Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Mauldin, SC
There are 0 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Mauldin
- Mower Medic LLCAfter replacing my own alternator I had somehow introduced some pretty serious timing issues on my riding mower. After a neighbor and I worked for several hours on it, we were at a loss. When I called the mower medic, he asked me a couple of questions and freely diagnosed it over the phone. He told me he would be happy to come out in a couple of weeks but he felt like I could probably resolve it on my own. He was right! I took his advice and was able to finish the repair on my own. Even though I have an officially done business with the mower medic, I highly recommend them
- Mower Medic LLCCarl arrived in a truck that is a fully equipped workshop on wheels. He quickly diagnosed the problem, but the part he needed was not on his truck, so he returned when the part came in, quickly repaired the mower. His bill was very reasonable for the services provided. I will call him again to do repair work, and to get more stories about his earlier days as ice road trucker in Canada
- Five Forks Mowers IncI was disappointed to have an extremely negative experience at Five Forks Mower Sales and Repairs (denoted hereafter as FFMSR). I have never left a negative review for any single business before – people make mistakes and I understand that is a part of life, but I’ve never quite experienced what I experienced there. A summary statement is below, with a complete version to follow: Summary: FFMSR made an omission in my mower service, at which point, after I called to figure out what happened, the owner (Randy) returned my call originally acted as if he was going to treat me fairly on the phone, then, when I returned to the location, and after he offered to complete the original service request for free, which offer I accepted after he explained it and I thought it over, the owner started cursing at me and telling me to leave the premises, under no provocation (at least that I know of) from me. FFMSR failed to complete the initial service I requested (cleaning of the carburetor), which was unbeknownst to me, until the day that I returned, and the owner told me that that was never done and claimed that I had not requested it. Complete version: While I was changing the blade on my mower, which previously was working fine, I had leaned the mower the wrong way, and when I turned the blade, from the underside (just to check) to see if the blade was on securely, some gas and maybe oil started leaking. I knew immediately that I had leaned it the wrong way, and knew not to start the mower. I looked it up online and found that I would at least need to have the carburetor cleaned. When I took it to FFMSR (July 2), I explained the situation and requested that if anything else should be examined on the basis of that narrative, that that be done as well. There was a technician there to whom I explained the situation, and he wrote down the narrative on the ticket, and suggested a complete service. I did not realize at that time that he had neglected to explicitly write down the cleaning of the carburetor, but he did write down the entire narrative, such that I would have expected that verbal request to happen, since I would have assumed that they would understand the impact of the improper tilt better than I. The service ticket is attached to this review. There were some difficult steps along the way, though irrelevant to my negative experience, but which it’s possible the owner would want to muddy the waters with. First they told me that my blade that I had purchased was not the right size, and they had to order another adapter since the nubs on the old were worn down – I agreed to this. They unfortunately purchased an adapter that made the blade sit higher than before, which, when I arrived to pick up my mower (July 17), would have caused the blade to hit the side of the blade case (not sure what to call it), since my blade-shaft (not sure of the proper term) was also slightly bent. At that point, the owner said that he would get an adapter to match the original so that there would be no negative effect. Other than a further delay, (at this point, it was just 2 weeks, and this would be another week), there was no negative experience from me, and the owner expressed to me disappointment with his own team that they had missed the bent shaft and the need to get a matching adapter. Finally, I was told it was ready. A service tech wheeled it to my car (the service ticket claimed that the mower runs and operators well). I suggested starting it to see how it works. The engine sounded awful – it was revving and then lowering RPMs over and over again, plus had a continuous popping noise. I turned to the tech and told him so, and he shrugged his shoulders and prepared to help load the mower in, despite my concerns. I thought, maybe it will clean up after running for a little while. So naively, I guess, I loaded it into my car. After getting it home, I checked the oil, and I found that it was filled to twice the level of the fill line. Again, naively, I guess, I started to cut my front lawn, during which the problem and vibrations of the mower only grew worse. So I made a call to FFMRS, to describe this phenomenon, entirely new since receiving my mower back and to see what their response would be. She assured me that the owner would be concerned to hear about it and would return my call. He did indeed, call me, and discussed the problem with me. Of course, FFMRS had never heard it run prior to my turning it in, so I understood that, and he said that he would need to take a look at the mower and “let the mower tell the story.” Of course, I couldn’t claim that I had taken perfect