BERNARD PAINTING INC

Founded 1972 • With Angi since August 2005

Bernard Painting Inc has been in business for 50 years. With that kind of experience, we have fine-tuned our business to meet and exceed your needs in a very timely and cost-effective manner. Look us up on the web and read reviews from actual customers and see why we are chosen more often by home

In processFinishedFront

house painting (253)interior painting (91)pressure washing (41)deck cleaning (34)cabinet refacing (14)decks & porches (11)door installation (5)home remodeling (4)siding companies (4)handyman (4)general contractors (4)woodworking (3)

08/25/2021

Tim W.

Bernard painting recently painted our home, which hadn't been repainted since it was built. We had several estimates for the job, and Brady's was by far the most detailed. With many years experience, he noticed and provided many suggestions to ensure that the work was as meticulous as possible. All work was performed in a very professional manner by an excellent and friendly crew. Brad did an extremely detailed inspection to ensure that everything was done correctly. We were extremely happy with the results! We therefore can highly recommend Bernard Painting! Tim and Becky

Description of Work
Exterior house painted

Category contractors, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

08/18/2021

Robert D.

Beautifully. The proposal was comprehensive and showed attention to detail. The materials provided were top notch. The painters were true professionals. The work was perfection. The results impressive.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

05/25/2021

Patty H.

I was very impressed with the work of Bernard Painting. After power washing completely, the prep on the the house was very thorough. Holes filled, cracked siding filled in, many areas re-caulked. The bid I received was very detailed. As I observed the painting process I made sure all the details of the bid were addressed. Yes, they were. This was not the cheapest bid I received but I would rehire them again for the thoroughness of the job they did.

Description of Work
Entire house exterior painted

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, it was a pleasure working with you as well as watching the wonderful transformation of your home! In the end the guys got their brownies, thank you!

11/03/2020

Todd S.

I have been searching for an experienced painting company who pays attention to detail, and goes above and beyond to make sure the customer is satisfied. The minute I met Brad to walk the house for a bid I knew he was the rite man for the job. Brad is professional, extremely knowledgeable, respectful, and really knows his stuff. Brad even pointed out areas on my house that I overlooked that needed attention. Brad returned my phone calls and emails in a timely manner and his crew always showed up on time and were respectful. Brad’s foreman “Willy” was fantastic and he and his coworkers did an exceptional job. My wife and I are very pleased with how our house looks and are going to hire Brad to paint our kitchen cabinets next. We would strongly recommend Bernard Painting Inc. To anyone who’s looked for an excellent painting company.

Description of Work
Exterior house painted along with black porch railing and gas lantern

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 38999097

10/02/2020

Lisa D.

I have a 1959 ranch home which was last painted 13 to 14 years. I hired Bernard Painting for the job. The owner, Brad, came over walked through what was possible and what was needed. He suggested what color trim and door would work with the body color. I received an extensive bid with lots of details covering exactly what they would do and why. The bid included repairs to siding and fascia boards plus enhancing a beam and post with cedar on my front porch. The work took 3 full days. The crew was professional and friendly. They were respectful to me and my property. They did an excellent job. Brad came on site each day to check the work and provide direction. He has an eagle eye so missed nothing. Brad and his crew lead, Willy, answered all my questions and made sure everything was done to my satisfaction. The job was expensive but top quality and addressed various issues that needed to be corrected and repairs. The house looks wonderful and I'm very happy,

Description of Work
Exterior repairs and paint.

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Thank you so much for your kind review. As a painter of over 48 years we do a lot more than just painting your home. We strive to correct any problems that the house may have as well as offer consultation services to update homes with contemporary touches. This house had rotten and split fascia boards on one end of the house and we covered them with new one by six-inch material that made her peaks look like new again. There was a four by four-inch post by the front door that had been a non stop bubbling paint issue for years. We wrapped this post with fresh cedar and then clear coated it so that she'd never have a bubbling paint issue again. At the same time we turned a liability into an asset. Thank you!

09/05/2020

Sheri S.

The owner, Brad Bernard, came to my home to make an estimate and provided a very detailed description of how he would recommend painting it. The house has LP siding which was still in good shape, but needs additional care to maintain. His crew came and did exactly as described, were professional, cleaned up well, and communicated with me throughout the process. The cost was more than other painter estimates, but the job they did was tremendously better than what I had 10 years ago, and well worth the additional cost. They did extra things like replace/paint weatherstripping that was shot, painted house numbers and light fixtures that made them look like new, painted the cement foundation grey making it look sharp, removed/replaced old caulking, etc. We are very happy with the work done and value for the money. We can highly recommend Brad Bernard Painting.

