Darren's Skid Steer Service Inc.

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2012

The Milwaukee Award Program has chosen Darren's Skid Steer Service Inc. for the 2013 Milwaukee Awards in the Construction Excavation and Grading classification. Insured, bonded, prompt service and satisfaction guaranteed. We have very high work standards and safety practices to achieve the best work performances that our customers can count on. Today's best technology with modern and state of the art attachments with two skid steers and three dump trucks to better service our clients....

M&M Tree Care

Family owned & operated. 20 employees. Additional email - office@mmtreecare.com. Additional contact name - Robert Miller. See website for additional service areas.

Millennium Landscaping

We specialize in landscaping, lawn care, hardscaping, retaining walls, pavers, patios, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Hoppe Tree Service

Our crew has the expertise and equipment for pruning jobs big and small. The equipment, experience, and knowledge of our team of arborists is second to none. Service matters... Hoppe Tree Service has won the Angies List Super Service Award for 18 years in a row from 2001-2018! Get a jump on your trees for this spring season. Contact us to have a certified arborist evaluate your trees! Whether it is pruning or removal work, or staying ahead of insect and diesase pests before it becomes too late. Our crew can help.

Offers by Hoppe Tree Service on Angi

04/05/2021

David H.

Everything I could have hoped for. Darren showed up on time, adjusted the bid when I asked him to do some extra work, was done by end-of-day, delivered quality product, did it the best way imaginable... all around an amazing experience. I love it when you hire someone that knows what they're doing and does it well.

Description of Work
3'' of gravel in the driveway and around perimeter of garage

Category excavators,pavers, gravel

05/20/2018

Jesse B.

I was in need of excavating a 455sq ft area for our brick paver patio project. I began researching contractors and found Darren rather quickly. I contacted him regarding our project and immediately found him to be prompt in returning calls and professional through all conversations. Darren knew of some upcoming weather challenges and provided me with a couple options for either a possible weekend excavation or possibly 7-10 days later... I asked if the weekend could work so I could maintain my timeline and he accomodated my request. When Darren arrived Saturday morning he showed up with all the equiptment, met with me to discuss and review the project, and began work ahead of schedule. Through the project he took very good care of surrounding trees and bushes so he would not disturb or damage them. He removed all waste materials promptly. I also appreciate that Darren provided a quote several days before the project and once the project was completed the final charge was exactly what he quoted. Darren even offered to provide a service to pick-up and deliver the gravel materials for my project at a reasonable price (which I did accept). I would like to state very clearly that Darren treated my property as if if were his own. He is an exceptional contractor that is also a very good communicator and someone I would both rehire and recommend to others. A very safe choice for quality work at a good price. Thanks Darren!

Description of Work
Backyard excavation for brick paver patio

09/25/2015

Renae S.

It went much faster and easier than I thought it would. The estimate he wrote for me did not include any manual labor. It was for doing all of the heavy work: operating the machinery, doing the finish grading and filling the ruts left by a previous contractor, the topsoil and delivery, etc; I did the manual labor of picking / popping stones the machine couldn't get to, raking/smoothing the topsoil, removing debris, etc. We finished the job in approx 2 days and he took an additional $300 off his original estimate because we finished ahead of schedule. I will definitely be calling him again when I need landscaping materials delivered or a skilled machine operator.

Description of Work
Skidsteer and Harley Rake service, as well as providing 50 yards of topsoil in two deliveries (at my request) and finish grading/rut repair for an area approx. 5000 square feet. Provided a detailed written estimate which I accepted immediately. He explained what the job entailed and how he charges for his time and machinery. He is also very nice to talk to and was here at or before 8 a.m.ready to work.

Category hauling services,landscaping,mulch,pavers, gravel

07/28/2015

Cindy F.

Darren was prompt at returning my phone message and we talked through the project and what I needed to get done. He gave me a phone quote for $475. We were able to set up a time for the job. Darren was very good and professional about the scheduling phase which was affected by another job and weather. On the day of the job, Darren showed up prior to the time I expected so that he could survey the project and park his equipment in a way that would not affect my neighbors or traffic on my street. I have to say that the work performed and the clean up of the old gravel driveway was beyond my expectations. Darren cleaned up an unsightly driveway, rock and dirt pile. My neighbors must have been impressed too because I saw one of them approach Darren at the end of the job and ask for a quote! I almost wish I had another project, because everything went so smoothly.

