Pickering Construction LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2010

127 Candlewood Mountain Road

NEW MILFORD, CT 06776

WINNER OF THE ANGIES LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS ! Pickering Construction LLC is dedicated to providing customers with professional home repair and general construction of the highest quality at competitive prices. Steven Pickering owner/master carpenter brings to the table over 15 years of experience in the building trades. Customer satisfaction is our main goal. We do the job right the first time, no exceptions! We value our customers recommendations as our best marketing! We warranty all work, are fully licensed, and insured by the state of Ct. We always keep the job site clean, and organized. If you can dream it, we can build it! From Light bulbs To Additions and everything in between! Serving Fairfield and Litchfield County as well as surrounding areas! We provide a wide range of home repairs and home improvements,and Handyman services including: • Kitchens • Bathrooms • Additions • Decks • Siding • Windows/Doors • Framing • Trim • Painting/Sheetrock • Flooring • Custom Tile Work,floors/backsplash,walls We also make custom furniture & cabinets...

03/29/2022

COREY C.

It went well, they did a great job. Very fast with work. Respectful group

Description of Work
He did some tile work, he did two rooms, took out the carpet and did my tile

01/29/2021

David C.

Steve and his crew were hired to completely gut and remodel two full bathrooms. For one bathroom, we got rid of an alcove tub and replaced with a tub and walk in shower, so a decent amount of new plumbing was required. We had gotten a few estimates and his came in higher than one contractor’s who we weren’t sure about, and right in line with another shop we were considering. Both of the “higher” estimates were right in line with regional averages for the work we were asking for. In the end, I think we got a total bargain! We’ve been through/overseen other (sometimes large) renovations, with many subcontractors and moving parts, and out of all of them, Steve was the best. He is very laid back but knowledgeable and thoughtful about offering his expertise and opinions to make the project flow better or cost less, and he didn’t mind taking the time to chat to figure things out we hadn’t thought through. He was also just as comfortable when we wanted things a certain way or requested changes. He went the extra mile if needed and his whole crew were the same way. There was no drama whatsoever and lots of little things they did were simply absorbed into the amount already agreed upon. Al, Ron, Ralph, and the rest of the crew were all friendly, skilled and efficient. And with Covid, they masked up and we really appreciated it. Lastly, as a woman who happened to be the point person and decision maker for this project, I can’t tell you how much I appreciated the simple respect for my point of view, experience and opinions. From everybody. This has not always been the case in the past, and I think it’s so worth giving a shout out for. Thanks, Steve and crew! We love our bathrooms, and we hope to have you guys back to take a look at the kitchen when we’re ready.

Description of Work
Gut renovation on two full bathrooms.

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling

11/04/2019

Heather V.

Steve and his team are amazing. From quote to completion I have only great things to say. Great communication, understanding when we added or changed features, really went above and beyond to make us happy. Managed the project when the key decision maker wasn’t as available as we would have liked. Best professional we have hired hands down. Bathroom remodel included relocating the shower and sink, tearing down to the studs, insulating the floor, custom tile shower, new electrical elements and more. He worked with our less than timely suppliers without a single complaint. I’ll absolutely be using Pickering for our upcoming kitchen remodel!

Description of Work
Full bathroom remodel

07/02/2019

Robert H.

The work went really well. The deck looks great. Steve and his team were punctual and very professional. He completed the job ahead of schedule and within the quoted amount. His technical skill is evident in the fine work that his team creates. We will be hiring Pickering Construction again. Great job!

Description of Work
Replace and expand deck and power wash the house.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

04/24/2019

Debbie W.

The work was excellent. They are prompt, conscientious, take the time to do the job right. Kept me in the loop step by step, which is very appreciated especially since this job ( because of the age of the original materials) became a “can of worms”. The repair was a quality job. Made sure all possible leaks were repaired. Worked in a timely manner and kept the area clean at the end of each day. I have recommended them to my friends and will hire them again.

Description of Work
Remove damaged Sheetrock and old metal septic vent pipe and replace.

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, plumbing

11/14/2017

Monika L.

The carpenter was excellent - he completed everything and more. He even replaced some of the shingles attacked by the woodpecker on the outside of the house. If I need a carpenter again, I would definitely have him come back! The other young man was also good -- he did a nice job with the sheet rock but the plaster was protruding a bit even after we sanded it down. He was not able to place the radiator cover over the heating system in the bathroom but to his defense, I don't believe that was in his job description or area of expertise. Overall, we were pleased and Tracy was very friendly and made me feel at ease with all of my questions.

