Sunburst Shutters Texas Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2010

4301 South Pinemont Ste 106

Houston, TX 77041

Sunburst Shutters Houston has been serving the Houston and surrounding areas for over 25 years. We have a reputation for taking care of customers, offering top quality products, and being very good at customer service. Sunburst Shutters Houston specializes in construction and installation of custom

11/15/2018

Jim W.

Excellent service. Measurements and color match to existing shutters was done correctly and quickly the first time. Timing of installation matched what we were advised with no follow up from our end required. Highly recommend and will use them again.

Description of Work
Custom shutters for odd sized openings to match existing house shutters

04/26/2017

Steven H.

Great. Took a long time to get them - ordered in November and came in April. Very high quality. Don't know yet how much heat they will keep out.

Description of Work
shutters for almost all windows in home

Category window treatments

Thank you for positive review. Our shutters do take 6-8 weeks for production. To clarify, we came out and gave a bid in November, but the deposit wasn't received and order was not started until February, due to your study being remodeled. We cannot place orders into production until we have final measurements. Thank you so much for your business, we hope you are enjoying your shutters.

04/03/2017

KIMBERLY K.

Sunburst is very responsive. They came out right away to take measurements and called ahead to schedule installation. The installation was very quick and the installer did a great job.

Description of Work
plantation shutters put on bedroom windows and french door in bedroom.

Category window treatments

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We hope you enjoy your new shutters!

11/01/2016

David H.

Great. Shutters were produced in specified time. Installation was quick and trouble free.

Description of Work
Shutters installed

Category window treatments

We appreciate your business! Please let us know if there is any way we can serve you in the future.

08/03/2016

Geri L.

The job was scheduled quickly and installed promptly. They are faux shutters and really add a nice upgrade for a decent price. Eventually all windows in our home will be shutters

Description of Work
We used this vendor for shutters in our kitchen, guest bedroom. They came our right away to take measurements and gave an estimated time for installation. I believe it took about 5 weeks but that's because of the holidays

02/18/2016

Paul V.

When I made an appointment for a cost quote, Cory was out the next day. He measured every window, explained all of the various options and provided a quote in about hour. It usually takes 5 weeks to have the shutters built, but ours were completed in 3 weeks. The shutters are all fully assembled, and the installer then places them into each window, fastening them in place with nails and chalk. Justin, the installer, did a great job. The shutters fit perfectly, and he completed the job installing all 10 window shutters and 1 door shutter in about an hour and a half. The shutters look fantastic, and come with a lifetime warranty. I would highly recommend Sunburst Shutters to everyone considering such an upgrade.

Description of Work
Sunburst built and installed shutters for 10 windows and 1 door.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much for your business! Please let us know if there is any way we can serve you in the future.

01/22/2016

Debbie T.

Wonderfully!! Such professional service is rare. Use these guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
All our windows!

09/08/2015

KAREN S.

I was very pleased with the results, timing and professionalism of the installation. No issues and done as agreed at the best price I found in the Houston area.

Description of Work
Installed shutters on my home to match shutters installed 15 years ago.

07/22/2015

Douglas K.

But like I said, I am going to get them and the more people I can talk to, the better handle I can get on the cost. I talked to Sunburst when I just bought the house and then there was one other company, but they totally blew me out of the water. The price was so high. I am shopping for getting plantation shutters but I have no idea who I want. The shutters are custom made. They are made out of wood or whatever it is. They install them over the window and you can open and close the shutter. They just flip up and down. They look really nice but they are really expensive.

Description of Work
I talked to them and I think they actually gave me an estimate but since I just bought the house, money was a little tight so I just didn't do anything.

Category window treatments

It is true, our shutters can be expensive for a house your size. However, shutters in general as a window covering are expensive. That said, we are competitively priced for the Houston area. We feel our products and services are the best in the business. According to our records we gave you a quote back in 2011. You gave us a B rating, but to be clear, you did not contract us to do any work for you. We hope you use us in the future and we promise it will be well worth the price!

04/13/2015

Tom C.

Our experience was good. My neighbor recommended them. We may have ordered it before because they have to make some kind of custom and it took about six weeks before they were ready to be installed. They were excellent. I like that there were no hitches. There were no problems. They came quickly. They measured. They were on-time when they delivered and the installation went very easily; there were no problems. They were great. Their product was great and the service was great.

Description of Work
We had shutters put in by Sunburst Shutters.

Category window treatments

We appreciate your business! Let us know if there is anything we can do to serve you in the future.

01/17/2015

Cass H.

