Thermo Direct Inc.

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2009

For over a decade, the professionals at Thermo Direct Inc have worked hard for our friends and neighbors in the Triangle area. Helping homeowners and business owners, our comfort system technicians will make sure that your property’s heating and air conditioning equipment works as reliably and

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Crawlspace Encapsulation

insulation

202127616
Crawlspace encapsulation, dehumidification, insulation and mold remediation.
View project

4.4

HVAC Companies (173)home energy audit (9)electrician (7)air duct cleaning (6)insulation (4)ceiling fan installation (2)

08/02/2022

James S.

Company quote was higher than 2 competitors to begin with, but liked their (seeming) reliability and professionalism. When I tried to move forward they first emailed wanting a deposit, which makes sense. But when I called they stated they needed to first increase price and would not abide by quote - simply because it was 37 days after quotation (they claim quotes are only good for 30 days, but nowhere stated on the quote received). When I offered to proceed with work as originally quoted, I was refused. Would not do business with untrustworthy company trying to price gouge customers.

Description of Work
100amp service and outlet work

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

Review for Thermo Direct Inc. - 4901 Trademark Dr, Raleigh, NC - 39820808

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed] I am so sorry that you had this experience with our company. I believe I must have spoken to you after your review because you stated you definitely understood the miscommunication from our customer service agent. Our prices are locked and secured for 30 days. When you called in to make your deposit the agent informed that she would have to send the estimate for review because it was over 30 days. The miscommunication happened when you asked the CSR "does that mean the price is going up?" she responded with most likely. This was wrong on our CSR's doing. Estimates do not necessarily go up after 30 days some actually go down. The CSR was unsure and somewhat new to estimates and simply misspoke. As I stated when I spoke with you not only did your estimate not go up, but I additionally discounted your estimate just for the frustration and miscommunication on our part. I believe we agreed that it was an understandable mistake and you would call us again in the future when needed. If that is at all not the case and if there is anything I can do further to rectify the issue, please let me know. If you find time we hope that you would update your review just to clarify to others the transparency of our company. Thank you so much for your time.

01/22/2021

Vinetta B.

My first impression of Thermo Direct was very favorable for the following reasons: (1) the timely response (within minutes) to my online request to Duke Energy for a referral (the scheduler [Loretta?] is an interesting lady [personality] who obviously knows her job and gave me confidence that she would take good care of me (Thanks!), (2) the same day appointment for a diagnostic visit (and what I assumed would be a repair on the same day or the next day), and (3) the photos shown to me and emailed to me today by the very courteous, polite, very competent, and trustworthy Service Technician, Corey Woodward. What I did not realize was that parts had to be ordered and received and that a future appointment for repairs would be needed before my downstairs, that was totally without heat for more than a week, could be safe and functional for me, an elderly person. However, Corey Woodward and Anita, the scheduler, restored my confidence in and respect for Thermo Direct by their prompt, courteous , and apologetic responses to my need for emergency repairs today (the Friday following my first contact with this company). Those two employees saved that company from a negative review from me. Thank you. I am grateful and now warm. (smile) By the way, the photos submitted via email to me gave me my first view of my attic after I purchased my house in August 2007. Wow! Thanks for that photo, Corey Woodward. Thank you, Corey Woodward and Anita, also for letting me lecture both of you about communicating better with me and other customers about the unavoidable wait for parts and future repairs. You're the man! You're the woman! (I hate slang, but that one fits both of you.) God bless you and your company, Thermo Direct. Amen.

Description of Work
HVAC repair and maintenance (a Goodman and a Trane)

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

01/20/2021

Andrew M.

Just wanted to thank Jeanette who was a helpful advocate for me during this process even though I went with another company for timing reasons. She was knowledgeable, professional and very straightforward.

Description of Work
Assistance during the evaluation process

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

01/18/2021

Linda B.

Terrence and his team repaired radiant barrier in attic in addition to preparing the attic for blown insulation. They went above and beyond! Terrence noticed the exhaust from my furnace that vents to the outside was separated and immediately repaired it. This would be like exhaust from a car going into my attic! After insulation was blown, they cleaned up very well. They showed total respect for me and my home in every way.

Description of Work
Blown insulation

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

01/12/2021

Esther C.

Cory was very professional and knowledgeable I appreciated his work.

Description of Work
Heating check

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

11/12/2020

Sonya J.

The technician was on time and very thorough. Ms. Jeannete was very professional and very polite as usual, when setting up appointments. She's always very pleasant and detailed, wonderful to talk with.

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

09/11/2020

Nikita G.

Mr. Gary was very professional., and polite during his visit. He took his time and explained what was going on ,and the price of the work for the system. Ms. Jeanette, was excellent. She did a great job in informing me about the person , that would be coming to my home. She kept me informed . I would like to thank her for her service. I would call on them again.

Description of Work
I was getting an estimate for my heat/air condition. system.

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

08/10/2020

Patrick S.

System was checked out thoroughly. Tim was very attentive to details; and explained his steps all through the process. Offered me his recommendations for what needed to be done; and provided us with quotes for each repair. The repairs have not yet been completed as the part is on back order. So more later.

