TerraFirma Foundation Systems

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2008

Let us keep your home safe, dry, and stable. Trusted and referred by thousands of NW homeowners, TerraFirma Foundation Systems are the experts in Foundation Repair, Basement and Crawl space waterproofing, Concrete Leveling, and Seismic Retrofitting. Our service area covers Portland, Hillsboro,

Unfinished Crawl Space 6 Steps to a Clean, Healthy and Energy-Saving Crawl SpaceFinished Crawl Space

4.2

foundation repair (164)basement waterproofing (64)mudjacking (7)earthquake retrofitting (5)concrete repair (30)well & water pump repair (28)drain pipe installation (11)insulation (10)HVAC Companies (6)water damage restoration (3)drywall (3)mold removal (2)

10/14/2022

Mike H.

This is an update to my prior review. I'm unable to remove my prior review on 8/18/2022. At first I was not very happy with the last minute cancellation of the job after I had waited almost 2 months. I'm pleased to say that they came out to take another look at the job and we discussed their concerns. We came to a solution to wait for cooler days and test a few low risk areas with a different type of foam before deciding if we should attempt areas. When the team arrived to do the job they were very professional, methodical, and did a fantastic job on the whole project. I could not be more pleased with the results. Please know that despite my earlier impression I've come to know this local team as one that is willing work through challenges and genuinely seek 100% customer satisfaction. They can add me to their list as a very happy customer that will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Pool area concrete leveling

Work Completed On 09/28/2022

Thank you so much for both of your reviews, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to get this right for you!

08/19/2022

Mike H.

TerraFirma was a complete waste of time. At first it seemed to go well. The salesperson was professional, we received the contract, signed it and provided a substantial deposit. Then there was a site visit and final confirmation. We were scheduled for work to be done 6-7 weeks later. Then just a couple of days before the highly anticipated job date I get a call that they decided it wasn't something they wanted to do after all! We waited almost 2 months while they held our deposit, only to find out they changed their mind at the last moment. DO NOT waste your time or tie up your money with this unreliable operation.

Description of Work
Concrete lifting around pool area

Work Completed On 08/19/2022

02/02/2021

Carlos C.

They were very clean. They did the job and they were quick. They did what they said they gonna do.

Description of Work
They did radon checking.

Category radon testing

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you!

Greg S.

I had a crawlspace where I wanted a slab poured. Terra Firma was professional, clear and helpful. The got the job done as bid. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Concrete Pour in Crawlspace

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your positive feedback. We appreciate you and your business!

Karen E.

They did a good job, and cleaned up. Still a messy project, but they did well and were very professional and answered all our questions.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/06/2022

Thank you for this review and rating!

Mary D.

Very professional. Great problem solvers. Amazing crew.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It was a pleasure to work with you, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with our crew.

Gary L.

Excellent to work with! They arrived on schedule and completed the work on schedule and on budget, even though they had to adjust their work to compensate for the lack of room in the crawl space. They are not cheap, but they did the job very well.

Description of Work
Earthquake Retrofitting

Category earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the A rating! We are happy to have had the chance to work with you!

Jill H.

The work took 6 months when I was told it would take 2 weeks, some of the workers were downright intimidating, and they destroyed my newly paved driveway with saw cuts (although they did credit me for it). All in all it was a horrible experience that I'd never want to go through again. There are few companies in the area that do this sort of work and I recommend having an attorney on your side reviewing any contracts if you hire them.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Stabilization

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations or our standards. We will use this information as a learning and training experience for our teams. With only your first name and last initial visible in this review, we have limited information to be able to take action. If you're willing, we'd like to discuss this further with you. If so, please email customercare@terrafirmafs.com with your contact information as we take seriously our commitment to your customer experience. Tracy

11/27/2020

Devon P.

I had contacted TerraFirma for a quote to repair a foundation crack, after seeing such positive reviews of their work on Angie's List. The rep came out to evaluate the repair then proceeded to tell me that not only was there the foundation crack, but that the main wall of my home was "just hanging", with no support underneath. That there was so much moisture / water under the house, that the roots from the maple trees along our fence line were running under my home because there was all the water they needed right there. After telling me that the back 1/3 of my home was nearly an inch below the level of the front of the house, they said that the fireplace was separating from the side of the house and needed shored up. When all was said & done, the proposal they sent to me to "keep crawlspace dry / mold-free, stabilize floors & foundation", for a grand total of over $52,000. Luckily, I had 3 other companies come out to give bids, with the highest being $2,000, which was right where I thought it would cost for one foundation crack. The home is 30 yrs old, but I had it verified that it is very sound, that there is NO problem with my fireplace / chimney and the main wall is most certainly not hanging w/o support underneath. I would most assuredly NEVER use TerraFirma's services ever and I am so very happy that I had two highly regarded companies still to choose from, that were able to provide proof that my home is as sound as I had thought it to be and to put my mind at ease.

Description of Work
Foundation crack repair

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

06/03/2020

Michael S.

Austin come out to give us an estimate. He responded quickly and was punctual. We did not accept the bid because I felt it was very high. I completed the work myself using a different technique.

