If you're worried about the safety of people using your stairwell then you might need to call in a structural engineer for a consultation.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Winston Salem, NC
There are 3 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Winston Salem
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncI used Custom Renovations, as well as Custom Electric for a major updating of my 1930s house in the Lindley Park area of Greensboro. The electrical work began 12/04/18, with the demolition starting 7/09/19. The job completion (with final walk-through) was 1/28/20. There were multiple aspects to the total job: attic insulation, floor refinishing, redoing of an old back porch (which involved raising my back roof line to raise my master bathroom's ceiling), adding a back deck, and painting the house's interior walls. Both bathrooms were updated, as well as my kitchen. In the process, all my old iron piping was upgraded as well. Custom Electric not only replaced all my old "knob & tube" wiring, but also placed additional wall outlets & smoke detectors to bring the house into current code compliance. The Custom employees (foreman, electrical, plumbing & carpentry), as well as the various contractors (painters, dry wall installers, tilers, insulators, & floor refinishers) employed by Custom were all very professional and did a great job. Chris S******, Custom's owner, was very accessible to answer any of my concerns & provided expert options to the many decisions (structural & electrical) that arose during the process. Christin G*********, my Custom design consultant, was invaluable in walking me through the many design decisions that confronted me: kitchen cabinet, sink, fixtures, tile & countertop selections, bathroom configurations, shower design, fixtures & sink selections, floor stains, etc. She assisted me in navigating the various suppliers of these items, and was patient and informative. During the whole project, I ended up asking Custom for 12 change orders, Some changes were necessitated by issues arising during the construction. Some changes were additions I just requested as the project moved along. From the beginning through to the end, both Chris & Christin were transparent about the project's costs. In summary, Custom did a very professional job and I would recommend them. I'm very pleased with my house's upgrades
- Superior Builders SC LLCWe had 7 weeks to completely renovate our house. Aaron managed our project beautifully. His crew was always on time, and did exactly what he promised...and then some! It was a huge relief once he started on our project. We had been in negotiations with another contractor who wasted 6 precious weeks getting us an estimate. Aaron didn't waste a moment. I know all projects can't be compressed into a crazy time frame, but he worked with us to get it done. He also worked well with the building inspector. This is definitely a plus!!! He was always upfront, and very responsive. Aaron is very easy to work with and very accessible. We were so pleased, that we recommended him to a home owner up the street whose project had gone wrong. When Superior Builders finished our project, they took over her job and completed her renovation too! Superior Builders continues to do work for us. When we're ready for the next big round of renovations, we will definitely have them do it
- Soggy Bottom WaterproofingTony was one of four contractors who gave me a bid. All had the same course of action which involved sealing the crawl space by putting down plastic on the ground to seal the moisture, seal foundation air vents and install a quality dehumidifier. Then support the floors with with beams and floor jacks. Unlike the other contractors, Tony's approach was logical and complete without a lot of salesmanship or hype. The other contractors used scare tactics, wanted to do what I learned was unnecessary work and said it would take over a week. But the most stunning fact was Tony's quote price was less than half of the other three contractors. He did quality work and did it in two and a half days. On time, strong work ethic and no hype
- Soggy Bottom WaterproofingExcellent. Tony saved us a lot of headaches by telling us exactly what was wrong with the house and prevented us from spending a great deal of money on a house that would have become a money pit.
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncHaving a woman to work with was wonderful to have that balance from the start. It was really nice to have someone to be able to provide the architectural design that I wanted. I knew what I wanted and I felt like I was always listened to. There are always challenges that come up when doing a project. The crew handled everything with grace, no anger. Custom is a really good team. I picked the right people
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncCustom Construction and Renovations was an absolute "God Sent" for me! I had been working with two different property management companies in Greensboro who managed my 6 rental properties over the last 7 years that I inherited. The properties were built in the 1950's and they needed a great deal of "love" because of the "Band-aid" repairs done over the years. No matter what the problem, CC&R handled the repairs, replacements or remodels. They are very responsive, professional, extremely knowledgeable and well-priced. They are fantastic company to work with and I recommend them highly!
- ASG EngineeringI didn't even know what a structural engineer was, so it was a daunting task! I was very impressed with his resume on ASG's website. He came promptly and charged reasonably.
Last update on February 4, 2021
Structural Engineers in Winston Salem
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Root cellars are a low-cost, sustainable alternative to refrigeration. Learn the benefits of this traditional food storage area and what’s needed to build one.
Removing a load-bearing wall brightens a room and creates an open floor plan. Learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you break the wall, not your budget.
Find structural engineers in
- Rural Hall,
- Bermuda Run,
- Belews Creek,
- Oak Ridge,
- Walnut Cove,
- High Point,
- East Bend,
structural engineers in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ASG Engineering4140 Clemmons Road Ste 102
Clemmons, North Carolina 27012
- ASG Engineering
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc3118 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc
- Soggy Bottom Waterproofing895 Hastings Hill Rd
Kernersville, North Carolina 27284
- Soggy Bottom Waterproofing