Glass block walls are having a resurgence in home-design popularity. If you’re building a curved wall using glass blocks, follow these tips for success.
Get matched with top glass block installers in Austin, TX
There are 4 highly-rated local glass block installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Glass Block Reviews in Austin
- Home Sweet Home ImprovementHe did such a beautiful job and was so dependable with my Houston home in 2008, I commissioned Mr. Garcia to modify my new Austin home in November, 2010. Due to the fact that Mr. Garcia has a lot of pride in his work, he typically has one job going at a time so he was very available to answer all questions, plus he oversees his crew to make sure they are performing to his high standards. With my short timeframe for the Austin job, he had up to 15 people working here at the house that he had to supervise. I consider Mr. Garcia to be a master craftsman and someone I can depend on for various handyman-type issues, too. His daugher lives in Austin so he is trying to enlarge his customer base to this beautiful area. Check out his website:www.homesweethome-improvement.com
- SUPERIOR GLASS BLOCK & MORE, INCKurt, the owner came out to give the estimate. He was very nice and courteous. I was impressed with the quality of his glass block. He uses corning, American made glass block. Kurt and his crew arrived promptly and completed the job in two hours. They did an excellent job. They all were polite and hard workers. They removed all of the old windows and replaced them with the glass block. They cleaned everything up and left no debris. Kurt, the owner worked right along with his crew. He does not use subcontractors. They use white mortar which makes the windows look great. Superior glass block was recommended by another reputable company from Angie's list. I would recommend Superior glass block , because they are. Again, it is important to me that the glass block is made in USA. We need to support companies who support American made products
- Jon Nuckels TileHe did a fantastic job and was very professional. He came out and gave us a quote and completed the job on time and on budget. We will be using him again when we complete our guest bathroom remodel.
- Jon Nuckels TileJon's service must be in much demand as we had to schedule him several months in advance. However, he updated us on his status by phone or email. He and his crew installed several types of travertine tile throughout our home. Jom also removed the bathtub in our MBR and installed wall and floor tiles to create a very nice walk-in shower without a threshold. Overall, Jon and his crew were professional and very helpful. The cuts and grout lines were very precise. Several weeks after the completion, Jon returned to check on the work. This review was written over a year after the job completed and it has held up well. It was definitely worth the wait to hire this company
- WDRP Home RepairsWe were getting a lot of water in a bathroom and one of our bedrooms during heavy rains. We suspected the problem was with a brick glass window in the bathroom. We intended to remodel that wall of the bathroom to replace the large brick glass window with a more traditional window. Dennis advised that we keep the window, as it is a unique feature of our house. He instead proposed doing some cement work, and caulking in the places he identified a places the water could be getting in. We went with his suggestions, and are pleased with the results. His suggestions saved us a lot of money
- Danny's Flooring & RemodelingI needed to make repairs to the house keeping in mind that I wanted to place the house on the market within the next 2 years. I wanted to redo the floors and needed a new roof. I talked to other contractors and Danny was more patient answering all my questions and provided more detail and information on materials and always keeping in mind my plans to sell. He also provided designing ideas. Danny created a beautiful floor tile design in the dining room and the entry way. I'm so happy with his work. He told me he has 20 years experience and I can see that in the workmanship. He also saved me $2,000. I'll be calling him back to do my kitchen countertops. We've looked at materials and he has helped me pick out the colors and what would work best in my kitchen. May not want to sell now! I do get to enjoy it all for at least a couple of years
- Rick Bailey ConstructionOverall, the experience was excellent. Rick is very professional: We started with an itemized estimate and every week he would give us an update when we paid him. His crew was especially a bonus; if you hire him ask for Manuel Brunet for carpentry and tile work. Rick finished the job before the deadline and on target on cost. He was willing to look for plumbing supplies to make the shower ensemble we chose work, he shopped for good deals on the glass bricks and fan and light combination
- FIEDLER ON THE ROOFNot sure where to start, 'cuz it's a fairly long story. ;-and gt; Ed's done several projects for us over the years, including remodeling our kitchen and bath, helping us build out our breezeway, building a cute little custom chicken shed that everyone comments on. He's bright, very handy with most things, very personable, fair minded, and trustworthy. Would use him again, as well as have him and his family over for dinner! ;-and gt
- ANCHOR VENTANA GLASSNice salesperson. Seemed to know what she was talking about. Waited for over a week for them to get bricks and frame. Frame came in bent, so another 5-6 business day delay. Frame came in and we scheduled another install. Crew arrived punctually. Put frame into previous window's opening. Didn't fit, so they said the carpenter framed the hole wrong, plus he hadn't wrapped it in plastic sheeting. It was something the salesperson was supposed to tell us, but didn't. She also didn't tell us that the install team needs like 1/4" excess to fiddle with the brick to make it plumb. Carpenter dropped everything, got his crew out to my house and enlarged the opening by 1/4". Anchor Ventana's people came back, put frame in, started laying the bricks and found out the frame was too big for them. Therefore, it was the fault of Anchor Ventana (hereafter AV). The AV guy took the frame apart and sawed off the frame. He reinstalled it and it was then 1/8" too small. He wanted to just spread the frame out and go ahead and do the job. We said no. AV called their supplier, who told them it would be 