Protect your family and home by learning how to prevent earthquake damage before one hits. Even some simple steps can help give you peace of mind. The measures you take for an earthquake could also protect your home during other natural disasters.
Compare quotes from top earthquake retrofitting contractors
Get matched with top earthquake retrofitting contractors in Portland, OR
There are 11 highly-rated local earthquake retrofitting contractors.
Recent Earthquake Retrofitting Reviews in Portland
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsExcellent to work with! They arrived on schedule and completed the work on schedule and on budget, even though they had to adjust their work to compensate for the lack of room in the crawl space. They are not cheap, but they did the job very well.
- NW SeismicExcellent. Can't recommend NW Seismic enough! They were timely, clean, and kept me in the loop of what they were doing. The permitting process was seamless and they provided a set of pictures for my records. Great company from top to bottom.
- NW SeismicI like working with people who are frank. "This is going to be really loud." And it was! But now we feel more comfortable that we had a top-notch company retrofit the house. They were very professional and when they left, the basement was cleaner than when they came.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsCrew arrived on time. Very professional; explained what they were doing. Had to revise the project due to crawl space issues, which required them to cut notches out of the bottom lap of our siding to install their plates. They sent a carpenter the next day to glue the notches back in place.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsFrom the "system design specialist" who evaluated the problem through the completion of the work, everything went very smoothly. As is often the case with older houses (1923) there were surprises, but the experienced Terra Firma crew was able to adapt and complete the system on time and on budget.
- TerraFirma Foundation SystemsTerraFirma did a fantastic job, working hard all 5 days on the job. One of their carpentry specialists was needed to complete most of the job, and he certainly went above and beyond, in my opinion. He and his teammate really cared about securing our home. The one hangup I had was the communication about what some of the next steps were. The original crew that came did a full day's job, but realized the situation was was more complex than first thought, so they weren't sure when the project would pick up again. Luckily it was only a few days before the carpenter came out to continue
- Earthquake TechI am tremendously pleased with the seismic retrofit of my home that Earthquake Tech provided. The crew that worked on my house was punctual, efficient, thorough and highly professional. Steve Gemmell is highly experienced in performing residential seismic retrofits and provided tremendous insights and guidance from estimate to job completion. At the end of the job, the crew at my house left my basement even cleaner than it found it. I recommend Earthquake Tech highly and am grateful for its work
- NW SeismicNeedless to say, this was a huge job (6+ weeks). Given how much can go wrong with something at this scale, it went remarkably well. We were able to use our house 100% the entire time. They worked from precise engineering drawings and specs using a top notch engineering firm, and also adapted to the inevitable unexpected. There were some minor change orders that upped the price a little, but all reasonable. They built the footers, rebar, blocking, and other reinforcement to a very high standard - well beyond what would otherwise pass as a foundation build. A few minor negatives, but nothing that would stop me from hiring them. Communication prior to the job start was not good. As for the quote, don't expect detailed line items and descriptions about what is and isn't included. But they are honest and straightforward, so in a sense, this can work just fine if you're comfortable without documentation and can roll with some on-the-fly decisions. Big jobs on old homes inevitably require this. Also, I don't know that I would have them do extensive finish work, especially if you need much of your basement interior restored after the work. The restoration of some electrical (ceiling lights, circuits) and basement sink was kind of sloppy. My sink is still out of level. But as for replacing a foundation and reinforcement, they really know what they are doing. The other items are minor
- SUN DOG CONSTRUCTIONVery well! The team at my home was responsive, professional and they listened to us when we had concerns.
- Masonry Waterproofing & Drainage Masters LLCByron was great to work with. He took care to review my property as a whole and formulated a plan to address a water intrusion without leaping to the most expensive and drastic option as others had done. A year out and the spot is holding out. He will also say if something is not in his area of expertise. He offered some feedback on additional seismic structural reinforcements that even my seismic retrofit company didn’t suggest. I had him go ahead with it and his team did a good job. When I complained about the post smelling strongly (and it not dissipating), he had his team replace the post and it’s fine now! Byron stands behind his work
Earthquake Retrofitting Services in Portland
- Business Description:We are a family-owned business whose mission is to create a more seismically prepared Portland. In designing and implementing a retrofit plan tailored specifically to our client's homes, we hope to shorten the recovery time for Portland after the next Cascadia subduction earthquake. Our work is calculated to strengthen homes to a degree in which homeowners can shelter in place after a moderate-to-high seismic eventRecent Review:Excellent. Can't recommend NW Seismic enough! They were timely, clean, and kept me in the loop of what they were doing. The permitting process was seamless and they provided a set of pictures for my records. Great company from top to bottomDavid G.
- Business Description:We are a full service foundation and basement waterproofing company that performs a wide variety of repairs. We repair foundations, and lots of basements, fixing cracks, deterioration, resurfacing, and waterproofing. We do general masonry, including brick repair. We help with drainage problems, install French drains, as well as crawlspace drainage options to get water out from under homes. We repair chimneys, including tuck-pointing (new mortar), flashing, caps, dampers, and water sealing. .W..Recent Review:The work went very well. Byron's crew are knowledgeable, efficient and polite. They worked quickly and quietly, especially when they were working in our crawl space. Byron checked back regularly to see that I was satisfied with the workJohn G.
- Business Description:Let us keep your home safe, dry and level. Trusted and referred by thousands of NW homeowners, TerraFirma Foundation Systems are the experts in Foundation repair, Basement and Crawlspace waterproofing, Concrete Leveling and Seismic Retrofitting. Our service area covers Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver, Portland, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Salem, Eugene, Roseburg, Medford, and Ashland, as well as their surrounding areas. For a permanent fix, call TerraFirma todayRecent Review:They were very clean. They did the job and they were quick. They did what they said they gonna do.Carlos C.
