Windsor Lawns

Founded 1998 • With Angi since March 2010

PO Box 405

Windsor, WI 53598

Windsor Lawns is a landscape consturction and turf services company. PLEASE CALL US if you don't receive a response thru email. Emails do not go directly to us.

03/25/2018

Gloria M.

Deck restoration was done poorly. Deck was not cleaned properly and floor did not receive two coats.

Description of Work
Lawn and deck restoration.

03/25/2018

Gloria M.

They over-charged for things not requested. The deck work wasn't as requested and have to have redone.

Description of Work
Lawn and deck work

Category decks, landscaping

09/14/2016

Gloria M.

Horribly. They were supposed to clean and coat the deck with two coats of finish. It is now peeling and moldy. We paid an exorbitant amount for this work.

Description of Work
Coating deck

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

07/26/2016

Garrett C.

I found them from my neighbor. Quality lawn cutting! I have never come across the workers, they are not here when I am here. I have been using them for one year.

Description of Work
I use Windsor Lawns for lawn cutting.

Category lawn service

09/29/2015

Robert N.

No work was done beyond the estimate.

Description of Work
Matt provided a detailed estimate of the work we wanted to get done. Although we ulitimately decided to go with a different company, I was very impressed with the process. I contacted Matt and he came out to do the estimate the next day. His estimate was in our hands the day after that. While the estimate was by no means out of bounds, we just decided to go a different way. I would certainly not hesitate to contact them again should the opportunity arise. Based on the reviews they have gotten thus far, I would recommend them highly to others as well.

04/13/2015

Georgiana S.

It went very well! We are pleased with the results and will be using Windsor Lawns for future projects. We recommend Matt and the crew at Windsor Lawns without reservation. The crew worked diligently from the time that they arrived until they pulled out of our driveway. The clean-up was impressive, too.

Description of Work
Matt Feldman and his crew did an excellent job of creating additional landscaping for the yard at our home. There were 4 areas in need of attention....and they did the work in a timely manner and flawlessly. It is aesthetically pleasing.

11/22/2014

Dana B.

I hired Windsor to remove a very large tree near our house. I was concerned about having the tree taken down because it actually leaned a little over the roof of the house. Matt came out promptly for an estimate and was able to do the job shortly after. We got a discount because it was in March. They did a great job and took a lot of care with the parts that were near the house.

Description of Work
Large tree removal

11/21/2014

Dana B.

We hired Windsor to remove some tall dead trees from our yard and a dead hanging branch. They weren't able to come out as soon as we would have liked--it took them about a month to come out. They did a great job, removed all the branches/trees and cleaned up well. They have removed trees for us before and would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category landscaping, tree service

09/29/2014

Pamela S.

Matt was great! Gave us our estimate and went above and beyond our expectations for filling in our concrete pool. He even showed up a day early!

Description of Work
Pool Removal/Landscaping

07/15/2014

Susan T.

Excellent work and great attention to detail. Matt Feldman is prompt and attentive, and has a good crew. 66 of the Boxwoods make up an intricate knot garden with a fountain in the middle. Precision is key and I was worried the guys would think I was a little nuts. Instead, the lead on my project (Chris) had seen knot gardens when he studied landscaping and was excited to work on one. The result is perfect! My retaining wall, which is 13 years old, was showing significant signs of erosion (the builder did not put landscape fabric behind the rocks). The team dug out behind the rocks, installed fabric, fit in additional smaller rocks, back filled with dirt and put in plants. The result is not only functional (surviving a huge downfall with no washout), it is beautiful. I got to watch Antonio do the last section today and was amazed at the work that went into it, and the artistry of how the smaller rocks were placed. Antonio also hand pruned 9 large juniper bushes, and they look great. I will definitely be using their services again!

Description of Work
Replaced 72 Boxwoods, 3 rose bushes and a tree, and fixed my 15-18 foot tall retaining wall.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

06/30/2014

Renee M.

They did an awesome job. Matt called in the morning wanting to know if they could come that day. I had some plants I wanted to dig out and save before they came. He offered to do that for me and put them in a shady spot in the yard. They finished in one day and it looked great. They trimmed up a couple of bushes, re-set 2 window wells, which was unexpected but very much appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. We definitely got our monies worth.

Description of Work
Removed old landscaping in front and side of house and relaced with new edging and a few bushes.

05/22/2014

Gary W.

They started yesterday and they are here now. They are doing a dynamite job. They are just knowledgeable and they have a quick response. They are polite and nice people, both the owner and the employees. They know what they are doing and they do a good job. Their price is also perfectly fair. I would absolutely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I am currently using Windsor Lawns for backfilling along the edges of a new asphalt driveway, tearing out some old shrubs and putting in some new ones, doing a lot of pruning and putting in some new planting beds.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

05/05/2014

Brian K.