care of the mower, and I hadn’t changed the filter as often I as should have, so I had some concern that they could claim that the problem pre-dated my bringing it in – only I could vouch for the previous running condition. However, I sensed the owner to be sincere, and trusted that it would be worthwhile to return again to get him to take a look. At the shop the next Monday (today), the owner’s service tech confirmed based on running the machine that his first impression was that the problem was in the carburetor. The owner was agitated, and he said that if I had tilted the mower improperly, then there could have been leakage into the carburetor, so perhaps that was what need to be done, but offered to clean the carburetor for free or replace the carburetor for the cost of the part. I was confused, since I thought the carburetor had already been cleaned, under the terms of the original service. He then informed me that the service ticket never said such a thing and all that was done was the “regular service.” I told him that I was pretty sure I had originally requested it, as that was the original reason I brought it in – I wasn’t trying to be argumentative, but was simply taken aback. At this point, or maybe earlier, the owner started getting angry with me. However, I was trying to make a decision, but while my initial inclination was to get the new carburetor, I had to ask more questions. So then I asked whether the carburetor or anything external to the carburetor could have been harmed by virtue of running it as I had prior to cleaning the carburetor. He told me that that is not true – no harm would have been caused. He then described a part that would have been contaminated due to what I did, and I asked whether that part was internal or external to the carburetor. He was getting more and more upset with me but confirmed that it was internal. Some time during this discussion or at the end he started increasing his agitation and claimed that I was “asking the same **** question over and over again.” I decided to have it cleaned. Because he had claimed that my service ticket never requested the carburetor to be cleaned, before I left, I went inside and asked for a copy of my original service ticket. The lady at the desk started printing this for me, and the owner stormed in telling her not to give it to me and telling me to get out. I said, I don’t understand – I just want a copy of my original service ticket. He yelled that I was causing a scene (though there were no other customers inside the building, at least that I was aware of), then repeated the refrain about my “asking the same **** question over and over,” and was yelling at me to leave. He then obliged in letting me have a ticket of the end completed return ticket, but claimed that he couldn’t give me the original, since he would have to zero out the completed return, but also went on to continue to yell and curse at me. At this point, I started to doubt in my mind whether any service I would receive from FFMRS would be done properly or would be minimalist due to his apparent grudge against me. I therefore said, I am not causing the scene – I don’t understand why you’re being so confrontational, and he continued to raise his voice telling me to get out or else leave behind the offer to do the service, and he repeated his refrain about my “asking the same **** question” (I’m still not sure what the question was he was referring to). This caused me to feel more unsure that I could actually trust him to perform the service thoroughly, so I decided to take my mower home without having him do the initially requested service. He was of course happy at this point and yelled out to his tech to wheel my mower to my car. I was shocked and disappointed by this behavior. Up until this day, the owner had appeared to be something of a gentleman - there was no provocation on my part, unless you count my lack of knowledge of the mechanics of the mower, causing me to ask questions to him. I am disappointed also not to have the main initial work for which I brought the machine in completed
- Mower Medic LLCgentleman told me that he makes money off of parts and therefore would not be able to use the parts I purchased for my mower to be fixed. I explained the parts had to be ordered over the internet and thay did not phase him. I would give him a -5 stars for greed and not helping people get there equipment fixe
- Mower Medic LLCHe is professional and more than willing to help get your mower up and running asap!! Will defiantly contact him again!!!
- Mower Medic LLCHe came to my location when scheduled, fixed the mower quickly, and charged a reasonable price. What more could you ask for!
- Sears Appliance RepairMy lawn tractor had lost motive power. The service technician, before the service call, thought that the transmission may be bad, based on my problem description. He checked to see if the transmission was under warranty (it wasn't) before coming to my house. This enable me do decide if I wanted to have him make the service call before incurring the service charge. I decided to have him come anyway. When the technician arrived, he quickly diagnosed a loose belt. He had the correct belt on the truck, even though it was a Husqvarna tractor, not Craftsman, and quickly made the repair for a reasonable price. I am very satisfied with the service. The only problem was that Sears could only give me an 8AM - 5PM service window which meant that the whole day was blown. The service technician arrived at about 3PM
- Mower Medic LLCCarl knew exactly how to make the repair, did it in less time than I expected, and for cheaper than he quoted. He also sharpened the blades on the spot when asked. Super convenient, great quality work, and a very reasonable price!
