Nu-Prime Of Memphis

Founded 1974 • With Angi since February 2008

3.8

Additional DBA - JTB Inc, New Prime of Memphis, NU Prime Windows of Memphis, Nuprime Jl. Aluminum Products. Financing available....

Your Flooring LLC

In Business Since 2021 We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality, and customer service that we provide to meet the consumer's needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small the job.

Emergency Restoration Services, Inc

Professional contractor performing all types of services including but not limited to debris removal and demolition to construction from the ground up. We specialize in decks and porches.

CAE Home Improvement, LLC

Family owned and operated company that specializes in interior and exterior painting. We offer other home improvement services such as; carpentry, framing, decks and porches, and drywall. Our company treats your home as if it was ours and would love to speak with you about your next project. Give us a call today!

Offers by CAE Home Improvement, LLC on Angi

09/18/2016

Ryan S.

We hired Nu-Prime to renovate a small bathroom (about 75 square feet). We were told that the job would only take 3 weeks, but it ended up taking 9 weeks. Why? The main reason is that they turned most of the work over to an incompetent subcontractor. After 7 weeks of incredibly slow and shoddy work, we told Nu-Prime that we didn't want to see him back at our house. They did get rid of him and then bring in two different workers to redo most of his terrible work, and they did fix all of the things we requested. I think they tried to make things right, but it never should have come to this. They should have hired someone qualified in the first place, and they should have supervised his work more carefully.

Description of Work
bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling

06/24/2015

ROBERT H.

We called the project manager numerios times and he stated that there was nothing he could do, He no longer works for Nuprime. We called the owner of Nu-Prime to report the hardwood flooring fading and warping. He stated that he would get his sub that installed the flooring out to inspect. The sub-contractor finally answered my 10th call and said Nuprime was not going to pay him, so he would not be able to help. This was 6 months after the project was completed and we occupied the house. After 30 months no one has contacted us. There were many projects that were not professionally installed. Most doors will not open and close properly.

Description of Work
700 sq ft addition and existing 1200 sq ft remodel

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,remodeling,roofing,doors

06/05/2015

Leah W.

This was a nightmare experience from beginning to end. I will NEVER hire this company again. Beware. I basically had to oversee the entire process myself, micro-managing everyone and running the show. Next time I will hire myself to do the work. The personnel turnover is very high, which should immediately raise red flags. Punctuality/Timeliness We paid the down payment on June 26, 2013 and were assured work would be done by the start of the school year (end of August/beginning of September. We kicked them out with work yet uncompleted on October 28, 2013. It was clear this job was a very low priority for them. On a day-to-day basis, work routinely began around 9:30 or 10am and finished around 4 or 4:30. The very elderly plumber (who died midway through the job) was a complete mismatch for the job, which required lots of outdoor work in the summer heat. Simple plumbing took nearly a month to complete - and nothing further could be done until the plumbing was finished. Organization/Coordination We were six weeks into the mother-in-law suite construction when I asked when the construction would start inside the main house - to which the foreman replied, "Construction in the main house?" He didn't realize that there were kitchen and bathroom renovations in addition to the mother-in-law suite. Details about fixtures and installation dates and progress were not communicated at all amongst team members, and consequently the work dragged on for five months, rather than two. My house was an unlivable disaster for the entire time. Work Quality Every time I look at the unfinished, shoddy work they did I am infuriated. They redid a door jamb into our kitchen and used unfinished, unsanded wood which catches on clothes as you pass through and looks unsightly. (My husband has since sanded and repainted it.) The bathroom walls were barely painted and are uneven. The contractor they oursourced the mother-in-law flooring to forgot to place the order for the flooring I wanted, so we had to settle for a product we still hate to this day - a cheap-looking oak laminate that is part of the Lumber Liquidators recall. On that note, I have yet to receive the testing kit they promised to get for me (which I had to call multiple times to request) to determine if the flooring needs to be replaced. The only saving grace was that the custom cabinet shop (Quality Cabinets in Hernando, MS) came through with flying colors. We love the custom cabinets they provided and installed - although that process was a bit fraught and the doors had to be re-done because of the pulls. Overall hiring Nu-Prime was a huge mistake and the entire renovation was a terrible, horrible process to endure. The work was low-quality and incompetently executed.

Description of Work
Terrible renovation of mother-in-law suite; custom cabinetry for main house kitchen and bathroom

Category flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

06/10/2014

Christopher B.

Measurements taken. We had several meetings as my wife with school and teaching done, could finally begin to get an idea of what she/we wanted. Besides us surfing the Net, we needed companies to show us pictures of their past projects and finished results. Someone to discuss construction materials options for redoing the back deck including ideas as how to construct the screened in covered portion of the deck. We got that partially done, but it was never complete. One answer one part generated questions to two other parts and that still does not get us done to the final cost to build it. In the end the assembly of a complete project plan was never presented.

