Woodford Bros Inc

Founded 1962 • With Angi since September 2008

Water in your basement? Cracks in your foundation? Leaky foundation walls? Call Woodford - we can help! Woodford Bros., Inc. specializes in basement waterproofing, foundation repair, concrete leveling, Barn Restoration, and radon mitigation. Founded in 1962, Woodford's original focus was

4.3

4.1

4.3

4.4

foundation repair (17)mudjacking (2)basement waterproofing (1)structural engineering (30)masonry (6)concrete repair (6)lawn & landscaping (5)decks & porches (4)general contractors (4)drain pipe installation (3)generator service (2)window replacement (2)

08/20/2020

KENT R.

Still waiting for someone to contact me

Description of Work
Never got a call back!

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Sorry for the miscommunication, our customer care will reach out to you ASAP. Thank you for your understanding.

Aan J.

Loved it! they were here, They had everybody on the time that they needed it. When they are redoing my foundation wall, It was critical because the house was sinking so they have to level it.

Description of Work
They redid the foundation wall of our old house.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 03/22/2018

Hi Aan, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are a family owned company and love to hear when our customers are happy!

Peter M.

They were very good, on time , professional, they pick up after themselves and the job was done within the day.

Description of Work
They stabilize my basement walls.

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for expressing your fantastic experience with us! We definitely appreciate it, thank you again and have a nice day!

Wes B.

They addressed and solved the problem completely. I'm totally thrilled to be able to recommend them. They're very very good, professional, polite, and addressed my wife as ma'm. They are more expensive BUT their work is superb. I have a written guarantee and the gang that they sent, without exception, were great. I'm totally thrilled and I've never given anyone a thumbs up to the that degree. Everything was as promised and as delivered and that is a rare thing to say these days.

Description of Work
I was developing some water on my basement floor. They put an underground draining system in, routed it outside to discharge in my backyard, and dug a trench 35 ft long so the water wouldn't run back into my basement. They did this with a foot of snow on the ground.

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are totally thrilled to have you as a customer. Thank you for the review. We are glad your project went as planned! -Woodford Bros., Inc.

11/12/2018

Sharon S.

Great. They were very professional.

Description of Work
basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

07/27/2018

Robert H.

Contractor never deigned to respond to request for an estimate!

Description of Work
Minor landscaping work-clear off dirt & stones on backfilled 110' ditch & plant grass seed-estimate requested.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Sorry for the confusion we are not a landscaping company, but if you need anything done in your basement we can defiantly help. Thanks [Member Name Removed].

01/19/2018

Suzanne H.

We just finished a big project, big for us, and couldn't be happier with the workers. Dave has been a great help clarifying an issue and the foreman Steve has kept up up to date with every move they are making. The workers Joey and Tony were polite and did all they could to keep the dust and dirt to a minimum. That was a tough job working in a crawl space and having to enter and exit the house in the snow and bad weather. Other craftsmen (that's all I can call them, they were so in tuned to what they were doing) came in during the week to lend a hand, and they too were top notch. I will say, I am sure not everyone wouldn't mind the dirt tracked through the house, but they made every effort to clean up the last crumb. Thirty years ago Woodford Bros. added a large addition to our house and couldn't think of any other company that we would think of using. We are happy to refer Woodford Bros to anyone!

Description of Work
Concerned of structural issues in main house as well as the first floor showing signs of unevenness.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the amazing review. We definitely agree Dave, Steve, Joey and Tony are great assets to Woodford Bros., Inc. Thank you again!

08/16/2017

Gabriele D.

Good salesmanship and promises up front , high prices. Apparently it's a crapshoot what work crew you get. The crew I got did extremely sloppy work, made lame excuses for shortcuts they took and damage they did, needed constant supervision to check on the work quality, took triple the estimated work time, (promised 2 days, took 6 and kept us and our kids up until 10:30 pm the on last day because they had another job scheduled), and finally needed the intervention of a supervisor in order to finish with barely acceptable job quality with a gravelly mess left around my sliding door. They used property without permission. It was overall an unpleasant experience having them in my living space, I ended up having to move out until they were finished. I hope never to have to repeat that experience. Hopefully the work they did will be effective in keeping water out of my basement during any upcoming monsoon.

