Blair Exteriors

Founded 1965 • With Angi since June 2006

4 West Oxmoor Road

Birmingham, AL 35209

Blair Exteriors has been helping Alabama homeowners make home improvement projects, additions, and upgrades hassle free since 1965. Over the years we’ve been dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional service, superior craftsmanship, and outstanding warranties. Our mission is to exceed our customer’s expectations with highly trained, caring, and detail oriented professionals that get the job done correctly the first time. Blair Remodeling is as a GAF Factory Certified Master Elite Contractor, Owens Corning Preferred Contractor, Simonton Factory Trained Preferred Installer, and Certainteed 5-star Contractor. Blair is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating, the National Roofing Contractors Association, and the Greater Birmingham Association of Homebuilders. Additional contact names - Denise Blair, Don Blair, Craig Blair, Dan Aycock, Russell Roper, Kyle Acker, and, Mickey Acker. Additional email - breel@blairremodeling.com. Additional DBA - Blair Siding Windows Roofing. Award winning. Additional phones - (205) 967-2296, (205) 940-9499. Uses subcontractors for electrical services....

09/19/2022

Sam L.

Blair Exteriors replaced several wooden windows in my 80 year old home with Wincore vinyl windows and did a phenomenal job. The crew arrived on time, got the job done in a reasonable amount of time and then cleaned up after themselves. The windows and trim look great. Further, the price I was invoiced for at the end of the job was exactly what was quoted to me at the outset of the project. I am planning to replace the rest of the windows next year and will definitely be using Blair again.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

02/20/2020

Greg R.

I worked with Cole Jones in getting a quote for our roof. Cole was responsive, on time, and thorough with his appointment, inspection and sitting down with us about the condition of the roof and options for a roof replacement. Sandy followed up with scheduling the roof replacement and all the paperwork which was in fantastic order. Blair showed up on the job, arranged for good weather (just kidding) and did what they said they would do when they said they would do. The knowledge, expertise and quality was evident at the end and we are very satisfied with our roof. It has been four months and not a single leak and they also replaced our gutters. It was a pleasure working with them.

Description of Work
Replace roof and gutters.

12/09/2019

Angelia W.

roofers were fine roof does look better communication was non existent never knew when someone was coming or going nor what was happening. carpenters were terrible do not do their job, held up the job did not complete the job left early. awful!

Description of Work
complete new roof including decking

08/25/2019

James W.

Blair Remodeling replaced 26 of my old wooden double hung windows with Wincore vinyl windows. I first met with Craig Blair on April. He gave me a quote that same day. He was very patient and was definitely not in a hurry to leave, even though it was late in the day. He answered all of my questions. After I thought about it for a while he came back another afternoon to answer more questions and show the demo window unit to my wife. Again, very patient and in no hurry to be anywhere. Made down payment in April. He said they would install in early June. That is exactly what happened. The install took only three days. They started on a Wednesday and finished on a Friday. The install crew consisted of three guys. They were extremely polite and cleaned up their mess each day. There was only one major issue. There were streaks and smudges on every window. It looked like some kind of sealant that was not cleaned off during the manufacturing process. I met with the lead installer on Friday morning and pointed this out to him and asked that he clean the windows. He was very condescending and obviously did not want to clean the windows. He said he would but I knew he would not. I went back to work (my wife was home but said she would not enforce the window cleaning) The project was finished when I got home Friday afternoon. The windows looked great but . . . You guessed it. There were still streaks and smudges on all the windows. Not wanting to be a pain, I tried cleaning the windows myself. The sealant was very difficult to remove. It would not come off with glass cleaner alone. I decided this should definitely be Blair’s responsibility. I asked for a meeting with Criag Blair. We met the following week. He was very polite and patient. He agreed to have the windows cleaned and address a few other minor issues. It took a while, and to be fair, I was out of town for a week but we finally coordinated on having the windows cleaned. The crew that did the installation came back out. They came while I was at work. My wife was home but declined to be the inspector. They finished cleaning about 3 PM. They waited for me to get home at 4:30. We walked around and inspected all 26 windows. There were a few touch ups but for the most part they did a good job. In summary, I was very pleased and satisfied with the entire process. I will definitely use Blair Remodeling in for any future projects. Craig Blair is the best. I totally trust him and I know that he will do whatever is necessary to make sure I am satisfied. Hopefully, Blair will add cleaning the windows to their standard installation procedure.

Description of Work
26 vinyl replacement windows

06/26/2019

Richard G.

Blair started out as professional, knowledgeable and up to the work at hand. After completion of the work, we ran into issues of water flowing over gutter guards during any heavy rain. My gutters were functioning properly until Blair did their work. Tried to reach a reasonable solution with Blair in terms of what should have been done to correct the problem as advised by a gutter installation company, but Blair advised they had done all they were going to do, and would not do anymore. As I have paid them in full, I have no recourse. Not happy with the final outcome.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for addressing your concerns. I apologize that this experience hasn't been 100% great. The Blair team has inspected the roof and gutter guards and the issue is the 5 inch gutters which we did not install.. The Blair team also provided you with gutter screens to help with your issues. We talked with the gutter installation group as well and they said you needed 6 inch gutters, which is what they quoted you before you chose 5 inch gutters. The new roof did not cause any issues with the gutters. I hope you can upgrade to the larger gutters soon to eliminate your issues.