Description of Work
plaster repair, painting, sheet rock placement, carpentry

Category drywall, furniture repair, handyman service, plastering, woodworking

10/13/2017

VIVIAN C.

Awesome! Steve was great communicating, his price was reasonable, he went above and beyond to make sure the job was done right, not just what I asked for. He showed up on time for the estimate and to do the job and stayed until it was done, even though it got late and dark. Highly, highly recommended.

Description of Work
I needed an installed chain link fence removed and packed up to be moved.

09/23/2017

AMY B.

All new footers were installed using a computerized machine to drive footings 7' down. As always with Steve, every detail was attended to from the type of nail/screws used, to how the lattice was meticulously done around the deck. Steve, Matt and Jeff worked on the project and were very professional and always willing to answer questions and take time to explain things thoroughly.

Description of Work
Removed existing 20+ year old deck and built new deck. Deck size is approx 50' x 12', so not just a normal little deck. We decided on going with pressure treated wood instead of composite just because of material cost for such a large deck.

Category decks

08/17/2017

Robert P.

Pickering construction worked in a timely mannor and completed the job as asked. Easygoin and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Masterbath

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

08/16/2017

Thomas D.

Both jobs turned out great! We were very happy with Pickering and wouldn't hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
We had some demolition work done and had a large brick and stucco fireplace refaced with stone.

Category electrician, handyman service, fireplaces, woodworking

08/15/2017

Richard T.

Steve and his team did a great job. He gave us options so we could choose appearance and cost. They showed up on time, finished on time and cleaned up. I'd be happy to hire them again.

Description of Work
Front porch railing and step railing with posts

Category decks, handyman service

06/22/2017

Kevin L.

2 to 3 weeks of back and forth, rarely hearing from him. It was hard to get a response from him and I eventually decided to find someone else to do the work because I was afraid to work with someone who didn't respond in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Was trying to communicate for a quote and to schedule screen door replacements

Category screen repair

We talked on the phone and email several times.I had made arrangements with his tenant as he lived out of state.It came down to him refusing to send me a check for the material cost of 2 screen doors.We don't do business like that.Especially when we would have to wait a week or two to get paid.

06/15/2017

Lori C.

Was disappointed I never got a return phone call.

Description of Work
I left a message and never heard back. Very disappointed after all the good reviews!

Category handyman service, woodworking

I left a few messages and never heard back!

05/31/2017

Carolyn M.

Steve has all the essential qualities one would want to find in a handy person: He's honest, reliable, and skilled. He performs top quality work at reasonable prices. As we were preparing to put a house on the market and in the process of gathering information about what we should invest in (and what not), we have not yet hired Steve. However, we would not hesitate to do so. When we have hired him in the past, we were always very happy with him, the cost, the outcome, and the overall experience.

Description of Work
We wanted estimates on a variety of outside projects (prepping and staining a deck, cleaning wood siding on house, cutting up fallen trees, removing an old antenna, etc.). As usual (we've worked with Steve a few times), he was incredibly responsive, writing back within minutes several times to answer our preliminary questions. He then came by on relatively short notice to take a look at what we were considering. He provided us with reasonable estimates, both in terms of cost and timing.

05/30/2017

Sergio T.

Steve Pickering of Pickering Construction did an excellent job. First, he was timely, and was able to start the job right away, within a week or so of submitting his bid. He and his crew did a good job painting the dining room and living room different colors, ceilings, and trim around the windows. He also rebuilt the stairway to the basement so that it was extra sturdy and finished the drywall in that area, which had never been finished when the house was originally built. Finally he did a perfectly new threshold saddle for one that had rotted and needed replacement. What impressed me was Steve's follow-up, and this is the reason I am rating him highly. A few tiny holes were left in the painting area, holes that had been used for artwork and so on. But we weren't necessarily hanging up the artwork again. Also, one stairwell plank had a knot in it, which created a tiny hole through the wood, an imperfect plank that was already cracking. When I pointed out these small problems to Steve, he went back and fixed all of them perfectly: he filled up the small holes in the wall for the artwork, repainted those holes, installed a new plank, and cleaned up a bit more. So I think the follow-up was excellent. I didn't mind paying for a high-quality job, but I also wanted the job done right. Nothing extra, just what I had paid for. That's exactly what I got from Steve. I am happy with his work and would recommend him highly.

Description of Work
I was repainting a living room and dining room, rebuilding basement stairs that were rickety, and rebuilding a threshold saddle that was rotted. Also, I needed some drywall finishing of a stairwell with joint cement and painting.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

05/18/2017

John N.

Very happy with the work done. Steve and Matt were prompt, professional, did very nice work and the price was fair. All areas were cleaned, both inside the house and outside. We will definitely reach out to Steve if future work is required.

