Chimney caps and sealing will help protect your chimney from debris, critters, and water damage. We go over your cost to seal a chimney and add a cap here.
Get matched with top chimney cap repairs in Birmingham, AL
There are 5 highly-rated local chimney cap repairs.
Matching on Angi
Recent Chimney Cap Repair Reviews in Birmingham
- Gray's Tree ServiceWish I could give these folks a double A! The only issue I had was in getting an estimator out to provide an estimate. Gray's was REALLY busy and the estimator was leaving messages at the wrong number. Everything got solved and again, while it took some time to actually get a crew out to remove some trees, when they did arrive they did an absolutely outstanding job. I had 3 different crews out - one to cut, one to haul away and a crew that totally restored the look of my driveway where trees were stacked. My neighbor even decided to have a tree cut down while I had a crew here! I had one huge dead pine and a huge live pine removed and 5 other dead or dying hardwoods removed. Folks - please note Gray's is a busy and professional company - and I totally confirm they are worth the wait. Each member of Gray's from Nancy in the office, to the estimator, and each crew member are hard working, polite and professional. One just cannot go wrong with doing business with Gray's. This is my second contract with Gray's, my in-laws use Gray's as does my daughter for their tree cutting and removal needs
- Blair ExteriorsI was very pleased with this project. Dan Aycock was easy to deal with and grasped immediately the scope of my work and how I wanted it done. To a man the Blair crews were professional, easy to deal with, and conscientious. They came to work as scheduled and were punctual. In fact I felt that they approached the work as though it was a personal project, especially the carpentry crew
- Blair ExteriorsWhen my husband and I decided to have a new metal roof, windows and siding put on our house, we obtained two estimates. Both estimates were extremely different – the way the work was to be performed – the quality of the materials to be used, the price, etc. After talking to both contractors, my husband was most impressed by Bo Brewster with Blair Building and Remodeling. The way he explained how the work would be performed, and the materials they would use. I took the estimates to work and asked our Facilities Manager to take a look at them. (He manages everything from getting bids on new construction to repairs of all types of older buildings on more than 30 branches in Alabama, Florida & Georgia.) We were already leaning toward Blair and he said that he’d go with them based on their Angie’s List A Rating, the online reputation of Wincore windows and the way they were going to do the work, i.e. on the siding they would cut away the old rotten parts of wood and Masonite siding, put plywood where it had been, then cover that with P/4 insulation and install the siding over that. The other contractor was going to wrap the house and install the siding over the wrap. The contractors that came to our house were nice and professional. The window and siding contractor even came out to the house on Sunday before Christmas to pick up around the house. They did things I did not expect. They covered up the wooden part of our front door which is metal with two metal sidelights but had two 4” x 4” boards in the front and one of them had been chewed up quite a bit by our dogs. They also covered the garage door facings. The price on the estimate/contract is the price we paid for the work. There were no unexpected surprises. The work did take a little longer than expected with all the rain and the Holidays. We were OK with the length of time it took. I think they did an excellent job. Our house looks great and we’ve received many compliments on it. We would definitely use them again
- Blair ExteriorsIt was superb, A+, great work. I'm going to have them look at doing another addition that I'm working on. It's for inclusion of a garage, they'll going to come and see me in April for them working on that. What stands out is their quality, the workmanship and professionalism. I was absolutely blown away by the cleanliness of the job site considering they took off an old existing roof and put a new one on. They got almost everyone of the nail out of they yard. The appearance of the workers are clean and overall is a great experience. They got in and out in about 2 days and it was for a 3 day job
- Blair ExteriorsIt went great! We originally had asked for estimates on some windows, too, but had to defer that. However, we did go ahead with the leaking skylights. They showed up on time, did a very professional job of installation, and completely cleaned up after themselves. The same was true of the chimney cap repaired. The guy noticed that we had a squirrel's nest in there and promised that after we had the chimney cleaned, they would also install some sort of animal guard to help prevent that in the future. There were no additional costs and absolutely no problems. They did an excellent job. I am pleased to also say that after several rains, there have been no leaks with the skylights. Several roofers turned us down for an estimate when I mentioned leaking skylights, but this is apparently one of Blair's specialties
- Black Widow Chimney Sweep, LLCThey showed up at exactly the time they said they would and cleaned a chimney that probably hadn't been serviced in decades. Two building inspectors had noted that it was one of the worst creosote buildups they had seen. Took them less than 2 hours and they left no mess at all. Will hire again.
