HOME RESOURCES UNLIMITED INC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2007

Construction project solution from conception to completion we love it all. Connecting the Right People and Projects, at the Right Time Home Resources Unlimited, Inc., strives to be one of the leaders in the industry by keeping customers satisfied through providing market...

NW Seismic

We are a family-owned business whose mission is to create a more seismically prepared Portland. In designing and implementing a retrofit plan tailored specifically to our client's homes, we hope to shorten the recovery time for Portland after the next Cascadia subduction earthquake. Our work is calculated to strengthen homes to a degree in which homeowners can shelter in place after a moderate-to-high seismic event.

DISTINCTIVE ENTERPRISES & PAINTING LLC

Award-winning & Owner-operated Distinctive Enterprises and Painting offers a wide array of services for our Oregon and Southwest Washington customers. These services include preparation, interior painting, exterior painting, wood finishing, floors and decks, and pressure cleaning. We proudly offer these services for complete customer satisfaction. Additional contact name - Beatriz Munoz.

Offers by DISTINCTIVE ENTERPRISES & PAINTING LLC on Angi
Rick's Rubble

looking for a reliable company that's reputable and affordable? At Rick's Rubble we make Foreclosure, Trashouts , and junk removal simple , cost- effective ,and convenient. Specializing in Construction , residential and commercial

06/05/2007

HRU was referred to us by a friend. Cross referenced on Angie's list and was concerned about the comment. I then checked with a couple additional folks I trusted and heard nothing but rave reviews. He did an excellent job re-shaping our project to match our budget. Our initial vision was bid by a couple contractors at more than twice our budget. Dave had a great solution that fit our budget. Dave was prompt, courteous, professional and a joy to work with throughout the project. His team from drywall and electrical to flooring was incredible. The project lasted about four weeks, included everything we wanted and was finished at the price we agreed to at the beginning of the project. We love our new basement and have offered to be a reference for any person considering to use HRU for a project.

Description of Work
HRU remodeled our basement including new floor, painting, ceiling, drywall, electrical outlets and home theater wiring. They also finished off our laundry room.

Category drywall,electrician,remodeling,screen repair,home theater design,interior painters

01/16/2007

In the beginning I thought I had found a good remodeler/contractor who could do anything and everything. He had trouble putting things in writing, there was no more room on the contract to describe anything else and I was pressed for time, needing to get my chronically ill son to the doctors, so I took him at his word. We also added additional remodeling in the downstairs bathroom, kitchen, and several other items. By the time I signed the contract he had used the rest of the space to delineate the payment schedule which had worked it's way to a total of $20K. He still insisted from the beginning to a week after the limited above work was done, that we were "several thousand dollars" under budget. He kept pushing for money and payments, I pointed out that 20% retention was a reasonable thing to expect, but he wrote it up that payment in full was due when the job was complete. There is a whole continuing chapter from here. I have pictures, witnesses, and people who tried to help.

Description of Work
On Dave Sheldon's phone orders, his laborers tore apart my bathroom starting with one wall they believed hid a leak. The wall showed no sign of a problem, so then they tore off the shower/tub and surround, no leek, no moisture. Then after me betting them to start at the toilet and be careful, they took the toilet off. I had a moisture meeter and a measuring tape and I knew that it was the toilet but not until I had signed that contract. The rest of the work they did was to "'fix" the structure (I hope), put a new wall in, put in a new $299 bathtub, put tile on the floor and surround as previously agreed. That is the extent of the work done to my knowledge. I have asked for an accounting, but have received nothing. This is not a complete story. It will cost more to fix my house than he took already. DON'T USE HIM! He didn't finish the first job and their was a second making it $20K. The list of things he didn't do is longer than the list of what he was to do.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,home remodeling

ADDITIONS, ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN, REMODELING, KITCHENS & BATHS, DECKS & FENCES, ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING, HEATING & COOLING, LANDSCAPING, PAINTING, ROOFING & GUTTERS, SIDING REPLACEMENT, WINDOWS & DOORS, MASONRY & TILE, CONCRETE WORK, HANDYMAN PROJECTS, SMALL JOBS & REPAIRS AND MORE.

Check, Visa, MasterCard