Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in El Paso, TX
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in El Paso
- Rooter-Man of El PasoThey arrived 30mins early and finished the work fast. Others would did not even want to do the job. Another company charged a crazy amount but they charged a fair amount. Even in the cold and wind they did a super job. I was very happy with work. Highly recommended!!
- Royal Flush Septic Tank Pumping CoMy husband seemed to like them very well because they came out within a couple of days and pumped out our septic. They were prompt, punctual, and did what they said they would do.
- DIRT WORKS EXCAVATION & GRDNGWorking off some rough sketches, Matt and his crew cleared a hillside of trees and cut a highwall and ramp. They spoiled the excess dirt as I had directed, and then permitted and installed a septic system. At the completion of the septic install and inspection, the entire "flat spot" was plated with 1" rock and rolled smooth and level. This made it possible for me to park my RV on-site while working on my other buildings. A professional doing a professional job
- Licensed InstallerWe are builidng a new home outside the city limits. No sewer services are available nd thus we needed to install a septic tank. Mr. Morin guided me through the whole process. I had to obtain documents from the courts before he was able to perfom any work. One document was to prove that I owned this property. As soon as all documents were in place, Mr. Morin began the work and completed this project in a day and a half. He then obtained the inspection, that passed with no problems. This work required digging with large machinery and our backyard was a mess during the process. Mr. Morin, the professional that he is, left our backyard even better than when this work began. He made sure that we were satisfied with the results before he asked for his final payment. I truly recommend Mr. Saul Morin for your septic tank needs
Last update on February 12, 2020
Septic Service Contractors in El Paso, TX
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- Horizon City,
- Sunland Park,
- Santa Teresa,
- San Elizario,
- White Sands,
- Mesilla Park,
- Las Cruces,
- Dona Ana,
- Radium Springs,
- Holloman Air Force Base
Septic Tank Contractors in El Paso, TX
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 1 Call Plumbing & Construction, LLC2205 N. Mesquite St
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
- 1 Call Plumbing & Construction, LLC
- Allied Construction250 Alargo Rd
La Mesa, New Mexico 88044
- Allied Construction
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Rooter-Man of El Paso1900 Victory Ln
Sunland Park, New Mexico 88063
- Rooter-Man of El Paso
Septic tank companies that service El Paso
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.