Description of Work
Darren gave me a quote over the phone to re-fresh my gravel driveway and remove a pile of dirt and large lannon stones that were left over from a previous project.

Category hauling services,landscaping,pavers, gravel

06/30/2015

Amanda H.

Darren is great at maneuvering the machines and makes the seemingly impossible happen.

Description of Work
We needed a machine to dig and place large stone treds from house down to lake on a 30 foot decline. Also graded large areas in the yard.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel

06/16/2015

Cheryl F.

Darren did a great job for us. He was always there in the morning when he said he would be and sent pictures by text during the day so we could see the progress through the day. At the end of the day we always talked and he gave us updates. We also talked about what was going to happen the next day. As the project went along we had to change a few of the ideas and he offered great advice and listened to what our ideas were as well. Darren was very flexible and was interested in getting the project done right. The entire job took 4 days. I would hire him back without question and will refer him to anybody that needs these types of services. Thank you Darren.

Description of Work
Re-graded our back yard and put in a culvert in order to re-route water run-off so it would not come to our house.

06/11/2015

Pamela D.

Darren did an excellent job. He went far a beyond expections. He had great ides for us which would help water flow in addition to what he was hired for then even helped me get started on it. Darren was given extra dirt and he passes the savings to us. He did not charge for things in his original quote that he did not actually need to use. He was extremely fair and honest. Darren helped us by spreading out the extra dirt , in the front yard,out of the kindness of his heart, making it easier for us.. Highly willing to please the customer and hard working. The place he graded flows with the yard and will be easy to mow. Thanks Darren, you did an excellent job. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Darren changed the water drainage in the back yard.and removed a unwanted lump in the yard. He shook top soil in the front yard so that we could easily rake smooth and seed rather then working from a pile.

05/28/2015

Mary Beth A.

Darren arrived at 7:20 am, bringing a Bobcat and a large dump truck, parking them off the driveway without causing any damage to anything. He first removed 2" of dirt off the driveway. The dirt he removed was neatly placed out of the way which was just fine. When that was done, he dumped a load of crushed stone down. Because of the size of the driveway, he had to get a total of five loads of stone to do the job. Darren spread the 5 loads of stone evenly over the driveway. Then it had to be graded and compacted. The edges of the stone are clean and straight. He was very careful in the work. He made sure our large gate opened and closed after the job was done. The finished job looks and is perfect. We are very happy with the quality of the work done.

Description of Work
Redid gravel driveway. Removed several inches of dirt and added 35 tons of crushed stone. Leveled stone, compacted and graded driveway. Total time spent on the job was 7 1/2 hours.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel

09/16/2014

Thomas L.

Darren was fantastic! We had 72 yards of fill dumped in our back yard, and needed it spread and compacted, and needed a burm built for future trees. Darren showed up right on time, took the time to understand the project, and then started work. After 30 minutes, he had the burm roughed out and compacted. He stopped to make sure things were exactly how we wanted. Since it was hard to get a feel for how the final layout would look, he gave us suggestions along the way. He was also open to us making adjustments as we saw the shape and height of the burm. After 2 1/2 hours, he was finished, and we had exactly what we wanted. I had considered renting a skid steer and doing the work myself. After completing the project, it was actually $100 cheaper to have Darren do it. We will be using him again for the top soil, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Spread fill and constructed a burm

Category landscaping,mulch

08/08/2014

John S.

Darren was great. He was courteous, prompt, accurate and fair. His communication skills are topnotch. My dirt piles are gone and the rough grading complete. I would gladly work with him again.

Description of Work
My project was a large grading job for a new home that took about one week. This was challenging work with steep hillsides and enormous transfers of subsoil, topsoil and gravel.

Category landscaping,mulch,pavers, gravel

Grading, augering, hauling, topsoil, sand, stone, gravel, traffic bond, recycled concrete, fill, mulch, haul, top soil, rough & finish, grading, dig, soil, swale, berm, auger, drill, hole, sonotube, deck, porch, patio, sign, light, post, pole, fence, tree, trench, silt fence, erosion, water remediation, french drain, dump truck, concrete breaker, removing, blacktop and concrete, driveway, sidewalk, steps, patio, waste, debris, demolition, forks, remove