Description of Work
Waterguard & weatherguard Installed in basement to alleviate water intrusion

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

Review for Woodford Bros Inc - 6500 RT-80, Apulia Station, NY - 36065019

In response to the customer's review, our sales team and, most importantly, our production team went above and beyond their efforts in trying to accommodate and satisfy the customer's concerns. The pictures shown in the customer's review were taken during construction, and by no means are they indicative of the appearance of the finished product. The customer was also refunded a portion of the cost of the project. We stand behind our work and always want a satisfied customer in the end.

12/16/2015

SUSAN K.

They took out a load bearing wall and installed a beam. I wanted to open up a room to open the kitchen. They were terrific, reliable, and I know it was done 100% right. I have not had any problems with it since and it has been 5 years.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General.

Category remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/15/2010

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with Woodford Bros,, Inc. Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed].

11/19/2015

Marietta D.

The first service went fine. When I called again to have my second service in 2015 to have my yearly Generator Service I was asked to then sign a service contract. Something new ! When the contract came I almost fainted. [ Level 1 service -- basic service -- Aug - Sept -- $394.20 ] [ Level 2 plan -- suggested -- Feb - March -- $653.40 ] If you require your own appointment $30.00 extra ! When I bought this Generator 2/7/2013 I was told they had installed lots of Generators in my surrounding Southern Tier area and servicing was no problem. They do many at one time. No contract's , just a service once a year ! As you can see they changed after I owned my Generator for 3 years. They never told me anything like this in the beginning. they said no problem on servicing, they do many in the area and just make the rounds. The cost of the Generator was $8,208.78. I bought it through Home Depot in Painted Post, who use this company to install Generators for them. I called Home Depot when I got this contract to inform them of what this company was doing to us Generator owners ( big investment ) I'm a retired person ! Costs are very important to me as I am on a fixed income. the man I spoke to at Home Depot was not happy and said this was ridiculous ! So they found me someone else to call to try to get my Generator serviced. the only problem was this person was a ways away and it would be costly, so this reference felt sorry for me as they are GE Dealers put me in touch with someone much closer. I have been in contact with this Plumbing & Heating business nearer to me , who has installed a lot of my GE Generator's. He has yet to come but he promised to come soon and do a service for me. He seems very nice so I am hoping for a good result. I have over $8,000.00 invested in this and am really discouraged at what is happening to me on trying to keep this running good. I never would have made the investment if I knew this was going to happen. As a result I hope no one is hiring The Woodford Bros.inc to install Generators and I hope Home Depot's look into it for their customers because they were not happy with what this company is doing to their customers !!!! I might follow up with Home Depot to see if they have confronted this company about this very un-savory practice ! I , also, may look into calling the GE Company and telling them what has happened. Thank you for the opportunity to tell you my story, I hope it helps someone else buying a Home Generator ! Be careful and pay attention to what the costs will be after the Generator is installed. .

Description of Work
Generator Servicing

Category generator service

Cost $259.2

Work Completed On 06/27/2014

08/20/2015

Lori T.

Ryan called to say he was going to be a bit late,and arrived shortly after. He looked at wall and said he would send an estimate. Two weeks later we emailed him and he said that he had been very busy but he would have an estimate to us in two week. We are still waiting,and waiting..... There seems to be a remarkable apathy about getting back with potential customers,not just with this company,but with others we've tried to contact lately. What has happened to common courtesy?

Description of Work
We needed an estimate on repairing a retaining wall

Category landscaping, masonry, structural engineer

07/03/2015

John P.

Excellent deliver time as promised

Description of Work
Wood chips

Work Completed On 06/21/2015

06/12/2014

Marty U.

The solution provided was considered and more research done later on supplied different solution. Therefore,I did not use them .

Description of Work
Provided a solution after inspection of roof.

Work Completed On 05/12/2013

04/07/2014

James S.

