When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Winston Salem, NC
There are 13 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Winston Salem
- Bain Heating & AirSaid the unit is probably not worth repairing and I agreed to fill the freon since I am not ia a position to replace the unit. This does make sense to me since uses older freon and is less efficient thn required new units. I would use them to replace the unit at a later time.
- Berico Fuels IncIt was a very complicated process, but this wasn't Berico's fault. We purchased a Goodman Heating and A/C unit some 6 years ago. It has been nothing but trouble and has cost us a small fortune. To top that off, Goodman's 10-year parts warranty is no longer valid for us. Apparently, we were supposed to register our purchase online with Goodman within 60 days of our purchase. We did not know this. The warranty card we got with our unit says to only send it in if there is a problem. Buried in many other pieces of paperwork is the requirement for the online registration. So even though we still have the original purchase receipt, Goodman says they will no longer honor our warranty (which was only for the parts, not the labor). Considering Goodman's questionable policies/ethics and the unbelievable amount of trouble this unit has given us, we would NEVER purchase anything from Goodman again. Back to Berico. They spent hours and hours trying to figure out where the very small leak was and did not charge us for a fair amount of their effort. Though the situation wasn't their fault (they were not the original installer) they were intent on helping us get this thing fixed once and for all. I believe they have accomplished that and I am very grateful that they worked so closely with us on this problem. I will definitely use them again and would happily recommend their services to anyone
- Disaster Mitigation & RestorationThe morning after my home was ruined by a tornado I hired Disaster Mitigation and Restoration to rebuild and repair. The first thing they did was walk through the home video taping the damage. Shortly thereafter they began removing the damaged contents and clearing the area for repairs. The salvaged contents of my home went to their climate controlled storage facility. I received a insurance estimate from my adjuster which stated what was covered and what was not going to be repaired under my policy. DMR worked with me to put it all back the right way. If something wasn't covered by insurance they either provided me what I found to be a very cost effective means of handling the issue or fixed it outright without question. I was left with the impression that they truly understood their work and the final product was the best advertising they could do. The most notable situation I recall dealt with a concrete patio that I had them pour. I had not had a patio prior to the tornado but figured I would pay DMR to install one since they were working on the house already. I visited the house after the patio was poured and was somewhat skeptical about the grading of the concrete away from the house. Patios need to direct water away from the house. I had worked in concrete before and though the grading wasn't the best job I accepted it as adequate and didn't mention any complaints to the DMR. A week later I visited the house and discovered a new patio had been poured. When I asked the builder what happened he said "I didn't like the grade so we did it again." Unbelievable! The original grade would have worked fine, he made it better
- Pilot AirWe have a large hard-to-heat historic house with 2 floors and a basement which was previously heated and cooled by 2 gas furnaces, both older than 20 years, and cooled by 2 AC units that were also nearing the end of their life expectancy, one of which was on the roof. We knew we needed to replace our old units which could fail at any time, and we wanted to reduce our energy consumption. After over a year of research into geothermal and 4 different estimates from local, well known heating and air companies, we had given up on the idea. Estimates averaged $65-$80k, and without a good solution for separate temperature control for our basement, which was currently being insufficiently heated by the main floor system through tacked on ductwork added by the previous owner when he finished the space. Then we had the good fortune to hear about Pilot Air through a general contractor who mentioned he always uses them for geothermal work. Gordon came by and it was a breath of fresh air. He listened to our concerns, was open and honest, and worked with us to find solutions to our home's unique problems. He was infinitely patient as we moved through our long and drawn-out decision making process, and never pushy. Also very knowledgeable and just generally so wonderful to work with. We really can't say enough nice things about him. And best of all, Pilot Air put our project in reach for us, quoting us a price $10-$20k less than the prior estimates we'd received, while also providing a workable and affordable solution to our need for separate temperature control in the basement. They didn't cut corners to do it, either, giving us top of the line Climate Master heat pumps with higher efficiency than some of the quotes we received. They even threw in some high tech programmable thermostats that we can control from mobile devices. And after the estimate was drawn up, Gordon stuck to it, promising us that it