If your lawn is looking patchy, rough, or dead, the solution is probably reseeding your lawn to restore the grass and grow a healthy new lawn. Here’s how to know when is the best time to reseed.
Get matched with top Landscapers in Jackson, TN
There are 4 highly-rated local landscapers.
Recent Lawn Landscaping Reviews in Jackson
- JMC Landscape ServicesThey performed work to the scope, Always answered the phone and emails. When ever there was an issue they worked it out to my satisfaction.
- Extreme Lawn CareI was very impressed with Trae Strube's (owner) Knowledge. They were prompt and completed the job beautifully.
- Jones Lawn and Landscape ServiceI thought they did a lot for $175 and they were a good-natured lot - they got delayed cuz of bad weather but they did come through and did the care I needed on my yard. I'd definitely use them again.
- Jones Lawn and Landscape ServiceThey did a fantastic job. Some of the best landscapers I've ever used. They were extremely well priced. Some of the cheapest prices in town. They got there on time, even a little early. They were in and out quick. The house looked great after they left. It's hard to find service like this anymore.
- Clean N' GreenThey're a local company. They're very personable, and they know my name when I call. He takes care of my lawn and he's helpful. When times were tight, he made payment accommodations for me. He makes specific modifications according to what my lawn looks like when he comes. I give him A's across the board
- Superior Nursery Landscaping & IrrigationSuperior Nursery did an outstanding job solving our problems. The design and installation of retaining wall was better than expected, the recommendations and installation of landscaping items were excellent. Very prompt in beginning and finishing the project. Highly pleased. Received numerous compliments from neighbors
- Phoenix Management GroupThey are a good company. They are excellent. They are the best I've ever seen. They were on time and did what they said they were going to do. They were in and out within about 3 hours and it looked wonderful when it was done. They were waiting on me when I got there. The price was very reasonable. They were very clean and neat. They had uniforms on. They were very respectful men. I would recommend them to anyone. They do a lot of work for me. They are very good and reliable. They are a very good company and they stand behind their work. They are wonderful people
- Kendall Landscape GroupHe did a really good job when he totally redid my lawn. The overall experience is good. I will use this service again.
- Carter's Nursery Pond & Patio IncThe first few weeks after the job was completed, I called several times with concerns over the sprouting weeds everywhere. I was told by bully Mark to buy roundup. They had left a shovel behind so I asked could they at least look at it for me and see if this is what they called no maintenance. Shane came by sprayed roundup and got his shovel and extension cord. Over the next two weeks, I sprayed 6 gallons of roundup in the 'low maintenance' landscaped area. Some weeds were dying and some were not. I phoned Mark to discuss this and again got a bullying attitude. He belittlingly explained to me what roundup was and that it took a few days to work. I asked if he could at least come and look at it. He eventually, agreed to bring his dad to spray it for me. Low and behold, dad says that roundup won?t kill half of it because they are wild onions. They spray something to kill the onions and treat the three bug infested trees they planted. No apology was given. When I tried to discuss the thin layer of mulch and the mulch flushing into my yard, I was told basically, too bad that is the way they do it. The landscaper for my front yard explained to me that the industry standard for mulch is 6 inches. Carter's only put in 3 inches. Mark informed me that I can buy more mulch from them and have it put in if I want 6 inches. As far as the washing of mulch into my yard, that is not their problem either. So, at the end of the day, I have more yard work in my backyard to do weekly that I did before this low-maintenance landscaping was installed and I am out $12,000. I will have to hire someone to address the standing water in my backyard, hire someone to spray for onions, buy a load of mulch, hire someone to put it down, buy the barrier to prevent the mulch from washing into my yard, and hire someone to put it. Needless to say, I do not recommend Carter's. Apparently, dad made the business and son is too important to be bothered with customer service or providing a quality product
