Just like any other part of the home, multiple parts make up your chimney to keep you warm—and safe. Using this guide, you’ll learn the complete chimney anatomy.
Get matched with top chimney repair services in Modesto, CA
There are 3 highly-rated local chimney repair services.
Recent Chimney Repair Reviews in Modesto
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceWe cannot do the work right now but it is nice to know what needs to be done. He was friendly, a hard worker and explained everything well. We are very happy with the work that was performed.
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceDrew, from Mike's Mobile did an outstanding job of cleaning, inspecting and repairing my fireplace. On both visits, Drew was courteous, respectful and efficient in his work. After the cleaning and inspection, he provided me with a detailed list of issues and an estimated cost of repair. He took the time to explain the "cause and effect" of the problems and helped me prioritize the repair list (I am a senior on a budget). At no time, was I pressured to have the work done and I advised Drew I would have to study my budget before scheduling any work. I was not only impressed with Drew's work but also with the fact that this company does the work as scheduled, informs you of problems and does NOT pressure you in any way to have the repair work done. There's NO high pressure sales, just superior workmanship and outstanding customer service! After analyzing my budget, I spoke with Mike (the owner) he personally and he assured me that they do everything possible to come as close to their repair estimation as possible. And indeed they do!! I would NOT hesitate to recommend Mike's Mobile Screen and Chimney service to anyone! My personal opinion is that this is a company who places customer service, quality work and honesty and integrity at the top of their list. They have gained my trust, confidence and loyalty
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceFor chimney sweep, yes, I used Mike's Mobile Screen and Chimney Service. The cost approximately was 150. They were very good. We were able to get an appointment within a couple of days of me calling them. It was exactly as they described it. They came out, they did it and they cleaned it. I was actually impressed with how un-invasive the cleaning was actually. They cut down weeds and I didn't have to move a lot of stuff. They were very good. I actually wasn't even home when they were here. I am going with what my husband was saying. We were happy with them
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceThe service was great. The technician was friendly and very thorough. I was amazed that I received a call before my appointment to let me know that the technician was going to be late since he was experiencing personal car trouble. Once the technician arrived at my home, he started right away. He performed a visual examination on everything. The cap of the chimney, the damper, and everything in between. Next came the cleaning. The technician placed a drop cloth on our rug to prevent any debris from landing on it. Then vacuuming and brushing. Once that was complete, he removed the equipment from the living room very quickly. There was really no down time with his performance. At every stage of the process, the technician kept me abreast on what he was doing and where he had to go. Finally, the technician sat down with me to go over all his findings. Our chimney cap was not secured properly, the damper was not in correct working order, and we have slight water damage at the very top of the chimney where the cap would rest. After reviewing the findings, the technician offered to secure the chimney cap, and get the damper back into working order. There was an additional cost of $30 for this extra work but I was willing to pay for it. Once the additional services were complete, I paid with my credit card and received a copy of inspection. Our inspection took a little over an hour to complete
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceThe experience I had with Mike's Mobile was great, from the time I first spoke with Andrew, and after the work was completed. They were very professional with their inspection and actual repairs, respecting our tenant's schedule and property, and keeping in touch with me with estimates and reports. Andrew took it upon himself to adjust the tech's work order to avoid unnecessary charges. He also took the time to send me the link describing the function of the Lock top II that was recommended. I would definitely hire this company again for chimney work
- Mike's Mobile Screen & Chimney ServiceHe patiently answered all my dumb questions. He was nice and friendly, but professional. I will hire him again in a couple of years to come out and clean the chimney.
- McDonald Chimney ServiceHe did a great job and even explained to me in detail about the firebox and what to look for to know we needed repairs. He left the interior looking as good as new and was very prompt and courteous. Plus, he cut me a great deal of only $75 on the chimeny sweep since he was already out for other repairs. HIGHLY recommended
- Old World Chimney SweepOld World Chimney Sweep was quick. He explained everything we needed to know. He was careful to set out protective tarps to protect the floor. He was very candid about what was going on inside of our chimney and what we could do to improve it. I didn't feel like he was trying to upsell me on anything. There was not a top to the chimney and the damper was broken so there was clearly water damage had been happening and he gave us a quick solution that we could use to fix it. I felt like he was really reasonable. In the $99 was included fixing some cracks in the mortar. He was courteous and, actually, early! He got the job done quickly and I would definitely use him again
- Harlan's Home ServicesHarlan's Chimney Sweep & Home Services told me what they were doing. There was no mess. It's working fine.
Chimney Repair Contractors in Modesto
- Business Description:Excellence in Roofing is more than just a tag line at Los Gatos Roofing; it is a way of doing business. With a long and storied history of service in the Bay Area, the Los Gatos Roofing family demands a strong commitment to customer service and the highest quality standards of craftsmanship. Additional address - PO Box 1726, Los Gatos, CA 95031. Additional phone number - (408) 395-9091. Additional contact names - Gary Radonich, Cameron Radonich, Randy BrownRecent Review:My newish roof needed repair after the guy who did the roof was non-responsive. They came, determined the issue, and repaired the roof. They were very professional and more reasonably priced than another company I had give an estimateKaren F.