Description of Work
I needed my house exterior painted.

Category house painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/04/2020

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 38855735

08/06/2020

Jeff W.

If you are searching for somebody to repaint your exterior and if you're like me and gravitate towards the more business-like named companies normally, don't overlook Bernard Painting! He was one of a few people we had come out to give us a quote and though he was the first, I could tell from that first day that he was going to be "the one". Brad has something like 48 years of business under his belt, and it really showed in his walk-through with me. I joke he has "eagle eyes", and was able to point out many minor as well as more serious issues to tackle in the project and did a fantastic job of explaining it all to me and making sure I was "in the know". The quote he sent us was super detailed and he was promising to do a lot more than the other companies with a better guarantee to boot. His crew were all polite, professional, and hard working and even when there were some minor things to be touched up or redone they did a great job and I am overall very pleased with how it all turned out.

Description of Work
Full exterior repaint

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] for the kind review. It was a pleasure working with both of you and all of us at Bernard Painting Inc want to thank you for being such a pleasure to work with. Brad Bernard

10/12/2019

CHARLES F.

they did a very good job making the house look new again. they responded to my questions and suggestions very well. I have mentioned them to neighbors who need painting and would hire them again.

Description of Work
exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 38167807

10/08/2019

Leslie S.

Brad was on time, they cleaned up everything after the work was completed, the paint job was of high quality.

Description of Work
Painting the 2 decks on the house

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

10/03/2019

Theo S.

I have used Bernard painting for house and fence painting, deck restoration, wrought iron gate painting, and driveway power washing for the past nine years . I keep returning to this company because of the high quality of their work and also because of the owner Brad Bernard and his workers. Brad is a good man and honest one, Who only hire the same kind of people to work for him. Brad has a lot of client and he tries very hard to make each of them happy, which isn't easy. I will continue to use this company and can highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
refinish deck and wrought iron gate

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for writing such a kind report. I'll have to check my records but I think that it's bee over 12 years since we painted your home. Brad

08/31/2019

STEVE G.

Our front door looks like new. Salvador did a great job. Brad Bernard was great to work with.

Description of Work
front door finish coat

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

09/01/2018

Shashi L.

It went really well. The painters were really thorough. They did not rush, and took their time to finish the job well. Brad inspected the the painter's work, and identified defects that I could not catch. Overall, job well done, and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Primarily Exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

Thank you! for the feedback! Most of all for trusting us with your painting needs!! All of with Bernard Painting wish you the best! If you ever need help or have questions please feel free to contact us.

Christine N.

This is an addendum to my earlier review. Brad painted my house in 2011. It's several years now and the paint has held up well. I have no problems with that. All the things I said about Brad in my earlier review are true -- he's a wonderful person who does his best to deliver a quality product for a fair price. I think the problem is with the fella who was supervising the painting. I believe a shortcut was taken that didn't show up until a year later -- one that Brad wouldn't have seen when he came to do the final inspection or I'm sure he would have caught it. After about a year, the spaces between the siding started to really show. I thought this was just normal until I saw my neighbor's house being painted. Those painters spent the best part of a day spackling/preparing/caulking the places where the siding comes together. I wanted to see the difference and waited. It's been longer than it took for the separation to appear on my house and we've had an exceptionally wet winter and hot summer. But theirs is fine. This is something you can't fix easily - it's a preparatory step that can't be fixed without going back and re-painting the house which wouldn't need it yet otherwise. I'm really disappointed. The picture on the left was taken right after the house was painted. The picture on the right was taken a few years after.

Description of Work
Painted House

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 37314322

Dear [Member Name Removed], I have been wanting to send you a message or a card to say that we would always be there for you again if you need advice or help! Our goals and learning is teaching us and our customers that we all make mistakes and we all misunderstand especially text messages and even emails!! I want to say thank you so much fro trusting us with your painting needs in the past! I am very new myself to Angie's list and realize how many wonderful feedback's we have over the years from such amazing customers. Our goals is to start responding to feedback! Debra

Christine N.

I stand by all of the good things I said about Brad Bernard in my original review. The paint has stood up well, but a shortcut was taken that will require my house being painted earlier than it should have been. However, the *Hardiplank* siding wasn't caulked / spackled / prepared before painting with consequences you might predict. I didn't realize that was even an important part until I watched our neighbor's house being painted -- those painters spent the best part of a day preparing the siding, which wasn't done on mine. I simply didn't know better. I waited to see if their siding separated as mine had -- they do not have Hardiplank but older LAP siding. I waited longer than the time it took for the issue to appear with mine. We're a couple years in for them, and they don't have the issue I have with the separating. Brad wouldn't have seen this on his final inspection -- it was up to the person he chose to supervise the project. So if there's an ethics issue, I am confident it wasn't Brad. But his name is on it and I'm sorry about that. He's really a wonderful man and I believe his employee pulled the wool over his eyes as much as mine. In the picture posted, the photo on the left is right after my house was painted. The photo on the right is after a few years.