5-6 business days. I called the office asking for the supervisor (unavailable), the GM (unavailable) and the owner (they refused to even give me his name). SO I called the President of the manufacturer in Minnesota. He said he didn't make the frames and sent me to a company in Houston. I got the President, told him how his product was messing up my project completion. He immediately offered to overnight a replacement - AS SOON AS THEY GOT AN ORDER. That's right, AV told me the time line when the apparently hadn't even called to order a replacement. We got the frame quickly, but because of what I did, not AV. The AV supervisor got involved and started to make things happen. The frame came in overnight and they scheduled to install the following day. The new crew came out and they were perfect in every way. Craftsmen who were cordial, helpful and wanted to make sure we were happy. We also found out that the prior crew was going to assemble the window without using the flanges that steady and square the bricks. SO maybe we were lucky they couldn't install it. We finally have a great installation, but with way too much drama. If you do use AV, ask them to send Kendal, the guy who finally did it right
- Stallion Construction Co.He refused to return my phone calls or come by the house to see the damages that his contractors had done. When I told him I do not want him performing any more new projects that still resided because he doesn't return phone calls and the completion dates he provided would come and go and the work would still not be doneon our contract he stated they would not be doing anymore work at my home and never came back to see what his contractors have done. They moved the design of my kitchen layout around without asking me first when they placed the cabinet orders then told me I would have to pay for the tile replacement since the tile was cut based on my original kitchen layout around the dishwasher. They moved the dishwasher from the right side to the left side of my sink. Then they refused to move the electrical socket further down from the sink which before resided on the right side of my sink (before they changed my kichen layout) but now sits in front of my kitchen sink. The plumbing pipes now reside in the new dishwasher space where you can't install the dishwasher completely in. They caused more damage on the drywall on my ceiling and kitchen walls and living room where the brunch counters sits. The glass inserts I have already paid them for still need to be provided and he is refusing to deliver the product that I've already paid for. They damaged the new cabinets I purchased: Cracked frames, screw holes punching through the outer frame, multiple screw holes in the wall cabinets because they put them up wrong the first time, doors not installed correctly not aligned and they cut through all the crown molding trying to get the right angle and still put up what they had left incorrectly. They did not finish the work and they are refusing to reimburse me for the product they damaged. HE refuses to give me any refund for the work they did not complete or the product I already paid him for
Glass Block Installers in Austin
- Business Description:The remodel pro is a small stable company founded by grant Lewis 17 years ago. We have a vast amount of experience and a willingness to do the job right the first time. We accept payment by cash and pay pal. Award winningRecent Review:Grant and his crew are absolutely amazing. I have used Grant for many smaller jobs around our house for a year now. However, we had an upscale rental that was in need of a complete remodel. The key was that we needed the house completely remodeled in 45 days so we could put it back on the market. Grant bid the work, provided a very fair estimate, and ultimately won the job. The work included demolition, complete interior paint, popcorn removal, two complete bathroom remodels, kitchen remodel, new fixtures, outlets, A/C repair, new flooring, trim, & new shelving. He managed every aspect of the remodel even reaching out about addressing issues I had missed. When the project was finally done, we were with in our target date and budget thanks to many late nights and weekends by his crew. It was overall a very pleasant experience. Having dealt with other contractors before, I can tell you that staying on time and budget is a very hard thing to do and not very common. Grant and his team are top notch. I feel it is important to note that Grant is also very transparent about his costs so there is no feeling of being cheated or over charged. Lastly, I want to say that Grant truly has an attitude of "it's not done, until it is done right". No shortcuts, no half-effort, just solid, quality work. As we went through the remodel I talked to many people that had also done a full remodel on their home. Not one of them stayed on time or budget and overall would describe the experience as painful and exhausting. My experience with Grant and The Remodel Pro team was just the opposite. Save yourself the headache and call Grant at The Remodel Pro. It will be the best decision you ever make. <br> <br> <brSam S.
- Business Description:Whether you are looking for mirrored closet doors, frameless tub enclosures, commercial plate glass, custom glass or mirror work or even windows for your home, we have what you need. Our professionals provide quality and attention to detail which is far superior to our competition. We provide service to both residential and commercial customers. Phone: 512-868-545
- Business Description:From the initial design process to construction completion, we consider ourselves humble guests in your home, and as such respect your personal privacy and space. Classic Restoration of your home. Full service.Recent Review:We had Elliott out to our house on Wednesday to tell him what we wanted: fencing on both sides of the house to make backyard safe for dogs, as fast as possible, as inexpensively as possible, and "looks good" with the house. By Saturday, the job was complete and very much to our liking. <br /> Elliott and his team built us fencing that goes well with the house, is much more attractive for the price than I could have imagined, and completed in 4 days from the original quote. <br /> Elliott's team was punctual, professional, cleaned up the work site after the job was done, and got it done fast and inexpensively. Will definitely call on Loviolette Enterprises for additional projects in the future. <br /Richard H.