- Clean Sweep Chimney Svc IncI found Clean Sweep super easy to do business with. I wanted to put a chimney cap on my furnace flue. Some of the other vendors I talked to wanted to turn it into a complicated, expensive process. With Clean Sweep I was able to to discuss the project with a couple of e-mails and we were good to go. Not having used them before I was a little nervous about what to expect but the whole experience was handled professionally, quickly and at an affordable price. The cap itself looked to be of the highest quality and the service technician was friendly and conscientious. I was very happy with the end result
- Clean Sweep Chimney Svc IncCap installation was great. I wouldn't consider it a very thorough inspection, they just looked inside with a flashlight and said all good.
- The Mad HatterIt went very well! They got to my house before me, and they were already working on putting the mesh on the chimney cap! Took them about 15-20 minutes to install the canopy for my fireplace. Very professional, courteous, and respectful of my time!
- Clean Sweep Chimney Svc IncCalled them out as we bought a new home with a fireplace and never have had a fireplace place and wanted it inspected and cleaned and any maintenance done before use. We thought from our home inspection that a some maintenance would be needed and most likely cleaned. The company was professional and informative and inspected everything thoroughly along with telling usage information and not charging for a cleaning or anything else when I would have paid for it gladly if needed. They were honest, timely, informative, licensed and I will/would use them again. They are firefighters who seem to want to keep people safe and although the wait for an appointment availability took a few weeks I would say if at all possible wait for these people if you can! Do call before the season starts then waiting for their availability will not be an issue. Do tell them to call you beforehand they did this as showed up promptly, not waiting around at all like other times. Do have questions ready if you want to ask them they were more than glad to answer any questions asked Do get them to offer you a second opinion on any "work" that needs to be done by other companies they were honest when they could have not been and made more money on unnecessary procedures
Chimney Cap Contractors in Birmingham
- Business Description:North Alabama Builders was established in 1989. Owner, Brent Davis, has 20 years experience in the construction industry. North Alabama Builders is a family owned and operated company providing personal services based on individual needs. Our goal is to meet your expectations in quality and workmanshipRecent Review:We were so fortunate to find North Alabama Builders! Brent, Patrick & Misty were awesome they kept us informed every step of the way. We felt comfortable with Brent & Misty on day one when they came to look at the job we wanted done (which was not a easy task). Brent was extremely cautious since the job was vaulting our ceiling he brought a Engineer out 3 times to make sure it could be done properly before he accepted the job. Of course, it was not the greatest thing living thru a remodel but Brent and Patrick kept the job site clean each day! They were very respectful our home and once the job was complete they did a complete cleanup. We couldn't be happier with the way our project looks! Thank you North Alabama BuildersTammy J.
- Business Description:chimney sweep, heating & a/cRecent Review:After getting quotes from 7 different companies, and researching the reviews online, I finally settled on The Mad Hatter Inc to do the duct cleaning in my house in Vestavia Hills. I liked the reviews I read, and felt that their price was very fair. This company has Duct Cleaning as its primary job whereas some of the other companies do mainly AC/ Heating work, but do the Duct Cleaning as a side (and they quoted exorbitant price). Two nice gentlemen from the Mad Hatter showed up promptly at my Front Door at 8:40AM on Sept 20th. They were very polite. First they looked through each room and the location of the vent, and the garage where the Central AC/Furnace is located. They did a thorough job in cleaning each of the air ducts (both vents and inlets). As they were about to leave, I learnt that they were brothers, and their names were Terry Hill and Lee Hill. It turned out that Terry Hill is the owner of the Mad Hatter Inc company ! I am very pleased with the job they did, and recommend The Mad Hatter Inc company for Duct Cleaning wholeheartedlyRama K.
