Protect your family and home by learning how to prevent earthquake damage before one hits. Even some simple steps can help give you peace of mind. The measures you take for an earthquake could also protect your home during other natural disasters.
Get matched with top earthquake retrofitting contractors in Portland, OR
There are 8 highly-rated local earthquake retrofitting contractors.
Matching on Angi
Share some details about your home project.
Within moments, match with highly-rated local Pros.
Compare quotes and choose the best Pro for the job.
Recent Earthquake Retrofitting Reviews in Portland
- NW SeismicNW Seismic made a very easy process for estimating and installation. Their drywall and plaster work was particularly well done. They also made some excellent recommendations regarding natural gas shut-offs and securing our water tank. Very professional from beginning to end. Would hire again anytime
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsExcellent to work with! They arrived on schedule and completed the work on schedule and on budget, even though they had to adjust their work to compensate for the lack of room in the crawl space. They are not cheap, but they did the job very well.
- NW SeismicExcellent. Can't recommend NW Seismic enough! They were timely, clean, and kept me in the loop of what they were doing. The permitting process was seamless and they provided a set of pictures for my records. Great company from top to bottom.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsCrew arrived on time. Very professional; explained what they were doing. Had to revise the project due to crawl space issues, which required them to cut notches out of the bottom lap of our siding to install their plates. They sent a carpenter the next day to glue the notches back in place.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsFrom the "system design specialist" who evaluated the problem through the completion of the work, everything went very smoothly. As is often the case with older houses (1923) there were surprises, but the experienced Terra Firma crew was able to adapt and complete the system on time and on budget.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsTerraFirma did a fantastic job, working hard all 5 days on the job. One of their carpentry specialists was needed to complete most of the job, and he certainly went above and beyond, in my opinion. He and his teammate really cared about securing our home. The one hangup I had was the communication about what some of the next steps were. The original crew that came did a full day's job, but realized the situation was was more complex than first thought, so they weren't sure when the project would pick up again. Luckily it was only a few days before the carpenter came out to continue
- NW SeismicI like working with people who are frank. "This is going to be really loud." And it was! But now we feel more comfortable that we had a top-notch company retrofit the house. They were very professional and when they left, the basement was cleaner than when they came.
- SUN DOG CONSTRUCTIONVery well! The team at my home was responsive, professional and they listened to us when we had concerns.
- Evolution Home ImprovementReally well. Jim takes time up front to be sure he knows my needs. Scheduled work and kept to the schedule. Professional and cleanen up the site each day. We needed to change up a work approach when the original plan would not be effective. Jim adapted and the change actually saved some money.
- NW SeismicNeedless to say, this was a huge job (6+ weeks). Given how much can go wrong with something at this scale, it went remarkably well. We were able to use our house 100% the entire time. They worked from precise engineering drawings and specs using a top notch engineering firm, and also adapted to the inevitable unexpected. There were some minor change orders that upped the price a little, but all reasonable. They built the footers, rebar, blocking, and other reinforcement to a very high standard - well beyond what would otherwise pass as a foundation build. A few minor negatives, but nothing that would stop me from hiring them. Communication prior to the job start was not good. As for the quote, don't expect detailed line items and descriptions about what is and isn't included. But they are honest and straightforward, so in a sense, this can work just fine if you're comfortable without documentation and can roll with some on-the-fly decisions. Big jobs on old homes inevitably require this. Also, I don't know that I would have them do extensive finish work, especially if you need much of your basement interior restored after the work. The restoration of some electrical (ceiling lights, circuits) and basement sink was kind of sloppy. My sink is still out of level. But as for replacing a foundation and reinforcement, they really know what they are doing. The other items are minor
Last update on January 22, 2022
Earthquake Retrofitting Services in Portland
We are a family-owned business whose mission is to create a more seismically prepared Portland. In designing and implementing a retrofit plan tailored specifically to our client's homes, we hope to shorten the recovery time for Portland after the next Cascadia subduction earthquake. Our work is calculated to strengthen homes to a degree in which homeowners can shelter in place after a moderate-to-high seismic event
"Excellent. Can't recommend NW Seismic enough! They were timely, clean, and kept me in the loop of what they were doing. The permitting process was seamless and they provided a set of pictures for my records. Great company from top to bottom."