Description of Work
Ceiling repair due to water damage. Damaged plaster was removed, sheetrock added, 3 coats of compound applied and sanded. Ready for painting. Built-in bookcase (2) built. Ready for staining. Look great!

Category drywall, woodworking

03/10/2017

Linda O.

Steve came by to see job and give estimate then came back to do the repair. Done in a timely manner and very professional, Would definitely recommend Pickering Construction.

Description of Work
repair siding that blew off during high winds

Category handyman service, siding

01/31/2017

Richard P.

From start to finish the job was seamless. They had the highest of professionalism, were courteous, neat, trustworthy, and completed the job in a timely manner. We would give them the highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Steve and Matt remodeled our bathroom.

12/26/2016

Philip C.

Very professional, very quick and did a very nice job. Also fairly priced.

Description of Work
Sheetrocked 3 ceilings and a few walls

Category drywall, handyman service

11/12/2016

Garrett D.

Super! The finished work and cleanup looked great. Very quick! Great price and as estimated.

Description of Work
Replaced rotting wood with pvc for exterior window trim for a 4 x 8 window, and caulked around the window.

10/29/2016

AMY B.

Great. Did a lot of nice prep work to make sure the finished job looked great. Transformed a dull, dirty, dingy cinder block hall into a bright presentable area along with a fresh look to a basement entryway.

Description of Work
Prep and painting of unfinished cinder block hallway and entryway

Category handyman service, interior painters

10/07/2016

Robert P.

Steve and his guys were on time, trustworthy and very easy to work with. They completed the job, cleaned, and left us with a usable garage. We will be using Pickering Construction again in the future.

Description of Work
Build out of garage. Demo, sheet rock, paint

Category appliance repair

09/04/2016

Irene P.

Outstanding! Estimate was competitive to others received and installation was prompt. Matt, who was the installer, was cordial and very competent. He went above the call of duty as other parts were needed that I didn't pick up and made a trip to the local Home Depot to get them. I would highly recommend Pickering Construction for plumbing work.

Description of Work
Install kitchen sink / faucets and bathroom faucet.

Category plumbing

06/14/2016

Nancy B.

The reno was scheduled to take 5 days, but due to unseen problems in an old house, it took a day longer. The problems were fixed and the work was done well---their expertise was obvious. The two brothers doing the work were professional and easy to work with---very accommodating and helpful. I would definitely recommend Pickering Construction and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom

04/11/2016

NEIL G.

Phase #1 was a remodel of the upstairs floors and ceilings and a total remodel of the hallway and bathroom. Phase 2 was a remodel of the lower level bath/laudry room and remodel of the kitchen and bedroom floors and ceilings and some walls. The project was completed over the winter months and required a lot of attention to details and coordination of electrical, tile and flooring specialists.

Description of Work
Pickering Construction remodeled a 1960's lake front home ( Morris CT) during the winter of 2016. It was a 4-5 month project done in several phases. The project was completed on time and with excellent results. I reside in Massachusetts so we communicated via the phone and texting. Steve was always available and quick to answer questions or discuss the details of the project. I found Steve and all his co-works to be responsible and trustworthy. I would recommend his team without any concerns.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Tiger Luxury Home Improvement

We have over 14 years of general remodeling experience. Our goal is to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied. We offer quality workmanship. We take pride in remodeling your home. We have done all types of home improvement projects from new hardwood flooring installation, kitchen and bath remodeling, interior and exterior painting, all ceramic tile backsplashes and any type of flooring. Call us today for your free estimate. We would love the opportunity to make your dream home a reality!

EJZ llc

For more than 15 years our painting company has served hundreds of satisfied customers around the New York and Connecticut area with experience in doing residential and commercial work. We are both licensed and insured making our business trustworthy and reliable. Our staff is trained to give our customers the best quality service. Even through COVID- 19 we are still available to safely meet your needs. Give us a call for a free estimate.

Star Painters, LLC

Star Painters LLC is a Painting service company in operation since 2005 in the Connecticut. Our areas of expertise is interior and exterior painting. When you work with Star Painters Contractors, you can trust that the job will be done right, the first time, every time. You will see the same crew and foreman throughout the project, and they’ll know your specifications start to finish. The job is not complete until you the customer are completely satisfied. Our crews are friendly, prompt and reliable. Our professional work will take years off the age of your home or business.

Offers by Star Painters, LLC on Angi

Kitchens, bathrooms, decks, flooring, tile, siding, windows, doors, trim, framing, built-ins, sheetrock, interior & exterior painting & custom furniture.