- Business Description:Professional Chimney Sweep Services, Servicing from Tallahassee to New Orleans. Providing great in home customer service the chimney industry has ever seen was the reason why ARC Chimney Sweeps was founded. We not only have a grueling interview process and hire only the best candidates, but we believe that our technicians go above and beyond all expectations. We believe in the philosophy that it's easier to train a nice person to be good at chimney’s than a person that’s good at chimneys to b..Recent Review:First they are booked out for 3 months and if you need quick repair, this is not it. I could wait so I used them. I had them put a blank on my chimney and tell me where water was coming in. they did a water test and said it is coming in brick. Wanted me to pay an additional $2100 to waterseal it!! I paid $250 for 5 gallons of the best on market and did it myself in 4 hours. They admitted the seal they used would have to be done again every 5 years. These guys are experts but the cost is crazy..I paid $1275 for 2 hours of work and a cap that probably cost them $300Mike P.
- Business Description:We specialize in asphalt shingle roofing – single family homes, apartment complexes, churches, and light commercial buildings. 15 Years experience in the tree service, Senor Citizen Discount, We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex. Additional address - 2191 Montevallo Rd, SW Birmingham, AL 35211. Additional DBA - Gray's Roofing and Tree Service, Grays Tree Service LLC, GAGB LLC. Additional phone - (205) 945-2006Recent Review:Wish I could give these folks a double A! The only issue I had was in getting an estimator out to provide an estimate. Gray's was REALLY busy and the estimator was leaving messages at the wrong number. Everything got solved and again, while it took some time to actually get a crew out to remove some trees, when they did arrive they did an absolutely outstanding job. I had 3 different crews out - one to cut, one to haul away and a crew that totally restored the look of my driveway where trees were stacked. My neighbor even decided to have a tree cut down while I had a crew here! I had one huge dead pine and a huge live pine removed and 5 other dead or dying hardwoods removed. Folks - please note Gray's is a busy and professional company - and I totally confirm they are worth the wait. Each member of Gray's from Nancy in the office, to the estimator, and each crew member are hard working, polite and professional. One just cannot go wrong with doing business with Gray's. This is my second contract with Gray's, my in-laws use Gray's as does my daughter for their tree cutting and removal needsBruce M.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:I hired Matthew based upon other reviewers' impressive reviews, and satisfaction of how well Matthew was able to teach their child. Others have stated how well Matthew was able to teach younger children successfully by identifying specific needs, and communicating in a way a younger person can understand the best. I agree. After spending many sessions with my 15 year old daughter, I saw that Matthew has the ability to identify specific needs quickly, communicate effectively towards the student's needs, and is passionate of the student's success. I enjoyed watching my daughter, Hannah, work together with Matthew. He really brought new confidence to Hannah, and was passionate about her succeeding. Although this year's tennis season is coming to a close soon, my daughter and I would like to continue sessions next season. Thank you very much MatthewJustin T.
- Business Description:Complete residential and commercial heating and cooling service and sales including Geo Thermal systems, sheet metal fabrication, grease hood installation, grease duct fabrication and attic insulation. Proud member of the TVA Energy RIght Partners programRecent Review:The tech was very friendly and knowledgeable of his craft arrived on time and worked very fast and efficiently. The staff when you call to set up an appointment was very helpful and nice and listened to exactly what I needed met all my expectations and then some would recommend to anyone and everyoneAdam M.
- Business Description:We are a small, family owned and operated business.Recent Review:Cameron with Black Widow came out to hook up our gas range in an old property. He ran a completely new line for us and helped us get our range completely installed. Was a very honest, hard-worker that effectively communicated with us throughout the entire process. The price was also very fair - will be sure to use again and would recommend to anyoneAlinea E.
