Precision Garage Door Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2006

Call 24/7 for a live operator. Call us any hour of the day, any day of the week for emergency repairs on garage door & openers. We'll fix it at time that is convenient for you. We are also available on Evenings & Saturdays.

4.2

garage doors (113)door installation (7)garage building (1)

01/30/2020

Nic C.

I had a (1) spring break and needed it changed. I was told of the $59 service call. When the tech arrived, I was told the service call fee was for him to come out and assess the situation. I saw the spring break, knew the spring had broken and could visibly see the spring was broken and explained that to them when I originally called. I was then quoted $280 for one new spring, which included installation but did not include the service call fee. They then quoted $120 if I chose to have the second spring replaced at the same time. (How are the prices so different?!?) I checked 3 sources online and the HIGHEST price I found for the springs was $90, but found them as cheap as $70 FOR TWO SPRINGS and the bars to tighten them!!! I called another local company just for a quote and was told $179 installed! I was GROSSLY OVERCHARGED for the parts and installation! I was charged $339 (minus $15 for a military discount) to have one spring replaced! I was referred to call back to the office for my complaint which the lady told me she was not aware of costs that it was set by the tech. This is the LAST time I will do business with this company as I was completely taken advantage of in my situation. Look elsewhere folks and save a ton!!!

Description of Work
Replaced a broken Spring

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thanks for taking the time to reply. You are exactly correct about the service fee being $59 in your area, to send our technician out to your house in a fully stocked truck that 95% of the time allows us to have on-hand the parts needed to repair your broken garage on the spot. The service fee also includes a 25-point inspection by our certified technician of both your garage door and opener to assess exactly what repairs are needed so that we may accurately quote your repair to the penny. If you can fix something yourself it is always cheaper, provided you have the know-how. Fixing garage door springs can be dangerous or even deadly. According to the International Door Association there are over 20,000 garage door injuries each year in the United States as a result of repairing doors. Your door was 16’ wide, 8’ high and not ordinary. Yours was a 3-sectional designer door instead of the typical 5 section door, and it weighs about 350 lbs, which is significantly heavier than a typical 16x8. No garage door company could have known this over the phone. When you called us and booked, we had the repair completed within 2.5 hours of you calling. Fortunately, we had exactly the same spring that you required. Typically, we replace both springs at the same time because the second spring has done just as much work and is usually 30-60 days away from breaking as well. When we received your complaint, I dispatched Geoff, one of our most experienced technicians, to go to your house and do a quality check to make sure that you got exactly what you paid for. Geoff checked the door’s balance and workmanship quality. Your only problem is that you felt you were overcharged and that Michael was only there 10 minutes. We checked our truck GPS logs and he was at your house for 55 minutes. We do strive to provide the best service and highest quality parts available along with a good warranty. Rich Battistini Precision Door Service – General Manager

11/20/2019

Nia K.

The service tech was professional and efficient and did a nice job

Description of Work
Wiring and piling coils

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We look forward to doing business with you in the future.

08/14/2019

GEORGE N.

Technician arrived on time, quickly found problem with existing opener and installed new one. Before leaving he went over warranty and operation of door; even programmed operator built into my car! This second experience with Overhead Door confirmed my confidence in the company. George Nash

Description of Work
Replace existing garage door opener.

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

08/13/2019

MARY H.

Absolutely the worse service I have received in a long time. They made the initial call and then I never heard from them again. I had two garage door openers that were struck by lightning. The tech said that he would order new circuit boards for them at a cost of approx. $500 total with labor. It would take 7-10 days to receive the parts. After one week, I called on two different occasions. Both times the receptionist said that they would check on the parts and call me back. I never, ever called back. I finally called a second company and got immediate service at half the cost.

Description of Work
garage door opener repair

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

01/06/2019

Rachel L.

Jeff was wonderful to work with! He answered all my questions before and during installation. I am very happy with my new opener! The final price was consistent with the original quote. I would hire him again without hesitation. Highly recommended!!!

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We agree Geoff is a pretty great technician. We are very lucky to have him. We look forward to working with you in the future.

01/04/2019

Michael L.

Well the associate was on time and completed the work.

Description of Work
Replace motor and tune up door

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

Thank you for leaving us a kind review! We hope to continue business with you in the future.

11/14/2018

Kevin M.

