A boat dock gives you access to the lake or ocean, making it a wonderful addition for your family and home. This guide breaks down the costs of building a boat dock.
Get matched with top dock builders in New York, NY
There are 12 highly-rated local dock builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dock Building Reviews in New York
- SCOTT R WOOD LLCIt went very well once the work was started. However you have to keep after Scott to get return phone calls/emails and to receive samples. Great job when all was said and done.
- SeaBoard DockbuildingAmazing! Ron is not just a craftsman. He is an artisan. He takes enormous pride in his work, and has the utmost integrity. I would refer him to anyone and everyone, and look forward to working with him again.
- LONG ISLAND DECKINGEntire job went extremely well from demolition and removal of our old wooden deck to foundation work and installation of new deck. Work crew were courteous and professional.
- LONG ISLAND DECKINGJay and his team were fantastic to work with throughout our deck project. From the start, Jay was very responsive and easy to get in touch with about questions or forthcoming with regular updates and next steps. His team was courteous, efficient and neat. We highly recommend this company and know with certainty that you will be just as happy as we are with your final product
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingI have owned several (five) homes in my life time, and undergone any number of extensive home remodeling projects. This was without doubt THE BEST experience I have ever had with a contractor! Mike and his team were hard-working, efficient and highly professional at all times. Mike did everything he said he was going to do, in all cases on time and on budget. He started the work the day he said the work would be started -- and he completed the work two weeks later, the very day he said the work would be completed. He worked long hours to make it happen, in spite of inclement weather outside his control, and even went above-and-beyond to protect our property as if it were his own home during the bad weather periods. Our good experience started with Mike's quote, which was far more detailed and well thought out than the competing quotes. It was by no means the cheapest -- but it was competitive, and it was very clear that Mike had taken the time to think through the project in detail where others hadn't. Mike was very clear about what was included in the quote, and what would be additional -- should there be additional work needed once the team got into the job (in fact, once he pulled up our roofs, there were indeed a few sections of support beams that had rotted and needed to be replaced --- but because of Mike's clarity up front, there was no question that this was outside the scope of the original quote). Both the quote for the job, as well as the hourly rate Mike quoted for any additional work needed, was more than reasonable... especially considering the quality of work that was done. Mike also went the extra mile to point out areas of future potential problems or concerns as he found them -- but without trying to "sell" us that more than was necessary should be fixed right away. We appreciated feeling that he was truly "on our side" in understanding that we had a set budget, and prioritizing what was urgent vs. what could wait for another day. Finally, I can't speak highly enough about the quality of the work done. I have worked with many contractors who will press and cut corners to get a job done quickly, or who will realize they have under-quoted a job and then try to cut corners to make up the time on the back end. Not Mike. Mike is as meticulous as they come. His preparation is thorough; his measurements are perfect; and his final work is flawless. When the project was complete, we could not find a single seam, gap or ill-fitting joint anywhere -- it was PERFECT! As you can tell, we are very, very satisfied customers and we will definitely be using Mike and his team again and again for our future projects
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingMike responded right away and scheduled the estimate within a week from our first phone call. At the time of the estimate, I felt that Mike was listening to what my needs were. He then customized a proposal to fulfill those needs. He outlined the Scope of work in person which made me comfortable that we were not leaving anything out. Mike and his team were punctual and neat throughout the project. I was very pleased with the quality of the work performed. I was impressed with how Important it was to Mike to keep me informed at each stage. Overall I am completely satisfied with the projects that Mike and Top Notch have done for us
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingMichael is a highly experienced carpenter in all aspects of home construction. He has the right tools for every job, and he uses those tools with skill and craftsmanship. Whether it be a window, roofing shingles, railing spindles, or heavy structural components -- such as the support posts for my cantilevered deck and porch -- all of them are fit and aligned with precision. He and I work on a basis of mutual trust. Michael is a man of his word. I echo the detailed comments of the review dated May 30, 2013. Since I value a job that lasts because it's done right at a fair price, Michael will continue to be my go-to man
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingThe results speak for themselves. Top-Notch did finish the skylight installation at the end of the day, on time and within budget. Since then, the house has been sold, but the skylight has never leaked or needed repair. Over the years, Top-Notch Carpentry has completed all manner of projects for me, including structural repairs, window/door installations, porch/deck repairs/restorations and general/finish carpentry. When your contractor can consistently deliver excellent, long-term performance, year after year, project success is nearly a guarantee, and you can't ask for much more than that
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingMichael came highly recommended to us and we had high expectations based on this. He and his team did not disappoint! The service from start to finish was top rate, or should I say Top Notch! The workers were very friendly, hardworking and neat cleaning up at the end of each day. Michael was on the job daily and was involved in the actual work making sure that things were done to his high standards. We are very pleased and will be using Top Notch for other projects in the future
- Top Notch Carpentry & RemodelingMichael performed work for me a few years ago excellently. A problem occurred recently with one of the products and I called him. He was very responsive, didn't keep me waiting and came out the next day. He corrected the problem free of charge...he really knows his stuff! Highly recommend!
Last update on August 9, 2021
Dock Builders in New York
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dock builder articles
Find out why it's important to hire a shoreline landscaping contractor to keep your shoreline in good health. Learn about the specialist knowledge they bring and how they can help your property.
Find dock builders in
dock builders in New York
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Best Deck and Shed716 Newman Springs Road Suite 204
Lincroft, New Jersey 07738
- Best Deck and Shed
- David Frank Home Improvement and Restoration915 Lacey Rd
Forked River, New Jersey 08731
- David Frank Home Improvement and Restoration
- Florentino R&E Construction LLC7 Kossuth St
Norwalk, Connecticut 06854
- Florentino R&E Construction LLC
- Gold Coast Pavers496 Grand Blvd
Westbury, New York 11590
- Gold Coast Pavers
- M Johnson Carpentry1 Toddville Ln
CORTLANDT MANOR, New York 10567
- M Johnson Carpentry
- Nor'eastern Marine Construction, LLC133 Cedar Run Dock Rd
West Creek, New Jersey 08092
- Nor'eastern Marine Construction, LLC
- Unlimited Outdoor Designs465 Medford Ave
Patchogue, New York 11772
- Unlimited Outdoor Designs