would not change, even in the event of unexpected difficulties in installation. In addition, they provided us with an included 10 year labor warranty, which really boosted our confidence in the company and made us feel that if we run into any problems in the future that Pilot Air will stand 100% behind their work. The service has been great so far and we're really pleased with our new systems. Choosing a geothermal contractor is tough. Your options for contractors are much more limited than for conventional heat pumps, furnaces and ACs. And the investment is much more than a standard gas furnace, or even a top of the line heat pump. But we expect it to pay off in the long run. After we ran the numbers, and after government rebates, the systems should cost about $5-$8k more than if we had replaced with 2 new ACs and 2 new furnaces. But we hope to see a significant drop in our heating and cooling bills which should make the systems pay for themselves in 5-10 years. Having not had the systems long enough we can't report at present on our energy savings, but geothermal is generally projected to save customers 30-50% on energy consumption). We hope as well that we've increased our home's value by increasing its energy efficiency, which is another thing to consider when doing cost calculation. If you're thinking about geothermal, consider Pilot Air, when getting estimates. And remember that as of now, the $35% state tax credit expires 2015, and the 30% federal tax credits expire 2016. Also, there are rebates through Duke Energy which we hope to qualify for. As of now we're very pleased with our system and our experience with Pilot Air. We've only had it a short while, and will update on our experience with geothermal, performance and rebates at a later date
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningIt went well. The guy who visited our house was professional and generous with his opinions about what we should do. He didn't pressure us in any way.
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningIt is a well-established company here in Winston-Salem. They have probably been in business for 80 years. They have been very good for me as far as heating and air-conditioning. They send a rep out twice a year to inspect my heat pump. They are prompt and professional. They even put little booties on when they come in the house. They bring little treats in their pockets for my dogs. They have always done good work for me. They put a heat pump in my house six or seven years ago. They did a great job with the installation and have done a great job with service and follow up ever since. Their prices might be a little high but with their reputation and the around the clock service I think it is worth it. They are very responsive and punctual. If they were to run behind they would call and let me know
- Logan Heating & Air ConditioningWithin several hours Logan had provided quotes and timing on several options. The best course of action was to replace the aging furnace with a new 95% efficient gas furnace. The replacement was complete in 48 hours - I think this was great service.
- Dr Energy Saver by Alert ConstructionVery professional. I had two insulation companies come out. Neither tested anything. They just measured and threw a number out. Dr Energy spent almost 3 hours checking and testing and then walked me around and showed me with the thermal camera and smoke stick where I needed attantion. Great job
- AppleBlossom EnergyI spoke with two company representatives to 1. to acknowledge the purchase of the deal and 2. to schedule the inspection at my house. Once the day of the inspection came and went, I noticed shortly thereafter that my purchase was credited back to my card. I never was informed as to why the appointment was cancelled
- AppleBlossom EnergyHe was very thorough and professional. He made some good recommendations but I am not able to afford the work right now. Hope to spray foam insulation on the underside of our attic roof in the next couple of years. I did not realize that this was an option.
Energy Audit Companies in Winston Salem
- Business Description:Homefix Custom Remodeling has been serving Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, North Carolina and Washington D.C. homeowners since 1990, offering a variety of services that improve the exterior appearance, value and energy efficiency of homes like yours. Our customers enjoy fast installation times, excellent customer service, and a variety of top of the line products that will reduce your home energy usage, improve insulation from outside temperature and noise, and instantly increase ..Recent Review:Quality windows installed by a professional installation crew. Initial consultation was professional, friendly with lots of great info on windows, and recommended window sample I could see and touch. Installation supervisor explained what they were going to do and estimated time; supervisor did outside walk around after and showed how they caulked/sealed; and inside showed me how to work windows for cleaning. Crew worked quickly and efficiently; clearly knew exactly what they were doing! Actually gave me 2 crews since they were a few hours late due to rain delay on previous day’s project! HCR Project manager stopped by to ask how things were going and tell me what to expect after install to get warranty initiated. The windows look and work great. Ver impressed with all aspects of my projectLaurie T.
