Interior You

Founded 2014 • With Angi since January 2015

4410 Westheimer Rd

Houston, TX 77027

InteriorYou is helping their clients create the dream kitchen, bath, and even HOMES they have always wanted. Byron introduces clients to 3D Renderings and Virtual Reality world, empowering the client to be in control and get what they want in their new design. InteriorYou and Byron have been in business for over 6 years and are very proud to have earned Angie’s List Super Service awards for 4 of the 5 years. With over 30 years of engineering and design experience, Byron and Team are very focused on delivering cost-effective, unique beautiful efficient designs, and also offer a design-build end-to-end turnkey process for their clientele. Byron truly focuses on what the client’s "needs", "wants", and "loves" are in his designs. Services: A+ Customer Satisfaction, Step-by-Step Stylizing Process, Extremely detailed 3D Design Services, StoreFront Visits to select project materials, Bid Reviews with Clients, Job Consultations, and Complete Build-out Construction Provided... and/or works with Clients selected builder. InteriorYou, It's All About The You Experience !...

10/15/2020

Chelsea C.

This is our second time hiring Byron to help us with our remodel projects. I learned my lesson after working with Byron the first time - don't even bother trying to anticipate what Byron will come up with, because he will come up with something completely different and breathtaking! Byron understands our style and helps us pull the pieces together. Totally, without a doubt worth every single penny!!!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Remodeling - General

03/12/2020

JOHN M.

Byron was very responsive and made adjustments quickly and appropriately as we went through the consultation and design process. He gave the option of in-person or online consultation. We opted online and it worked very well as he was able to make real-time adjustments as we were speaking with him. The end result is fantastic and will certainly aid in the construction process.

Description of Work
Architectural and 3D rendering for residential remodel and addition

Thank you for the kind words of review. It was our pleasure to assist you with your project.

03/10/2020

Rick W.

Working with Byron at Interior You is a very positive experience. He takes time to get to know you and exactly what you want. He then provides various options for your review. There's never any pressure, and he's happy to re-work his designs as many times as necessary to make sure you get what you want. A few years ago, Byron took the time to arrange a trip to High Point, NC, to attend the largest furniture market in the world. After 2 non-stop days of shopping, my house went from "single guy who lives alone" to "wow, where did you find all of this unique furniture and décor?" Having spent time to get to know me, Byron knew my taste but also realized that I needed pieces that I wasn't thinking about. Instead of saying, "you need this", he simply steered me in different directions than I would have naturally gone myself. This was perfect because I found several statement pieces that I would have overlooked otherwise. I am yet to begin my home renovation project, but when I do, it will be using Interior You's services.

Description of Work
Design for a home renovation project; interior design

Category interior designers, remodeling, home builders, architect

02/04/2020

Matthew M.

I hired Byron to assist me with the interior design of my home. My home has contemporary furniture and I needed his guidance and ideas on art to compliment the existing furniture to complete the living room, dining room, foyer and hallways. He guided the selection, framing, and placement of the art throughout my home. The end result is stellar and the look came out to my satisfaction! I highly recommend Byron for any interior design needs.

Description of Work
Interior Design

Category interior designers

Thank you for the kind words of review. It was our pleasure to assist you with your new artwork.

01/29/2020

Saundra H.

We had general idea but did not have a clue as to take our ideas and make transform them into actual designs that a contractor can use. Byron is a magician at taking ideas and turning them into 2D and 3D renderings that you can really see the room before the first nail is driven. Byron is easy to work with and will spend as much time as is needed to make sure you are happy with the outcome. At this point, we have final renderings and have paid his fee in full but Byron has continued to help with finding the right contractor and we have a shopping trip planned to pick out colors, furniture, tiles, etc.

Description of Work
We purchased a 1983 era condo in a high rise that needed a complete redo.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

Thank you for the kind words of review. It was our pleasure to assist you with your new remodel design and we look forward to the build-out.

01/28/2020

Rodney J.

Byron from Interior you exceeded our expectations at an unprecedented rate. He showed great patience while taking an active listening role to our concerns. He was able to bring our vision together in a timely manner, and worked until we were satisfied with the finished product. So, I challenge anyone who is tied up on Pinterest or whom can not seem to quite put there thoughts into focus, call Byron and let him help alleviate some of that design mental anguish. We will definitely use his services again, and highly recommend any others for the matter.....

Description of Work
Interior Design

Category custom cabinets, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, home builders, architect, home remodeling

Thank you for the kind words and wonderful review. It was a pleasure assisting you with the design of your new space!