Description of Work
They came out numerous times to bring out the sales contact, the electrician, and the carpenter. They had some big on going job going over in Arlington/Lakeland area. After several weeks did not hear from them anymore. Was waiting to get complete bid in tor our deck and deck conversion to a covered screened in deck area. I guess we get lost in the summertime projects/home improvements shuffle.

Category decks,roofing,patios

04/21/2014

Gordon P.

The salesman was knowledgeable about the business, we were excited to get started. The project manager and the plumber were good at dealing with unexpected things that came up during the project (you never know what you'll find when you tear out old plaster walls). In the end everything turned out well. The job took longer than we hoped it would. Most of the work days were only about 6 hours long. Rather than three weeks until completion the project ran to five weeks (although no one was here working for several of the days near the end of the project -- we were waiting for someone else to do something, etc. This was a good job and after a year of using the new bathroom, there have been no surprises.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation

03/20/2014

Sonya E.

Contractor seemed like they probably did good work but their bid was the highest at almost double the lowest bid for the exact same work.

Description of Work
Quote for siding, gutters and enclosing carport

Category gutter repair,roofing,garage builders

02/17/2014

Eugene H.

Nu-Prime helped with financing. laundry room was remodeled in that the washing machine was moved from the kitchen, plumbing added, electrical outlet added. 16' by 20' Den added with us picked the room color, carpet color, heating and air ducts added, they even added a bookcase to the design that i provided. They added an outside outlet and motion lights, they also redid the shingles on the back of the house to match the shingles already on the house. The workers were always professional and on time. The one time that they would be coming later than normal they told me the day before.

Description of Work
Den added and laundry room remodeled.

Category electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,remodeling,roofing

08/16/2013

taylor S.

Solid, very good work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
New master bedroom & bath.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you for your business and your great review! Please keep us in mind for any other projects you may need done around your home!

06/13/2013

Lynda L.

1. On first day, the kitchen floor (linoleum) was torn in two places. They said they would replace with tile which they did but the tile I chose had a different finish from tile selected. 2. Cabinet doors were a higher gloss that the cabinets and it took three tries before they were finished. 3. Countertops were nicely done except they did not center the sink under the window as it had been done before so it sits off center. 4. Getting the originally requested sink did not happened and I was given a variety of excuses. Decided then to do the a chef's sink with a larger/deeper right side that cost more which was tacked onto my bill. The sink fiasco began during the first two weeks. 5. This job started in late March or and I was told that it would be completed in before an impending surgery but that did not happen. Work was stopped for two weeks while I recovered from surgery. 6. A job that should have taken 6 weeks max took 4 months. 7. They had problems with every single aspect of the job. 8. The workers used two rolls of tissue in my bathroom as if it were their own. 8. The owner was arrogant and unwilling to replace the portion of the countertop with the sink centered underneath the window. He felt that the tile floor made amends for all there poor work and taking twice as long to finish. He agreed there were problems but felt that having to incur the cost of the floor because of them ripping the existing floor was compensation enough. 9. I chose this company because they had a AAA rating with the BBB and because the project manager said that he would be there every day to let the workers in and keep check on the job. That seldom happened. The workers used the key to let themselves in. On three occassions they turned on the outside water to clean up their supplies and left the water running until I turned it off when I returned home after work. They would leave equipment in the middle of the garage so I couldn't pull in my car. I would have to move it to the side and sweep up after them. 10. I reported all of this to the BBB and the owner all but called me a liar citing that he wasn't even aware of the sink fiasco. Perhaps the project manager was trying to cover himself since he had already let his crew rip the existing floor but nontheless I was jerked in all directions and paid a healthy price for it monitarily and emotionally. 11. He offered to reduce the price $400 if I wouldn't post on Angie's List, the BBB, or any other public posting site. After the owner denied knowing about the sink fiasco, I contacted the BBB but they never responded. I've learned that the BBB caters the company paying for the membership fee and care nothing about the consumer, ie, they gave the owner a month to respond to my complaint and gave me two weeks to reply plus they still rate Nu-prime AAA.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets, countertops, sink replaced.

