Charleston Heating & Air LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2009

4214 Domino Ave

North Charleston, SC 29405

Full service HVAC company for both residential and commercial properties. We specialize in service, maintenance and system replacement. We do not use sub contractors. Everything is done in house, and we guarantee our work. We have an $89 diagnostic fee and 24/7 emergency service. Find out more about Charleston Heating + Air at www.charlestonheatingandair.com. Fully covered, Mechanical License # M110640. Also services John's Island & Folly Beach...

09/02/2017

LaMona W.

Very well. Tech was very knowledgeable and made a point of letting me know what he was doing and why and if anything of concern was found. There were none.

Description of Work
Inspect AC unit. Inside unit and the outside unit as well. Cleaned coils and made adjustments that were necessary. Changed filter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for choosing us as your preferred HVAC company and for the feedback. Happy, satisfied customers are our #1 priority!

07/25/2017

MARIE C.

They give like a 20% discount to people with a service contract. Since we have hired them with our maintenance agreement we don't quote them out.

Description of Work
We have a maintenance agreement with them. They do a general maintenance where they clean the coils and check the filters. Last time they came out we had a blower motor that went out and they took care of that.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on Angie's List and we're so happy to have you as a loyal customer!

07/25/2017

Katherine U.

Bob the repair man on time and very professional. I used this company for several years. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
6 month annual check

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We're so glad you had a great experience with our company! Thanks for sharing with Angie's List!

05/23/2017

Ronald R.

After they replace a Air handler and upstairs duct work est a annual mant. agreement with them. Best Price by far.

Description of Work
Preventative mant. agreement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for sharing on Angie's List! We're happy to assist you whenever you need us! We appreciate your feedback!

05/03/2017

Janet N.

They are very educated and informative about their field. Always answer any questions and provide an explanation to help me be better informed as well. This time they had to ad refrigerant which is priced per pound so this last trip was more expensive.

Description of Work
They do a bi-annual tune up for my heating and air conditioning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for rating us on AL!! We're glad you've been a customer of ours from almost the very beginning. We value long lasting relationships with our customers and are so happy to have you trust us with keeping your home comfortable. Thanks again! We're always here when you need us!

05/03/2017

Kevin N.

Worst company ever! Will never use again- Will make sure all my teachers and parents throughout the Charleston county school district avoids this company as well.

Description of Work
Buyer beware! They install lemon units. I bought a 22 about 6-7 years ago for over $2,000. After the 1st year- there was a leak that was due to shotty construction- they tried to make me pay a huge amount- cause my warranty had just ran out- finally they absorbed some of the cost, since the part leaking was a non-moving part and should not have worn out by wear and tear. Now it is leaking again- It costs $89 for them to come out to find out the problem on my unit. Low of Freon- I ask, "will the freon burn up on its own?" answer- "no it should not" "Okay, so whats the problem?"- "you have a leak and it will cost over $100 to find where"- "so what does my $89 pay for- since you didnt actually find out the problem. You found a symptom." Then the tech said my two options would be fill it back up and wait 6 months and see if it leaks out again or do the $100 leak check and then fill it up. He said it would cost over $200 for the first 2 pounds and $95 for each additional pound for my 10 pound unit. So adding all this up, to get my 6-7 year old unit to run properly- I will need to pay over $1000 for my $2000 unit. I trusted this company to pick for me the best unit and they gave me a lemon- avoid this company like the plague. They do not care about the customer and they do not recognize when they are in the wrong. Making the customer feel like it is their fault for the company selling them a shotty unit. I am at fault for picking this company- never again-and I will be sharing this with all my colleagues throughout the Charleston county school district.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your system. As a business we strive to keep our customers happy, but also as a business, we can only warranty items that we actually install. You chose to only purchase 1/3 of your system from our company. You did have a warranty on this portion of your unit, but it has since expired. There's no way to tell if the issue you're having is from the small portion we installed or from the other two portions installed by someone else unless we're allowed to perform the leak search we suggested. We really would like to help you so please give us a call to discuss further. There may be something we can do, but unfortunately what you're asking for is not an option. We hope to hear from you soon.

12/28/2016

Rolland L.

They came property as agreed and did the work professionally.

Description of Work
Remove and replace one of the A/C units. Repair a second A/C unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for sharing your experience with Angie's List members. We know that having to replace an HVAC system is never a pleasant experience when it comes to the price, but please know that we only use high quality parts and will provide you with excellent service in the event of a breakdown. Thanks for choosing us, and please contact us in any event that you need assistance!

11/11/2016

Michaella P.

Excellent - very professional and punctual. Ray told me what happened and how to fix the problem. He checked the units thoroughly. I was very pleased. Only charged me for the service rather than anything extra.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot a problem

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We're so glad you were happy with your service and technician. Having trustworthy, knowledgeable technicians is a top priority to our company. Thanks for choosing us and sharing on Angie's List!

10/28/2016

We have used this company for several years-we know the owner & trust him care-we have and unit serviced 27 a years.

Description of Work
Replaced our unit with a Goodman unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for choosing us as your preferred heating and air company. Building long lasting customer relationships is something we value greatly. Thanks for sharing!

10/20/2016

Cluny M.

I asked him to look at the outside condenser to see if I could or should level it, since it appeared to be out of level. He pointed out a problem with the condensate drain, and suggested an easy fix. My bride and I did the easy fix in less than 10 minutes, and will install a new drain to route the condensate away from the unit's base.

Description of Work
Megan was very professional and thorough. He spent at least an hour servicing the heating system, and getting the unit ready for the coming winter, and getting the cooling system ready to shut down.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for sharing on Angie's List! We're glad we could help you out so quickly and easily!

Carolina Air Care LLC

At Carolina Air Care, we're proud of our years of service to the South East area and look forward to helping you with your air conditioning and heating needs. We're pleased to serve both residential and commercial customers; our team is prepared to help you with the sales, service, and installation of the comfort system that is ideal for your home or business. And be sure to ask Carolina Air Care for a free estimate on replacement of your system. Whether it's a new installation or routine service, our factory-trained technicians provide the expertise your comfort depends on.

McCaw Heating & Cooling

Here at McCaw Heating & Cooling, we are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of quality home improvement services. You will find us to be competitively priced with close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!

Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.

A Locally owned company that provides "The Comfort You Deserve!" We are Charleston's Oldest Carrier Dealer & the only NATE Certified and IGSHPA accredited HVAC Company in Charleston. Call us for Service, Replacement and Maintenance for your all Residential or Light Commercial spaces. We also are known for our New Construction expertise using Daiken and Geothermal Energy Savings systems. We can also Repair and/or Replace your Pool heat pumps!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express

HVAC Service, Repair, New Unit Installation, Duct System Repair & Installation, Preventative Maintenance, Air Quality Control Products

Duct Cleaning