01/30/2019

Gary W.

The guys at Blair went far beyond the call of duty to fix my roofing problems in time to sell my house. They diagnosed the problem, found an economical solution, then did exactly what they said they would do. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair a roof leak.

01/24/2019

Richard L.

It went as expected. Have used this contractor before and was well pleased

Description of Work
repaired and re-roofed screen porch

Category decks, roofing

12/19/2018

Manabendra D.

Very good job. Very happy. Will used them again.

Description of Work
repair the roof. And built a sun room.

Category roofing, doors

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you. We are here for your next project!

12/18/2018

Lynn A.

They did a great job and they even fixed things we didn't ask for. We would highly recommend them and we would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They put on a new roof and increased attic ventilation. They replaced rotted wood on our old home. They also covered a window with sheet rock and siding and built a structure over the door with a small roof and light fixture.

Category contractors, roofing, doors

10/01/2018

Joanne R.

My roof looks great! The installers did a wonderful job. Everything was seamless, would use again!

Description of Work
New roof on house.

10/03/2017

Andy Y.

Not well! I left numerous messages. Never would return my calls not good business. I'm a real estate investor that needs contractors for numerous projects. Especially when estimating on a buy and rehab. I always return my messages!

Description of Work
Major renovation to tri level house in Homewwod.

Category remodeling

Member, I apologize on behalf of our team here at Blair. We strive to provide anyone who calls our office with prompt and professional service, and we obviously did not live up to our standards when you called. We recently reorganized staff responsibilities and your feedback greatly helps us to gauge our performance. I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review as it will help us to better serve our customers! Everyone at Blair is trained to provide our customers with exceptional communication, so I plan to use your review as a teaching opportunity to make sure your experience is never repeated.

07/14/2017

Jan H.

I had a good response and good results. We check pricing so I imagine that their pricing was pretty competitive.

Description of Work
They replaced several windows in the rear of the house.

05/15/2017

David P.

It was a challenge because our windows were all quite old and different sizes and shapes. They were very professional, they explained the entire process, and generally did a great job.

Description of Work
Window replacement

03/03/2017

Teri C.

Was told they don't really do repairs so I said I would call someone else.

Description of Work
Was looking for someone to repair a damaged area but was told they don't do repairs. I thought maybe I read their advertisement wrong but it clearly states repairs there. Probably good if this was removed or more specific so people looking for a service don't waste their time calling.

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/27/2016

Charles W.

I called the office on, I think Tuesday May 31 and arranged for someone to look at the job on Friday, June 3. He arrived on the dot of time, looked at the soffits, and said he would drop an estimate by. When I returned home later that day a very professional-looking estimate, placed in a vinyl notebook, had been left on my porch. It contained a glossy two-page promo about Blair, a copy of their Certificate of Insurance, License, and references. It also contained a proposal for $3895.00 to install 265 feet of Vinyl Soffit and replace 75 feet of guttering. When I called the workman who had performed the assessment and made the proposal, I told him I only needed about 24 feet of soffit repair, although the gutter portion ($450) sounded good. He said he understood, and would contact a carpenter and get back with me. That was June 3, 2016, and as of today, December 27, 2016, I've not been contacted by Blair. I presume the job was too small for them to consider. I subsequently did get hold of someone who came out, and rehung the gutters, which were not pitched right. He put in and painted new sections of soffit, also installing vents where there had been none. He showed me that no drip edge had been installed, which was fundamentally why the soffits rotted. He replaced fascia board that had rotted near the rotted soffits. He added two additional downspouts to handle the volume of water coming down in a heavy rain. All work was completed within two weeks, and cost $1500. Overall - I think Blair is probably a good company for someone who has a job big enough for them to consider. They did not work out for me. I don't see anything wrong with them having a minimum size job, I just think they should be straightforward if that is so.

Description of Work
I needed repair of two sections of soffit boards that were rotted, and assessment of gutters that weren't draining well.

Category gutter repair, roofing

11/24/2016

Lisa R.

He said he would call back in about a week to come out with an estimate. That was 10/28/16. Today is 11/24/16. Haven't heard from him since.

Description of Work
Jay came out and was told we wanted our fireplace completely out, our sunken living room raised to the level of the rest of the house, living room and hall ceiling painted, new flooring in living room, kitchen, and hallway, two new doors and a storm door installed, two new windows installed and some caulking done.

Category remodeling

10/13/2016

John G.

