Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Winston Salem, NC
There are 6 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Winston Salem
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncI used Custom Renovations, as well as Custom Electric for a major updating of my 1930s house in the Lindley Park area of Greensboro. The electrical work began 12/04/18, with the demolition starting 7/09/19. The job completion (with final walk-through) was 1/28/20. There were multiple aspects to the total job: attic insulation, floor refinishing, redoing of an old back porch (which involved raising my back roof line to raise my master bathroom's ceiling), adding a back deck, and painting the house's interior walls. Both bathrooms were updated, as well as my kitchen. In the process, all my old iron piping was upgraded as well. Custom Electric not only replaced all my old "knob & tube" wiring, but also placed additional wall outlets & smoke detectors to bring the house into current code compliance. The Custom employees (foreman, electrical, plumbing & carpentry), as well as the various contractors (painters, dry wall installers, tilers, insulators, & floor refinishers) employed by Custom were all very professional and did a great job. Chris S******, Custom's owner, was very accessible to answer any of my concerns & provided expert options to the many decisions (structural & electrical) that arose during the process. Christin G*********, my Custom design consultant, was invaluable in walking me through the many design decisions that confronted me: kitchen cabinet, sink, fixtures, tile & countertop selections, bathroom configurations, shower design, fixtures & sink selections, floor stains, etc. She assisted me in navigating the various suppliers of these items, and was patient and informative. During the whole project, I ended up asking Custom for 12 change orders, Some changes were necessitated by issues arising during the construction. Some changes were additions I just requested as the project moved along. From the beginning through to the end, both Chris & Christin were transparent about the project's costs. In summary, Custom did a very professional job and I would recommend them. I'm very pleased with my house's upgrades
- Superior Builders SC LLCWe had 7 weeks to completely renovate our house. Aaron managed our project beautifully. His crew was always on time, and did exactly what he promised...and then some! It was a huge relief once he started on our project. We had been in negotiations with another contractor who wasted 6 precious weeks getting us an estimate. Aaron didn't waste a moment. I know all projects can't be compressed into a crazy time frame, but he worked with us to get it done. He also worked well with the building inspector. This is definitely a plus!!! He was always upfront, and very responsive. Aaron is very easy to work with and very accessible. We were so pleased, that we recommended him to a home owner up the street whose project had gone wrong. When Superior Builders finished our project, they took over her job and completed her renovation too! Superior Builders continues to do work for us. When we're ready for the next big round of renovations, we will definitely have them do it
- Soggy Bottom WaterproofingExcellent. Tony saved us a lot of headaches by telling us exactly what was wrong with the house and prevented us from spending a great deal of money on a house that would have become a money pit.
- Soggy Bottom WaterproofingTony was one of four contractors who gave me a bid. All had the same course of action which involved sealing the crawl space by putting down plastic on the ground to seal the moisture, seal foundation air vents and install a quality dehumidifier. Then support the floors with with beams and floor jacks. Unlike the other contractors, Tony's approach was logical and complete without a lot of salesmanship or hype. The other contractors used scare tactics, wanted to do what I learned was unnecessary work and said it would take over a week. But the most stunning fact was Tony's quote price was less than half of the other three contractors. He did quality work and did it in two and a half days. On time, strong work ethic and no hype
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncHaving a woman to work with was wonderful to have that balance from the start. It was really nice to have someone to be able to provide the architectural design that I wanted. I knew what I wanted and I felt like I was always listened to. There are always challenges that come up when doing a project. The crew handled everything with grace, no anger. Custom is a really good team. I picked the right people
- Custom Construction & Renovations IncCustom Construction and Renovations was an absolute "God Sent" for me! I had been working with two different property management companies in Greensboro who managed my 6 rental properties over the last 7 years that I inherited. The properties were built in the 1950's and they needed a great deal of "love" because of the "Band-aid" repairs done over the years. No matter what the problem, CC&R handled the repairs, replacements or remodels. They are very responsive, professional, extremely knowledgeable and well-priced. They are fantastic company to work with and I recommend them highly!
- ASG EngineeringI didn't even know what a structural engineer was, so it was a daunting task! I was very impressed with his resume on ASG's website. He came promptly and charged reasonably.
Structural Engineers in Winston Salem
- Business Description:Specializing in basement waterproofing! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate todayRecent Review:The owner Tom showed up on time. He did his job and completed it at the bid price. He stuck to it. He explained everything and showed us how we got this and how to get it fixed. He worked beyond what was in the contract to make sure we didn't have any problem and that included getting a humidifier. And one important thing in dealing with basements is he cleaned his work area daily. When he finished the job everything was clean. Main thing is he is timely and completed it within the time frame. We used him for at least 3 separate times. Each one of them was done successfully. His price was very reasonable and definitely worth it. He is very pleasant and easy to work with with. He explained exactly what he was doing. And we referred him to other people and they all thanked us and they were all very satisfied. His work is so exceptionalrobert r.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Cost is determined by the jobRecent Review:They did two projects for us in October. One was swapping out our old fuse box and the other was rewiring an exterior porch. Quick to return calls and set up schedules, with very reasonable rates! Recommended, and will definitely hire againK. Brooke S.