Met the company representative at their booth at the 2013 State Fair on Labor Day. Asked for a work estimate for a structural modification. One month later after not hearing from them, I called to ask if they would be scheduling an estimate. A week later their estimator came out. He said it might take two weeks to complete the estimate. After another month I call again to get the details. I also asked for an option for what I thought was a simplified version of the work. Around two weeks later (it's now November) they mailed the estimate. It was thorough but the reduced version was only $2k off the cost of the full project and there was no detailed drawing of the second option.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate

Category structural engineer

In response to [member name removed], it was only 9 days from taking the lead from the fair to our sales coordinator setting up the appointment, less than a week after setting the appointment our estimator was out looking at their problem. We apologize for the delay in the proposal, but as most know the spring/summer/fall is our busiest time of year. Upon further review of the estimate, if James wishes to call our company, we will be more than willing to discuss this with him.

11/11/2013

Melanie R.

After responding to my call on 10/7 about an apparent leak behind the fireplace that caused the blue stonework to 'weep' and setting up a time the next week to look at the problem, Woodford sent out a detailed and quot;what to expectand quot; document which was helpful and professionally done. When the rep showed up on the appointment date, he took photos of the fireplace and the chimney outside. He never checked the flashing/roof area around the chimney (probably since he didn't have a ladder [and never asked if I had one...I did] and was dressed for the office, not field work). He told me he figured it WAS just a flashing problem and that they'd come by in a day or two to fix it. I told him I needed an estimate first; that they couldn't assume they had the job. He said he'd/they'd get back to me the next day. I didn't hear from him/them for another couple of weeks when they called and said they were in the area and could do the job that afternoon. I told them that the work had already been done since I had not heard from them nor had gotten an estimate. Another person who has done work for me scoped out the problem and did the work. While Woodford seems to have their act together based on the statement of expectations they sent, they have to work on their salesforce's credibility. I called them originally because I had heard their radio commercials and they sounded very sincere and credible. They may be, but this was not an acceptable experience.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 11/04/2013

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry about your experience. We are a family owned business and this is not how we operate. We would love to win back your business and trust.

08/21/2013

Carol H.

.No problems. Estimate and work were done on time. Very professional people.

Description of Work
Jacked up sagging divider between garage doors. Rebuilt footer under divider.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/18/2013

Thank you [Member Name Removed].

07/08/2013

Charles W.

Super job, Crew Chief, Gary was superb, did what they said they would do and more, This company is a class act. I thought their price was a little high, in the beginning, but by the time the job was done and I saw the quality of their work, the care they took to not make a mess, cleaned up every day, showed us what they did each day and explained why they did what they did. I cant say enough good about these guys. If you have a problem Tom Woodford DOES INDEED ANSWER HIS PHONE and he will speak to you promptly should you have a question.

Description of Work
Structural Repair

Work Completed On 09/09/1999

Thank you for the postive Review!

06/19/2013

Richard C.

