Is now the time to add sustainable features to your home? Angi calculated how much homeowners can save on home upgrades outlined in the Inflation Reduction Act.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Winston Salem, NC
There are 7 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Winston Salem
- Bain Heating & AirSaid the unit is probably not worth repairing and I agreed to fill the freon since I am not ia a position to replace the unit. This does make sense to me since uses older freon and is less efficient thn required new units. I would use them to replace the unit at a later time.
- Berico Fuels IncIt was a very complicated process, but this wasn't Berico's fault. We purchased a Goodman Heating and A/C unit some 6 years ago. It has been nothing but trouble and has cost us a small fortune. To top that off, Goodman's 10-year parts warranty is no longer valid for us. Apparently, we were supposed to register our purchase online with Goodman within 60 days of our purchase. We did not know this. The warranty card we got with our unit says to only send it in if there is a problem. Buried in many other pieces of paperwork is the requirement for the online registration. So even though we still have the original purchase receipt, Goodman says they will no longer honor our warranty (which was only for the parts, not the labor). Considering Goodman's questionable policies/ethics and the unbelievable amount of trouble this unit has given us, we would NEVER purchase anything from Goodman again. Back to Berico. They spent hours and hours trying to figure out where the very small leak was and did not charge us for a fair amount of their effort. Though the situation wasn't their fault (they were not the original installer) they were intent on helping us get this thing fixed once and for all. I believe they have accomplished that and I am very grateful that they worked so closely with us on this problem. I will definitely use them again and would happily recommend their services to anyone
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningIt went well. The guy who visited our house was professional and generous with his opinions about what we should do. He didn't pressure us in any way.
- Dr Energy Saver by Alert ConstructionVery professional. I had two insulation companies come out. Neither tested anything. They just measured and threw a number out. Dr Energy spent almost 3 hours checking and testing and then walked me around and showed me with the thermal camera and smoke stick where I needed attantion. Great job
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningWithin several hours Logan had provided quotes and timing on several options. The best course of action was to replace the aging furnace with a new 95% efficient gas furnace. The replacement was complete in 48 hours - I think this was great service.
- Disaster Mitigation & RestorationThe morning after my home was ruined by a tornado I hired Disaster Mitigation and Restoration to rebuild and repair. The first thing they did was walk through the home video taping the damage. Shortly thereafter they began removing the damaged contents and clearing the area for repairs. The salvaged contents of my home went to their climate controlled storage facility. I received a insurance estimate from my adjuster which stated what was covered and what was not going to be repaired under my policy. DMR worked with me to put it all back the right way. If something wasn't covered by insurance they either provided me what I found to be a very cost effective means of handling the issue or fixed it outright without question. I was left with the impression that they truly understood their work and the final product was the best advertising they could do. The most notable situation I recall dealt with a concrete patio that I had them pour. I had not had a patio prior to the tornado but figured I would pay DMR to install one since they were working on the house already. I visited the house after the patio was poured and was somewhat skeptical about the grading of the concrete away from the house. Patios need to direct water away from the house. I had worked in concrete before and though the grading wasn't the best job I accepted it as adequate and didn't mention any complaints to the DMR. A week later I visited the house and discovered a new patio had been poured. When I asked the builder what happened he said "I didn't like the grade so we did it again." Unbelievable! The original grade would have worked fine, he made it better
- Pilot AirWe have a large hard-to-heat historic house with 2 floors and a basement which was previously heated and cooled by 2 gas furnaces, both older than 20 years, and cooled by 2 AC units that were also nearing the end of their life expectancy, one of which was on the roof. We knew we needed to replace our old units which could fail at any time, and we wanted to reduce our energy consumption. After over a year of research into geothermal and 4 different estimates from local, well known heating and air companies, we had given up on the idea. Estimates averaged $65-$80k, and without a good solution for separate temperature control for our basement, which was currently being insufficiently heated by the main floor system through tacked on ductwork added by the previous owner when he finished the space. Then we had the good fortune to hear about Pilot Air through a general contractor who mentioned he always uses them for geothermal work. Gordon came by and it was a breath of fresh air. He listened to our concerns, was open and honest, and worked with us to find solutions to our home's unique problems. He was infinitely patient as we moved through our long and drawn-out decision making process, and never pushy. Also very knowledgeable and just generally so wonderful to work