- Carter's Nursery Pond & Patio IncWhen we gave them the initial half deposit, they needed some fill dirt (I was going to provide that) and said they would give us a tentative date, estimated about three weeks away. Two weeks later, we call and ask for the tentative date. No return call. Following week, they show up, saying they were going to start the next day. The fill dirt could not be obtained overnight. Had they given us a tentative date, we could have had everything ready, but nothing was ready, so it was scheduled for the following week.The installation went rather smoothly over the two days, although I would have done a few things differently. One concern was that they did not wrap the pond liner up over the top of the berm lip, so that the liner would be higher than the surrounding dirt. They cut the liner edge short, still sloping up, so that any debris from the edge could wash down into the pond or under the liner edge. Another is that they refused to rinse the rock gravel off on the flatbed trailer before shoveling it into the bond bottom. When I suggested this, they replied, "This is the way we do it." They hosed down the rock in the bottom of the pond, removing what water they could with a sump pump, but not all the dust would be removed this way. Shape of the pond was pleasing, but the end result of dirty water is not. Sparkling clean well water was used to fill the pond, but with the filtration system running, it started turning milky white overnight. I believed it was suspended dust from the unwashed rock, which the filter could not remove because it was too fine. The head installer claimed that some rock dust is necessary because it is nutirents for the friendly bacteria until they get settled in the pond. He claimed that bacteria ate rock.I went out and bought a flocculent to clump the fine particles together so that they would sink to the bottom. One treatment helped. A second did not. Now the water was tea-colored, and the fish in the bottom at 3 feet were ghostly images. Complaining to the head installer did nothing. He brought out the head manager, Mark, who had given us the original sales pitch. Mark told me that I did not have them install rocks up along the sides of the pond, so there was not enough area for the bacteria to lodge to work properly. He then suggested the water looked like suspended sediment, like clay (which is what I had claimed), but the head installer claimed there was no clay in the rock. (Western TN has clay all over the state.) Mark was satisfied with the brown water as being "clear," satisfied with the pond as a finished product, and said that the problem was my fault because I did not take his full design (extra $2,000 for more rock). He then explicitely told me that they do not do "koi ponds", they do "water gardens" or "water features." We had signed on because we wanted a "koi pond" and he assured us we would have a clean (I remember the term "sparkling clean", but he says he does not use that term.) koi pond. So we spent basically seven thousand dollars to go from not seeing the fish to not seeing the fish clearly. My recommendation is that if you want a fishless water garden, Carter's Nursery can do it. If you are looking for a "koi pond," look somewhere else, because the head manager, Mark Carter, explicitly said after the install, "We do not do koi ponds." (Even though he sold us on installing one.
Landscapers in Jackson
- Business Description:Just-In-Time ImprovementsRecent Review:Went very well. I am pleased with the task that was at hand.Annette F.
- Business Description:We offer quality and affordable hauling services. Give us a call to schedule your free estimate.Recent Review:It went very well. I called very last minute as the issue came up after a final buyer inspection. They came 1st thing in the morning to fit my schedule and his price was very competitive! Would highly recommendkristi b.
- Business Description:American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC is a full service foundation repair company specializing in the prevention, repair and restoration of foundation damage and its effects on your home. We repair both concrete slab and conventional beam and joist homes. American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC prides itself in the proper diagnosis of the cause of foundation failure. Only by understanding the cause of a failure, can we hope to prevent it from occurring again. We give free estimates that a..Recent Review:Very professional approach to things. They stuck with us for a year, answering our calls to come out and tweak the leveling when we noticed a door was rubbing or the gaps seemed to change with the seasons. Now, the house is solid and no door are rubbing anymore and they did it all with a smile! Price is a little high, but I would rather have it done right and done right the first time than fight someone who doesn't know what they are doing. These people really do know what they are doing! Highly recommendedTom O.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.coRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:All Out landscaping and organizationRecent Review:If I could give less than a 1 star I would, I would give 0 stars. Came the first day late. I paid the agreed upon fee. Kelly stated he would come back again for free if I had more stuff to pick up. When I called for second pick up, he picked up a few bags from the pile and took the money I paid him, but never returned to take the rest of the trash. I would not recommend his services. He is unprofessional and takes money but does not perform the service. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UPDATED AS OF 09/23/2021: Update to my recent review. Kelly did come back and finish the job he had been paid for. If he had of communicated with me the reasons he had not finished the job, I would have understood and not written a poor review. The company needs to work on professionalism and communication. In the end they did the job they agreed to dovicki b.