- Business Description:Serving the Austin area for 30 years. 6 employees. Uses subs for larger jobs. Cost is determined by the job. No fee for estimates in Travis County. Travel (gas charge) may apply for estimates out of Travis County and refunded if work is requested done. Award Winning Company.Recent Review:The work itself only took a couple of days total over a week or so timeframe. The weather was bad, rainy and cold so this delayed the progress in between the days. We were very pleased with the quality of the work. Very neat, and matched well. All debris was cleaned up and taken away. The mason and his assistant were friendly and polite. We had gotten several estimates and theirs was the most reasonable. The only thing I would mention is that we were not sure when the work would be completed because of the weather delays. A phone call about the work schedule would have been appreciated a little sooner, but this was not a big problem and the work was finished satisfactorily. We would use Diehr masonry again and recommend themMargaret L.
- Business Description:Proudly servicing the Houston area. We offer quality custom indoor and outdoor products for residential and commercial properties. Owned and operated by William Garcia for over 30 years. Call William today for any and all of your remodeling needsRecent Review:William G happened to text me if I still needed a quote? He asked at the right time, because first option never responded. Turning our house over to someone to fix up, was a little stressful at beginning. But that was all put to rest right away. William came by that very day, within 15 minutes gave me a quote along with helpful suggestions on remodeling my bathroom. This was a Friday and work began the following Monday. William was hands on (literally). Existing bathtub and shower were removed, window made smaller to give more space for new shower. Wall and floor tile removed. I opted for gray tone porcelain tile with a tile shower base. Did not want a pre-fab base. Floor tile resembles planking. New vanity counter and sinks installed. The big pleaser for my husband, is the widening of the bathroom doorway and the tile seat in the shower. lol. My husband and I are both pleased with the outcome of the bathroom. Especially me. Very pleased with the working relationship we had with William. I certainly recommend Home Sweet Home Improvements home remodeling. If anymore remodeling needs to be done on my home (I'm sure it will), I have William on speed dial. The attached photo, shows shower is waiting for glassJanice T.
- Business Description:Thank you for your interest in Ferguson Remodeling and Construction LLC, a home improvement company operated by Jeremy Ferguson. Based in Leander, Texas, we have served Austin and all surrounding areas. All of our estimates are provided in cash/check pricing which is at a 3% discount. Credit cards are accepted with a convenience fee of 3% added to the cash price. 10% discount offered to Angieslist members, if informed about discount at initial meetingRecent Review:Jeremy is not only an excellent contractor but also trustworthy. He's great at explaining what needs to be done and what's happening during construction. He's able to see your vision and turn it into reality. After our bathroom remodel, he's become our go-to contractorMichael S.
- Business Description:Locally Owned Owner performs most of the handyman work Pricing: $55 per man hour + $25 Trip Charge (minimum 1 hour), or by Bid. Emergency services available for extra fee. Subcontractors are used when needed
- Business Description:Stallion Construction is an all-in-one company to serve all your home and business repairs, alterations and remodeling needs. Because we have been around for more than 19 years, our experience, customer satisfaction, and reputation are unsurpassed. Give us a call and get rid of all your home or business repair headaches... You will be glad you did
- Business Description:I am a full service home repair service 25 + years. I go in to homes and do the things customers do not want to do or are not skilled to do. I help people get there rental properties ready to rent to new tenants. I can also help home owners that are selling their property fix or repair the problems to help make it stand out on the markeRecent Review:Mr. Brown came within a halve hour of being called to fix an ac that had went out. Told me exactly what was wrong and Was very professional. He fixed my ac and It has been running like new ever since. I have called him various times since for several miscellaneous repairs and every time he has shown up quickly and been very professional. I would highly recommend him for any repairs needed. Fair pricing and great work. I will not use anyone else. <br /Lisa P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful glass block installer articles
Hedayat Mukhtarzada, owner of Art Connection Oriental Rugs in Falls Church, Virginia, opened an oriental rug repair business after immigrating from Afghanistan.
Find glass block installers in
glass block installers in Austin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bam Bam Renovation and Repair10200 Sprinkle Rd
Austin, Texas 78754
- Bam Bam Renovation and Repair
- Diehr Masonry10215 Rocking Horse Rd
Austin, Texas 78748
- Diehr Masonry
- HKH Residential & Commercial Services3404 Saul Dr.
Austin, Texas 78728
- HKH Residential & Commercial Services
- K&K home improvement llc381 palomino rd
Kyle, Texas 78640
- K&K home improvement llc
- McAdoo & Sons21509 Cheery Hollow Dr c
Leander, Texas 78641
- McAdoo & Sons
- Stallion Construction Co.P.O. Box 150093
Austin, Texas 78715
- Stallion Construction Co.
- WDRP Home RepairsPO Box 333
Manor, Texas 78653
- WDRP Home Repairs