ABSOLUTELY BUSHED LANDSCAPE DESIGN

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2008

18208 Preston Rd. D9171

Dallas, TX 75252

FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED. Financing available. Best warranty in the industry. Water Wise Gardens. Low Maintenance Gardens. Award Winning Design. Quality Materials. In Business Over 30 Years!

03/08/2017

Jesse S.

I contacted several companies to do a complete landscaping rebuild on my house. Absolutely bushed's pricing was on the higher end but their services looked the best. Their price quote was for $22,343.00. After deciding to go with them, I emailed them a list of questions and clarifications. For example their price quote didn't include tax and said that a $750 landfill fee may apply. I asked for a complete price quote that includes the tax and real total. Since I had a long list of questions about their quote, I suggested that the sales rep come back to the house for another in-person meeting. The sales rep emailed me back and said that his "office" in Rowlett was too far away from my house and coming back for another meeting is "not really an option." Then he went on to suggest that if he were to come back for another design meeting, that I should pay him $50 for his "gas and time" or alternatively to continue the design discussion by phone and email. He did not answer most of the questions that I previously emailed him. I emailed him back and asked why he's talking about Rowlett when the company's office is in Dallas, which is 25 minutes away from my house. If his house is in Rowlett then that's not my problem. I also asked why he would even suggest that I pay him $50 for "gas and time" to do a pre-sales design meeting on a project that will cost nearly $25,000. I concluded my email by telling him that we can discuss over phone and email and will wait for him to answer my list of questions. After getting no response to my email, I called him several times and all calls went straight to voicemail. I left two voicemail messages and to date have never gotten a response to my emails or phone calls. It's hard to understand how this company stays in business with such terrible project managers who would insult their potential customers by asking them to pay for "time and gas" and then stop responding, resulting in the loss of a $25,000 sale.

Description of Work
Complete landscape rebuild

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Absolutely Bushed Landscaping prides itself for our customer service. We are a family owned, veteran-proud company which has been in service for 36 years. We hold ourselves to the highest standards when it comes to customer satisfaction. Occasionally we receive a request for a quote that is on the edge of our service area. However, we seek to accommodate each potential client to the best of our ability. We offer superior services and we are top rated on all the major social media services. Usually we require a $50 fee to come out and spend an hour with a client and give them an itemized bid and possibly a rough sketch of the work we are planning. This in itself incurs a significant cost to our company often double or triple the $50 consultation fee. In this case, we waived the consultation fee. A senior designer met with the client's wife and returned a bid in a timely manner. Upon learning that the potential client had several other people bidding on the project and did not appear serious about the work, we asked the potential client to compensate our company the $50 fee that we charge most people for a return visit and to continue with the bidding process and pay for our gas expenses. Most clients are very understanding and realize the cost of doing business. This potential client was unwilling to make this payment which led us to believe that he was not serious about the project so we did not pursue it further. It is not possible to please all potential clients but Absolutely Bushed is committed to customer service and has an impeccable track record when it comes to ratings. People can post many things on social media that do not represent actual facts. The fact in this case is that we reached out above and beyond our normal level of service to work with a potential client as we will do with anyone who reaches out to our company for services.

08/18/2015

Ron G.

Description of Work
We wanted a install a natural screen from our neighbors behind us and we put in a large natural stone area which will be used as a fire pit and seating area. We changed the project several times and they helped us in making the final decision. It was professionally done on time and exceeded our expectations. We will use them again.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

01/12/2015

Antoinette D.

My patio had been landscaped many years ago but renters had destroyed it. Lawrence re-leveled the stones and added more decomposed grantie, built up the stone border, added a lot of organic matter, redid the sprinkler system, added all new plants and installed a new lighting system. I am so thrilled with their service and the whole job! The size and quality of the plants exceeded my expectations and I know that I will enjoy them for years to come. The whole job was completed in just a couple of days and they were meticulous about cleaning up after themselves. My new patio is the envy of my neighbors!!

Description of Work
Designed and landscaped my patio.

Category landscaping

Hello (removed member name), Thank you so much for the kind words! We really appreciated the opportunity to earn your business!! Jimmie Gibson Jr.-Owner

06/04/2014

Cecile W.

Great work! I have used this vendor for over 14 years! Incredible work ethic, quality of plants awesome, stands behind his work. Very prompt and shows up when its your turn.! Highly recommend his firm!

Description of Work
Cleanout front containers: trim Pyramid Boxwoods, Planted 6 1 gallon large color: Angelonia, Purslane, Moss Rose, Penta, and Vinca; Front Tree Bed: Cleanout and planted 6 1 gal. large Shade(coleus), 2 flats Angelonia, 6 1 gal large partial color, and install 18cu.ft shredded cedar, Front -Neighboring containers: clean out and provide 1 flat sun color, Side yard containers: cleanout and planted: 3 5 gal. large color ( Hibiscus, Mandevilla, etc) 3 1 gal. Lg color Hibiscus, Esperanza. 3 flats Scivola Back deck container Cleanout 3 5 gal.Red Sister large premium color; Back house bed: cleanout soil prep- light 1 mix Plantings: two flats Partial vinca and install two shredded cedar mulch. part

05/31/2014

Lawrence H.

just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with our new backyard! Lawrence and his crew did an extraordinary job from start to finish. The space has been transformed from a dull space to the backyard of our dreams! The crew was extremely professional and delivered what they promised on a daily basis. You are our landscapers for life! We will not hesitate to recommend your company to all of our friends. Lawrence and the crew are excellent and we thank them so much for all of their hard work! They were tremendous!”

