A MODERN APPLIANCE SVC

With Angi since July 2010

3.8

9511 W NATIONAL AVE

Milwaukee, WI 53227

FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED. SERVICES MILWAUKEE, WAUKESHA & OZAUKEE COUNTIES.

07/16/2015

Claire V R.

They were running early so they called to see if I was available. The tech came 30 minutes early and was done in about an hour. He tested the appliance to make sure they were running properly. He took away all the old parts and left no mess. My final cost was less than the estimate.

Description of Work
Replace door boot seal (I had the part) on my LG washer. Replace the door gasket (I had the part) on my LG gas dryer. Clean the dryer duct and replace and tape some of the segments to create a better path and seal to the outdoors.

06/10/2014

Jeffrey H.

That one went perfect. It was pretty awesome. We are pleased with him. They knew what they were talking about just by working with us over the phone. They didn't try to sell us anything that we didn't need. He came in, showed us the bad part, replaced the bad part and the refrigerator is working less than an hour. It was pretty incredible. It exceeded all my expectations. It was very cheap.

Description of Work
I used A Modern Appliance Svc. He repaired our refrigerator that had a part that was blown. Right over the phone he was able to understand what was going on just by describing what happened. They came out the next day and he had the part in hand and repaired it, just in a day. He came the day that we got back from our vacation.

11/26/2012

Katherine K.

They were able to fix everything just fine and has worked great since. I thought they were really professional and informative.

Description of Work
He had to replace the motherboard on my refrigerator.

05/23/2011

ROGER W.

They primarily do refrigerators because they are primarily fridge engineers and that is why I was referred to them by another company. They do most brands including LG and Kitchenaid. The price was reasonable. It was actually a simple fix. They were professional. I would recommend them and would use them again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
I used Modern Appliance Service to fix the refrigerator for me.

05/19/2011

Miranda D.

I already toldl the story, but I forgot to mention that it took Modern Appliances ONE MONTH to get a part for the dryer on the second call.

Description of Work
Unfortunately for me, this company is tied-in with a major appliance insurance policy I have with my mortgage. I am currently desperately trying to get them removed. The woman who answers the phones was belligerent and rude when I first called. The repairman is just awful as far as personality. I called the mortgage insurance company, and THEN the woman who answers the phone was decent and apparently, the repairman tried his best to improve, with awful results. These people have fixed the exact same problem with my dryer three times, and it needs replacing now. My refrigerator is breaking down, and I've only had the thing a couple of years. I called immediately to Modern Appliances. The woman assured me she'd " call me right back." That was yesterday. This morning, because I am disabled, I had to pay a cab driver to get me breakfast because I cannot put food in the refrigerator, which is not cooling. It's after 10 AM, and I STILL have not heard back from Modern Appliances. I'm sure they will band-aid my refrigerator, as they have my dryer. They are totally unresponsive and awful. Yesterday, after their apparent "chat" with the mortgage insurance company, they came back THREE HOURS LATER to complete the repairs. I had to cancel a doctor's appointment. At least I didn't wait a month.

04/16/2011

Nicki S.

He does a marvelous job on repairing any appliances like refrigerator, wash machine, and dishwasher. He walks in the door and trouble shoots something immediately and he knows exactly what to do to repair it and does it very quickly and efficiently. He can service just about any appliances. He is quick efficient and knowledgeable. He is pretty reasonable. I would use him in the future.

Description of Work
MODERN APPLIANCE SERVICE replaced a faulty water line from my refrigerator. In the past he has repaired my wash machine dryer. He is one repairperson I have used on and off in the last 20 years.

04/30/2007

BECKY G.

I called Tom on the phone to come and check our leaky refrigerator. He told me he would come out the next day. I ended having to cancel because of a prior engagement. Tom was very enthusiastic and not very pushy. I told him I would call him back the next week. The next week came around and I did call Tom again. He said he would come out the next day. He did show up and fixed the problem. The problem with the refrigerator was very simple and Tom fixed it. He showed me what to do next time if the problem happens again, so I can save myself $100. The only thing I could suggest is that drop cloths be used so I don't have to wipe up the floor when he left. Overall good experience.