Very well, John was punctual and very knowledgeable. He educated me on the problem offered a couple of options. Plus a new remote opener.

Description of Work
Repair garage door

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business!

03/21/2018

Jon K.

I called to get an estimate for two new garage doors replacing my old doors. I was told someone would be back to me "shortly" that morning. I never heard from anyone until John called me on Tuesday saying he was out on Friday. We agreed to meet Wednesday between 8:00-10:00 at my house which I was not living in yet. I was there from 7:30-10:30 and no show and, more importantly, no call. I called Precision at 11:00 and was told they would get in touch with John. John responded shortly after and told me he got "tied up" and was going to call me later to reschedule our meeting. Too late....... companies that blow things off on quoting and initial meetings are the same that are late for installations. When I went to their website, I realized that their home page is all about their 4.93 rating. There is NOWHERE on their page to rate them or add a review. I called and have been told they will email me a form that can be posted on their page. We'll see how that goes.

Description of Work
New Garage Door Quote

Work Completed On 03/21/2018

02/06/2018

Chris D.

I had originally scheduled my appointment for a Sunday. They called that morning to confirm the appointment and recommended changing it to Monday due to a service fee of $145 for Sunday versus $69 for a weekday. Changed it with no problem. Then called Monday morning to say that had a cancellation and wanted to come 4 hours early. Not a problem. Total service took about 45 minutes and everything worked great when they left! The tech even installed the electric eyes for safety, checked everything before he left and explained what he did and why to my disabled partner. He made sure the explanation was clear, and demonstrated everything was in working order. Will definitely hire again and recommend to anyone!

Description of Work
Garage door broke with no warning and was stuck in the open position. They replaced a broken hinge, and installed the electric eyes I had bought and was havigg trouble trying to install.

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

09/21/2017

Felicity A.

They made 3 different time slots to come and inspect garage door and failed to show up for all 3! I was not contacted at all for the first, so I called them. Another appointment made and I wasn't contacted until after the allotted time, to be told their technicians had gone home. Rearranged for the following morning at 9, nobody called me until 12.30, at which point I told them I no longer wanted their services. They also charge a $85 call out fee!

Description of Work
Repair or replace garage door.

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

09/06/2017

Mike M.

I called their appointment service at 21:30 on Tuesday evening. The scheduler put me on the schedule for 09:00 the next Morning. Geoff called at 08:45 the next morning to say he was on his way...he arrived at the house at 09:00. Geoff set to work, replacing both door springs, and the rod bearings. Total time was about 1 hour, start to finish. After repairing the door, Geoff adjusted the door, so it opens and closes perfectly. Geoff was professional and courteous (he also had some good garage door stories : ) I am extremely pleased with the service and the price. I highly recommend Precision Garage Door (and particularly, Geoff).

Description of Work
Broken Garage door spring. Door was stuck...could not open garage...yikes!

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

08/23/2017

Richard C.

Never got a response for a quote. Went with another company.

Description of Work
Replace two garage. Sent an e-mail on July 30th in my interest on getting a quote to replace my garage doors. Received an e-mail saying someone would call. Waited until August 11, so I called Precision door. The girl verified my information and said someone would call with a quote that night. No one has ever called. So I Called another company. I had a quote within 1hr and the doors will be installed this Friday Aug. 25th.

Work Completed On 08/11/2017

05/19/2017

Faye L.

Overall, it was a good experience. I did need to call to check on an ordered weatherstripping, though, rather than them contacting me.

Description of Work
I was pleased with their work.

Work Completed On 05/19/2017

02/22/2017

bill H.

They found a broken spring which I had them replace for $280. But the door still made the strange noise. They made a total of three trips before finding the problem and fixing it, which had nothing to do with the broken spring, and all without charging me any more other than the original $49 service call and the $280 spring. Excellent service, and I would recommend them to anyone based on the service.

Description of Work
Garage door making a strange noise when going up. Hired them to check it.

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

02/07/2017

GARY D.

EXCELLENT BUT PRICE CHANGED AFTER WORK DONE (WAS $49.00 ON SITE LATER).

Description of Work
CHECK GARAGE DOORS

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

01/26/2017

John G.