Let us keep your home safe, dry and level. Trusted and referred by thousands of NW homeowners, TerraFirma Foundation Systems are the experts in Foundation repair, Basement and Crawlspace waterproofing, Concrete Leveling and Seismic Retrofitting. Our service area covers Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, Portland, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Salem, Eugene, Roseburg, Medford, and Ashland, as well as their surrounding areas. For a permanent fix, call TerraFirma today
"I had a crawlspace where I wanted a slab poured. Terra Firma was professional, clear and helpful. The got the job done as bid. I would hire them again."
We are a full service foundation and basement waterproofing company that performs a wide variety of repairs. We repair foundations, and lots of basements, fixing cracks, deterioration, resurfacing, and waterproofing. We do general masonry, including brick repair. We help with drainage problems, install French drains, as well as crawlspace drainage options to get water out from under homes. We repair chimneys, including tuck-pointing (new mortar), flashing, caps, dampers, and water sealing. .W..
"Great! Let’s face it, the chimney care and repair industry is replete with vagabonds and crooks. Mike gave us a good bid based on a reasonable approach to the job (ladders not a full expensive scaffolding setup). His crew showed up right on time and completed the job quickly all as promised."
Residential remodel/repair and handyman service. Seismic retrofits. Work both by quote or hourly. 5 years self employed 100% referral, word of mouth
"It is so hard to find a good handyman these days that I was conflicted on giving a good review, but, in the end, the better angels of my nature won out. Jim sets the standard for service. Jim carried out the work he said he would perform within the budget he estimated, and when he said it would be done and the repairs are of good quality. In addition, he did a great job coordinating with the tenants, the cost was reasonable and I appreciated his recommending deferring some of the work until after the rainy season. He is pretty busy, not surprisingly, so he could not schedule some of the work until 6 weeks out. However, I appreciate that he has a realistic grasp of the demands on his time and, consequently, he does not overcommit. This permits him to keep to the schedule he gives you and it makes him reliable. Jim makes it look so easy which makes me wonder why on earth it is so hard for others to provide similar service. We will be using him again in the future.
Clear Span basement Beams, Earthquake retrofitting, Residential and commercial remodeling. MANY references available, Just ask!
"Robert did excellent work. He was a joy to work with, on time and creative in his solutions given the issues that our 100 year old house throws at every project. <br />"
Not a franchise, Family owned and operated since 1987. CCB# 94222, Serving the entire NW. FREE Estimates/ Inspections. Western Construction Systems LLC. is a locally owned, family owned and operated specialty construction company serving the entire north-west. WCS LLC. Prides its self in high quality work which is micro-managed by highly trained crews to ensure the highest level of confidant work. WCS LLC. Has also worked internationally in South America and currently has crews in Haiti..
"Western Construction Systems came out and did exceptional work at my house! They went above and beyond my expectations! They were friendly, professional, and hard-working! They took care of all the issues that I had concerns with and then some! Their prices were fair, especially for the high quality of work that they did! I know I pestered them with questions, but they were patient every single time. Before I contacted them to have the work done, I had high anxiety about the drainage issues. When they were finished, I felt confident that there were no more issues. Peace of mind is priceless!
We are a seasoned remodeling company joyfully serving Portland since 2004. We have 8-10 full time employees. We have all been working together for years. We only bring people that we know or who come highly recommended to the job site. We use a small group of very reliable licensed subs for plumbing, electrical and HVAC work. We stand behind our work and the work of all of our subs. We do all aspects of Residential Remodeling; Basement, Garage, and Attic Conversions, Additional Dwelling Units..
"Autumn is a very good designer and easily came up with a plan for our porch remodel. We love the finished project. "
Bacharach Construction LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured General Contractor. Major projects include new construction, remodeling, etc.
"The job turned into a full 3 days when workers discovered the floor and supporting structure had been poorly constructed and contained a lot of rot. So a proper foundation was laid and the walls reconstructed on top of that. We determined that a compacted gravel floor would be fine for my needs with the shed and would save some cost. I was consulted throughout the project. The company is very small and the owner, Ari Bacharach, does much of the construction work, while trying to schedule other jobs, oversee workers and keep track of expenses. Ari is super personable, responsive and knowledgeable. He is committed to re-using materials on hand, if possible, and is very good at problem solving.
Specializing in Egress Window and Door Installations! Closing in on 800 installs completed to date. Call for free estimate.