- Business Description:Southern Energy Management is the Southeast's rooftop solar and building performance expert. We're a team of over 60 building scientists, solar professionals, and entrepreneurs dedicated to improving the way the world makes and uses energy. Based out of North Carolina, we offer energy efficiency, green building and turn-key solar services for homeowners, builders, and companies across the country. With nearly 20 years of experience, we have the expertise and proven process to provide a seamle..Recent Review:Work has been scheduled for early in 2019, but they could not have been more helpful and professional in explaining our options, how our home would get the most out of the panels, and how much we are likely to save. They were explicit about costs and available rebates. We were instructed to apply for a rebate from our local energy supplier and they literally walked us through the time specific rebate procedure. We made some minor changes to their standard contract and they accepted those changes without question. I can only assume their work will be up to these standards when we do the actual installationMaureen I.
- Business Description:Preventative maintenance agreements, service, repair, sales and installation of all major brands including Trane, Lennox and Goodman. Free estimates on new system installations. Residential homes and light commercial projects as well. Indoor air quality, heat pumps, gas, oil furnaces and boilers. Call for a free estimate and promotional discounts today. Serving all of Forsyth, Guilford & Davie Counties, along with portions of Davidson, Rowan, Iredell, Yadkin, Stokes, Rockingham, and Surry Cou..Recent Review:Great! They've also come back to do fall maintenance for us. We were very impressed with the young man that came to do the work for us. The prices were reasonable and the technician was knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them to othersJean F.
- Business Description:NC solar Now is an independently owned energy conservation company located in Raleigh, NC. We work to install residential and commercial Solar Electric (PV), Solar Water Heating, and Solar Pool Heating Systems; Solar-Operated Attic Fans, Thermal Shield, and Energy Efficiency Solutions across the state. We are committed to working with our customers to help reduce their energy consumption while lowering their monthly electric bill. NC Solar Now is a proud member of the North Carolina Sustainab..Recent Review:We interviewed 5 companies and chose NC Solar Now! They did not try to oversell the size of the system or make us get more than we needed. Their customer service has blown us away. They were efficient with installation and have kept us in the loop throughout the process. We also got a Tesla Powerwall, and are very glad we did! It allows us to use more solar energy overall and has already come in handy during a power outage. Plus the whole system is helping our kids be more energy conscious, which we love! Thank you, NC Solar Now! We are very satisfied customersSteve M.
- Business Description:Triangle Reconstruction is a specialty contractor specializing in crawl spaces. We solve crawl space moisture problems, remediate mold hazards and repair foundations. At TRC, we adhere to philosophies and values that differentiate us from all others. Our customers always come first. Excellence in craftsmanship and service are our top priorities. Our goal is to deliver QUALITY products and service at the most competitive pricesRecent Review:They did what they said they were going to do in a timely manner.Carolisa S.
- Business Description:We Specialize in most drainage problems including Drain pipe video inspection and locating, Clear Blockage, Commodes, Sewer lines, Drains, Sinks, Lavatories, Septic Tanks lines, Air conditioning drains & Appliance DrainsRecent Review:They did a great job on a short notice call. We would recommend them againJames H.
- Business Description:RetroFoam of the Carolinas is an insulation contractor that provides injection and open and closed cell spray foam insulating solutions for existing homes, new homes, and pole barns across the Carolinas and Virginia. Our mission is to help homeowners minimize their energy waste and create more energy-efficient, healthy, quieter homes. RetroFoam of the Carolinas is operated by a fun-loving team of construction professionals with over 25 years of experience in the industry. The team compris..Recent Review:Very smooth transaction and easy to do business with. Jason was a great help. I had a small extension done on a property where foam needed to be injected between the rafters. They also did 3 interior walls for the moneAlan E.
