Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Northfield, VT
There are 8 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Northfield
- Eckert Construction LLCAmazing! Chris and his crew did an amazing job with budget, quality, and managing the job. They are extremely organized and they do quality work. I plan on hiring them again for future houses and projects and maybe even new builds. Thank you Chris and your crew!
- Eckert Construction LLCThe jobs were performed on time and they have never had to come back for anything. They are professional yet friendly. Very comfortable with them in my house and in interacting with them. They are immaculate. Usually when they leave, the area that they are working in and the surrounding area is in better shape than when they arrived. I would highly recommend them and they are already coming back to replace some windows in my house read less
- Multy BuildersThey jacked up the barn, tore out all the old stone walls and buckled concrete flooring. Poured a new concrete footing and wall with a drainage system to divert an underground spring. Installed new post and beam system. Rebuilt stone retaining wall with reclaimed original wall. Poured new stone floor in barn and car port. Repaired and repointed existing stone walls. Regraded entire site. Spread top soil and planted grass. The crew worked their butts off in some pretty nasty heat and muck and never complained. Very respectful of the property and eager to help read less
- Mike Russell LLCAs I was able to assist his crew and not obstruct their work, I was welcome to do so bringing the expense down. I know Mike from other community activities and that is why I hired him to do the work because I had seen and respected his energy and the quality of his work. When I approached him about this task, after several starts, he met me at the house, we talked about the work that needed to be done, he put together a estimate and with additional conversations we decided on the final project and he gave us a final estimate . The final cost for the project was 3% higher than his estimate. Considering that he didn't know what, precisely, he was getting in to with this job, he was surprisingly accurate with his estimate I think. Even though I have listed a single "service date" , the work really stretched over September, October and November 2011. We were out of the house in other accommodations on the property which certainly took the pressure off for a speedy accomplishment of the work. His crew were well mannered, friendly, skilled and neat. We are greatly pleased with the job that he did for us read less
- Deer Hill RenovationsThey are fantastic. They are nice quick and honest I had no qualms about leaving them alone in my house. They were so nice to my animals.
- Cartee ContractingThe work crew were polite, efficient, friendly. We were consulted about options during the course of the work before any permanent changes were introduced. For the amount paid the work done is very good and the contractors were very easy to work with and minimally intrusive even though they had to work in one of the most intimate areas of our home read less
- HUNGER MOUNTAIN CONTRACTINGAfter giving Megrath a down payment, he brought material to start the job. The next day he informed me that he wanted more money to do the project. I agreed to pay for the materials but not the labor. The project was completed by otheres. Megrath insisted on getting paid all the money he wanted. When I refused he put a lein on the property. I was the building contractor and if I did not pay him the owners bank would not release more money. Megrath is a crook and has several complanits at the Vermont Attorny's General Consumers Fraud Division read less
- Changing Times Building Contractors LLCWe got 3 quotes to do the work and awarded the contract to Mike Beugnies of Changing Times Building Contractors llc on 9/25/10. Building work started on approx 10/10/10, by 10/15/10, Mr. Beugnies advised that there was a lot of water and additional drainage would be required. The cost of the project increased by $6,500. By approx 11/01/10, the foundations were complete and the slab was poured, then things started to slow down. By 11/16/10, all we had up was the framing for the walls. By the beginning of December we requested a meeting with Mr. Beugnies as we had seen little progress and we hadn't seen any builders on site. By mid-March 2011, the roof wasn't on the building and it wasn't until late March 2011 that the roof plywood was put on. The plywood roof was covered with tar paper, which blew off with the first wind. Then Mr. Beugnis proceeded to nail the torn pieces back on. It looked very unprofessional, and when I questioned it, I was told it was temporary. It ws never addressed. This was when we got a better look at the way the plywood was installed on the roof. It looked like not enough wood had been purchased and small strips (approx 6 inches wide) had been nailed on to the edges at the rear of the building. In order to protect the building, a large