction Inc.5525 NW Skyline Blvd.
- Adventures In Wood, Ltd.9511 NW 14th Ave
- AFC Inc16312 SE Stephens Street
- Affordable Contractor Services, LLC.12004 NE Fourth Plain Rd Suite D #542
- Affordable Home RemodelingPO Box 1305
- AFFORDABLE KITCHENS3710 NE 178th Ct
- Affordable Restoration & RemodelPO Box 821974
- Affordable Roofing & Gutter15548 SW Willamette St.
- Affordable Wildlife Response12745 SW Beaverdam Rd
- AgelessRefinishing1769 jacie way
- AJM Contracting5926 N Missouri Ave
- AK Interiors llcPO Box 3400
- Al Semrani's Custom Interiors LLC3208 SE 27th Street
- ALEX FREDDI CONSTRUCTION LLC9753 SW Appaloosa Pl
- Alf Solutions9530 SW 6th Ave
- Alko Plus Construction15548 SE Henderson Way
- ALL AMERICAN CONSTRUCTION & HANDYMAN WORKS1020 NE 9TH AVE
Battle Ground, Washington
- All American Deck & FencingPO Box 1412
Brush Prairie, Washington
- All American Exterior LLC7374 SW Aloma Way
- ALL ANGLES LLC631 34th Street
- All Building Construction LLC.P.O. Box 304
- ALL IN ONE5201 SE 52nd Ave.
- ALL PHASE REMODELING INC61225 Barger Rd
Saint Helens, Oregon
- All Seasons Remodeling llC4380 SE Whiteson Rd.
- All Service Construction & MaintenancePO Box 90666
- ALL SERVICE PAINTINGPO BOX 90666
- All Services Construction535 E Main St
- All Value ConstructionPO Box 1048
- All Weather Construction & Roofing Inc301 Long Ave
- All Wood RestorationPO Box 66
- All-Pro Landscape11605 SE Orient Dr
- All-Ways on the Level Residential Remodeling3826 SE 60th Ave.
- ALTERED STUDS REMODELING2780 YORK ST
West Linn, Oregon
- AMA Construction Group2272 SE Brookwood Ave
- American Classic Decking29030 SW Town Center Loop E Suite 202 #443
- Amerson Homes, LLCPO Box 622
- Amundson Construction IncPO Box 126
- Anderson Custom Cabinets21905 SW Riggs Rd
- Anderson Woodworks6007 NE 100th Ave
- ANTHONY ADAMS CONTRACTING LLC2146 SE 178TH PL
- Anthony White3830 SW Bridlemile Ln
- Apex C&RG, LLC3645 SE Mall St, Apt 60
- AQF INCPO BOX 1776
- Architectural Woods3800 SE Columbia Way
- Area LLC6126 sw hood Ave
- Art Cortez Construction15783 NW Dairy Creek Rd
North Plains, Oregon
- Artisan Construction and FabricationPMB 117 2870 NE Hogan Dr Ste E
- Artisan Exterior Construction1129 Dahlia St
- Artisan Results Corp13504 Ne 84th Ave Ste 103-280
- Artistic D-Zine Construction Inc. 19379 Meyers Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- ARTS & CRAFTSMEN4207 SE Woodstock Blvd
- Ask A ContractorPO Box 143
- Aslan Wallcoverings6921 SW Tierra Del Mar
- At Your Door RV Service10002 North Oswego Avenue
- Atlantis Property Services1001 Murlark Ave NW
- Atterbury Brothers Construction14060 Canyon Ridge Cir
Oregon City, Oregon
- Austin Kowalski Handyman Services8570 SW CHEROKEE ST.
- Aylwin Construction 3144 SE Tualatin Valley Hwy
- A & J HOME RENOVATION
- B K Marek Construction IncPO Box 7157
- B&B Painting Experts LLC11620 SW Camden Ln
- B&C Industries36510 NW Long Rd
- B&Js Handyman Services Portland8520 SE Woodstock Blvd
- Bailey Contracting LLC333 S State St Ste V #277
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Bald Peak custom carpentry36333 SW Bald Peak rd
- B K Marek Construction Inc