- Business Description:Small company with five employees. We do subcontract work for engineers and other contractors. We take no deposits and payment is not expected until the work is completed.Recent Review:Carlos and the Advanced team did an amazing job on our repair. We had a garage floor that had settled on one side. They installed helical piers and poured a new floor as well as addressing a structural problem in our crawl space related to historical water flow. The crew showed up on time or early each day they were here and kept an impeccably clean worksite. The crew was friendly and professional and went above and beyond to ensure things were done right. The level of professionalism throughout the process, from evaluation to completion, was very high. We felt well cared for and are very happy with the resultScott B.
- Business Description:Since 1992 Soggy Bottom Waterproofing has been keeping homes dry by turning unused floorspace into beautiful living areas. We are a local company with the goal of keeping our overhead down to keep your prices down. We treat each job as if it were our own homes, so quality comes firstRecent Review:Great came out at 8 am as promised worked all day to fix old French drain cheap plastic tubing system and install new sump pump good work !Charles C.
- Business Description:Having worked in the various trades inside the construction industry as a sub-contractor for many years, my hands-on experience has given me a unique advantage in today’s competitive and confusing contracting environment. I have worked with several local companies in the Charlotte market which has helped me acquire specialized training and experience in a variety of areas not commonly taught at the class room level. After working with these companies as a sub-contractor for many years, I have..Recent Review:The crew was prompt. Cleaned out debris left behind by previous owners. Removed old insulation and installed new. I asked about radiant heat barrier for one room. They quoted and completed that the second day while finishing the crawl space. They did accidentally pull out the cable to Att while in the crawl space, but helped thread the cable back up thru the floorJULIE B.
- Business Description:At Falcone Crawl Space & Structural Repair, we're obsessed with customer service and our mission: to give every Carolinian a strong foundation. For 15 years, Falcone Crawl Space, a family-owned company, has served Carolinians with award-winning structural repair. Contact Falcone for foundation repair, like rotted beam replacement and helical pier installation; Falcone also offers prevention services including drainage solutions, vapor barriers and PumpSpy Sump Pump Monitoring. Fred Falcone is..Recent Review:They are very professional and honest! We had water intrusion into basement from wall during recent heavy rain storm. I contacted Falcone (they were on recommended service provider list of our subdivision) and Sharese got back to me very quickly. Communication was very smooth and professional as she scheduled me for an inspection. The technician Walter was friendly and did a professional inspection, after which he determined that the issue is the gutters dumping water on the ground by the basement. He didn't recommend any work be done in the basement. I truly appreciated his professionalism and honesty. If I ever have issues with the basement, I will call Falcone in a heartbeat! Thank youmari m.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Jonathan H Slaughter, Builder is a home builder of all price ranges and also provides every service required to build, design, update, remodel, restore, and add to your home. Whether you're in the market for a new home, or in need of help improving the one you own we can help
- Business Description:Cost Estimating and Quantity Survey for Owners, Architects, Contractors and Suppliers.
- Business Description:Multi-faceted planning, engineering and consulting firm, specializing in structural engineering for wood design, masonry, steel & concrete, green design, and wind engineering, serving architects, engineers, contractors, builders, developers, and owners from many business sectors. Practice areas include residential, office, retail, commercial, and industrial markets. Currently licensed as a Professional Engineer in PA, MD, WV, VA, DC, NC, & SC. Member ASCE, SEI, AWC
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Installing steel beams in or around your home costs $3,000 on average but can come with all kinds of hidden fees. To avoid any surprises, you’ll want to prepare for all scenarios. This steel beam cost guide will help you budget for your project.
If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Find structural engineers in
- Rural Hall
- Belews Creek
- Oak Ridge
- Walnut Cove
- High Point
- East Bend
structural engineers in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Dream, Design & Build, LLC803 Celtic Crossing Drive
High Point, North Carolina
- Dream, Design & Build, LLC
- EEDAS PLLC521 Pilot Hill Dr
Morrisville, North Carolina
- EEDAS PLLC
- GREGORY ENTERPRISES Home Inspection Training C2579 Eric Lane Unit B-C
Burlington, North Carolina
- GREGORY ENTERPRISES Home Inspection Training C
- JDS Consulting & Design, PLLC168 Quade Dr.
Cary, North Carolina
- JDS Consulting & Design, PLLC
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc3118 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, North Carolina
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc
- Piedmont Construction & Engineering Services3918 Presbyterian Road
Greensboro, North Carolina
- Piedmont Construction & Engineering Services
- Triad Mobile Welding Service285 Ogburn Mill Rd
Stokesdale, North Carolina
- Triad Mobile Welding Service
- Wright Basement Waterproofing600 Washington St
Eden, North Carolina
- Wright Basement Waterproofing