JAMES BRUNKOW

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2007

Owner/operator, no employees. Solid fuel specialist. Payment due at conclusion of service. If replacing factory built chimney approximately 1/2 down on expected parts. No card processing available....

Euro Masonry LLC

Euro Masonry LLC is a company backed by 10+ years experience. We offer competitive rates and have very excellent references with very satisfied customers. Free estimates. Our work is always high quality, clean, and done in a timely manner. Additional contact name - Kiana Karlovic. Award winning. Additional phone number - (503) 333-0133.

Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning Inc

Locally owned & operated since 1979, Oregon Chimney's competent and knowledgable Masons & Sweeps can handle any chimney repair job and chimney cleaning. We also do a variety of other services including chimney caps, linings , waterproofing, flashing, dampers, Real Estate inspections and firebox repairs. Our team at Oregon Chimney is dedicated to giving you the best service at an affordable price. We provide free estimates and our work is guaranteed. We are licensed bonded and insured our CCB number 51967/152506. Call us today for your free estimate. 503-231-2588. We look forward to working with you. Additional DBA - Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning, Inc.

Offers by Oregon Chimney Repair & Cleaning Inc on Angi
Enterprise PNW, LLC

We specialize in concrete services, repairs, pouring, leveling, driveways, walkways, patios, and more! We have been working with concrete for many generations, where we guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! We will offer you the best pricing options, with work done in the most efficient timeframe! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

05/28/2018

Wonderful as always. James is so knowledgeable and helpful and skilled. He’s also a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Chimney swept and alder wood stove evaluated.

01/07/2017

I called several chimney sweep companies, all of whom seemed daunted or unable to be up to the task of repairing my damper chain. i did keep my original Knob, or faub, which apparently is difficult to replace. Jim responded promptly, and did the repair and cleaning within a day of his response. He also gave me tips on building fires and I've been enjoying many of them since.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep and replaced chain on damper which had disintegrated.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

10/06/2015

James is excellant . e is knowledgeable, experienced, interested, thourough and a very nice man. He keeps the area clean in addition.

Description of Work
cleaned wood stove pipes and stove, inspected for safety and proper working order. Made recommendations for repairs.

06/06/2013

Mr. Brunkow needed dry days to do the repair, so we agreed on a time frame. He spent many hours carefully first removing any moss, and then applying the proper products to make the bricks back to a good state. He used a product called elastomeric to seal the shoulders of the chimney, which is supposed to keep water damage out, and had to be applied on dry days, with some assurance of dry weather afterward. I was pleased with his careful, attentive work, and he stayed with his estimate of cost, no matter how much time he needed to spend.

Description of Work
James Brunkow first inspected the exteriors of my chimneys, and told me what he could do to make them back to a better state. My chimneys are from 1975, and the outsides had places where the mortar had fallen out, and needed repair.

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair

07/22/2011

He gave me great advice, and told me that he was not able to do the work. He did give me a great referral, and good advice on what needed to be done. I thought that he went above and beyond what I expected from someone I was not going to pay for the work.

Description of Work
He came out to give me a quote on my chimney.

05/27/2010

James came to our house to help diagnose a problem with our furnace not working. He was able to correctly analyse the situation and figure out that the furnace was not properly connected to the flue causing water to condense in the pipe and roll back into the furnace. This is after two other companies had come by without any clue as to how to move forward with fixing the issue. He was able to get the parts and install a new flue liner and re-route the furnace output for optimal escape from our house. James also went the extra mile to get this installed just before the large snow storm of a couple of years ago and was on our roof getting it done in the rain on a Friday night! I highly recommend James and his work.

Description of Work
Flue replacement, furnace duct work, furnace repair

Category chimney sweep,heating & air conditioning/hvac,chimney repair

05/17/2010

James clearly knows his business, I appreciated his knowledge and attention to detail. Unfortunately he found that my chimney was beyond repair, so no service was performed.

Description of Work
I asked James to come have a look at my chimney, to get it cleaned out and usable.

01/12/2010

I recently had purchase a home with 2 fireplaces, a gas and wood burning. Prior to use of these fireplaces I wanted to have them inspected and swept. I called James and explained the situation to him, he provided me his set prices for a sweeping. He additionally, was able to provide me with the accurate quote as I emailed him pictures of the fireplaces prior to him coming out. After emailing the pictures he notified me that because I had an insert in one of the fireplaces it would be more expensive to clean, and he was not sure if I still wanted to have it swept do to the price. I still asked him to come out and inspect the fireplaces. He explained to me the logistics of the fireplace/chimney. He set the logs on my gas fireplaces. And inspected the fireplace and the chimney (in the snow). He let me know that neither of the fireplaces needed to be cleaned and he advised I not use the wood fireplace until I construct a hearth in front of it, for safety reasons. As such, he was very honest and provided very detailed info and let me know it was not worthwhile for me to spend any money on the wood fireplace until I made the necessary hearth update. I was only charged his standard coming out fee of $60 for coming out, he additionally performed additional inspection as he said based on the price he needed to perform an hour of wor. Upon completion of his services he provided with a detailed listing of what he noted during his inspection. Based on my experience with James I would recommend him to anyone, he is very honest and does what is in the best interest of his customer. James is licensed and bonded and has no negative history per the State of Oregon licensing website.

Description of Work
-Potentially sweep of 2 fireplaces -Correct Setting of Gas Fire Place Logs

03/07/2009

He said he couldn't come out to do an estimate, as he didn't have a car.

Description of Work
Called James for a quote to repair our chimney, as he was highly rated on this list.

12/30/2008

We had one of Angie's List top rated companies come out to do a chimney sweep. They completed the sweep and gave us an estimate on some necessary repairs. The estimate was over $3K(called for a rebuild). We called James, from some personal references, for a second opinion. He came out and fixed cracks in the firebox for around $100 and proceeded to finish up the sweep job that, unbeknownst to us, the previous company had not thoroughly completed. The service between the two companies was like night and day. The previous company used young newbies that knew next-to-nothing about fireplaces. James was so knowledgeable and personable. He provides the kind of service that hearkens back to a day when tradesmen had vast knowledge of their trade. It is so rare to find these days. He can talk fireplaces all day long if given a chance! He also gave us some excellent tips on how to optimize the efficiency of our fire. We scheduled a follow up visit to have James install a chimney cap. He would have done it that day but needed to order the cap. He came back within week or two and we were just as impressed with the second visit. I highly recommend James Brunkow!

Description of Work
Repaired cracks in firebox, partial chimney sweep(cleaned up incomplete sweep that another company left behind)and installed chimney cap.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Chimney sweeping, chimney rain covers with critter screenage, also top sealing dampers integral to rain covers, insulated stainless relining to hearth appliances (wood burning). Replacement of past-useful-service-life factory built 'Class A' Chimney (all fuel), and B-vent (non-condensing gas.) Flashing repair, counter flashing installation. Other masonry chimney repair such as tuck pointing, minor rebuilding (usually no more than from the roofline up), undertaken on a case by case basis.

Masonry repair of flatwork and wall cladding usually declined, really most anything unrelated to hearth and chimney.

Sweep-yes. Repairs if fee, applied to acceptance
    Satisfaction