tarpaulin was draped over the structure, but it didn't cover the ends, so when it rains, the water drips through and has soaked the insulation installed underneath these areas. At the end of March I complained about the slab as it had heaved significantly, causing puddles to collect in either corner at the rear of the garage and because it hadn't been scored the slab cracked in random places. A drain had not been installed either. I asked an external company to review the work and they were not complementary. Basically, they advised the slab be removed and replaced. I questioned Mr. Beugnies if he had installed the 2 inch insulation under the slab, he said he had, but when I checked with the excavation company that helped lay the slab, they confirmed that Mike had requested they not install it. When I questioned Mr. Beugnies why he had told me he had installed the insulation, and not done so, he didn't provide an answer. Mr. Beugnies agreed to get the slab replaced by a reputable company, but never followed up. We had a request from the company Mr. Beugnies had rented a man lift from, to settle a bill that Mr. Beugnies had not paid. We could not help with that as we had already paid a significant amount of money to Mr. Beugnies. Mr. Beugnies last turned up for 1/2 a days work on 4/15/11, he then disappeared for 2 weeks, refusing to return phone calls or e-mails. As it stands today, after 7 months of building a 2 car garage, the roof is not complete and it’s of poor construction, so it needs replacement. We never saw the shingles. The concrete slab needs to be ripped up and re-laid. The electrics are not complete and the insulation has started to fall apart in areas, as to roof leaked into it during the recent rains. The sheet rock has not been installed, neither have the garage doors. We don’t even have the materials. We fired Mr. Beugnies 5/6/11 read less
Garage Builders in Northfield
- Business Description:Twin State Construction is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests, and make their concerns the basis of our business read lessRecent Review:They were great, on time, super professional, and the work was outstanding. Also, they cleaned up after they did the job.Rick B.
- Business Description:Home repair and fire and water damage we service everyting in your home, including kitchens, roofing, siding and windows.Recent Review:I had the pleasure of working with Chris on 12/27/20. We had the unpleasant task of a major sewer line backup and overflow in an apartment building that I manage. The ceilings on the first floor had fallen in, and poo water was everywhere. He was absolutely no nonsense professional in getting a stinky situation under control. He knew exactly what needed to be done, and he wasted no time doing it in a thorough and professional manner. He was helpful through the entire project, from cleaning up the nastiness, to dealing with the insurance company, and getting the tenants back into their home. I would absolutely recommend using their services, and I am sure the situation will arise again. As a general handyman, this was way out of my realm, and I am grateful to have found Chris, and Paul Davis from Hardwick, VT read lessRobert R.
- Business Description:Located in the heart of the Green Mountains, Benedict Building and Remodeling LLC, serves the Central Vermont area. We are dedicated to making your construction and remodel projects a rewarding experience. Owner Kevin Benedict has been in the construction trades for over 20 years. Having performed a wide array of tasks, he brings the skills you need to get your project done.....On time and On budget. Estimates are always free. So give us a call, and we'll help you get your next project underw.. read lessRecent Review:Kevin Benedict's projects included the replacement of exterior doors and hardware, refinishing hardwood flooring and seamlessly patching wood flooring where needed, installing finished wood trim/molding, painting, staining and the construction of a wall of built-in bookcases. The finished carpentry work was excellent. He is a reliable self starter, as I was mostly absent from the home while he completed the projects. He maintained a clean work site, was transparent with all the material purchasing, billing and overall costs and kept me up to date regarding the project via phone calls and photos. I highly recommend his services. I attached a photo to this review of his finished bookcases read lessmark s.
- Business Description:We are a family owned construction company out of Bolton, Vermont that has the abilities to build a house from top to bottom. We do framing work, interior finish work, siding, roofing, flooring, and also repairs. We have been business for ourselves for 11 years and been doing construction for other companies beforehand for around 31 years. We are looking for local business in northern through Central Vermont. We will work by the job or by the hour. We also offer free estimates. Contact us if .. read lessRecent Review:It was good, he was very thorough and cleaned up after.Emily C.