Description of Work
Repaired leaky refrigerator.

04/06/2006

THE RESPONSE TIME WAS HELPFUL SINCE WE GO THROUGH ABOUT 20-25 LOADS OF WASH PER WEEK. THE REPAIR MAN INFORMED ME OF THE EXACT PROBLEM AND WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO REPAIR IT AND WORKED QUICKLY & CLEANLY TO FINISH. VERY RESPECTFUL.

Description of Work
CLOTHES DRYER REPAIR- IN HOME ANALYSIS AND REPAIR WITHIN 45 MINUTES START TO FINISH. JOB FINISHED WITHIN 2 DAYS OF INITIAL CALL TO OFFICE.

11/14/2002

T C.

THE REPAIRMAN THAT CAME OUT WAS IN A RUSH, AND HE PULLED DOWN THE MICROWAVE AND REMOVED A CHARCOAL FILTER THAT CAME WITH THE MICROWAVE, AND TESTED IT ON THE GROUND. HE THEN SAID IT WAS FIXED AND HE LEFT. AFTER REPLACING THE MICROWAVE, I FOUND THE VENT STILL DIDNT WORK. I CALLED THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO GET SOME FOLLOWUP, AND I TALKED TO A MANAGER THAT WAS VERY RUDE AND SWORE AT ME, SAYING THAT HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. I AM GOING TO RETURN THE MICROWAVE AND GO GET ANOTHER ONE AT A DIFFERENT COMPANY. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE TECHNICIAN WAS NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Description of Work
BOUGHT AN ABOVE-RANGE MICROWAVE FROM CHOULDERS, AND THE VENT FAN DIDNT WORK. AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO GET IT REPAIRED, WE WERE REFERRED TO MODERN APPLIANCE.

07/22/2002

MARTIN C.

SERVICEMAN ACKNOWLEDGED THAT 2ND PUMP REPLACEMENT WAS NOT NECESSARY DAMAGE TO MY CABINETS TELEPHONE REP WAS EXTREMELY RUDE

Description of Work
REPAIR TO GE DISHWASHER OCT 2001 REPLACED PUMP JUL 2002 REPLACED PUMP, REPLACED VALVE DAMAGED MY CABINET

05/01/2000

Description of Work
APPLIANCE REPAIR

05/01/2000

ANTHONY R.

Description of Work
FIXED DISHWASHER

Prism Appliance Repair

We specialize in making home appliance repair as hassle free as possible for the customer. You can skip the phone lines and book your service directly on our website. With decades of experience, you can be assured a knowledgeable and friendly technician will be at your doorstep as quick as possible.

2022 Super Service Award

Dave's Appliance Service

Dave’s Appliance Service is proud to provide superior customer service and appliance repair to clients in Milwaukee, Waukesha and surrounding counties. Specializing in all major appliance repair, including refrigerator repair and washer repair, the experts at Dave’s appliance service can fix any appliance quickly and affordably. Dave’s Appliance Service is a family-owned and operated company and has provided top-notch appliance repair in Milwaukee for over 50 years. Our reputation for quality, reliable service is one of the best in the business. Dave’s appliance service repairs all your favorite name brands including Frigidaire, GE, Sears, LG, Bosch, Hotpoint and Whirlpool. Additional phone - (414) 358-0007.

Neli Virtual Appliance Repair

2022 Super Service Award

ON CARRY INS

MICROWAVES, DISHWASHERS, DISPOSALS, WASHERS, DRYERS, RANGES, REFRIGERATORS, AND DEHUMIDIFIERS. NO SECOND TRIP CHARGE IF THEY DON'T HAVE THE PARTS.