I first learned of Sunburst Shutters from a brochure at Lowe's home improvement store. Then I researched them on Angie's List. I had a great experience with them and love my shutters! I highly recommend Sunburst Shutters. The salesman was prompt and courteous. He showed me options, recommended some things I had not considered (that were actually less expensive than what I had been thinking about). He measured the windows and patio doors, provided me with a quote, and did not pressure me for the sale. I pondered a day or two, then called them to complete the order. I had to wait about a month and a half for my shutters to arrive because of the Christmas holiday slowdown. When the shutters arrived, they scheduled an appointment for the installation. The installation went smoothly. The guys arrived on time and installed my shutters quickly and professionally (took about 3 hours). They removed the old blinds and stacked them neatly for me to dispose of. (Wish they could have hauled them off, but I completely understand and knew that would be my responsibility.) They were very neat during the installation and told me how to care for the shutters before they left. The shutters look great! I'm very happy! My only question to myself is, "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters and slider panels on all the windows in the house

01/12/2015

CONNIE S.

The rep was very prompt and informed. He helped me make the right decision as to which type of shutter would be most suitable. The delivery date was as promised and installation was professionally done. No issues with the operation of the shutters and they look great! Plenty of compliments from neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Measured and installed plantation shutters.

01/04/2015

Michelle M.

Joe Wilkins is the best! I have some plantation shutters that came with my house which I've had for over 11 years now. The shutters were in good shape but the hardware on the tilt rods was not. Therefore, the louvers were not opening properly or closing properly. I had one shutter that had louvers which came off because of the hardware. In the past, I had providers come out but none of them would repair the shutters -- instead they just wanted to sell me new ones (of course). I even had one provider recently come out here and tell me that I should replace all of the shutters -- even one of the shutters that was in great shape with NO hardware issues. The price to replace all of these shutters was between $3000 and $4000. Joe Wilkins came out and told me that they could fix the hardware by simply replacing all of the tilt rods and that the total cost for that would only be $350. Not only that, but he offered to do it over the holiday! I've never met a more conscientious or HONEST man in my life. What a stand up guy and what a stand up company! I would highly recommend this company -- their materials and workmanship is excellent and they are honest and caring.

Description of Work
Repaired all 4 of my front window plantation shutters by replacing the tilt rods.

10/06/2014

Jacqueline C.

From the initial contact, to the day of installation, this was the easiest process that I've ever been through working with a vendor. The installer came to measure, was extremely professional and very pleasant, and gave me a lot of advice on how to deal with unusual windows etc. He was absolutely brilliant and as I waited for my shutters to be delivered/installed, I had no worries that everything would go to plan. Two guys arrived on the day, carried in all the shutters (there were a lot of them), and began the process of putting them up, transforming my home as they did. They caulked and filled all the nail holes and did an excellent job. In fact, the process was so easy and I was so pleased with the result, that I had the installer measure for all the rest of my windows upstairs, and I'm now just waiting for the day when they will be installed. I have not used another company so I'm not sure how to compare, however, I'd highly, highly recommend this company. I'm very pleased. Thank you so very much. I'm so in love with my plantation shutters :-)

Description of Work
The provider installed plantation shutters on all windows at the lower level of my house, including transom windows, and windows in curved rooms.

06/18/2014

Terri H.

They were punctual and completed the job to my satisfaction. The shutters give the house great curb appeal and keeps the house cool.

Description of Work
Had custom shutters manufactured and installed. They were punctual and the job was done to satisfaction. They really have great curb appeal and keep the house cool.

05/06/2014

PAMELA B.

Shutters looked as though they were original to the house. Cuts in the corners were perfect and entire shutter was caulked to make shutter appear as one piece after installation. No hesitation at all to recommend this company to anyone wanting quality shutters in their home.

Description of Work
Had windows in 3 rooms installed with shutters.

05/03/2014

Debbie D.

I could not be more thrilled and happy with my new plantation shutters. Sunburst Shutters was the 3rd company I contacted to come out and provide me an estimate. I was very impressed with Sunburst for their diligence, upbeat service, and being proactive with me. With my busy work schedule, they were the only company that stayed on top of me, followed up with me, and worked around my schedule. They made me feel like they really wanted my business, and that went a long way with me. Joe came out right on time, and gave the best estimate out of the other three shutter companies. Geez - I was going to use Sunburst anyway, for the glowing reviews and how professional they were. My shutters came in a week early, so I was thrilled when they called me to set up the appointment. They were prompt and the installer was absolutely wonderful. My plantation shutters look beautiful! I get a lot of compliments from my neighbors, friends, and family. The shutters make my home look so warm and inviting. You need to get these! I will be contacting them to do my upstairs windows in the near future.

Description of Work
Install plantation shutters in six large windows in my downstairs house.

03/09/2014

eric R.

Very professional. The shutters look great and I received a tax deduction due to the poly shutters being energy saving when closed.