08/26/2019

Anita R.

Absolutely AMAZING! Truly blown away with his ability to help envision what remodeling a kitchen would look like. I am helping my mother, who is elderly, remodel her kitchen, his virtual reality goggles were an excellent tool which enabled both my mother and myself to see all the possibilities.

Description of Work
We researched many companies online to help design our new kitchen and found InteriorYou. We were impressed with all the information we discovered regarding InteriorYou, but after meeting Byron we became even more so impressed with InteriorYou. We needed someone to help us imagine what a new kitchen would look like prior to starting any construction or remodeling and InteriorYou went above and beyond our expectations. Byron really helped us redesign a kitchen that we could have never imagined on our own. When he used his virtual reality goggles where he was able to show and help us to really see what the new design, our new kitchen, would be while standing in our current kitchen we were blown away (WOW). We are now in the process of getting proposals from InteriorYou and a couple of other companies based on the new design Byron created for us. We highly recommend using Byron and InteriorYou for any design work that you want done without question.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, interior designers, architect, home remodeling

Thank you for the kind words of review. It was our pleasure to assist you!

07/19/2019

Jamie B.

With Byron coming from an engineering background he can take a challenging space and come up with very unique ideas, things you would never think of. The virtual reality tools he uses enables us to visualize what we want to achieve is fabulous. He is very patient, professional and communicates very well when dealing with our decision making. We are very impressed and excited as we continue to work with Byron.

Description of Work
Home Remodeling ideas and Build

Category interior designers, remodeling, home builders, architect, home remodeling, outdoor kitchens

07/08/2019

Richard E.

Byron is an absolute pleasure to work. He puts customer service first. He is extremely responsive, always provides updates, and is accurate with his cost estimated. Not to mention, he has excellent taste and easily helped me achieve my design goals. I will definitely be using him again for future corporate and personal projects!

Description of Work
Interior design for corporate office

06/28/2019

Kevin O.

Byron was on time (to the minute) for every meeting. He created multiple design options for each area we wanted to remodel (including 2D and 3D renderings). I am a very detail-oriented person and always had many questions and suggestions about the designs and requested many updates. Byron willingly provided updates to portions of the designs as we pondered what we wanted. We liked Byron's design ideas and the designs were even complimented by some of the contractors we interviewed for the remodeling work. Byron helped us (and continues to help us) with selections of materials (plumbing, tile, cabinets, etc.). We needed a lot of help with this and Byron has always been willing to help. In summary, I believe that Byron Kidder goes 'above and beyond' to provide a top notch service to his clients. I would definitely recommend Byron to anybody looking for a designer for their remodeling projects.

Description of Work
I was preparing to start a large scale remodeling job of my house and decided I needed some design help for the kitchen, 2 1/2 bathrooms, and a fireplace focus wall. I hired Interior You, Byron Kidder, for this design work.

Category interior designers, remodeling, architect

Thank you, Sir. It was an honor to be selected by yourself to redesign your contemporary home with the goal of keeping the architects original design intent while modernizing the home with a few wow factors changes. Thank you for entrusting me and InteriorYou!

06/27/2019

Katie S.

We met Byron through a mutual friend, and he was excited to work with us. His charismatic personality and love of design have made the experience less daunting and exceedingly more enjoyable than I expected it to be. Byron spent quality time getting to know my style likes/dislikes and everything in between, prior to completing any digital renderings. He completed multiple design options for us to choose from, and he quickly made changes when we asked to see it a different way. One of the most fascinating experiences of this process was seeing the kitchen design through virtual reality glasses in the actual physical space...WOW! That was a game changer for me. I feel sure that Byron’s background in engineering is a direct result of his conscientious work ethic and perfectionist ways. I look forward to continuing our time together as the house is completed, knowing he will be there till the job is done.

Description of Work
Designs for Total Remodel

Category interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your husband, and your mini-you. I love what we were able design for your home remodel "together". It's going to be really amazing especially that kitchen :)

06/26/2019

Jack D.

