Brick and stone are some of the strongest construction materials. With proper maintenance, your masonry might even outlive you. Here’s how to get started.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Appomattox, VA
There are 2 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Masonry Reviews in Appomattox
- Capital Masonry LLCApproximately 9' x 18' cavity was filled in. Pour new concrete porch floor. Mike Cadle, personally did the estimate and made certain the job gets done correctly. Excellent and outstanding. Gave me discount for senior citizen, plus Angie's List member discount. Work was done on schedule.
- Stinnette Masonry & Son'sStinnette Masonry and Sons did a great job. This started as a smallish job and became bigger than we thought. The cost was very reasonable, and it looks fantastic. Very professional crew, on time and made it all look great.
- Stinnette Masonry & Son'sJunior Stinnette and his crew are professionals in every sense of the word. We hired them to do the stonework on our new home and We are in awe of the job they did. We have since hired them to come and do the stonework on our outdoor steps. Soon we will bring them back for the retaining wall and fire pit. We highly recommend them
- MIGHTY OAK CONTRACTORSMattioli is difficult to schedule because he is in high demand. But once he is scheduled, he comes through just as promised. He starts his long days early, and keeps the worksite as neat and orderly as possible. He is very competent with regard to issues related to building code, drainage and structural soundness. Most importantly he has a fabulous eye for color, shape, detail. He very carefully selects the stone he uses not just to match, but to complement existing structures and shapes
- K & W MasonryKenny Pollard did a super job from start to finish. We had contacted many chimney repair people, most of whom would not even follow up with us after they looked at the job, flat out said they couldn't , or gave us an astronomical price. Kenny was a godsend. He was very optimistic about the job (which was difficult as the roof has a very high pitch) and always worked out ways to overcome problems he encountered along the way. A hydraulic lift was required to do the job. He was tenacious in finding the right size and at the best price. He did a few extra things at the end that made the job look more complete and professional that we had not even thought of. He thoroughly cleaned up the worksite at the completion of the work The cost of the job was VERY reasonable and did not change once he got into the repair. Having the chimneys repaired has made this old house look more substantial and ready to survive another 100 years! Kenny was very easy to get along with and kept the lines of communication going during the whole project .We will definitely use him again for any type of masonry work we have
- Mark Smith MasonryHe did a really good job. He was really good. The work was great. He was quick and complete. The work was much better than what was done before. It was a very good experience.
- All Seasons Chimney & Masonry LLCRick came out and gave us a quote. They asked for half down, and scheduled our work. When it was too hot to work, Rick called and said they would be out later in the week when the weather cooled down, since mortar does not bond well if it's too hot out. That was fine with me. They rebuilt a portion of the chimney, let it set up for a few days, then completed that work. They came out a few days after that and repaired some other masonry. Rick explained everything as they worked, was prompt with his phone calls, and they showed up when they said they would. Their workmanship was excellent
- Fast Track ConstructionHis name is Robert Clark. It was horrible. He did wonderful work when he was here. It was supposed to be a 3 weeks renovation and it took 2 months. He had his brother-in-law come and help him finish everything. He went to my lake cottage a couple of weeks ago to do a deck and a kitchen renovation. I can't say enough about the guy that came and finished the work. He did good work when he was here but he was never here. He was always leaving to go do other jobs. His ex-brother-in-law that he brought in was here every day from 8-5 and he did beautiful work. He finished everything at my house and also at my cottage. He does good work. The ex-brother-in-law did the deck, stone countertop and other masonry work. The price was good but he overcharged me on the floor
- 1A+ Masonry RestorationQuick response to estimate. Promised service between Nov 5 -15. Indicated it would take about 1 week to complete. Showed up Nov 9th without materials or tools to do the job. Left to find tools and materials for the job. Showed up Nov 10th without materials or tools to do the job. Left to find tools and materials for the job. Showed up Nov 11. I made the request that they only do what they could finish that day. They indicated I didn't understand how the work was done. I canceled the contract. I have not seen the deposit
Masonry Contractors in Appomattox
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in the concrete and masonry industries, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today
- Business Description:Absolute Construction has was created Thirty years ago but has been launched into service for twenty years strong and is still growing. We provide all over service, from the simplest fixes to full home builds and remodels Absolute Construction does it all. We take the time to sit down and go over every possible need and want a customer has. We believe that true personal touches make the difference and changes a good experience to an amazing experience. Every builder/ worker affiliated with Ab..Recent Review:In all honesty I would definitely hire Absolute Construction again. They made it very easy and simple. With my project I had a limited amount of money I could use because I was turning the apartment into a rental space. Absolute Construction went above and beyond to make sure my job was completed and they hooked me up on the price because they knew I was on a very limited budget. I will be calling them againEric M.