- Business Description:Why Choose New England Outdoor? At New England Outdoor Sheds & Gazebos we take pride in knowing that all of our buildings are constructed to last a lifetime. We use only the highest grade materials and the strongest building methods to construct all our products and confidently stand behind our lifetime warranty. At New England Outdoor we strive to differentiate ourselves by offering exceptional service and support to all our customers. Your satisfaction is our top priority. History In the mi.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent!! Great service, super efficient. Friendly staff. Beautiful shed. Would highly recommend.Emily J.
- Business Description:Over 60-years serving New England homeowners. Reeds Ferry builds and installs high quality backyard storage sheds. Reeds offers 100's of shed styles, sizes, and color combinations in vinyl, or cedar wood siding. All of our products are backed by a 30-year warranty and include free delivery and installation. Visit Reeds Ferry's showroom and see 5 acres of sheds, pool houses, utility buildings and gazebos on display read lessRecent Review:Outstandingly well. Cannot recommend Reeds Ferry highly enough. Incredibly well constructed, very solid gazebo. Excellent customer service throughout. We used our gazebo as a 3 season room; ate dinner there almost every night during bug season and all summer. The ceiling fan kept us cool even on the hottest days. Our kids, home during Covid, used it as a conference room. We even entertained in it - large enough for socially distant dinners. It really enhanced our summer read lessGary F.
- Business Description:We are a customer service oriented, owner-operated flooring company. We specialize in the installation, repair, and sales of everything from hardwood to carpet and everything in between. At JRA we believe customer service, communication, and care are the basis of any service. Justin has been a professional in the industry for 10 years. His craftsman ship and and knowledge of the product will only be matched by our customer-first attitude and fair prices read lessRecent Review:Great! Did a good job, quick and professional. Thank you to Justin for working with us to make the shower look amazing once again.Therese C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Additional contact name - William C. Sinks.Recent Review:Bill Sinks and his team were so great to work with from start to finish! They were professional and thorough . Bill gave me an estimate and stuck to it. I am so relieved to have this taken care of! I would highly recommend Multy Builders for all of your building / renovation needs read lessCarol V.
- Business Description:Watkins building and remolding does start to finish work.All areas of building from framing ,decks window/doors,remolding,roofing no job to big or small.Watkins building has a fully trained crew to work for you.some financing available,billing pending project contract read lessRecent Review:Roof repairs due to storm damage. Contractor failed to complete all repairs, as was agreed upon. Contractor failed to work with insurance company as promised, Contractor failed to communicate with insurance company and provide all documentation as requested. Contractor assured me, promised me, he had previously worked with insurance company and would be able to work with them, document all and would complete the job to my satisfaction. ALL UNTRUE read lessjohn t.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- East Montpelier
garage builders in Northfield
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Green Leaf Construction554 Golf Course Rd
- Green Leaf Construction
- Holmquist Builders & Remolders1482 Goat Farm Rd
- Holmquist Builders & Remolders
- Inland Building Co.2109 Braintree Hill Rd
- Inland Building Co.
- Out on a Limb26 Hidden Cove
- Out on a Limb
- PAUL DAVIS RESTORATION404 Wolcott St
- PAUL DAVIS RESTORATION
- REEDS FERRY SHEDS®Reeds Ferry Sheds 3 Tracy Lane
Hudson, New Hampshire
- Ricky Parker Construction LLC301 South Bay Rd
Clemons, New York
- RLB Construction LLC4130 East Wells Rd
- Ronald Bruce Construction2284 McConnell Roaf
- Ryan Kimball Renovation And Painting293 Avenue A
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
- REEDS FERRY SHEDS®
- Troy Rainey Builder146 Burke Rd
- Troy Rainey Builder