We are pleased with the result. The team worked out in the snow- yes snow in April! It looks better than we'd hoped it would. Matt and his company rebuilt our retaining wall ( this is an update to a review given April 2011) back in 2011. When they came a couple of years ago they redid retaining wall, removed some bushes, and planted some new bushes. We liked the work then and because we liked it so much we've hired them again. Matt and his company are very professional and respectful of the yard. We'll definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They put stone around two trees and a mailbox along with installing a new mailbox.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

04/27/2014

Douglas F.

Matt responded quickly to my phone call and provided a written estimate by email within 8 hours. He arrived on time the next day to go over estimate with me and discuss the work I wanted done. His crew arrived on time both work days and worked carefully and quickly. When they had questions about possible options for the work they consulted me. Results are what I requested and expected. Clean up was good and the rain this week has proven the stability of the erosion control work. Matt did mention to me that even though there is an email link on the Angie's List page he generally does not respond to those queries. I found that true for I had emailed him 10 days earlier and got no response but his response to my phone call was very quick (within a couple of hours). I suggest the best way to contact him is by phone.

Description of Work
Renew mulch beds and edging around them (20+ yards of mulch) Install new mulch around existing trees Replace landscape timber steps on slope in yard Install rock for erosion control around culvert outlet

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

02/19/2014

Jim and Jean K.

So far, we are very happy with their work. They were very punctual, professional, and very considerate about our property. Their price is competitive as well.

Description of Work
I have used Windsor Lawns landscaping.

11/05/2013

Daryl D.

We have had Matt at Windsor Lawns do numerous jobs for us. He is by far the best landscaping company around! Thanks Matt!

Description of Work
Fertilizing and landscaping

10/01/2013

Lynn W.

Matt Feldman is the genius behind the company and employs only hard working, courteous, honest, talented staff. All of them have always responded to our landscaping wishes with honest and imaginative plans and very reasonable rates. They are at the site on time, work hard and pay attention to details and always leave the project site clean if not cleaner than when they started. I would never think of having anyone else take care of so many landscaping projects, lawn care, tree service and pruning. They ARE the experts in this field and I highly recommend them. You will get your moneys worth and a beautiful lawn and landscaping project. You will also be working with intelligent, honest, courteous and very hard working men.

Description of Work
Matt and his talented crew have built an entire paver patio around 3/4 of our home, adding incredible sytle and increasing our outdoor usage space by 100%. They built a new paver 4 step entry system with a pad landing in the front yard and a stone post for our American flag at the front door. They built an exquisite floor to ceiling stone fireplace and we added a gas fire insert and 55" TV that appears to be built into the stone. They have planted 4 gorgeous trees, pruned the trees, hedges and bushes in our front yard. They built a beautiful white fence in our front yard. They cut, fertilize and maintain our nearly 1/2 acre lawn impeccably. They built a stone and paver sitting wall and also a stone, paver and glass block corner wall on our patios and they are all one of a kind and amazingly artful. They have also black topped and sealed our 100 foot driveway yearly.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service, hardscaping

07/26/2013

Steven R.

This crew of guys worked like little prairie dogs before the 100-year flood was about to hit. I don't think I have ever seen a group of guys work so hard for so many hours. They did an absolutely marvelous job! They extended a flagstone walkway we already had so any in-coming flowing rain water would hit that first before it then diverted quite naturally along a swale they fashioned to facilitate water drainage away from the house, and down and out into the backyard. They dug the ground down several inches, moved and rebuilt 2 retaining walls (very difficult job), and then devised a bed of stones and rock to slow the water down before it then flowed down some widened and rebuilt flagstone steps and out into the backyard. Lastly, they reseeded the entire project area with grass seed and placed a straw mat over its entire length. The very night they finished the work we received 3" of rain. Their work was a proven success! Not so much as a single drop of water entered the house! Some of the grass seed washed out but they promptly dropped off a large bag for us to resprinkle over the previously seeded area. The grass has come in beautifully and 1 month later, even with nearly 11" of rain in June alone, we have had no water drainage problems. This crew was not only hard-working but every one of them was polite and well-mannered. They worked under an impressive project manager who treated all his workers respectfully and kindly. That project manager stopped over to check the effectiveness of their work 1 month later, which was great follow-through and closure for us. We really appreciated the fact he stopped to check on the effectiveness of the finished product. Without any hesitation at all we would highly recommend Matt Feldman from Windsor Lawns LLC and his crew of workers. From the initial assessment to the actual completion of the work we were truly pleased, impressed and HIGHLY SATISFIED!

Description of Work
We had a water drainage problem on one side of our house. They improved the drainage by moving 2 retaining walls and creating a long swale in order to catch the water and divert it away from the house. They added a small flagstone walkway, where the water first flows to, before it ends up in the swale to drain down some flagstone steps, out into the backyard.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

07/11/2013

Arthur D.

Timely estimate. Major part of work done within 3 weeks. There was a delay in sealing the pavers with polymeric sand but that was due to the fact that the pavers had to be dry and we've had so much rain. While waiting for the polymeric sand there was washout under a section of pavers after a very heavy rainstorm. I've experienced washout in this area in the past as it's due to my yard grading and not related to the paver placement. Matt repaired the washout without charging me extra and offered a suggestion how to regrade the area to prevent this from happening in the future . I'd definitely use Windsor Lawn if I need lawn work in the future.

