The typical dishwasher repair cost is $160 to $300
Matching on Angi
Oven & Stove Repair Reviews Near You
Oven Repair Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Oven Repair project in Ashburn, VA
Save Money - Deals from Oven Repair Services Near You
Similar to Oven Repair
Our first piece of advice: do not attempt common oven repair work yourself.
Stoves are marvels of time-saving efficiency. When a stove breaks, your family suddenly has to rely on cold sandwiches and the kindness of strange eateries. Seek prompt, professional oven repair and say goodbye to expensive take-out meals.
Common Oven and Stove Problems
Most household ovens and stoves work off of 220-volt outlets, not the type most appliances use (120-volt). The increased voltage makes a stove a more electrically robust challenge for parts failure and repair.
Three common problems:
- Your electric stove will not heat — When calling a stove repair service, be specific: is only one burner not working, or do all of them refuse to heat?
- Your electric oven will not change heat — This is a control problem, in which an infinite switch that regulates electrical power levels is malfunctioning
- Your gas stove will not light — No click? Defective ignition switch; click and a smell of natural gas? The pilot light is out; no flame and no smell of gas? You may have a clogged valve
Which Parts Fail?
The control panel of a stove sleekly hides a myriad of wires, switches, relays and other parts, any one of which could go bad while the rest of the control board still works.
Besides the previously discussed ignition switch, infinite switch, and clogged gas valve, these parts are also prone to fail:
- Oven sensor — Your oven reliably baked cakes, but now the centers are gooey; your sensor is probably broken
- Oven no longer self-cleans — Your oven control board is faulty; bake/broil circuits are starved of voltage
- Spark modules, spark wires, spark electrodes — When your gas stove's burners will not light, these components are no longer working together
Costs of Oven Repair
Electricians and appliance repair services charge between $45 to $120 per hour for stove or ove repair (or similar kitchen appliances)
In addition, expect a site service charge (what you pay to have someone drive out) of $150 to $200 per visit.
This means a typical oven repair or stove troubleshooting job could cost from $1,000 to $1,200. Some homeowners may be tempted to tackle oven repair themselves, but Angie's List advises against this, since the risk of shock or a short in a 220-volt circuit is too great.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Appliance Repair Articles
The average cost to repair a washing machine is $180
It typically costs between $100 and $600 to repair an oven