- Sears Appliance RepairI use Sears Home Services for my riding mower maintenance. They come usually every other year at least.
- Mower Medic LLCHe arrived on time, did the work in a timely manner and charged a fair price. He advised me about another problem I had noticed, but did not pressure me to have the extra work done. I will definitely call him in the future for any other repair work.
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Mauldin
- Business Description:Mobile repair service, Mower Medic will come to your home or place of business to service or repair your mower or small engine (Gas or Diesel) at a reasonable price. We also do welding and fabricating on trailers and equipmentRecent Review:After replacing my own alternator I had somehow introduced some pretty serious timing issues on my riding mower. After a neighbor and I worked for several hours on it, we were at a loss. When I called the mower medic, he asked me a couple of questions and freely diagnosed it over the phone. He told me he would be happy to come out in a couple of weeks but he felt like I could probably resolve it on my own. He was right! I took his advice and was able to finish the repair on my own. Even though I have an officially done business with the mower medic, I highly recommend themRuss D.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:10+ years of experience in Driveway Sidewalks pool deck patio garage slab foundation and more.Recent Review:I signed a contract with Tyshon Cohen the owner of the business in January to build an walk in closet onto my house. The contract stated the work out be complete by 2/28/20. I gave him payment of 5733.00 which was over 75% of the total cost. He came out 2 weeks later and poured the concrete slab on 2/14/20. He did NOT obtain a permit that was required to build so I called him 2/18/20 to let him know that he had to get one before he did anything else. I provided him with the contact and the phone number to obtain the permit. After that I have not hear from Tyshon at all. He avoids all calls, text and messages. I even reached out the man that issues the permits and he was never contacted by Tyshon to get a permit. DO NOT HIRE him if you want the work complete and you money not takenAmelia M.
- Business Description:We service and repair small engine powered equipment, Including lawn and garden power equipment, generators, dirt bikes, atvs, utvs, and more. We offer pickup and delivery services as well. Call us today to setup an appointment.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Appointment scheduled from 1:00 to 5:00, so I took the afternoon off work and stayed home. At about 2:00 I received text message that schedule updated to 2:00 to 4:00. At about 4:00 I received text message that repair tech had arrived. I went outside to greet him and he was driving away in his panel van. I called Sears customer service, they then called the tech and he told them nobody was home and that he had left a hanger on the door advising me to reschedule, all of which was pure bs. Then customer service wanted to know if I would like to reschedule. I told him "Not in this lifetime, and that I had a house full of 18 year old Kenmore appliances that would probably need some repairs, and it certainly would not be by them". With service like that it's no wonder they are experiencing profitability issuesGene J.
- Business Description:Since 1981, family-owned Northern Tool + Equipment has grown into the ultimate destination for hard working do-it-yourselfers and professionals. Our selection of generators, pressure washers, power and hand tools, air compressors, welders, material handling equipment and more includes top national brands and our own world-class products, which we engineer and build in our own manufacturing facilities. We offer useful products at a great price and back them with product expertise and customer ..
- Business Description:Sales and service of outdoor power equipment. Our primary brands are Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, Shindaiwa, and Mantis
- Recent Review:It took them about a day or 2. We had problems with our furnace and we called Sears and they came out and took care of everything. They were very good.RICHARD F.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:This buisness is out to help everyone and is not out to get rich like lot of the other buisness we collect partial payment up front and rest once the job is complet there are 4 employees and not all will be on the job the owner will allways be on the job site to make sure its done right the first time and we offer some 24 hour services if needed for the ones who have kids and the one who are in bad need of hel
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Fountain Inn
- Gray Court
- Travelers Rest
- Slater Marietta
lawn mower repair shops in Mauldin
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- D and S Lawncare100 Saint Paul Rd
Easley, South Carolina
- D and S Lawncare
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Littlejohn Landscapes1565 Compton Bridge Rd
Inman, South Carolina
- Littlejohn Landscapes
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- SEARS5284 A CALHOUN MEMORIAL HWY
Easley, South Carolina
- THOMPSON SMALL ENGINE4800 CHESNEE HWY
Chesnee, South Carolina
- THOMPSON SMALL ENGINE
- Upstate Small Engine Repair 511 Palmetto Dr
Simpsonville, South Carolina
- Upstate Small Engine Repair