- Business Description:Clear Span basement Beams, Earthquake retrofitting, Residential and commercial remodeling. MANY references available, Just ask!Recent Review:They were wonderful. They told me everything they were doing. And put interest in what I'm doing in my house.Patricia A.
- Business Description:Specializing in Egress Window and Door Installations! Closing in on 800 installs completed to date. Call for free estimate.Recent Review:Project went well, I was very impressed. Money well spent. Thanks DaveGeorge S.
- Business Description:We are a licensed family owned and operated business based on faith and integrity. We take pride in our craft and enjoy using our experience to our clients advantage. We specialize In siding installation, decking, fencing, framing structures, and remodeling. We know that times can be tough, and people need to save money when they can. We offer free, thorough estimates that will give you a comprehensive proposal for your project. No matter the size or scale, we'll take the time to discuss your..Recent Review:They did exactly what I asked them to do. They stayed exactly on budget and it was a good experience.Joshua D.
- Business Description:Residential remodel/repair and handyman service. Seismic retrofits. Work both by quote or hourly. 5 years self employed 100% referral, word of mouthRecent Review:Evolution did an incredible job replacing our backyard fence after a windy winter storm wrecked the original. The service was excellent, the lead time was fast, and they completed the job in one day with a high-quality end product. Pricing was incredibly fair, would absolutely recommend and use again for any projectsPhilip W.
- Business Description:Georg Younger Framing CCB License # 72257: LBPR License # LBPR72257 RRP Certified and LBPR Licensed Framing contractor for the greater Portland, Oregon area since 1991, and I have been a carpenter since 198Recent Review:I had a section of dry rot that needed repair and every contractor in Portland seemed too busy to even return my call. I called Georg and though he was pretty bust too, he squeezed me in the next day. After a couple of days, he and his crew were done and they did an excellent job, even left the work area spotless. I scanned his card so I won't lose it. He my go to guy for future repairsCaisie B.
- Business Description:The Tree Town Construction LLC Difference From our initial consultation to the installation and your satisfaction, you won't find a company more committed to the satisfaction of you, your family, and your home. We guarantee your satisfaction every step of the way. When you have questions, our trained, professional, and well-groomed staff is always ready to help. Don't trust your project to anyone elseRecent Review:Mark is pleasant and dependable and I will definitely hire him again.Jeff T.
- Business Description:Bacharach Construction LLC is a licensed, bonded and insured General Contractor. Major projects include new construction, remodeling, etc.Recent Review:Bacharach Construction responded immediately, made sure that the necessary work was done, and provided attentive & professional service from beginning to end. Our project required a contractor who has expertise in a myriad of trades, and has the versatility to get the job done quickly and with expertise. Bacharach Construction excelled in every possible way. Thank you Bacharach ConstructionMark C.
See all 11 highly rated companies in PortlandJoin Angi now
Find earthquake retrofitting contractors in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
earthquake retrofitting contractors in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A.C.T. Builders, LLC.210 Stanford DR
- Abacus Energy Solutions LLC12120 SW Faircrest St
- All-Ways on the Level Residential Remodeling3826 SE 60th Ave.
- AMA Construction Group2272 SE Brookwood Ave
- American Mastercraft dba Inn His Service6503 NE 94th Ave
- A.C.T. Builders, LLC.
- Blue Lake Construction, LLC9020 SW Washington Square Road 350
- Blue Lake Construction, LLC
- D&R Masonry Restoration, Inc.8890 SE McLoughlin Blvd
- Dad's PDXPO BOx 14552
- Dan Price Construction & Remodeling3108 SE 138th Ave
- David E. Logue Construction3564 SW. Hillside dr
- DAVID MCGEE CONTRACT SERVICES LLC9504 N. Clarendon Ave.
- D&R Masonry Restoration, Inc.
- EARTHQUAKE PROTECTION SPECIALISTS23823 NE 199th St
Battle Ground, Washington
- Earthquake Tech210 SE Madison St Suite #1
- Eco Concrete Design1212 SE Blair Rd
- EcoTech7302 N Richmond Ave
- Eleven Engineering & Design, LLC825 NE 20th Ave. 310
- Engaging Environments LLC15626 SE Martins S
- Evolution Home Improvement4331 NE Failing St
- EARTHQUAKE PROTECTION SPECIALISTS
- GEORG YOUNGER FRAMING16638 E BURNSIDE ST
- GNC Construction3877 NE Bryant St
- Good Energy Retrofit1132 SW 57th Ave
- Greenlink Construction Group6995 SW Straughan Rd
- GreenSavers3029 SE 82nd Ave
- GTM Construction Inc17735 Mardee Ave
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- GEORG YOUNGER FRAMING
- HOME RESOURCES UNLIMITED INC294 NW 2ND ST STE 412
- HOME RESOURCES UNLIMITED INC
- InterWorks LLCPO Box 14764
- InterWorks LLC
- JLC Construction LLCP.O. Box 25361
- JLC Construction LLC
- Lanphere Construction & Development13625 SW Farmington Road
- Lanphere Construction & Development
- Seismic Technologies8616 N Swenson St
- SHORE CONSTRUCTION INC2206 SE Washington
- Snootyville Services LLCPO Box 19381
- Straight Edge Painting & Cons10330 SW Kennedy st
- SundanceOregon IncPO Box 526
- Sunlight Solar Energy, Inc. (Portland)402 S. Beavercreek Rd Suite 109
Oregon City, Oregon
- Seismic Technologies
- ZNK Homes LLCP.O. Box 1928
- ZNK Homes LLC