How do you pick the best leather furniture? Genuine leather and faux leather options offer different perks for price, durability, and comfort. Here's a guide to choosing good leather when decorating your home.
Get matched with top leather repair shops in Chicago, IL
There are 8 highly-rated local leather repair shops.
Matching on Angi
Recent Leather Repair Reviews in Chicago
- TECHNIQUE INCSteve did an absolutely beautiful job, and I couldn't be happier with it! He came to the house (which was so convenient) and his pricing was very reasonable. He was courteous, punctual, professional, and a true craftsman. My ottoman especially had so many cracks and Steve did wonders with it. I will certainly 100% hire him again for any project and I highly recommend his work
- TECHNIQUE INCWhat a beautiful job! After a morning in Steve's hands, our 10 year old furniture looks like it is brand new - it's a "wow" for sure. Steve is very professional and obviously knows what he is doing, and very pleasant as well.
- DuPage Upholstery Inc.Great! The "new" cushions turned out beautifully. We can now enjoy many more years with our sofa and love seat, and didn't need to completely replace our used/useful furniture. A great option when more than simple repairs weren't enough! We appreciate the quick turnaround and professional work we received - will hire again for sure
- HOWARD'S SHOE AND LUGGAGE REPAIRThey fixed the shoes, and they look absolutely amazing. Couldn't be happier. They also went the extra mile to inspect the rest of the shoe to make sure that the heels were stable, and weren't showing any signs of trouble. It's like they are brand new! I can't wait to try them out on the dance floor.
- TECHNIQUE INCSteve is so professional and went to work quickly. He took his time in making sure that the crack was repaired beautifully and that everything was done thoroughly and painstakenly. Before you throw out a piece of old leather furniture, call him. It can be re-claimed and restored to its original luster. I feel like he saved me a lot of money and it is like I have new furniture again. He is an artist
- TECHNIQUE INCLeft a message and it was returned the next day. After describing the damage I was given an oral estimate and scheduled a home visit. They arrived on time and described the work that would be needed to be done to fix the leather. Price was within the range given on the phone. They were able to repair the damage and the furniture looks new
- Without A TraceGREAT EXPERIENCE - BROUGHT IT IN WEDNESDAY SAID IT WOULD BE DONE BY MONDAY AND THEY CALLED FRIDAY TO SAY IT WAS FINISHED. THEY EVEN FOUND MATCHING BUTTONS!
- Quality Auto Reconditioning, Inc.Dropped the car off on Saturday morning and picked it up Monday evening. Very satisfied with the work AZ did - 7 year old car looks brand new. I had a Groupon to use for the detailing, but decided to have the extra repair work done and avoid an insurance claim for damage from an accident. Overall, I'm very happy with the work AZ performed and would definitely use them again
- Covers Unlimited Inc.Over the years I had unfortunately relaxed my rule that the dogs were not ever allowed on the furniture, on the assumption that I could always wipe the leather couch cushions clean. No, I could not: The things absolutely reeked, and after a rather unsuccessful stab at getting them refurbished, I eventually realized I'd either have to replace the whole couch or get new cushions made. I called Covers Unlimited to rescue the situation. I talked with Cary Weinstein, whose first questions spoke volumes about the integrity of the company: Before we went too far into details, he wanted to be sure the couch was solidly built and likely to last a long time. He told me leather upholstery is expensive, because cowhides are expensive, and he didn't want to do a major repair job on a piece of furniture that wasn't going to hold up. Once I described the couch, Cary took on my sad case, and was incredibly flexible and helpful through the process. After we discussed my options, I sent Cary a piece of the leather from one of the cushions, then Cary ordered samples of leather and mailed them to me so I could pick the closest match. I didn't want to schlep all the way down to 18th street, so with Cary's guidance I measured my cushions and the couch, and dropped off an example cushion at his home, which was much closer to where I live. Covers Unlimited created three beautiful cushions within a couple of weeks of their receiving the new cowhides, and I was able to pick them up at Cary's home, again saving me a drive downtown. I have to talk about the workmanship on these things: Even though my couch was an expensive Mitchell Gold couch, the cushions were not reversible--they had a partial fabric backing. Cary explained that that wasn't necessarily a sign of cheapness, but that it was to allow air to flow out when the cushions were compressed. But he also told me he could make reversible cushions that accomplished the same thing. So now I have cushions I can flip over! I also noticed that one corner of each of the new cushions wasn't exactly square, but rather kind of curved into a little point. I thought this was weird, until I put the cushions on the couch and realized that those little points curved back and fit precisely into the corners of the couch, accommodating the slight outward curve of the couch back. Everything fits together snugly, with no gaps. I had also asked that the cushions be very firm, since I'm not comfortable sinking into upholstered furniture. Cary made sure the foam he used was extra firm, so there's a wonderful tautness to the seat. Cary bent over backwards to make this process convenient for me, he was willing (and able!) to answer all my questions, he was unfailingly pleasant to work with (his wife is nice, too!), and he did a fantastic job constructing flawless, perfectly-fitting, gorgeous cushions. My couch is good for at least another fifteen years--so though this job wasn't cheap, in the long run it saved me thousands of dollars by letting me keep the couch I love instead of trying to replace it. Oh, yeah, the dogs are not allowed on the couch anymore. :-
- MONT CLARE SHOE REPAIRFrank and Joe are wonderful, and obviously skilled at their work. This purse was incredibly shabby and worn, and covered in stains. They did an excellent job breathing life back into it. Frank was sorry that he didn't get absolutely all the stains out, so he lowered his original estimate. That never happens, does it? Wonderful experience. I've found my new shoe and leather repair shop
Last update on October 23, 2019
Leather Repair Specialist in Chicago
Explore our Solution Center for helpful leather repair articles
Leather couches can obtain unsightly scratches, particularly from our furry friends. Follow this guide and learn how to fix scratches on a leather couch on your own.
It can be tricky to decide between reupholstering an old piece of furniture and buying something new. Learn how to make the right choice for you in this comparison guide.
Find leather repair shops in
leather repair shops in Chicago
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ANCOR PROFESSIONAL UPHOLSTERY4514 S WESTERN AVE
Chicago, Illinois 60609
- Covers Unlimited Inc.329 W 18th St Ste 406
Chicago, Illinois 60616
- NEW LIFE SERVICE CO3553 N MILWAUKEE
- THE LEATHER SOLUTION6612 W IRVING PARK RD
Chicago, Illinois 60634
- WEBER FURNITURE SERVICE LLC5915 N RAVENSWOOD AVE
Chicago, Illinois 60660
- ANCOR PROFESSIONAL UPHOLSTERY
- aarco industries inc904 britta ln
Geneva, Illinois 60134
- aarco industries inc
- Creative Colors International Inc19015 S Jodi Rd Ste E
Mokena, Illinois 60448
- Creative Colors International Inc
- DuPage Upholstery Inc.53 S. Villa Ave.
Villa Park, Illinois 60181
- DuPage Upholstery Inc.
- Furniture Medic by Vanderzee607 A Country Club Dr
BENSENVILLE, Illinois 60106
- Furniture Medic by Vanderzee
- Ivan Handyman906 N 18th Ave
Melrose Park, Illinois 60160
- Ivan Handyman
- LEATHER MASTERS1447 E 86th Pl
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
- LEATHER MASTERS
- Universal Upholstering Inc853 W Dundee Rd
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
- Universal Upholstering Inc