- Business Description:D & R is a construction company that specializes in chimney inspection and cleaning, repair, and fireplace insert installation (gas, wood, and pellet devices). We install, repair and upgrade fire burning devices. We also reline masonry and metal chimneys. After installation we send a digital report of our finding. We provide nationally certified inspections and cleaning by technicians licensed by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.Recent Review:Very courteous , on time and professionalTracy W.
- Business Description:Mike’s Mobile Screens has been serving the California Central Valley & Bay Area since 2002. We have established ourselves as a reputable company offering the highest quality in products, workmanship & professionalism in our trade. Our dedicated staff comes out to your home or business to give you a custom fit & professional installation for any screen application. As an independent dealer for all of our screen doors & components we constantly compare new additions to the market for the highes..Recent Review:Never showed as committed, no call either.Deborah M.
- Business Description:We are family owned and operated. Since 1989. We guarantee absolutely a mess-free environment. We provide a superb job at reasonable rates. We have the most modern equipment in the business and we provide a written report to our customers on every single job, big or smallRecent Review:At the end of last year I bought a wood-burning stove insert from Rick McDonald, who owns this business. I paid in full for the stove ($3660.91), leaving a balance of $1029.31 for labor and parts, which was to be paid after the installation was complete. Problems arose during the installation: 1) Rick didn't tell me the stove needed an electrical outlet to work. 2) Rick's workers broke my fireplace hearth by dropping the stove on it. These things made it necessary for Rick's workers to make three visits before the installation was complete. Each time his workers (his sons Tim and Ben) had to reschedule, they requested that I pay the full balance ($1029.31). THIS IS ILLEGAL. I explained that my husband and I have a policy that we don't pay the full amount until the job is finished. Each time I refused they became vindictive or abusive, threatening to take the stove away (although I'd already paid for it), threatening to install it improperly, refusing to do the paperwork for my rebate, refusing to take my credit card, and adding extra unauthorized charges to my bill. Although none of the difficulties were my fault, Rick yelled at me, calling me "the worst customer he ever had in 35 years". When I first dealt with them, he and his son Tim were very polite and knowledgeable. I was shocked to find them acting so unprofessionally when problems arose. Eventually everything was sorted out, but dealing with them was an exhausting ordeal. I had to threaten a bad review, complain to Mastercard, check with the state regarding the legality of contractors asking for full payment before the job is complete. It was the worst experience with workmen I've ever had, and I've hired a lot of them. I don't think they'd have been so abusive if I were a man. On their last visit I had my husband come from out of town to provide support. I really wouldn't hire these guysSCOTT A.
- Business Description:General Contractor
- Business Description:Family owned and operated since 1999. Wayne has a background in heating and sheet metal and has been in the solid fuels industry since 1984, has been active in the state and national guilds and has held most of the industry certifications as the industry matured. He has designed and taught courses in chimney repair and gas service technology. He is currently a California State licensed contractor
- Business Description:I am a sole proprietor with an outstanding work force at my disposal, which allows me to meet the needs of the smallest to largest projects. I pride myself on complete communication with my clients and there is NEVER a charge for estimates nor trip charges. All work is done at fair and reasonable rates and is always guaranteed and includes ALL required permits and inspections. I do use some sub-contractors when the need arises and stand behind their work 100%. I work well around children and..
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Skylines Roofing. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated licensed contractor. Start planning your project with us today! Give us a call or send us an email. You can also visit us at www.topnotchcr.com
- Business Description:We are an owner operated family run business,serving the area for over 12 years. All fireplace and dryer vent cleanings are always performed by the owner and we are here year round to answer calls and provide knowledgeable answers to any questions you may have. We accept checks or cash and can bill escrow accounts and out of town property owners. And of course a senior discount
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney repair contractor articles
A broken or damaged chimney can require a rebuild of the chimney stack or the fireplace—or, in more extreme cases, a full chimney replacement. This guide explores the average costs entailed by partial chimney rebuilds and full chimney replacements.
Your chimney liner, or flue liner, is a major component of your home’s fireplace. The chimney liner prevents gas leaks and keeps the fire where it should be, in your heart not in your home. We break down the different types of chimney liners.
Find chimney repair services in
- French Camp
chimney repair services in Modesto
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Clean Sweep Chimney Service1241 Champ Avenue
- A Clean Sweep Chimney Service
- D & R ConstructionP.O. Box 495
- D & R Construction
- Edward Ryan Construction Inc.3908 Lindenwood Ct
- Edward Ryan Construction Inc.
- JAY-C'S ROOFING CO2724 ROSEWOOD AVE
- JAY-C'S ROOFING CO
- Los Gatos Roofing888 Faulstich Ct
San Jose, California
- Los Gatos Roofing
- Professional Chimney & Venting Services1258 Sweet Pea Dr.
- Professional Chimney & Venting Services
- Top Notch Construction & Remodel Inc1224 Yorktown Ln
- Top Notch Construction & Remodel Inc