with. We really can't say enough nice things about him. And best of all, Pilot Air put our project in reach for us, quoting us a price $10-$20k less than the prior estimates we'd received, while also providing a workable and affordable solution to our need for separate temperature control in the basement. They didn't cut corners to do it, either, giving us top of the line Climate Master heat pumps with higher efficiency than some of the quotes we received. They even threw in some high tech programmable thermostats that we can control from mobile devices. And after the estimate was drawn up, Gordon stuck to it, promising us that it would not change, even in the event of unexpected difficulties in installation. In addition, they provided us with an included 10 year labor warranty, which really boosted our confidence in the company and made us feel that if we run into any problems in the future that Pilot Air will stand 100% behind their work. The service has been great so far and we're really pleased with our new systems. Choosing a geothermal contractor is tough. Your options for contractors are much more limited than for conventional heat pumps, furnaces and ACs. And the investment is much more than a standard gas furnace, or even a top of the line heat pump. But we expect it to pay off in the long run. After we ran the numbers, and after government rebates, the systems should cost about $5-$8k more than if we had replaced with 2 new ACs and 2 new furnaces. But we hope to see a significant drop in our heating and cooling bills which should make the systems pay for themselves in 5-10 years. Having not had the systems long enough we can't report at present on our energy savings, but geothermal is generally projected to save customers 30-50% on energy consumption). We hope as well that we've increased our home's value by increasing its energy efficiency, which is another thing to consider when doing cost calculation. If you're thinking about geothermal, consider Pilot Air, when getting estimates. And remember that as of now, the $35% state tax credit expires 2015, and the 30% federal tax credits expire 2016. Also, there are rebates through Duke Energy which we hope to qualify for. As of now we're very pleased with our system and our experience with Pilot Air. We've only had it a short while, and will update on our experience with geothermal, performance and rebates at a later date
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningIt is a well-established company here in Winston-Salem. They have probably been in business for 80 years. They have been very good for me as far as heating and air-conditioning. They send a rep out twice a year to inspect my heat pump. They are prompt and professional. They even put little booties on when they come in the house. They bring little treats in their pockets for my dogs. They have always done good work for me. They put a heat pump in my house six or seven years ago. They did a great job with the installation and have done a great job with service and follow up ever since. Their prices might be a little high but with their reputation and the around the clock service I think it is worth it. They are very responsive and punctual. If they were to run behind they would call and let me know
- AppleBlossom EnergyHe was very thorough and professional. He made some good recommendations but I am not able to afford the work right now. Hope to spray foam insulation on the underside of our attic roof in the next couple of years. I did not realize that this was an option.
- AppleBlossom EnergyWe recently bought a new house and noticed that it was difficult to cool the upstairs on hot and sunny days, so I had Apple Blossom come out to offer some solutions. The man arrived on time and was cordial and professional. He briefly examined the attic and made some recommendations. In the end, we did not go forward with his advice, because after a few weeks in the new house it became clear what the true problem was, and it was not the attic, but some knee walls in the bonus room above the garage. This was not entirely his fault, because I did not ask him to examine that room, but at the same time he did not spend very much time on his investigation, especially since it was a paid energy audit service (not a free estimate). He was in and out in about 10 minutes tops, and so did not truly discover the root of the problem. That being said, they were a professional operation and I would probably turn to them again if/when I needed work done
Last update on January 24, 2015
Energy Audit Companies in Winston Salem
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
You may think you're being energy efficient, but you might be costing yourself more money.
If saving money sparks your interest, check out these simple energy saving tips, including information on LED bulbs, vampire power and planting trees.
Find energy consultants in
- Rural Hall,
- Bermuda Run,
- Belews Creek,
- Oak Ridge,
- Walnut Cove,
- High Point,
- East Bend,
energy consultants in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carolina Sustainability507 Gwen Road
Hillsborough, North Carolina 27278
- Carolina Sustainability
- Green Planet Energy Solutions9101 Southern Pine Blvd Ste 320
Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
- Green Planet Energy Solutions
- Homefix Custom Remodeling9115 Whiskey Bottom Rd
Laurel, Maryland 20723
- Homefix Custom Remodeling
- Jimmie Johnson Air And Heat624 White Plains Rd
Roaring River, North Carolina 28669
- Jimmie Johnson Air And Heat
- NC Solar Now2517 Atlantic Ave
Raleigh, North Carolina 27604
- NC Solar Now
- RetroFoam of the Carolinas313 Motz Ave Suite G
Lincolnton, North Carolina 28092
- RetroFoam of the Carolinas
- Triangle Reconstruction1201 Alderwood Ct
Apex, North Carolina 27502
- Triangle Reconstruction