Description of Work
Excellent landscaping and service

Category landscaping

So glad you were pleased with your project !! We certainly appreciate your business and consider you a valued client !! Please let us know if there is anything else we can you or a friend in the future Warm regards Jimmie Gibson Jr. Owner Absolutely Bushed Landscaping Company

05/07/2014

Roxanne M.

I did my homework. I looked for a company that has been around a long time. Not a company with little experience or one that would close it's door all of a sudden and leave me hanging. I asked friends and neighbors. I called 4 of the biggest companies in the area. One company never showed up. One company just lacked professionalism and knowledge. Seemed like a guy still in selling training. And I did not want a crew I could not communicate with. I really liked Absolutely Bushed. The guy is an encyclopedia of plant knowledge. WOW! Brought to my attention things the other companies looked over or would have done a low end job. I wanted high quality materials and plants and I feel that is what I received. I really liked their warranty in case I needed anything replaced it was better than their competitors. I liked their website, it had the best plant gallery from the other landscape companies. I liked how CLEAN they were throughout the process!! I felt that the bid was on par with other companies they were not higher than the others. I also felt that they had a better design. My front yard is beautiful best in the subdivision. My neighbors tell me my house is their favorite. So do yourself a favor, don't fall for false reviews on Angies List and call Absolutely Bushed. At least check out their website. I will not post my home address for privacy.

Description of Work
I had a shade arbor installed, new board on board fence, and my front yard landscaped.

06/11/2011

John S.

The landscaping in our front yard was very overgrown and hard to manage. We wanted to clean up the overall look of the yard. After heavy snows broke some of the tree limbs in the front yard we decided it was time. Steven came out and did the initial consultation / estimate. He spent a good amount of time looking over things and making suggestions. His initial suggestion was an aggressive approach to remove most of the plants in the front landscape. Due to the cost and my reluctance to have such a major overhaul done with a company I haven't used before, I decided to scale back the work. Steven was able to give me recommendations that fit our goals. Overall they did a good job. The work was done quickly and neatly with only one sprinkler line broken (which they took care of after a couple of calls). The before and after difference in the landscape was very satisfying. Our yard didn't look like a jungle anymore. A year and a half later, nearly all of the plants have survived, except for a couple of smalls perennials have survived. In hindsight I probably would have gone with something other than carolina jessamin by the front door (their recommendation). It smells good, but creeps into the other plants and is hard to control. My only minor complaint had to do with the removal of the small river rock that filled all of our beds. The previous owner used it as a weed blocker, but it didn't work and only made the weeds harder to pull. I paid Absolutely Bushed to remove the rock from the beds before before putting down mulch. They did remove most of the rock (even saved some in the planter bins for a side project I was doing), however they left quite a bit of rock behind. I find myself pulling several large handfuls of rock out of the beds every time I weed. Maybe I'm being too picky. I think this might just be a case of unclear expectations. I was also hoping for a bit more guidance when it came to the post-installation care. I think most homeowners would hate the thought of dumping a bunch of money into a new landscape without knowing how to care for it. I think Absolutely Bushed could improve their business by giving their customers better written information / guidelines on when to fertilize / prune etc (they could even slap advertisements on it for their maintenance services). I receive their email newsletters, but I only receive two a year and the care information in the emails isn't very specific. Overall I would recommend them as the quality of their work was good. If I were to do it again, I would probably check other prices/estimates before beginning the work.

Description of Work
Remove many plants from overgrown front yard landscape. Replant new perennials plants, annual color, and a tree. Remove landscaping rock from garden beds.

Efficient Irrigation Systems

Efficient Irrigation Systems is a full service irrigation repair, irrigation install company that also offers Landscape Lighting. We are a small locally owned company who's focus is on quality and customer satisfaction!

2022 Super Service Award

AK Lighting

Get $250 Toward Your Project When You Schedule a Free Estimate - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed with our Final Walk-Through Service - FREE Consultation & FREE demo so you can see it before you buy it! - We Offer American-Made Products - 12-Month Workmanship Warranty Want landscape lighting to make your home look elegant, more welcoming, and emphasize the features you love? I've installed landscape lighting for about 7 years, half with a professional company and half with my company. One thing I have found that has helped everyone of my customers is a FREE demo. We set up the lights so you can see what it looks like before you commit. This way you can visualize what you want, and we can install without guessing. Give us a call if you're interested in a free demo.

Offers Coupon

Andys Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

Drainage, Plantings, Hardscape, Lighting, Outdoor Kitchens, Container Gardening, Landscaping Design, Moisture Management, Pre-Emergents, Fertilization, Decks, Fencing, Flagstone, Pavestone, Walkways, Landscaping Installation, Tree Prunning, Tree Removal & Stump Grinding