My wife and I wanted a fairly significant patio renovation on current home. We had an idea of what we wanted and I thought the logical starting point was to contact a general contractor. Upon meeting with a couple of contractors, they advised that scope of my project would need engineering work. So, next I called a couple of engineering companies and was told, "no problem", just send the architect drawings. Drawings? Where the heck do I get drawings? I did a search on Angie's List and found Interior You. Called Byron and we quickly set up a meeting at our house. Here is a bit of how the process went: -Byron came to our house and we described what our we were hoping to build. It was an extensive meeting -Byron returned with an assistant and measured EVERYTHING. -He returned a few days later with an unbelievably detailed, design drawings. He brought along some Virtual Reality glasses that allowed us to stand at the sight of our project and actually see the design as if it was completed..... up-down-left-right-front-back, we visually saw the design. -He then provided us with detailed drawings which allowed us to review them thoroughly. We then started "tweaking" things, and would describe them to Byron and he would make the changes to the drawings. It was really amazing how accurate the drawings were of my current home. I'm still not sure how he did that. -When the design was finalized, Byron drafted a boiler-plate letter for us with the attached drawing which we sent to 3 contractors. We set appointments with the contractors to come to our house, which Byron attended. He led those meetings and clearly described the design and answered all questions and provided instructions to the contractors what our expectations were. We could have finished our business at that moment with Byron and we would have received more than our money's worth. But Byron continued with us every step of the way. We received the bids and Byron was helpful in translating some of the unfamiliar terms and details contained in the quotes. We made a selection of an excellent contractor. Next, we had to choose the actual finish materials we were going to need..... stone work, travertine flooring, granite, etc. Byron went shopping with us to advise and choose the materials. Byron has made himself available throughout the entire process of and has made numerous edits to the drawings and provided qulaity advise on every detail. We really had no idea of what our expectations were or should have been when we began a search for a designer/architect for the first time. Whatever our expectations were, Byron exceeded those and truly delivered more than he promised. I really feel like I got more than what I paid for.

Description of Work
Design and conceptualization service for an extensive home patio renovation.

Category interior designers

It has been such a pleasure working with you and your wife, and making new friends. Your outdoor patio is going to me amazing!

11/16/2018

Ryan J.

I met Byron by chance through a contractor we had over to assess our remodel before we got started on our design. What a blessing that was! Byron has been great from the start. He was easy to get in touch with and extremely responsive. He conducted a style session with us to understand our vision, and then created a design I couldn't dreamed up myself. He also has an engineering background which helps him to design things that are actually doable. We are tearing out load bearing walls, and his expertise was key to getting the design right the first time. He also has 3-D rendering which really helps to see what he has designed. We have really enjoyed working with Byron so far.. Part of his service even includes time to help us through the whole construction process, including shopping for materials. He is very clear about price up front, and does not charge you based on hours. He spends the time to get it right, and is very reasonable. I can't wait to begin executing our design. If you hire Byron, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Full design of my remodel for my home built in 1969.

Category interior designers, landscaping, remodeling, home builders, architect, home remodeling, outdoor kitchens

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to work with you on this project!

10/12/2018

Lynne S.

Byron is professional, courteous and insanely talented. We asked him to come up with a new design for our dated home. He was very easy to contact and was very quick with the designs. He provided us with several different designs to choose from for each area of our home that we wanted to update. Once we picked the final design from the options provided, Byron went over each aspect of the design and was more than willing to make any requested changes. Of course, his design was so incredible that we didn’t have any changes! Another wonderful thing about working with Byron’s is that you get to see the changes not only in 2-D drawings but he also has a virtual headset and you can literally walk through your house looking at the changes! For people like us who can’t picture what the design will look like by simply viewing diagrams, this service was invaluable. The changes that Byron developed for our home were beyond anything we could have imagined. In fact, they were so wonderful that when I first put on the headset and looked at our new home, I started to cry because it was so beautiful. I wholeheartedly recommend Byron. If you choose to work with him you will not be disappointed in the new design of your home or in his professionalism and friendliness.

Description of Work
Designs for home remodel

09/04/2018

Carolina I.