"Dave and his team are the best I could have asked for! They check all the boxes : prompt, responsive, clean, flexible, and they have the highest standards. Dave and his team installed an egress window and finished off a small space in our basement. Dave took the time to explain the project, gave us a detailed budget, and had great communication along the way. His team is great - they were totally unobtrusive and kept me informed of the next steps in the process along the way. I can’t recommend them highly enough! Amazing team.
M Leon Constructions specializing in foundations, basements, crawl spaces, drainage problems, structural wood rot, replacement of driveway bridges.
"After purchasing our first home, we had a reputable company come in to give us a bid for earthquake retrofitting. When looking in our crawl space, the estimator pointed out two cracks and told us we had a big problem. He said that our house had active differential movement, and the cost to save our house would be around $20K. Thankfully, our realtor, recommended we have m. Leon construction out to take a look. Pascal was courteous, thoughtful, and incredibly patient and knowledgeable. He assured me that he didn't see anything I should be worried about, and offered some simple suggestions on how to keep the cracks from worsening. The few issues that he did find, he provided a timely and honest I'd for. This company literally saved us $20,000!!!!
See all 8 highly rated companies in PortlandJoin Angi now
Find earthquake retrofitting contractors in
- Maywood Park,
- Oak Grove,
- Lake Oswego,
- King City,
- Happy Valley,
- West Linn,
- Wood Village,
- Oregon City,
earthquake retrofitting contractors in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Abacus Energy Solutions LLC12120 SW Faircrest St
Portland, Oregon 97225
- All-Ways on the Level Residential Remodeling3826 SE 60th Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97206
- Blue Lake Construction, LLC9020 SW Washington Square Road 350
Portland, Oregon 97223
- Crino Custom Homes L.L.C.4888 NW Bethany Blvd K5 #314
Portland, Oregon 97229
- Dan Price Construction & Remodeling3108 SE 138th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97236
- DAVID MCGEE CONTRACT SERVICES LLC9504 N. Clarendon Ave.
Portland, Oregon 97203
- Earthquake Tech210 SE Madison St Suite #1
Portland, Oregon 97214
- EcoTech7302 N Richmond Ave
Portland, Oregon 97203
- Evolution Home Improvement4331 NE Failing St
Portland, Oregon 97213
- F/X REPAIR & REMODELING2950 NW 29TH AVE
Portland, Oregon 97210
- FAMILY BUILDING SERVICES INCPO Box 10630
Portland, Oregon 97296
- GEORG YOUNGER FRAMING16638 E BURNSIDE ST
Portland, Oregon 97233
- Good Energy Retrofit1132 SW 57th Ave
Portland, Oregon 97221
- GreenSavers3029 SE 82nd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97266
- JLC Construction LLCP.O. Box 25361
Portland, Oregon 97298
- Masonry Waterproofing & Drainage Masters LLC8937 SE Division St
Portland, Oregon 97266
- Neil Kelly Company804 N Alberta St
Portland, Oregon 97217
- NW Seismic1230 NE 63rd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97213
- Olson & Jones Construction, Inc.PO BOX 19563
Portland, Oregon 97280
- RMJ Construction & Development Inc9619 SW 3rd Ave
Portland, Oregon 97219
- Seismic Technologies8616 N Swenson St
Portland, Oregon 97203
- WM. D. Herboth Remodeling Inc.6006 NE Rodney Ave
Portland, Oregon 97211
- Abacus Energy Solutions LLC
- American Mastercraft dba Inn His Service6503 NE 94th Ave
Vancouver, Washington 98662
- American Mastercraft dba Inn His Service
- CASCADE NORTHWEST CONSTRUCTION801 E Main St
Molalla, Oregon 97038
- CASCADE NORTHWEST CONSTRUCTION
- Foundation King of Oregon23830 NE Dayton Ave
Newberg, Oregon 97132
- Foundation King of Oregon
- GTM Construction Inc17735 Mardee Ave
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035
- GTM Construction Inc
- HOME RESOURCES UNLIMITED INC294 NW 2ND ST STE 412
Canby, Oregon 97013
- HOME RESOURCES UNLIMITED INC
- MICHAEL CORDES REMODELINGPO BOX 1602
Estacada, Oregon 97023
- MICHAEL CORDES REMODELING
- Tree Town Construction LLC14285 SW Pacific Hwy
Tigard, Oregon 97224
- Tree Town Construction LLC