- Business Description:All-State Pest & Lawn is a family-owned business with over 70 years of dedicated service to Memphis and the Mid-South. When choosing a service company Experience makes a difference! Our family has been protecting families like yours from Termites, and other unwanted Pests for four generations. "YOUR PROBLEM IS NO PROBLEMRecent Review:On our initial consultation, we discussed with the salesperson, Walter, that we needed to be home for services because we have a dog in the back yard and we need to be home to bring him in when the service person comes out. Despite very specific instructions, they cannot get this right. On two different occasions, my husband spoke with them the day before the service, and specifically told them to come out after 1:00, so one of us would be sure to clear our calendar to be here. Both times when I came home at 12:30, they had left a note that they were here before 11:00 am and that they only did the front. Then when we call the office at 12:45, they say they can't make it out until Friday. This is Tuesday, why can't they send someone back out like originally agreed upon?? Their excuse is they cannot give us an exact time frame, but we are not asking for that. We discussed this with Walter before we even started the service and told him what our expectations were and he said it would not be a problem. From the first visit we have had trouble. The first service was supposed to be remove old mulch and put down new mulch that was a different color. When we got home that day, they had just piled all the new mulch on top of the old. It looked horrible because they put red mulch on top of black mulch. And then the bill we got was twice as much as Walter had quoted us. They ended up honoring the price we were quoted, but this just shows the lack of communication between the sales staff and the office staff and service technicianAllie M.
- Business Description:TruGreen® provides a full suite of tailored lawn and landscape services. From fertilization and aeration to tree & shrub services and much more, TruGreen delivers superior results backed by our Healthy Lawn Guarantee.®1 We also offer effective solutions to help control and prevent lawn damaging insects, like chinch bugs and grubs. Our passion for lawns sets us apart, and we’ll help you achieve a lawn you love. Contact us today to start your tailored lawn plan
- Business Description:The end product will be your Blue Prints, Floor Plans, Notes or drawings (non-technical nor artistic required) designed and converted digitally into 3D (Isometric) full color digital images. (animation available). The purpose and value of my service is convey ideas and purpose of my Clients (Architects, Designers, Artists, Contractors, Home Owners etc.) into images from 8.5 to 11" to Large format such as Poster Board or Bill Board size for advertisement or demonstration, Video 3D animation al..
- Business Description:Greenway Nursery & Landscaping Inc
- Business Description:Yard Guys, "helping you is what we do best." We solve yard issues; you have a problem we have a solution. Doing business in landscaping over 10yrs. List of what we do: 1. Flower beds (overhaul) 2. Yard Drainage 3. Irrigation systems (lawn sprinklers) 4. Pressure Washin
Explore our Solution Center for helpful landscaper articles
When it comes to repairing your lawn’s bare spots, overseeding can be the solution. Overseeding is a simple way to reinvigorate your lawn and restore your dead, patchy grass back to a lush, green carpet again.
A roof warranty is a lifesaver when it comes to conducting repairs, so you’ll want to keep your manufacturer’s warranty and your contractor’s warranty in good standing. Follow this guide to learn about common factors that void a roof warranty.
Find Landscapers in
- Beech Bluff
- Three Way
- Cedar Grove
- Maury City
- Bethel Springs
Landscapers in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 731 Deck and Fence LLC
- 731 Deck and Fence LLC
- Jones Lawn and Landscape ServiceP.O. Box 12444
- JT Hockett Construction Contracting and Consulting7845 Harbour Oak
- Jones Lawn and Landscape Service
- Landens Home Design130 Sandhill Dr
- Landens Home Design
- Nitro Solutions52 Overlook Cv
- Nitro Solutions
- R & K Home Improvements2070 Wild Cherry Ct
- R & K Home Improvements
- Sammy and son2667 Oakview Dr
- Service Medics5100 Poplar Avenue
- Shelter Home Maintenance9405 Nashville Hwy
- Superior Nursery Landscaping & Irrigation3470 US Hwy 200
- Sure Painting & Remodeling82 Walnut St
- Sammy and son
- Voodoo inc.120 Turnpike Ave
- Voodoo inc.
- Yard Guys65 Roxbury Dr
- Yard Guys