We started looking for a designer in February to help us with a remodeling project in our house that included the kitchen, family room, and half bathroom. We did a couple of other projects before without a designer, and they did not go very well. We wanted the guessing game with the contractors to be non-existent and we thought having a design at hand would help us with this. We contacted three designers that we picked based on A+ ratings from Angie’s list. One of the firms never returned our calls or emails, another one wanted us to meet only in their office and charge us only for a meeting, and finally there was Byron from InteriorYou. When I saw Byron’s reviews in Angie’s list I thought he was probably going to be impossible to book. Looking at his website I saw not only the amount of projects and vast experience he has, but also the quality and scale of his work. He has been featured on designer segments on local news, and on top of that he has written a book about personal and business improvement, for which he has a radio segment. So my thoughts where that he was probably too busy to take on our project and that probably he was out of range. To my surprise, he returned my call quickly, which said a lot about the way he treats his clients (like they are the first and the only). He proposed to meet in our house so he could get an immediate idea of the space and also our taste. That for us was the way we thought a designer should work. Our fist meeting took about an hour. We talked to him about our vision and he explained to us how the designer process works, and that he would be with us every step of the way. After this first meeting we knew that he was the one. He put together a bid in less than a week, and his price was very reasonable, especially for the amount of time that he dedicates to each project. His bidding includes not only time for designing the space, but also materials and accessories time, as well 3D renderings and virtual reality of how everything will look after is done. My husband is a very visual person so this helped him a lot. After we signed a contract he took time to meet again at the house, and he was with us for about two hours. We looked at inspiration photos with him, he got a sense of our vision, and he gave us his vision of the space. By the end of the meeting he could see a photo and tell us if we liked it or not. He listens to from beginning to end and puts his own creative spin on the design. Byron also has an engineering background, so when he designed our space he took into account any structural modifications that may have needed to be done to help us avoid any surprises when getting bids from the contractors. He sent one of his employees to take measurements in our house and after about 2 weeks he presented about 4 rendering options to us. We picked the design elements we liked best and then he kept working on every detail until we loved it, he made as many changes as we wanted as he really wanted us to be super happy with our choices. After the final design was done, he showed it to us on his virtual reality program in our house. It was incredible, because we could visualize the final product exactly as it should look like. We also received the 2D renderings and a contractor package to send for bids that included his information in case the contractors wanted to contact him directly with questions. But his work did not end there. He took the time to be there with us when we where meeting with the contractors for bids to make sure we asked the right questions and also to make sure that the contractors would give us an accurate scope of the project based on his design. One of the construction companies, which is rated A+ in Angie’s list, was his recommendation. He has worked very closely with them in several projects and they had the most detailed bid, so we ended up going with them (their review will come later on the year, but really good so far). Byron is still helping us on our project as we just went to pick our materials. In any other occasion that could have taken at least half a day, but Byron knows us so well now, that he knew exactly where to go, and exactly the material we would like, so it really took us less than two hours. He also met with us back at our house with the cabinet company to explain the layout to them and make sure they understood even the smallest details. Needless to say he has been available to us 24/7 and he has done way more than the specified in his contract. The construction process has not started yet, but as I said at the beginning, he will be with us every step of the way. I cannot believe how lucky we are we found him and I know he will be our designer for ALL future projects. I just hope we have enough time with him before he gets snatched by a designer TV network, because with the quality of his work and the incredible human being he is, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s his next step.

Description of Work
design of kitchen, family room and half bath

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to work with you both to create a beautiful design for your home, and a new space you and your family can now truly enjoy together. I am happy to now include you in my family of friends and look forward to sitting down with you in your new kitchen once it is complete !

08/31/2018

Thomas G.

Boy are we very happy we found Byron. We needed a complete gut and remodel of our master bath. The current layout is awful and not functional whatsoever, requiring a remodel that involved moving walls, fixtures, toilet, closet, shower, tub. We knew this was going to be a big job, and we were way in over our head with coming to a design that would work for us. We found Byron on this site. Byron came in, recognized how lost we were, and was able to get us to relax and walked us through the process. He is a very honest and open person, so there are no surprises. He fully explained the process, and he followed the process exactly as described. We have now finished the design process, so now we are embarking on building our relationship with the contractor. The good news is Byron is still helping us even though technically his work is done. We are shopping next week. Byron sat in our meeting with the contractor and helped with any questions. If you're looking for an excellent designer that is genuinely a good person that loves to help people, Byron is your guy. He responds to texts and e-mails in a timely manner and has been excellent at keeping us on track when we start veering off. A kitchen remodel is in our near future as well. Byron will be called for sure. We don't have a single complaint about Byron. Excellent designer and a really good guy that loves doing what he does.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Design

Category interior designers, home remodeling

Thank you for the wonderful review and comments. It was a pleasure working with you both to create a beautiful new bathroom design for your home/family. I very much look forward to the construction phase.

08/20/2018

Clyde L.

InteriorYou was probably the highest level of customer service we have ever experienced in a service transaction. We highly recommend Byron for conceptual design services.

Description of Work
concept design for kitchen, dining room, laundry room remodel

Category interior designers

Thank you for the kind words and A+ review of our services. It was a pleasure working with you both to create a special design for you and your family.

06/22/2018

Alison W.