Description of Work
Installed new poly shutters on my dining room window.

02/26/2014

Ann J.

I had two estimates but chose Sunburst based on price. Joe Wilkins did the estimate and he was very knowledgeable and answered all questions expertly. The shutters took several weeks to be made, but they were installed without any issues. They look great!

Description of Work
Installed plantation shutters

02/21/2014

Merabeth D.

A very professional job and an extremely pleasant experience all the way around.

Description of Work
They measured and built custom shutters for our home and then came and installed them.

Category window treatments, home improvement stores

01/28/2014

Teresa C.

Sunburst Shutters scheduled someone to come out to measure and give me an estimate. I was very happy with the quote. I had estimates from several other companies and Sunburst was the best. They made the entire experience seamless from the estimate, the order to installation. My shutters were installed today and they are beautiful. It was so nice to work with them I will certainly be calling them back to do more at my home. It was also refreshing that they weren't expecting me to spend thousands of dollars and treated me as if I did. They continued to communicate with me on timing and were always ahead of schedule.

Description of Work
Sunburst Shutters provided an estimate, took my order and installed my Shutters for 2 of my windows in the front of my home. I will now be calling them back for the remaining.

11/04/2013

Amelia D.

This is the fourth house that we've used Sunburst Shutters on in the last ten years. We love, love, love them. Their product is superior and they are a dream to work with. They are responsive, reliable, and stand behind their product and that's why we'll be lifelong customers. We've also referred family members, friends, and co-workers to them because we are confident they will be pleased (and always are).

Description of Work
Manufactured and installed shutters for all of the windows in our house.

10/14/2013

Maureen D.

The representative was professional and gave me an estimate. However I decided to go with another company

Description of Work
Provided an estimate

10/13/2013

Alex S.

We have been very pleased with Sunburst Shutters.We have used them to install Polywood shutters throughout our home and now will have them installed in our breakfast room. Great product and great service.

Description of Work
Measure to install breakfast room window shutters.

01/23/2013

Jerry D.

I decided I wanted to replace my aging drapes and mini-blinds with shutters. I looked at several shutter brands and spoke with different contractors. It seemed to me that the quality of most shutters on the market are pretty much the same. I was most impressed when I spoke with Tina at Sunburst Shutters. She gave me great, detailed information about the type of shutters I was looking for, and since I had just installed new replacement windows that the top and bottom sashes tilt in to clean, she recommended that I go with a shutter frame that mounted on the wall, around the window opening so the sashes would tilt open and clear the shutter frame. I chose the Ovation wood shutters with the 3.5" plantation shutter size, in dark teak color. Ordering couldn't be easier. Sunburst came out to my home and measured my windows. A few weeks later, my new shutters were installed. The installation went flawlessly. The workers cleaned up after all of the shutters were installed. This was a great experience!

Description of Work
Installed four Ovation wood shutters, (3.5" louver, dark teak color).

Architectural Fabricators

We specialize in Automatic driveway gates and wrought iron fence. We use galvanized steel for all of our projects, set our post 5' deep and use Light duty commercial grade gate operators. We believe we give you a higher quality product for your money. For every job we do CAD drawings that will be exactly what you will get. We also do wood fences, shade arbors, masonry fences, and masonry columns. We have been a member of the BBB since 2007 and have an A rating!

Distinguished Designs

With over 30 years construction experience, our team has extensive knowledge which translates to premier home improvements that are completed quickly, neatly, and correctly! Our commitment to service, quality, and communication is displayed from the moment we provide you with a free written estimate. Please visit our website at www.southernddllc.com We pride ourselves on attention to detail and creative solutions, as well as finishing projects on time and within budget. We will design and build any home remodeling needs you may have. We will also limit the number of projects that we take on so that we can give your project the attention and detail it deserves. Our promise to you is we will exceed your expectations.

Award 2022
    Offers by Distinguished Designs on Angi
    Texas Fence

Recipients of Angie's List Super Service Award for years in Fencing, Texas Fence is Houston’s fencing service leader. Since 2003, we’ve upheld the standard for excellent service by providing the highest quality materials, employing professional installation crews, and communicating with our customers throughout the entire process. Texas Fence specializes in Custom Residential Fencing, Commercial Fencing, and Custom Driveway Gates. We work with Wood, Iron & Aluminium, Vinyl, Brick & Stone, Hardiplank, Chain-link, and Simtek materials. Visit our Website, or give us a call at 281-807-7900, for Service You Can Count on from Start to Finish.

Award 2022
    Offers by Texas Fence on Angi
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check

Interior shutters choose either wooden or polywood. Highest energy efficient shutter on the market with a lifetime warranty. Free in home estimates.

We do not offer Blinds, Shades, Curtains, or Exterior Shutters.