Mrs. [member name removed] hired Nu-Prime and had a very limited amount of money, and I agreed to do her project for a lesser amount. We had a problem with her vinyl floor getting scratched. She requested that we replace her Vinyl flooring with Upgraded Ceramic Tile flooring which is significantly more expensive than vinyl at No cost to her as a convenience for the scratch we put in her vinyl floor. We agreed to this upgrade at no extra cost to satisfy her. Our contract for the sink was for a "Standard Stainless Steel" sink. Mrs. [member name removed]Changed her mind and wanted a Black Porcelain Sink, which cost more than what we contracted for and was a Special Order Sink meaning, they do not stock them, and it had to be ordered, and we had to wait for it to come in. Mrs. [member name removed] was made aware of the cost difference in the sink we contracted her for, and the new sink she wanted and agreed to the price. We credited Mrs. [member name removed] for the cost of the stainless steel sink we priced and Mrs. [member name removed] agreed to pay for the new black porcelain sink. We ordered the Revised Black Porcelain sink from Faucet Depot with Mrs. [member name removed] approval. Five days later when the sink came in it was installed shortly after it came into our office. The sink came in a sealed box, was opened at her home, inspected for defects at her home and installed at her home. Several Months later, through a Better Business Bureau complaint Mrs. [member name removed]complained there was a scratch on her sink. Had we been made aware of any issues after installation we could have contacted Faucet Depot for a new sink, but unfortunately after months of use, and since black sinks are prone to showing marks, we could not get her a new sink, mainly because it had been in use for months before we were told about any scratch. As far as placement of the sink, Mrs. [member name removed] chose a 60/40 double bowl, which means the center divider between the bowls is off center because of the 60/40 size of the bowls in the sinks split. It is normal and customary to install sink meeting the rail to line up with the bottom style of the cabinet between the doors. The bottom of the cabinet was centered to the window above the sink, and as is normal, we installed the sink to line up to the rail with the cabinet and the window. Mrs. [member name removed] desired to have the overall sink centered in the cabinet, disregarding the meeting rail but did not make us aware of her desire until after the sink was installed. Since we were not made aware of her preference, we installed the sink the standard way it is normally installed. Mrs. [member name removed] requested after installation that we move the sink, we explained to her that could not be done without removing, remaking, and reinstalling all of her counter-tops. A new counter top would have to be made to cut a new sink hole 1 1/2" over to the right, this top connected to two additional counter-tops on a 45 degree angle. In other words it was ("U" Shaped"). These angles were glued therefore it would break her counter-tops if taken apart. The cost of this exceeded $800.00 and Nu-Prime was not willing to bear the cost of this outside of our contract work. Mrs. [member name removed] was not willing to bear the cost of this either. Therefore the sink still exists in the position it was placed. Nu-Prime made numerous efforts to satisfy Mrs. [member name removed], and were not able to do so. Mrs. [member name removed] was never treated unfairly, and never called any names or spoken to unkindly as suggested in her complaint. Mrs. [member name removed] was offered a $400.00 discount, in addition to her free ceramic tile floor in an effort to "Let bygones be bygones" and offer some comfort to her dissatisfaction of the sink not being moved. Mrs. [member name removed] chose not to take my offer of the $400.00 and said that my offer was inappropriate. Nu-Prime has never stooped to any such unprofessional practices in our entire career. Mrs. [member name removed] has a very nice kitchen in her home that will add value to her house, and I am very sorry that she remains unsatisfied years later. All of our records remain on file both here and at the Better Business Bureau and anyone requesting to verify the incidents and the responses in relation to this case, as well as the photos of the work that was done, and the contract details are more than welcome to discuss and review them with our company or with the Better Business Bureau agent who handled the case void of any personal information. Requests for more information on this should be directed to the office manager Vicki by calling 901-323-2248. Again, we are very sorry that we were not able to satisfy Mrs. [member name removed] and hope that our response in this matter will also be considered. Our company has always had, and continues to maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and continue to provide excellent service and workmanship to all of our customers.

05/20/2013

Sharon C.

He was extremely knowledgeable and let us know that what we wanted to do was really cost prohibitive and potentially not legal, we could get into trouble with the code people. We were very glad that he was so knowledgeable and obviously honest. We will not be doing the room but would definitely use them in the future if a need arises.

Description of Work
He came to give us estimate for remodeling attic into bedroom.

Category remodeling,roofing

Nu-Prime Of Memphis

Founded 1974 • With Angi since February 2008

3.8

1420 Airways Blvd

Memphis, TN 38114

Renovations, siding, windows, roofing, kitchen, bathroom, remodeling, room additions, sun-rooms, patio covers & garages electrical, plumbing, hvac, painting & drywall, renovations, siding, windows, roofing, kitchen, bathroom, remodeling, room additions, sun-rooms, patio covers and garages electrical, plumbing, hvac, painting & drywall.

New home Building Or Minor handyman repair/ maintenance jobs.

Free for home or business owners
    Check, PayPal, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover