Foundation cracks can be costly to repair, so homeowners should be proactive to prevent permanent damage. Follow these tips to keep your foundation solid.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Madison, WI
There are 1 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Madison
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY INCInitial call was returned promptly and courteously. Arrived on time and was completed on budget. Report was as requested.
- General Engineering CoI would recommend them to others. They appeared to be very knowledgeable and they didn't waste a lot of time with the inspection.
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY INCKurts expertise was great. He took a difficult structural problem and not only solved it but was able to explain what was needed to be done to us in a way that was perfectly clear. When the lead carpenter had questions and proposed a change , Kurt listened and worked beautifully with our contractor and carpenter. Does his job really well. I have to give kudos to our contractor, Rick Larson ofLarson Builders LLC for finding/working with such quality subs
- Westring Construction LLCI initiated a request through their website and got a response the next day. Over email, I described what I was looking for and James was very responsive. He came over to my house and we talked about the project and he gave me some advice about the structure and knee walls (it's a cape cod or cottage style 1950's 1.5 story). I wanted to know what part of the knee walls could be removed without harm. He was very nice to talk to and if I need a general contractor I will be contacting them again
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY INCThe analysis and services were better than I expected. I would recommend Kurt for residential structural analysis.
- Woodford Bros IncI called to ask about getting a concrete foundation inspected as part of an inspection contingency in a house purchase. They couldn't get to my state in time but the guy on the phone was so helpful and listened to my problem and gave me some advice on how to approach it. He was very knowledgeable and very willing to share his knowledge to help me out
- STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY INCSo they gave us some recommendations about what kind of work would not be necessary. I thought that it was reasonable but I thought it was overpriced for the kind of work that we got. He was late to his appointments and did not call to confirm the day before like he said he would.
- Sabco Consulting Engineers IncWe were in need of repair estimates for a home buying decision. We knew what the problems were. We needed to know the cost to fix the issues for negotiations with the seller. We clearly asked over the phone if Sabco would be able to provide an estimate to repair and not just engineering cost estimates. They said they would so we scheduled an appointment. During the appointment Sabco said they do not provide estimates to repair (not what they said on the phone). Sabo was then unable to provide any useful estimate for the engineering work citing they couldn't see the issue clearly enough, ignoring the fact most issues we wanted quoted were completely visible. One of the problem areas was with joists that were 100% visible. Another was with foundation concerns that were 100% visible. The other was with a joist that had limited visibility. Sabco claimed there was nothing they could do to provide an estimate without demolition work to see it better. I asked why they didn't use an endoscope which is a common tool of the trade in this situation. They said that was impossible. The next contractor to show up to give a quote brought an endoscope with them and was able to quote proving Sabco was incompetent. Sabco did not deliver what they said would do when we agreed to use them during our phone screen, did not deliver what they later changed their story to say they deliver and would not refund our payment after not delivering anything of value
Last update on November 30, 2021
Structural Engineers in Madison
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Root cellars are a low-cost, sustainable alternative to refrigeration. Learn the benefits of this traditional food storage area and what’s needed to build one.
Find structural engineers in
- Shorewood Hills,
- Maple Bluff,
- Cottage Grove,
- Sun Prairie,
- De Forest,
- Cross Plains,
- Black Earth,
- Mount Horeb,
structural engineers in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cleary Building - Verona190 Paoli Street
Verona, Wisconsin 53593
- Cleary Building - Verona