Brown Sterling Builders Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since April 2013

We are a construction and remodeling company that serves Houston and surrounding areas. We have 17 full time employees and all wear company uniforms and have company badges. We show up on time and we demand neatness, cleanliness, and exceptional work from our employees. We subcontract non of our work, and have 2 full time Administration people to satisfy your needs as a potential customer. We are open 6 days a week and can always be reached. We specialize in remodeling and additions to your home. If you are looking for a quality company,, that is professional and reliable, you have come to the right place....

A Service Provider's profile image

+15 more images

insulation (7)home remodeling (4)window replacement (3)water heaters (3)flooring (3)screen repair (2)roofing (2)gutter repair (2)siding companies (1)fence company (1)

05/02/2022

Kendra J.

Brown Sterling did a fantastic job remodeling my master bathroom, master closet, and kitchen. I had no ideal my home could look so great. They were very professional, provided outstanding customer service, and quality work. I will definitely call them for my next project.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

03/06/2018

Shaena F.

After Hurricane Harvey I had 2 feet of water in my house. Brown Sterling came in within 2 weeks of the storm and started removing sheet rock and flooring. They remodeled my entire home and it looks like a brand new home. New hardwood floors, replaced sheet rock and installation, painted, new doors inside my home, and changed my damaged back door. Office staff was very professional and so were the workers that did the job. They finished quickly and neatly and I would definitely hire them again!! The owner was so accessible and made sure that I was happy!!

Description of Work
Home Remodeled after Hurricane Harvey

Category flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

02/08/2018

Kathleen G.

Excellent all the workers were professional curtious very helpful and everything was checked and working al. Al. The garbage was picked up and floors swept I was VERY impressed and recommended them highly

Description of Work
New walk in shower new toilets new back door

Category flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/10/2018

12/04/2017

ashley M.

I called and requested some information for a quote and the office staff was extremely helpful. They sent someone out the very next day to provide a walk through and quote. In about 3-4 days I was having all the installation's done just in time for the holidays.

Description of Work
I needed to get some new screens installed and get my windows resealed to insure better insulation inside. I also was able to get my tub converted into a walk in shower.

Category screen repair, replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

11/29/2017

Sheri G.

They did a great job, put in new cabinets, floors and windows and opened the backyard and installed a new fence

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and backyard

Category fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

11/14/2016

Linda C.

It went very well.

Description of Work
A new roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

04/10/2015

Alice V.

Description of Work
We did not use Brown Sterling, & the reason is a simple one. They had TWO scheduled meetings with us to meet at the place where the work was to be done, & they failed to show up both times. They did not call to cancel or explain any kind of delay. The first time they gave an excuse of a change in their staff saying they didn't know about the scheduled meet. But they surely knew about the 2nd one. Instead of meeting at the time they had arranged with us, they went to the house when we were not at home & left a business card in the door. The reason why I have a problem with this is because it is very disrespectful to a homeowner. I, like most people, do not have time to interrupt the work day to drive to my house to meet a contractor, then wait for a reasonable amount of time only to have them not show up without even the consideration of a phone call. I cannot hire someone like that. I have no idea how they can have the rating they have from the BBB with that level of blatant disrespect.

Category insulation, water heater repair

Work Completed On 03/18/2015

04/10/2015

M. S.

Description of Work
This company installed my aluminum fencing as a contractor through Lowe's. The provider I dealt with at Lowe's didn't recommend this company and wanted another contractor to install it, but the Lowe's installation department set it up. | |When they said they were finished setting it up, the fence was clearly not straight. They had to adjust it. When I had some old concrete removed and new concrete poured two months later, the fence footings weren't large enough and the gate wouldn't close correctly. The concrete guys fixed it. | |Before I'd hired a concrete company, Brown Sterling said they'd give me a bid, but they never showed up for the appointment or even called to cancel.

Category insulation, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/18/2014

09/26/2014

Wanda A.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Ahie insulation installed. Remove old furnace.

Category insulation

Work Completed On 09/04/2014

05/20/2013

Evelynn A.

THEY STARTER ON A TUESDAY. REMOVED OLD ROOF AND INSTALLED NEW AFTER THEY INSULATED THE ATTIC AND INSTALLED WATER HEATER. THE WINDOWS WERE INSTALLED LAST

Description of Work
New Roof and insulation in attic AND WATER HEATER PLUS 6 WINDOWS.

Category insulation, roofing, water heater repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/29/2013

04/16/2013

Evelynn A.

I am very happy with the solar screens that Brown Sterling Builders built for our house. They make our house look amazing and looking forward to saving on our energy bill.

Description of Work
Brown Sterling Builders built for us custom solar screens to fit our house.

Category screen repair