- Business Description:We offer any type of masonry. Brick, Block, Rock. Sidewalks, Foundations, chimneys, All Brick houses No job to big or small.Recent Review:Junior Stinnette and his crew are professionals in every sense of the word. We hired them to do the stonework on our new home and We are in awe of the job they did. We have since hired them to come and do the stonework on our outdoor steps. Soon we will bring them back for the retaining wall and fire pit. We highly recommend themSherry C.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:<p>Just wanted to drop a line or two and let you all know how impressed we were with both your workmen and their work. In today's society, you just don't find companies that really do a great job, they usually just do enough to "get by".<br /> <br /><br /> <br />At times, without their knowledge, I was home and could hear some of the men talking. Much to my surprise, their language and subject matter were always appropriate. Don't find that much in the labor force today! It spoke volumes to me. When they did speak with us, they were always very kind and informative.<br /> <br /></p> <p>The work that was performed consisted of excavating the dirt to gain access to the footings on both sides of the foundation. On the inside, they had to bust out the concrete floor and hand dig to the footing in order to install their brackets for the "unified lift system". After installing the brackets, they attached special hydraulic equipment to the brackets which drove 3" diameter<br /> <br />pipes down to bedrock. Next, they attached a hydraulic jacking system to each pier location. Using their special vehicle with a unique hydraulic pumping system they attached hydraulic lines to each location and were able to do a controlled lift. From what we understand, your company is one of the only ones that can perform this "unified lift".<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />We were taking pictures daily and emailing them out to family and friends who could not believe their eyes! They started out making our basement look like a bomb went off and when they were done it was swept and looking very nice!<br /> <br /><br /> <br />All this to say that the work done was absolutely astonishing! We will highly recommend EHM to everyone that we hear may need this type of work completed.<br /> <br /><br /> <br />Thanks so much again. We were dreading having this work completed, but you all made it so much nicer by your<br /> <br />expertise, kindness, and professionalism.</p> <p>Mike and Cheryl <br /> <br /></p> <br /Mike H.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned and operated company. We do all jobs small and big. Our prices are the best around, we encourage you to come get a free estimate.
- Recent Review:Kenny Pollard did a super job from start to finish. We had contacted many chimney repair people, most of whom would not even follow up with us after they looked at the job, flat out said they couldn't , or gave us an astronomical price. Kenny was a godsend. He was very optimistic about the job (which was difficult as the roof has a very high pitch) and always worked out ways to overcome problems he encountered along the way. A hydraulic lift was required to do the job. He was tenacious in finding the right size and at the best price. He did a few extra things at the end that made the job look more complete and professional that we had not even thought of. He thoroughly cleaned up the worksite at the completion of the work The cost of the job was VERY reasonable and did not change once he got into the repair. Having the chimneys repaired has made this old house look more substantial and ready to survive another 100 years! <br /> Kenny was very easy to get along with and kept the lines of communication going during the whole project .We will definitely use him again for any type of masonry work we have. <br /Arthur S.
- Business Description:We are a small General Contracting business, with skilled in-house specialists in our field of work. We offer 0% APR financing for up to 12 months for qualifying clientele, are in the process for SWAM certification. We are certified land disturbers, Mastic Elite Contractor, Certified Dreamhome Provider, Certified for lead removal, and certified through CSI as a Certified Siding Installer. Though SWaM Certified as a small business our skilled installers of bathroom tile, hardwood flooring, ..
- Business Description:We are a full service construction company with employees and subcontractors in every field to manage every aspect of your home and property.
- Business Description:Owned by Joel Rogers, a native of the Lynchburg Virginia area, Southern Masonry is the go to company for any and all masonry restoration needs. SMR specializes in strictly restoration and custom repairs/builds, like that chimney or porch that needs rebuilding with brick to match your home, or that gorgeous outdoor kitchen you have been dreaming of. We are also specialists in fixing those pesky leaks in your basement that just keep coming back, as well as the utilization of top of the market ..
- Business Description:Roberts Construction is a general contractor. No job is to small.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Brick steps are a timeless addition to your home with durable materials that can last a lifetime. We review your cost to replace brick front door steps here.
This guide will help you add up all of the cinder block wall costs, including materials and labor. The type of wall, such as a garden fence or retaining wall, and the dimensions of the wall change the total blockwork price.
Find masonry contractors in
masonry contractors in Appomattox
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Absolute Construction 11222 Ascot Cir
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22407
- Absolute Construction
- Home Maintenance Solutions Inc.325 Burr Oak Rd
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
- Home Maintenance Solutions Inc.
- Pyramid Masonry & Chimney Lining Co3836 Churchville Ave
Churchville, Virginia 24421
- Pyramid Masonry & Chimney Lining Co
- Stinnette Masonry & Son's128 Grove Ave
Madison Heights, Virginia 24572
- Stinnette Masonry & Son's
- William Coles1148 Faith Ln
Bedford, Virginia 24523
- William Coles