After a bit of a hiccup at the start the owner, Billy, got involved and everything went extremely smooth afterwards. The work was done by Dave and his crew. Dave is a very easy guy to deal with, has good ideas/suggestions and was very punctual. He and his crew cleaned up daily and would give me updates on what they expected to get done the next day. This job took a few more days than they expected but I never got the impression they were trying to rush to get through. The final work looks great and was done exactly as we discussed before the project started. I am very pleased with my deck and have already gotten many compliments on it's appearance from recent guests. I have no complaints to share and would use Blair again.

Description of Work
Installation of DecTec (protective waterproof membrane) over my existing deck, stairs and landing. This job included extensive detail work and a good bit of flashing against the house.

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking, sunrooms

09/19/2016

Jim W.

The Blair rep came out to evaluate the job for estimating purposes on a Friday. He said I would have the estimate by Monday or Tuesday. I followed up twice with the sales rep the following week leaving voice messages and once with the office the next week to see when I would receive their estimate. The sales rep never returned my call and the office said they would check in to it and have him call me. It has been over a month now and I never received an estimate, nor did I receive a call telling me they were either not interested or unavailable to do the work. The other company I called on Angie's List (ANDY OnCall) came out as they promised and provided an estimate as they promised.

Description of Work
Repair rotten wood on box ends and soffit, and rotten wood around chimney. Rotten window replacement.

Category egress windows, chimney repair, woodworking

09/13/2016

Jerry H.

I was very pleased with this project. Dan Aycock was easy to deal with and grasped immediately the scope of my work and how I wanted it done. To a man the Blair crews were professional, easy to deal with, and conscientious. They came to work as scheduled and were punctual. In fact I felt that they approached the work as though it was a personal project, especially the carpentry crew.

Description of Work
Siding replacement, porch and deck refurbishment, outside painting

Category decks, screen repair, siding, chimney caps, chimney repair, woodworking, house painters

09/12/2016

John G.

The estimate process went well: courteous and helpful in our decision making process. However, the cost was above our budget, so we went with painting the house.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for vinyl siding on my home.

Category roofing, siding

08/22/2016

John R.

No go. They wouldn't quote. A rep did call on Monday, after I put in the info on Sunday, so a good quick response. A bit disappointing, I don't know if it's Angie's Lists' fault or what, but I input I needed an electrician, and their name popped up. They need to put something in their description that there is a job $ minimum and what that minimum is.

Description of Work
I needed whole house electrical work. I needed new outlets everywhere, rewiring, new switches, new panel upgrade, ceiling fans installed, lights installed, etc. My job was "too small". They wouldn't quote.

Category electrician

07/16/2016

joe M.

Blair provided all the options and pricing of replacing the roof. No pressure sales tactic, None, period. Ben Watson was the estimator and sales rep for Blair. The installation crew was on time and efficient. The critical part of the installation was the supervisor Mickey Acker. Mikey treated my home like it was his own. He made sure his crew protected the shrubs, gutters, and removed all debris. He was vigilant with the details and remained onsite during the job. The one exception Mickey needed to leave for half a day and Ben Watson showed up to supervise the rest of the day. The completed project exceeded my expectations. New drip edge, new deck armor, storm guard leak barrier at eaves,roof flashing, and penetrations, new cobra attic vents, new lifetime pipe flashing, and painted exposed vents and pipes to match roof. The material was all GAF. Excellent Job!!

Description of Work
Tear off old roof, install new GAF roof system

11/24/2015

Lawrence H.

The job went very smoothly. These are very nice people and hard-working. How did it go? This quote was $8,800 for nine window replacements. My usual contractor, who I have been happy with their quality of work, quoted $14,400 for this job.

Description of Work
Blair pulled out our 19 year-old front windows that were made of wood and had some rotten wood areas. They installed nine windows that were made of plastic composite material that should last a very long time. The finished job looked terrific and beautiful. We were very satisfied with Blair and certainly will have them quote any jobs in the future. Yes, the job was completed as contracted for.

Category roofing, replacement windows, woodworking

09/09/2015

Reed W.

The overall service from Blair Remodeling was excellent. They did excellent work, were very professional and the cost was below other quotes I received. They delivered everything they promised, and were flexible to add additional things in the middle of the project. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced all fascia boards and gutters. Also painted and repaired some soffits.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking

09/07/2015

David R.

It took about a 1-2 weeks to get on their schedule - not unusual. Once they came and assessed the situation, they sent a proposal. After we accepted the proposal it was about a week or so before the work started. After they were finished, about 10 days, I invited them to come back and review the work. They were pleased. A bill was emailed and was less than the estimate, as they were able to use the existing tile holders. They also took out all the old lighting and replaced it recessed indoor flood lights. All this was complicated by the fact that the ceiling is a dropped ceiling - since this was a cement basement all the wiring and duct work had to be worked around. They did a magnificent job. My wife and I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Replaced entire ceiling tile and lighting for our basement - that included a playroom, bathroom, and two bedrooms.

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, roofing, doors