Description of Work
House painting

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 37314622

Christine N.

I stand by all of the good things I said about Brad Bernard in my original review. The paint has stood up well, but a shortcut taken will require my house being painted earlier than it should have been. However, the siding wasn't caulked / spackled / prepared before painting with consequences you might predict. I didn't realize that was even an important part until I watched our neighbor's house being painted -- those painters spent the best part of a day preparing the siding, which wasn't done on mine. I simply didn't know better. I waited to see if their siding separated as mine had -- more than the time it took for the issue to appear with mine and it hasn't. Brad wouldn't have seen this on his final inspection -- it was up to the person who was supervising the project. So if there's an ethics issue, I am confident it wasn't Brad. In the picture posted, the photo on the left is right after my house was painted. The photo on the right is after a few years.

Description of Work
House Painting

07/23/2018

Bo F.

I've had great experience working with Brad and his team (Willy, etc) on this project. Everything went smoothly, and the end product (a new color scheme for my house) is flawless done and beautiful. I started with my conversation with Brad going all the way back to last summer, and Brad stopped by to meet me with the quote and feedback on my proposal. He was extremely patient and trying to address my questions to help me to get the project done right, including the paint selection, color scheme, painting layout and structure arrangement, etc..We set up the date on starting this project by then. Summer this year, one month before the project starting week, Brad has given me the heads up and also stopped by again for a F2F. The crew (Willy and others) arrived on time per the date we agreed upon back in 2017, and had worked diligently throughout a full week. Even though the project was estimated to be about 3 days' effort initially, no one complained with the weather factors and extra work being added. The conversation between the crew and me was extremely smooth and they've been very professional throughout the project per my observation. The end product was beautiful, and it has attracted many neighbors to stop by for inquiry and conversations. The project will come for years for my family and myself to enjoy, and in this I appreciate Brad and his team for this fine delivery to us. Keep up the good spirit and excellent work!

Description of Work
House exterior painting (3 floors)

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

05/30/2018

Dan R.

Bernard painting had the expertise and dedication to do an exceptionally thorough cleaning and preparation, follow owed by one coat sprayed and rolled, then a second coat. The result was beautiful. Our house never looked so good. These guys know what they are doing!

Description of Work
Painting our 1 story home.

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

05/30/2018

Dan R.

It went great! I would recommend Bernard Painting for a first class job.

Description of Work
Painting home

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed] for the wonderful review. We have not had the time to respond to all the great reviews.. You are really a great customer to work with!! We are so thankful and appreciate you for trusting us with your business. If there is ever anything we can help you with please be sure to call us or email us. we would be happy to help you again.. We can also do so much more then we advertise on Angie's List for example we do kitchen cabinets, interior woodwork, swimming pools, garage floors and many other things. We are continuing to work now but limiting how many men per job site and following the virus guidelines. I hope this message finds you and your family healthy and well. Thank you so much! Brd Bernard

06/29/2017

Robert L.

High quality painting and lacquer of cabinets and island. Multiple coats. Brad said the oak grain would not show and he was accurate. Bernard's was professional and thorough

Description of Work
Painted 90's oak kitchen cabinets, molding and doors, stained new kitchen island.

Category interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

Review for BERNARD PAINTING INC - PO BOX 23608, Portland, OR - 35356915

05/31/2017

Shirley S.

They did a very good job on everything. I'm especially impressed with how well the deck has stayed looking nice in the 4 years since it was done as long as I put a clear coat over it every year.

Description of Work
Painting exterior of house and some of interior of house and refinish deck and stairs.

Category deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/10/2013

04/01/2017

Lois K.

The overall experience was excellent. Both the estimators and painters were friendly and professional. The house and deck were well prepped. And now, a year after painting, both still look clean and fresh. The work site was left clean and orderly. There were just a few bush branches broken, but on a job of our size, that's acceptable. I didn't hesitate to recommend Bernard Painting to my neighbor and they, in turn, hired them. My only dismay with the company was the angling for tips at the end of the job. It was disappointing after the the professionalism of the rest of the work.

Description of Work
We needed the exterior of our house and attached deck painted.

Category decks, house painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

02/27/2017

Linda K.

Great! They were on time and Brad was professional and used the highest quality paint.

Description of Work
The house, door and trim were painted. Also the foundation of the house.