- Business Description:Bain heating & air conditioning has been in business for over 60 years. We pride ourselves on providing quality products and expert service and installation. Our highly skilled service and installation departments are second to none. We will provide you with energy efficient solutions for your home, office or commercial facility. Additional contact name - Robert C Bain. Financing availableRecent Review:They came in and quickly diagnosed the problem (clogged drained pipes causing a mini flood in the basement) and fixed it. Air is back on and leaking has stopped.rom c.
- Recent Review:It was excellent and the guys were really nice & informative. We loved our experience & will definitely call them if we need more services done in the future & also let everyone know about them!! Great jobs guys!Jasmine W.
- Business Description:Virginia Foam Insulators is central Virginia’s regional expert in the installation of Polyurethane spray foam insulation. We install a full range of insulation products and systems in new construction and retrofit/remodels to include Open-Cell Polyurethane Foam, Closed-Cell Polyurethane Foam, Injection Spray Polyurethane Foam, Fiberglass, and the latest in insulation systems such as Dense-Packed Fiberglass and Blown-In Fiberglass insulation. Our employees are knowledgeable in home constructio..Recent Review:Professional company. After doing lots of research I decided to use closed cell foam to insulate the attic rafters in my 60 year-old home. I met with 6 companies in the area that install foam insulation. 3 of them tried to talk me into open-cell insulation, which is an unproven product for my application. Two other companies, both with good reputations, were willing to install closed-cell foam; one of them offered a great price while the other offered a price that was well outside my budget. Then I met with James Kuhn, the owner of Virginia Foam, and we had a very detailed discussion about what I was looking for. His price was not the lowest but I felt he really knew what he was talking about and had done enough closed-cell foam installations to be able to do the job properly (the installation is more involved then open-cell foam). Under challenging conditions (120 degrees plus in the attic) his team did a great job. I liked the work so much I hired them to insulate the addition I just put on my home. This scope included both closed-cell foam and traditional fiberglass batts. Once again they did a thoroughly professional job and left my home spotless. I would recommend the team at Virginia Foam to anyoneTim C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
These small changes will give you extra cash without a lot of extra effort. Here are four money-saving tricks:
Find energy consultants in
- Rural Hall
- Belews Creek
- Oak Ridge
- Walnut Cove
- High Point
- East Bend
energy consultants in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bain Heating & Air3201 Spring Garden St
Greensboro, North Carolina
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Bean Electrical LLC2809 shoreline dr
Lexington, North Carolina
- BECO INC2124 SURRETT DR
High Point, North Carolina
- Blue Ivy Energy-Corrie Sampson3060 El Cerrito Plaza Ste 370
El Cerrito, California
- Bain Heating & Air
- Carolina Sustainability507 Gwen Road
Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Carolina Sustainability
- Energy Advisor Pro400 N Greensboro St
Lexington, North Carolina
- Energy Choice Center1301 Seminole Boulevard Suite 155
- Energy Reduction Specialists of NC, Inc.7917 WINDSPRAY DR
Summerfield, North Carolina
- Enhanced Heating Cooling5441 Lumley Rd Ste 101
Durham, North Carolina
- Environmental Solutions Group1000 N Elm Street
Greensboro, North Carolina
- ESRA Facility Management and Consulting Inc.2206 Cabin Ct
Greensboro, North Carolina
- Energy Advisor Pro
- Homefix Custom Remodeling9115 Whiskey Bottom Rd
- Homefix Custom Remodeling
- Jimmie Johnson Air And Heat624 White Plains Rd
Roaring River, North Carolina
- Jimmie Johnson Air And Heat
- NC Solar Now2517 Atlantic Ave
Raleigh, North Carolina
- NC Solar Now
- RetroFoam of the Carolinas313 Motz Ave Suite G
Lincolnton, North Carolina
- RetroFoam of the Carolinas
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc