Learn about keeping rabbits out of garden patches using common methods. Find out which organic and man-made deterrents, such as fences, are most effective.
Get matched with top fence contractors in New York, NY
There are 6 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in New York
- Freedom FenceHal, and the guys were exceptional and they were very good and wonderful with my dogs. They were quick and answered all my questions, and I would recommend them to anyone.
- Fesco Fence CorpA rare and great company with old world standards of quality and commitment! As a homeowner of an older house for 10 years I’ve had a lot of experience with contractors and received three other estimates before choosing Fesco. When we made contact with Jonnie in the office, she was pleasant, friendly and thorough. Damian our Project Manager was professional, personable and very knowledgeable. He took impeccable measurements and advised us the on the most cost effective and appropriate materials, possible obstacles and options for our property. We also received a very fast and detailed price quote and once the project began, Damian visited to check its progress and stayed in touch throughout. The team consisting of Mario and Rudy arrived within the estimated time for the materials supply to be delivered and we couldn’t believe the amount of work they were able to do on a daily basis. They worked tirelessly and with great detail to to every aspect of our wooden fence installation. They were considerate to the fact that we had dogs and made sure to revolve the job around maintaining a perimeter for the animals security. They were also very talented carpenters with the wooden fence and gates having a level of craftsmanship you see in woodcraft magazines. The company mills its own materials and you can see the sense of pride in their product. It’s no wonder they have existed for so many years, we couldn’t be happier with choosing Fesco. William and Michelle C
- Samson ContractingEverything completed and cleaned up as promised. Workers did a great job! Phil was always available.
- DFenceExcellent, the crew fixed the fence quickly, the price was very reasonable and you can't even tell where they made the repair.
- Staten Island Fence & Landscaping IncEverything went smoothly, and the process was really easy. Communication was great and I would recommend them to others
- Dog Butler-LLCWe didn't even know a business like this existed, but thank goodness it does! We've been using Dog Butler for 2 months now and it has been fantastic. Our yard is cleaned once a week, and they do a great job of picking up all the waste. Bob came a day after we submitted the web request and gave us cost on the spot. Jeanne came a week later and is literally spot on 9am every Friday. Best part is, they take it away so we can finally put our cans back in the garage without it worrying about smelling. 5 stars for them, I highly recommen
- DFenceWe wanted to replace an existing wood fence with a white vinyl privacy fence with lattice top. We were mainly concerned that the work be done professionally and the material used would be the best. i remembered that a co-worker had told me he had a fence installed by D-Fence in Brewster, NY and was a 100% satisfied. I called D-fence and spoke with Jim the owner, after discussing what we wanted we made an appointment to meet on May 15, 2020. Jim arrived on time and took measurements. He answered our questions and showed us a brochure with the fence we wanted. He gave us a installation date of 4 to six weeks as this was there busy time. On July 6th Jim called and said the material would be delivered to our home Friday the 10th. and they would install the new fence on Monday July 12, 2020 at 8:20 am. On Monday the installers arrived at 8:15 am. We must say the Carlos and his team worked like a well oiled machine. They installed the new fence removed the old one and made sure that the job was done to our complete satisfaction, which it was. We would highly recommend D-Fence
- Staten Island Fence & Landscaping IncRich is a true professional. the quality of the work was top notch and it was done quickly. Thanks Rich, highly recommended
- J&L Fencing and Railing, LLCEXCELLENT! This is the second time I’ve done business with this company and I would not hesitate to do business with them again or to recommend them to anyone else. They are prompt, highly skilled, professional and courteous.
- DogWatch of Cape CodVery well....the fence was installed on time, very neat work around the property, and we had our initial training session with our dog Coco. Very satisfied.
Last update on June 17, 2021
Dog Fence Installers in New York
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
Learning how to build a dog house can save you money and give your pup a special place of their own. Here's a step-by-step guide to building a DIY dog house.
Does your normally cool-headed dog go berzerk when they spot your neighbor’s pooch through a fence? Try these 7 tips to prevent dog fence fighting.
Find dog fence installers in
Fence Companies in New York, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A & T Iron Works Inc.25 Cliff Street
New Rochelle, New York 10801
- AAA inc/Anzalone Fence Co.295 Huyler St.
South Hackensack, New Jersey 07606
- AC LANDSCAPE CONTRACTING LLC214 US Highway 46
Mine Hill, New Jersey 07803
- ACE FENCE2677 Oak St
Bellmore, New York 11710
- ACF2891A Montauk Hwy
Brookhaven, New York 11719
- All NJ Courts Unlimited, LLC17 Furnace Rd.
Chester, New Jersey 07930
- Allinger's Home Maintenance and Services IncPO Box 375
Mc Kean, Pennsylvania 16426
- Aluminum Fences Direct9660 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 138, 238
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
- A & T Iron Works Inc.
- Best Deck and Shed716 Newman Springs Road Suite 204
Lincroft, New Jersey 07738
- Best Deck and Shed
- Dog Watch365 Maxim Drive
Hopatcong, New Jersey 07843
- Dog Watch
- Eagle Fence and Supply Inc.3220 US Highway 22
Branchburg, New Jersey 08876
- Eagle Fence and Supply Inc.
- Ferrandino Fence and Fabrication1889 Carhart Ave
Peekskill, New York 10566
- Ferrandino Fence and Fabrication
- Jan Fence Inc4 Industrial Rd
Pequannock, New Jersey 07440
- Jan Fence Inc
- Mr. D Handyman260 Crescent Place
Yonkers, New York 10704
- Mr. D Handyman
- Natural Beauty Fence & Railings119 Commack Rd
Commack, New York 11725
- Natural Beauty Fence & Railings
- Staten Island Fence & Landscaping IncPO Box 70100
Staten Island, New York 10307
- Staten Island Fence & Landscaping Inc
- WALSH HOME IMPROVEMENTS, LLC361 N BROADWAY
Sleepy Hollow, New York 10591
- WALSH HOME IMPROVEMENTS, LLC
Dog fence installers that service New York
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.