Description of Work
Placed and cut pavers with underlying crushed limestone at edges of fenced in garden beds

Category landscaping, hardscaping

06/21/2013

Pam D.

Everything went like clockwork! I called Matt to get a quote and he returned my call the next day and we set up a time for him to come take a look. He was on time and told me when he could start the job if he got the quote. He did get the job and his crew was here on time and the day he had said. They did an absolutely fantastic job and I am so pleased with how nice the area now looks! They also did an awesome job with the clean-up. I would not hesitate to recommend Windsor Lawns to anyone and it I ever need any future landscaping I will call Windsor Lawns.

Description of Work
They removed out of control ground cover in a rock garden area near my patio. They re-set square blocks level with patio. The brick edging was raised up and fabric was installed and plants I wanted to keep were planted and 2" red granite was put down to replace the bark chips that had been there. The brick edging was also moved further out from steps and now looks really cool. All plantings are very low maintenance which is what I was after. They also brought and set in one new boulder.

06/19/2013

Annette R.

All of the Windsor Lawn employees were hard-working, polite, and professional. The final job looks absolutely beautiful. We will be recommending them and if we need landscaping in the future, they will be the only company we call!

Description of Work
Windsor Lawn removed old overgrown shrubbery, brought in dirt and corrected the grade of our yard. They created edged beds around entire house and planted a variety of trees and shrubs.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

05/31/2013

Nancy W.

Excellent service and I got a perfect maple tree. I had to replace a 30 year old tree and Windsor Lawns picked out a beautiful tree. They were responsive to my calls and showed up when they said they would. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Added a beautiful large maple tree in my backyard.

05/22/2013

Mike F.

Matt & his team did an outstanding job! I am a very particular person & Windsor Lawns met all my expectations. They were professional & the finished product was great. They also did an excellent job of clean up.

Description of Work
Replaced bark mulch in landscape beds with rock

12/06/2012

KAREN B.

Their service has always been excellent. The quality is very high and they are very responsive.

Description of Work
We have used them numerous times over the years for landscaping service and a little concrete work. Most recently we had to have some burned out grass replaced.

09/11/2012

Daryl D.

Matt and his crew have worked at our residence multiple times. Not only has he been very professional to deal with, all work was completed exactly when he said it would be. He does such good work that Windsor Lawns is the only company I call when I need Landscaping or lawn care completed. I intend on using him again this fall.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Gifting Hands, LLC

Landscaping and Home Cleaning Services Serving: All Madison, Sun Prairie, McFarland, Stoughton, Oregon, Fitchburg, Verona, Middleton, Waunakee, Deforest Gifting Hands, LLC is a family-owned and operated business. We provide the highest-quality services at reasonable prices! We are open for business all year. We have experience and local recommendations since 2017. We have our customer's best interests in mind when providing any service! We stand by our quality and provide consistent service to your home. You will always have the same person in your lawn!!! Services offered include but are not limited to the following: Landscaping, Lawn Mowing, Trimming, Edging, Aerating, Mulch, Spring/Fall Cleanups, Lot Clean Ups, Weeding, Monthly garden bed maintenance, Hedging/Bush trimming, Bush removal, Brush/Haul loads to a dump, Leaf cleanup, Leaf removal, Pruning, Snow Removal/Salting, Home Cleaning Services, and more! We don't leave until you are happy with our work. We do not mind being micro-managed. Satisfaction is promised! Message me for a free estimate. Thanks! Joe

2022 Super Service Award

Greenscapes LLC

Winner of the 2014, 2016 and 2017 Angie's List Super Service Award, Greenscapes LLC has established a reputation as a leader in commercial and residential landscape design, construction, and maintenance in the Greater Madison Area. As a full-service landscape company, we are a one-stop shop for all your landscaping and snow removal needs. Our knowledge, attention to detail and personalized customer service, ensures that our customers’ needs are met and services are delivered in a timely manner.

Alonso Landscape Service LLC

Welcome to Alonso Landscape Service, a full-service landscape company with one goal - making our customers happy. Our professionalism, dedication to quality and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction has catapulted us to the forefront of landscape service providers in Dane County. At Alonso Landscape Service, landscaping is more than a job. It's an opportunity to create beauty and satisfaction for our customers. We ensure that our customers receive the time, attention and expertise each job needs for ultimate, timely, cost-effective results. From hardscaping to seasonal plantings, lawn maintenance to snow plowing, we view every job as our only job... until it is completed. We Are Fully Insured! For appointments, please call (608) 308-4983. (608) 239-4577 or email us at contact@alonsolandscapeservice.com Visit our website at http://www.alonsolandscapeservice.com

Brick Paver Sidewalks, Flower Beds, Fertilizing/weed control, Pruning, Retaining Walls, Designing, Mowing, Plowing, Nursery Stock, Install large trees, Delivery of Mulch, soil & stone