Byron delivered the perfect plan to match our style, need, and vision. He was fabulous to work with and was always available for questions and updates as necessary. The plans he delivered made it easy to communicate our desires with the contractor performing the repairs. Byron has been instrumental in assisting us with materials and paint selections; heading out this week to choose countertop and backsplash for the kitchen. In hindsight, we could not have accomplished this without his expertise and ongoing support. Excited to finally get back in our home, but will miss our design meetings! Looking forward to working with him on our next project.

Description of Work
We sustained considerable damage during Hurricane Harvey. Since we were working with a blank slate, we took the opportunity to make updates and room reconfigurations to our home during the rebuilding process.

05/25/2018

Molly W.

Interior You was so enjoyable and easy to work with. My husband and I had been putting off remodeling our master bath because of all the work and headaches that go along with a remodeling job. Finding Byron was the answer to our prayers. He came in a listened to what we were saying about what we had envisioned for our new bathroom. From this first meeting on, Byron was extremely attentive, responsive, and professional. His expertise in designing and his creativity was transformed in to a beautiful one of a kind master bathrooms. Working with Interior You has been an awesome experience and I would happily recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category interior designers, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

02/22/2018

Tim H.

The attached pictures illustrate how successful this project was. Byron was simply outstanding in his design and in his communication with us. He was regularly on the job site to ensure that the construction was always going according to plan, and his follow-up was truly superb. The cost of the total project was approximately $525,000.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of our backyard pavilion and pool area

Thank you very much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with your Wife and You on this amazing project!

01/31/2018

Vanessa H.

Working with Byron was a dream. He was so easy and flexible to work with in the design process. I never expected he would help with the selection of the contractor. He held our hand from the beginning to the end of the project. Long after a normal designer would have considered themselves done. He prides himself on going above and beyond and he does! I could not recommend someone higher.

Description of Work
Byron designed a beautiful 3D of our garage turned bar. He made multiple changes as requested based on our budget and style needs. He identified 3 contractors for us to potentially use and came to every meeting offering insight and ideas. He listened and designed a space that was perfect for us!!

Category interior designers

Thank you very much for your kind words, it's most appreciative. I/We really enjoyed working on such a fun project for you and your family. I am looking forward to visiting and enjoying your new space !!!

01/14/2018

Teresa D.

Interior You/Byron Kidder transformed my tiny boring wine bar Into a Cool Unique Spacious wine bar adding puck lights, glass doors, mirror and more. Byron K. is the Reason my Kitchen Island is now Beautiful & Grand. My Bathroom shower looks amazing with Pebbles and Mosaic tiles because of Byron's expert advice. If I could remodel my entire house, I'd hire Interior You; my only regret is that I did not know Interior You/Byron Kidder during my initial build. I 100% recommend Interior You.

Description of Work
Remodeling Wine Bar, Kitchen and Shower.

12/11/2017

Karyn H.

The meetings have been convenient- sometimes Byron came to our house, some times we met online. Byron was always punctual and prepared. While we were not looking forward to the remodel (we have done it before and did not ever want to do it again), Byron made these meetings a success from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Interior You provided an end product- a 3 D view of our proposed remodel project- before we contracted with a builder/contractor. We were able to make changes, as many as necessary, until we were happy with what it looked like. the amount of effort, and time we saved, not to mention money was worth counting. The icing on this cake was the knowledge, skills and abilities that Interior You displayed made our work easier-but the professionalism and the kindness made the work enjoyable. We hope to have a lifelong friend from this partnership.

Thank you very much for the kind words. We have enjoyed working with you, and we look forward to the build-out of your new home addition. We also look forward to a lasting friendship.

12/07/2017

Terry C.

Byron was very helpful and easy to work with. He showed us what the house would look like with interior walls removed, new flooring and new cabinets. The helpfulness really left a positive impression of the process - a much better solution than trying to guess how the pieces would fit together. An excellent value and ended up saving a lot of time for us and the contractor.

Description of Work
We wanted to update the floor plan for our home after Hurricane Harvey flooding.

Thank you very much for the kind words and allowing us to help you in the design of your home’s remodel during such difficult times via HurricaneHarvey. We look forward to seeing your project through to completion.

10/23/2017

Sharon Z.

We can't say enough great things about Byron Kidder. He listened to our concerns and was able to bring together creative ideas to solve our architecture and design dilemmas. We are still working on implementing his ideas for our project and loving how it is turning out! Byron is such a warm person with abounding enthusiasm and a genuine love for what he does. He truly has a gift for 2D, 3D arthitecture and interior design it is a pleasure to work with him. Highly recommend!”

Description of Work
Interior design &decorating and Architect and house design. Kitchen, Master bathroom and Greatroom.

Category interior designers, architect