We obtained several estimates, including from Woodford. Woodford was in the middle, price-wise, and had a good reputation so we chose them. We had a good experience with Woodford's scheduler who did a good job of keeping us informed of when the job would start. When the workers arrived, the first thing that happened was that they ended up tearing up the yard more than the estimator and I had discussed. The estimator and I talked about that and there was no way around it at that point, so we proceeded. When removing dirt, the estimator significantly underestimated the amount of dirt to be removed and fortunately they agreed to haul off two dump truck loads of and quot;extraand quot; dirt. When doing the concrete work, they made quite a mess and some concrete splashing occurred on a garage door (which I had installed within the past 6 months) and at the end of the project (after a lot of whining) they cleaned it up. The repair itself (core-filling two walls, installing rebar, using jacks to put the wall back in its original position, etc) was done fairly well. But, there were lots of problematic details. What probably should have been a 3-day job ended up taking more than a week because of equipment failures (a bobcat was dragged from the yard on the first day because it broke down -- breakdowns happen), weather issues, and lack of advance planning. I had to let them use my pressure washer before parging because they forgot theirs in the office and they would have lost quite a bit of time running to get it. They had to make several trips to the local hardware store for similar reasons. They borrowed some of my shovels and forgot to return one (unfortunately, my wife's favorite shovel, so that was more painful :-)). The project started on Tuesday and on Friday they left and said they'd be back on Saturday to really finish everything up. Before they left on Friday I called the estimator to complain about the state of things (there was more yard damage even past what we'd discussed earlier in the week, and other issues) and he eventually agreed to a discount. He had the audacity to say to me on the phone that they were losing money because it had taken them more time than they had scheduled despite the fact that the delays were all either on them or beyond their control (like an unexpected breakdown); had they finished in two days, they would have expected me to pay the full amount and not a discounted amount. At any rate, on Saturday we happened to get a brief rain shower and they made a huge mess with ruts everywhere and enough mud covering the entire driveway that it was unusable. They didn't attempt to clean up their mess but left the driveway in that condition. When they left on Saturday, they said and quot;we'll get back here sometime next week to finish the joband quot;. Rain happens, but leaving my driveway in a huge mess was completely unacceptable since we had no timeframe other than and quot;next weekand quot; when they would return. I ended up pressure washing part of the driveway so we could use it. I sent the estimator an email showing the exact state of the job on Saturday and they returned on Tuesday. They pressure washed the entire driveway (that took about three hours, including using my gas for their pressure washer, and not including the two hours I'd spent on Saturday). To be fair, they ended up needing more gas past that and refilled my gas can but they would not have refilled it had they not still run out. On Tuesday they also brought a landscaping machine which basically smoothed out the ruts and the like making it close to ready for us to put sod down. The discount they gave us basically paid for the sod -- they offered to put hay and grass seed down but that was an unacceptable solution given we have a puppy that needed to use the backyard. Their machinery also damaged the gutters on the garage (on both sides of the garage) and the neighbor's fence and Woodford has not, to date, offered to pay for that damage. The parging on the exterior of the house has runs in it from the final finishing work which was not properly done; I am hopeful that those will disappear with time. The goal of paying extra to have the entire wall (re)parged was to avoid having it look like a repair had been done and that goal was not achieved. Parts of the fence were not adequately reinstalled (as examples, the fence posts were neither level or secure and the chain link between fence posts was not reattached to the horizontal support) and when I pointed that out to the guys here they didn't do anything about it; I have since taken some steps to sturdy the fence so my dog can't get out of the backyard. Overall, I would not choose to use Woodford again not because of the quality of the repair (I think the wall will never move again) but because of all the on-going series of issues while the work was going on and those which I've discovered afterwards.

Description of Work
Repair and parging of a basement wall, repair and parging of a detached garage wall, and installation of a new drainage line around the exterior of the house and detached garage to solve drainage issue.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2013

Hi [Member Name Removed], We are sorry about the issues during your installation but glad the wall is fixed and not moving. Please let us know what we can do to win back your buinesses.

12/20/2012

Rosemarie C.

I had troubles getting my generator fixed in the past with another company. They were able to repair it and it is working great. He didn't act like he knew it all. He took his time and made sure it was repaired properly and he stayed until he was confident with the repair. Their price was reasonable. I was very pleased with them.

Description of Work
They fixed my generator.

Category generator service

Work Completed On 12/13/2012

Thanks for the postive review!

09/03/2012

Matthew R.

The work team was very knowledgable and good to work with. The price is approximately 75-100% higher than competition but they were able to start work in timely manner which was necessary for us. The estimator I think purposely underestimates and then attempts change orders during work which I think detracts from the professionalism. This is a practice which has occured on my job and on another that I am personally aware of. Also, the team left the worksite in disarray with empty soda cans and trash as well as construction debris throughout though they also left some good wood so in the end I suppose it evens out.

Description of Work
Repair of beam work in our 19th century barn.

Work Completed On 08/01/2012

Hi [Member Name Removed], Sorry for any confusion on the extent of the job, but without digging into the problem more sometimes there are bigger problems that are hidden. Thanks

07/26/2012

Mike W.

Everyone was easy to work with, very professional and prompt.All work was completed on time. No delays, even with some engineering changes that were necessary.Great people, and very helpful and patient with the FEMA process.

Description of Work
Excavate, remove 20 feet of buckled stone foundation wall. Support the 150 year old brick building above.Replace with concrete block and reinforced footer.

Category masonry, structural engineer, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/29/2012

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!

04/17/2012

Lynn B.

I called them to get an estimate. I was no impressed with their responsiveness. I spoke to someone in person. I gave him the information that I needed and he said that he would have someone call me back. Nobody ever called me. I think it was subcontracted out and he just didn't want to deal with it. They were just not a professional company.

Description of Work
I received a quote from Woodford Bros for my windows.

Category contractors, replacement windows