- Business Description:Blair Exteriors has been helping Alabama homeowners make home improvement projects, additions, and upgrades hassle free since 1965. Over the years we’ve been dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional service, superior craftsmanship, and outstanding warranties. Our mission is to exceed our customer’s expectations with highly trained, caring, and detail oriented professionals that get the job done correctly the first time. Blair Remodeling is as a GAF Factory Certified Master Elite ..Recent Review:I worked with Cole Jones in getting a quote for our roof. Cole was responsive, on time, and thorough with his appointment, inspection and sitting down with us about the condition of the roof and options for a roof replacement. Sandy followed up with scheduling the roof replacement and all the paperwork which was in fantastic order. Blair showed up on the job, arranged for good weather (just kidding) and did what they said they would do when they said they would do. The knowledge, expertise and quality was evident at the end and we are very satisfied with our roof. It has been four months and not a single leak and they also replaced our gutters. It was a pleasure working with themGreg R.
- Business Description:Locally owned and operated by firefighters. We are CSIA certified as well as NFI gas certified. Additional address - PO Box 326, Hayden, AL 35079-0326.Recent Review:Very professional inspection with explanation of all details of findings. The home was a recent purchase and had been vacant for quite a while. It is also an older home. It made me feel very reassured that it was inspected so well by a fireman. I will recommend to all of my friends. I also had questions weeks after the service. They were able to pull my records and give me detailed information of findings that answered what i needed to know. Great service! <br /Jana T.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:I live in Vancouver, BC and the company is based in Houston, TX so a degree of trust is necessary before any order is placed. In my case the awning was sent via truck freight and a large metal-clad crate arrived, seemingly intact. Not immediately apparent when the goods were received was the fact that a fork lift had penetrated the base of the crate and crushed the canopy beyond repair. When I attempted to claim damage insurance from the shipper they sent out a damage inspector and I thought everything was on-track. To my amazement, the freight company declined responsibility for the damage and refused to pay any part of the claim. At this point James Threadgill of Classic Copper Works stepped in to offer a full replacement of the damaged item at no cost to me. I have now received the replacement item (this time sent by FedEx rather than the dodgy truck freight firm) and it is perfect. Classic Copper Works certainly did not make a profit on this transaction but they earned my respect. ThanksGarry C.
Deals in Birmingham for Chimney Caps
Explore our Solution Center for helpful chimney cap contractor articles
A chimney cap provides your home with several benefits, such as preventing outdoor elements from getting inside. By installing a chimney cap, you will not only equip your home with added protection, but you’ll save on costly repairs.
The cost to install or replace a liner depends on the height & diameter of your flue, how many units are connected to it, the material you choose & insulation.
Find chimney cap repairs in
chimney cap repairs in Birmingham
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Davis Industries Inc.PO Box 45
Vandiver, Alabama 35176
- Davis Industries Inc.
- HOME DEPOT7001 CRESTWOOD BLVD
Birmingham, Alabama 35210
- HOME DEPOT
- Old Time Chimney Sweep3080 Teresa Drive
Birmingham, Alabama 35217
- Old Time Chimney Sweep
- Quick Fix Home Repair9 Dogwood Trail
Alabaster, Alabama 35007
- Quick Fix Home Repair
- S & H Company Inc/RoofingPO Box 1030
Moody, Alabama 35004
- Southern Fireplaces Homewood LLC2718 19th Place South
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
- Standard Air, Plumbing & Insulation528 8th St S
Birmingham, Alabama 35233
- Streamline Home ServicesPO Box 43662
Birmingham, Alabama 35243
- Superior Roofing And Remodeling LLC8196 Russell Drive
McCalla, Alabama 35111
- S & H Company Inc/Roofing
- The Mad Hatter2100 Rocky Ridge
Birmingham, Alabama 35216
- The Mad Hatter