Description of Work
Mud Jacking of Concrete Pathway

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate the feedback and opportunity to serve you.

04/10/2020

Gary L.

Crew arrived on time. Very professional; explained what they were doing. Had to revise the project due to crawl space issues, which required them to cut notches out of the bottom lap of our siding to install their plates. They sent a carpenter the next day to glue the notches back in place.

Description of Work
Seismic remediation

Category earthquake retrofitting

Work Completed On 04/07/2020

Thank you for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]! We will share your note with the crew. Thank you for trusting TerraFirma with your home project---If we can ever be of service again, we're here!

02/25/2020

Janet S.

It was good. They are very responsive, very good, its just that it cost $50,000 worth of work.

Description of Work
Foundation repair.

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

10/30/2019

Kamran A.

Very well it was very hard job in the wintertime

Description of Work
encapsulation of crawl space

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an incredible experience with our team.

07/25/2019

Marc E.

Chad was extremely knowledgeable and created a detailed plan based on his extensive evaluation. He took the time to answer all of my questions and I came away very confident in his assessment. All my interactions with TerraFirma were professional and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Foundation Evaluation

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a kind review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with Chad and the rest of our team! We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the crew!

04/03/2019

James P.

Two jobs completed at separate times; three days altogether for both. TerraFirma quickly completed both jobs and the basement environment is significantly improved. We immediately noticed a difference in the air quality in the basement. The crawl space looks great and is now a clean environment. The concrete patio is now even and water no longer flows towards the house foundation. Issues : Crawlspace - 1. The invoice I was presented at the completion of the job was $900 more than the agreed upon price. After an hour, and me needing to make several phone calls, the situation was resolved. 2. The dehumidifier was not placed in the designated position described by the salesperson and noted in the plans. The dehumidifier was to be placed in an open spot in our basement adjacent to our utility sink. The foreman on the day of installation said that was not standard, pointed out how it was not possible to place it in the basement and installed it in the crawl space. The foreman and I tried to contact the salesperson for clarification but we were not able to get ahold of him. The foreman said this was typical. The salesperson did call me back at the end of the day but by then decisions had been made and work completed. 3. The dehumidifier was placed in such a way that the programming screen is not visible from the crawl space opening. If the unit throws a code there is no way to tell other than entering the crawlspace. 4. The salesperson said we would be provided with “decorative screens” to cover the crawlspace openings in the basement. What we received was wire mesh glued on to the cement walls. 5. We needed to make further arrangements with an electrician to accommodate the unplanned crawlspace placement of the dehumidifier. Patio polylevel – One of the two-man service crew brought his family (friends?) onto my property and worksite without consulting me and entertained them in my backyard for about a half an hour, mid-afternoon. Besides being a serious liability issue, I have to say that it is one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen a service person do; and I’ve seen some odd stuff.

Description of Work
1. Crawlspace vaporloc dehumidification 2. concrete patio polylevel

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

Review for TerraFirma Foundation Systems - 13110 SW Wall Street, Portland, OR - 37798962

We want to help relieve your concerns and make your experience with us exceptional. Your Customer Experience Advocate, Pua Wilmes has been trying to contact you the last few weeks to schedule a time for us to go back out to your home and improve our work to your liking, free of charge. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to reach back out to us with the contact info we've provided you.

10/05/2018

Daniel M.

The sales rep was super professional, courteous, punctual, and knowledgeable. His advice was very practical. I could tell his main concern was doing what was best for our needs, not simply doing what he could to make a sale. We feel very comfortable with his recommendations and look forward to working with them in the future. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Foundation examination

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We're so happy to have your strong reccomendation! Let us know if you need anything else from us.

09/22/2018

Phillip H.

It went well. They gave us a work schedule and communicated with us if there would be any time changes or any other concerns. They were not only timely but tidy about their work. They also were available to address any of our concerns.

Description of Work
Pats Construction not terraforma performed the crawlcrawl space expansion with new piers, posts and vapor barrier installed.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

Thank you for your great reccomendation! If there's anything else you need from us, please don't hesitate to reach out!

08/28/2018

Debi B.

They got right back to me to tell me this service is not what they do and gave me contacts of three other firms that would/could help.

Description of Work
Water damage from washing machine

Category water damage restoration, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

We're sorry that we weren't able to help you with your home, but we're happy that we were able to reccomend someone to you! We wish you the best!

Alicia H.

I used TerraFirma to install a sump pump in my leaking basement. The team that worked on installation were great to work with. I was very pleased with the quality of work, the communication throughout the process, and their respect for my home.

Description of Work
Sump Pump Installation

Category basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

Thank you for your review, [Member Name Removed]! I'll be sure to let the crew that worked on your home know that you were extremely satisfied with their job.

Alicia H.

Description of Work
Sump Pump Installation

Category basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

Bill W.

I couldn't be happier if you have water issues you must use Terra! thanks guys

Description of Work
we had a water leak. we had 3 firms come and review. Terra was the ONLY firm that had a viable solution. They performed the work with professionalism and speed. 3 years later there is still no water leak. Their work was first rate and I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Work Completed On 04/21/2018