Description of Work
Correct air flow problem with A/C

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

08/07/2020

Erica N.

Great customer service ! Jeanette made me feel very comfortable with my decision on going with Thermo Direct. I had several contractors come out and I felt like they wasn’t being honest. I would use Thermo Direct for future Home Improvement projects and recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
HVAC installation

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/20/2020

yvonne J.

Perfect. I know this because I had a different company come out, say they would install 7-10, after 11th day started getting run around, 20th day I called this company. They came same day, installed within 4 days, submitted my rebate from Duke for me, comes with excellent warranty and they offer a service plan cheap enough I can afford. Single woman who cant tolerate heat along with aging dogs, they put my needs in first. Very happy. Will have them back to install hot water heater! I didn't like that they added $500 to billing to get me the 0% for 5 yrs payment plan but it is what it is in this day.

Description of Work
new heat/air system purchase/install

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/04/2020

Chumeyia D.

Excellent experience. Cory was amazing; Very thorough, professional, kind and helpful. He throughly explained and showed me on exactly what was malfunctioning on my AC. After performing the work, he stayed to ensure that everything was working properly. A+ service!

Description of Work
AC refrigerant recharged & condenser cleaned

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

07/03/2020

Barbara J.

Corey fixed the connection for my grandmother’s unit. The fan was not working. As soon as he fixed it the air came on. He was very thorough and made sure to explain what was going on.

Description of Work
One of the wires were disconnected from the fan.

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Thank you so much for your review we appreciate your business and your trust!

07/02/2020

Jared L.

Like butter.. smooth .. super easy super nice... Would recommend A+ Jeannette was a sweetheart... Great customer service.

Description of Work
Replace AC condenser coil.

Cost $69.95

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Thank you so much for your review we appreciate your business and your trust!

06/29/2020

Michael D.

They were terrific to work w/, very polite. Didn’t try to over-sell products not needed (like whole new system another co recommended on a 7yo unit). Had quick repair for 1/2 the price, much appreciated service, great personnel

Description of Work
Second opinion for broken blower motor; quote for repair

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

06/10/2020

Sabrina M.

Corey our technician was outstanding!!. He was very courteous, knowledgeable and genuinely concerned about our cooling needs. He took the time to explain everything and make sure I was comfortable with the process. He even helped us moved stuff out the way of the unit in the storage shed and cleaned up the insulation from the attic. Corey for President 2020!!

Description of Work
HVAC Air conditioning

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/10/2020

Mario G.

Great, Tim the tech, was absolutely a professional. Diagnosed the problem, corrected it and it was covered under warranty work. Couldn't be more happy with the work, the outcome and the way Thermo Direct handle the whole situation. Would recommend them every day.

Description of Work
Mini split wasn't working in basement bedroom

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

05/20/2020

Martin P.

Thermo Direct came to our rescue! Since we moved to the Apex area we have been nursing an old previously neglected HVAC unit until it recently quit working. Because I suffer from chronic asthma it’s crucial that the HVAC system is working. Eddie Blanchard listened to our concerns and helped tailor the best system for our needs. The super friendly office staff organized the installation date and time and then a courteous and efficient installation team removed the old unit and replaced it with an amazing, state of the art system. With the final touches completed yesterday by Lucas and Doug. My wife and I appreciate how we have been treated by Thermo Direct and plan on being a part of the Thermo Direct family for a long time! We strongly recommend!

Description of Work
HVAC REPLACEMENT

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed]for your review here at Thermo Direct that's what we strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. We look forward to you being a part of the Thermo Direct Family. Thank you for trusting Thermo Direct to take care of your needs.

04/21/2020

Doni M.

Jeanette was fantastic!! She was so responsive, helpful, and had great follow up. She went above and beyond my expectations, giving us the best customer service I have ever seen!

Description of Work
INSTALLATION AC unit

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Thank you for your review we aim to please each and every customer thank you for using Thermo Direct.

04/09/2020

bill R.

The gentleman that came out was very knowledgeable and did a great job. He was very professional, and he knew what he was doing. The price seemed a littler high but the service was worth the price.

Description of Work
They changed a motor on an air mover.

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

03/25/2020

Michael D.

I spoke with Jeanette and I was blown away by her friendly demeanor, knowledge of the industry and her desire to provide me with a positive customer experience!

Description of Work
Looking for a new HVAC System

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

Thank you very much for the compliment I believe in treating everyone the way I want to be treated. Thanks you for using Thermo Direct Home Services.

01/07/2020

Melanie B.

Very well, technician is prompt and courteous and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Mini-split maintenance

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

01/02/2020

Martin P.

The technician (Tim) performed the maintenance while explaining everything he was doing. I Definitely have developed a trust in this company and their technicians 👍. Strongly recommend!

Description of Work
6 month maintenance

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

12/09/2019

Richard M.

It went very well, unit and all duct work replaced in a day and a half, as expected. Friendly professional workers, they have already returned to adjust the duct dampers to improve flow to bedrooms. Price was in line with quotes from other HVAC companies.

Description of Work
Replacement of HVAC unit

Work Completed On 11/12/2019