M Leon Construction

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2006

Portland

Portland, OR 97229

M Leon Constructions specializing in foundations, basements, crawl spaces, drainage problems, structural wood rot, replacement of driveway bridges....

05/19/2020

David P.

Good communication and the work was done in a qualify fashion.

Description of Work
French drain around interior perimeter or crawlspace + install sump pump

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for the feedback, much appreciated! - MLC

10/04/2018

Teressa M.

They excavated half of our basement that was all dirt and then put up retaining walls that extended to the foundation. After doing a lot of research, I chose M. Leon to do our foundation repair because they were recommended by several other contractors and they gave me the best price. Pascal and the workers were all lovely people and easy to have in and out of my house for three months. They resolved all of my concerns quickly and went above and beyond the scope of the contract on some of the details. Our neighbors had the exact same work being done on their house at the same time, and M.Leon finished our job at least a month ahead of them. I've already recommended them to another neighbor (we all have the same basement issues) and would recommend them to anyone who asked. They worked hard and did a great job. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Basement Excavation/Retaining Walls

Category egress windows,excavators,foundation repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad to hear you're happy with the work. Take care, Loraine w/M. Leon Construction

09/01/2017

Lauren E C.

After purchasing our first home, we had a reputable company come in to give us a bid for earthquake retrofitting. When looking in our crawl space, the estimator pointed out two cracks and told us we had a big problem. He said that our house had active differential movement, and the cost to save our house would be around $20K. Thankfully, our realtor, recommended we have m. Leon construction out to take a look. Pascal was courteous, thoughtful, and incredibly patient and knowledgeable. He assured me that he didn't see anything I should be worried about, and offered some simple suggestions on how to keep the cracks from worsening. The few issues that he did find, he provided a timely and honest I'd for. This company literally saved us $20,000!!!!

Description of Work
Another company said our foundation was screwed.

Category foundation repair

[Member Name Removed], We are so glad to help. I appreciate you taking the time to review us. M. Leon Construction

07/23/2017

ALYSSA A.

They did an amazing job! We had Pascal come give us an estimate a few years ago before we had the work performed. Our basement flooded in August due to a garden hose/ watering issue. Pascal sat my husband down and asked a ton of questions and suggested waiting a year to see if it leaked during the winter. No other company made this reasonable suggestion. Pascal and Lorraine were always super nice to speak and work with. The workers tidied up every evening and made sure wholes were covered and the area safe. They did a fantastic job cleaning up and even unearthed bricks that had been buried with soil and ivy and used them to edge the river rocks! It looks beautiful! That all said, fingers crossed that this does the trick to keep the water from seeping into our basement. They just finished the work a few weeks ago and it is July. So we'll find out this winter how successfully the drain works. My biggest complaint is how difficult it was to contact an actual person. After leaving several emails and phone messages I only heard back from them after I, politely, told them I would start calling other companies to bid the work if they had too many projects going. So getting a hold of them is a bit troubling, but perhaps after this past awful winter they truly are extremely busy and a bit over worked.

Description of Work
Installed French drain.

Category contractors

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We are glad you are happy with the work completed at your residence. It has been a busy year and we are thankful for clients like you who are understanding. Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks again for taking the time to complete a review. M. Leon Construction

06/27/2017

LEAH S.

We were very impressed with the work. Thorough and a good value. End result looks good too.

Description of Work
French drain and connecting downspout to sewer

Category basement waterproofing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave such an encouraging review. It was great working with you. M. Leon Construction

04/26/2017

Barry W.

They did an awesome! Team showed up on time, protected all property and got to work. Was very pleased with the end result

Description of Work
Trenched perimeter of crawlspace, placed perf pipe to existing drain.

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you were happy with our service. M. Leon Construction

03/21/2017

Margaret M.

Not able to get a response after bid was done.

Description of Work
I liked the work they did in the past. Now, however, I am unable to get them to respond to my questions about a bid they made on my foundation work. Very frustrating! I have left phone messages and emails. No response.

Category foundation repair

HI [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry we missed your messages. Please give us a call and we would be happy to schedule to get the work done. We'd like to offer you a reasonable discount to make this up to you. M. Leon Construction

12/05/2016

Brent R.

They did a super job keeping our house clean while this all went on. The workers and management were very nice and communicated really well. They ran into a couple of snags while they were working but kept the price to the "agreed upon contract" which we really appreciated. They are a family run business who have been into this kind of work for a long time. We completely appreciate their work and would hire again in a heart beat!!! Thank you! Brent and Laura

Description of Work
They dug a trench along the inside of my foundation, every room, placed perforated pipe, rock and sunk a hole for a new sump pump. They also cleaned up, replaced insulation and black sheeting throughout our crawlspace.

Category insulation,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

10/17/2016

Lori K.

I received a bid last year, but needed another evaluation. A appointment was scheduled and he did not show up. I called and checked to see if something happened and received voice mail so I left a message. His daughter (who is the Office Manager) called and apologized profusely so I made another appointment on a Saturday (she was accommodating my request). I was there on Saturday promptly at our scheduled time, and again, no show. I did not receive another call back this time and consequently did not use his services.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing.

09/28/2016

Chris G.

It went very well ... and it was all done in a very timely manner. How and where the water was coming in had us stumped for days. At first we thought we had the solution. The rains came and so did the water come inside the house. Pascal looked at it from another angle and figured it out. All the work done was all needed and performs well to this day.

Description of Work
the mystery of how water was entering a portion of the house was solved and remedied by M Leon Construction. Pascal did a fantastic job of figuring out how and where the water was coming in.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

NW Seismic

We are a family-owned business whose mission is to create a more seismically prepared Portland. In designing and implementing a retrofit plan tailored specifically to our client's homes, we hope to shorten the recovery time for Portland after the next Cascadia subduction earthquake. Our work is calculated to strengthen homes to a degree in which homeowners can shelter in place after a moderate-to-high seismic event.

The Wall

If you want more than just beauty built into your project, residents have relied on THE WALL® since 1985. We back up every new retaining wall with an exclusive 5-year limited warranty on all materials and workmanship. The Wall will replace or repair free any fault that might occur as a result of failure in materials and craftsmanship. Your new wall is designed for years of enjoyment. Our warranty is designed to protect your investment.

All About Concrete & Masonry

Design it smarter, build it better, enjoy it longer, From design to installation, All About Concrete & Masonry can turn your vision into a reality. Pour a new path or driveway, lay a new paver patio or paths. We serve the entire Portland Oregon Metro area.

Foundation repair, basement refinishing, waterproofing. Crawlspace drainage, dig outs and clean outs. Exterior drainage . Rot and insect damage repair. Floor leveling. Driveway bridge replacement.