Better than expected! The telephone was answered promptly and courteously and an appointment time convenient for me was set up. The technician, John, actually arrived a few minutes ahead of schedule, introduced himself and promptly got to work on the door. He was obviously very knowledgeable and extremely informative as he went about his work. On top of that, he was very personable and polite. In approximately 30 minutes, John was done and on his way. Should you need any garage door service in the future I would suggest calling Precision Garage Door, I know I will!

Description of Work
The garage door tension springs required adjustment. The service was arranged via an 'Angie's List' special offer.

Work Completed On 01/26/2017

01/23/2017

Nancy L.

Danny McCullagh of Precision Garage Repair came out the same day I called. Checked it all out and told me exactly what was wrong with our door..went over what he could do to fix it..gave me a price and professionally and promptly fixed it. Completely painless, friendly, and knowledgeable service at it's finest. Would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
The gear wheel had all the teeth stripped off from age and use.

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

10/17/2016

Gail B.

Very well. They came out promptly, replaced the springs and rollers.

Description of Work
Replacement spring

Work Completed On 08/09/2016

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your business!

07/12/2015

James H.

The technician was very professional and courteous He did an outstanding job. They were on time and fast. However 558.00 for a spring repair is overcharging. All their parts used were marked up over 100%. I looked these parts up on the internet and a set of springs range from 100.00 to 200.00. They charge 379.00 for a set. The bearings and hinges were also double the price. They will not tell you how much a repair cost over the phone or internet they say it depend on door size and springs. I have a typical double door nothing special. They do charge a 69.00 service call which if you just got an estimate it would cost you. I know they need to make money but not gouge people. A fair price would be between 350.00 and 400.00. If it had not been for the price I would give them an A.

Description of Work
Replaced two door spring , set of end bearings, center bearing and one hinge.

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 07/09/2015

09/10/2014

priscilla G.

Danny was the service man that responded to our call 1. He replaced the logic board which was the reason he was here. However: 2. We had two small dents in our metal garage doors and I asked him if he would repair them. He said, "Yes, he would take a look at them." 3. He finished and we paid him for the job. (Our mistake was that we did not go out and look at the garage door, but did operate it from inside the garage to be sure it operated properly.) 4. When we looked at the garage door, the damage was much worse than before he worked on it. The dents were larger and one panel was bent forward so the "crack" between the panels was tipped forward. 5. I called the "Hendersonville" number on our bill, and my call was answered by an answering service in Florida. (I only found this out after much probing because Dustin was not forthcoming about his location, OR where Precision Door was headquartered.) 6. I asked for the owner, Rich, to return my call as we were not happy with the appearance of our garage door. 7. Before Rich called, my message was passed to the repairman, Danny. He was defensive and argumentative with me on the phone. I told him that I did not want to argue with him, and that my message was for Rich to call me. 8. Rich called and came out two days later to look at the door. He was argumentative, hostile, rude, and refused to believe that his repairman had banged on the door although my husband was working in the garden and heard the racket. In so many words he called my husband a liar, and then told us we would have to replace the door panel. I told him, based on his demeanor and attitude, I was not sure I wanted him to do anything. He said we should have had pictures or video of our door before the work was done. The tone and attitude he exhibited was SHOCKING!! 9. Rich called two days later to tell us he would replace the panel at the cute rate of $750.00 because the panel was iirrepairable, which was a real deal because it normally would cost $1000. 10. End result: We called another company. The cost of replacing the panel was $850. 11. Therefore I would never use Precision Door because I cannot trust them due to their lack of integrity and customer service.

Description of Work
Replaced the logic board for our garage door opener

Work Completed On 08/22/2014

09/05/2014

Carol S.

I called for service and the technician was on my doorstep in less than 90 minutes after my call. He was able to restore functionality to my door , the damage was caused by a lightening strike.

Description of Work
My house was hit by lightening and it destroyed the circuit board in the garage door opener. A part had to be ordered to fit my specific unit but Danny was able to put in a substitute board right away to get the door functioning until my specific part comes in.

Work Completed On 09/03/2014

07/02/2014

Thomas W.

They did a nice job. The most amazing thing I thought was watching the guy put it together. These guys didn't have a complete door; they had a whole bunch of parts and he assembled the whole thing from scratch and it was amazing. I actually bought the door from Lowe's and I had these guys come out and install it. They sent somebody out to do a survey and it was done very quickly and efficiently; we scheduled after that.

Description of Work
They installed a garage door. They also installed a remote garage door opener.