Wind Bender Mechanical Services, LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since October 2010

3.7

784 Ohio 72

Jamestown, OH 45335

Wind Bender Mechanical Services, LLC is a full service mechanical company providing Heating & Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical Service, Repair and Replacement. The primary difference between us and the other Mechanical companies is that we have over 30 years experience in commercial installation in

08/18/2022

Karen D.

I would definitely would not hire them again. Our home warranty sent them to us. It took 16 days for them to repair our air conditioning unit. When I called on day 15, they hadn't even ordered my parts and she didnt know when they would be able to repair our unit. Its amazing how after my call them were out here the next day. Ugh

Description of Work
Air conditioner repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], we were very surprised you gave a 1 star review. The reason your repair took so long is as follows: We received your work order from your home warranty company on 7/29 and then scheduled the initial appointment with you for 8/1. We submitted the work needed to your home warranty company the same day we were out to diagnose the issue. We then had to wait for the warranty to approve the repairs, and we kept you apprised of the status multiple times. When we did hear back from the warranty company on 8/10, they stated they were waiting on your to approve the non-covered amount on your repair. The home warranty had tried to reach out to you to get that approval, and we emailed and texted the invoice to you for the non-covereds ao that we could put in an order for the part. You called on 8/11 and said you would make payment that day. We did not receive the payment. You called our office on 8/15 and proceeded to get into a very heated conversation with our office personnel. Stating the payment is pending on your end and you wanted service tech out the next day. We then again explained to you that we had to order the part from the manufacturer and could schedule as soon as we received the part, which then you got even more upset and hung up on our office personnel. The payment did go through on 8/15, and we were out the next day to make the repairs. We feel your review was not warranted, we did everything we could to work between your home warranty company and yourself.

07/22/2017

Leo F.

I would never again do business with this company and I would recommend that anyone else who is considering them to look elsewhere. My home warranty company selected Wind Bender to do the initial inspection and then to perform repairs, so they were not my contractor of choice. To start the work, Wind Bender requested 1/2 down and the other half upon completion. I was sent a link via email to make the initial payment and had every reason to assume that I'd make the final payment the exact same way. I was at work when they came to complete the repairs and did not expect to have any problems with their work or any issues with receiving an invoice for final payment. While at work, I received a series of calls from the person who let them into the house and was told that their workers stated that they were not leaving until I got home from work to pay them. The workers stated that their boss instructed them to do this. I was shocked, upset, and nervous. I immediately called the Wind Bender office and spoke with Candy, the co-owner, and asked why her workers were seizing my home and holding it and those inside hostage. Candy was extremely unprofessional and became very belligerent. I advised her that I made an initial payment through a link sent via email and that I assumed that I'd make the final payment the same way. I also asked why they could not and/or would not leave an invoice. Candy then replied that she instructs her employees to remain in people's homes until they collect payment. She stated that she'd send me a link to make payment and, this is a direct quote, "I'll send you a link, but my men are staying in your house until I receive confirmation that the payment was made. I don't care how long it takes. They're not going anywhere until I get the confirmation." I felt like I was dealing with members of the mafia. I was so distraught that I was going to leave work and contact the police. I had strangers in my home who refuse to leave. I made the payment as soon as I received the link from Candy because I did not know who these people were and what they were capable of doing. If a stranger tells you that they're seizing your home and holding you hostage, then you never know what else they may do to you. Afterwards, I received a voice mail from Bob McBride who told me lengths that they had to go to in order to get one of the parts and that I should be grateful. I called back the next day and left a voice mail requesting the final invoice showing the work done and the amount paid to them. I did not receive a call back, so I sent an email to Bob. He responded that I'd get the invoice once it was ready. I waited a week and contacted them again, but did not get a response. I contacted the home warranty company and they advised that they received a final invoice for the part that they paid, so I was surprised that I had not received one from Wind Bender. I sent another email to Bob asking for the final invoice and I also advised him that after 24 hours of leaving the air conditioner on, that it never reaches the set temperature. Bob did not respond with the invoice nor did anyone contact me about sending someone else out. I have no idea to the extent of the work done by them because they refuse to send me a final invoice and I have no proof (other than bank statements) that I've paid them in full. Also, their workers left a deep scratch in my new bamboo floors when either removing the old unit or bringing inside the new unit. I have not even addressed that with Wind Bender because they refuse to contact me.

Description of Work
Heat pump repairs

04/30/2017

Kirsten M M.

The Wind Bender Mechanical team did a fantastic job, from diagnosing the problem with the old AC unit, giving me my options on repair or replacement, assisting with financing for a new system, and the installation. Candy was extremely helpful, and was able to get someone out the day after I spoke to her. Bob, the service technician, was fantastic for both the diagnosis and the installation. He spent extra time on the diagnosis, making sure that all I knew all of my options. When he came back to install the new system, he made sure that everything was working properly before he left, and when he realized that a part on the new system was defective, offered to come back the next day with the new part, on a Saturday, to make sure he finished the job properly. He was professional, showed up on time all three days, and took care of the issue, working straight through and even braving the storms on Saturday to finish as quickly as possible. In addition, he detected a gas leak on my furnace, a leak that I had no idea about and could have been very costly. He turned off the gas, reported the leak to the home warranty company and to Candy, who called me on Saturday afternoon to assure me that she would get someone out on Monday to fix that problem! I am extremely impressed with Wind Bender Mechanical and will definitely use them again (I’ve already sent in the work order for them to repair the gas leak) and will recommend them to all of my friends and family.

Description of Work
Diagnose then replace my AC system.

04/10/2017

Keith H.

Difficult to schedule and when they finally came the service tech indicated that was told to put in Freon and leave even though he never determined the issue. His manager was rude and her boss hung up on my wife. They are unprofessional and not knowledgeable in HVAC. Do not use them, you will be sorry.

Description of Work
Air condition service through a home warranty company

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry that you were not happy with the service that you received. We were unable to gain access to the line set to complete a diagnosis. This was explained to your wife, but unfortunately in a situation such as this we are left without many options. The best thing that we were able to do would be to add leak stop and add refrigerant. We let your warranty company know what was happening and they were able to offer you a cash in lieu payment as a result. I am sorry that we were unable to gain access to the pent house room which would have allowed us to access the line set so that we would have been able to give you a proper diagnosis. We spent a considerable time attempting to obtain access including speaking with your property management company along with your wife, and I wish that we would have been able to better provide you the diagnosis you were looking for. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your frustrations so that we have the ability to better serve our clients in the future.

12/01/2016

Robert M.

Came out quickly, the tech they sent was fast and efficient, but that's where the positive experience ended. He wrote up a work order, stated that the part may need to be ordered and they would be in touch. After almost a week of nothing, we called several times only to be told that they hadn't even contacted the home warranty company for approval. Once they had, we were told it would be an additional $85 to schedule our appointment for that week (even though they waited a week to even check about approval). Tech's were good, but the office staff is awful. Would not use if given a choice

Description of Work
Fix toilet that previous home warranty company failed to fix.

08/09/2016

Mike W.

Poor. Called company to schedule an appointment. They confirmed date and time, so I took off work. Well after nobody showed (or called - not very hard to call when running late) during first several hours of time slot, so I called the company myself. Was informed last appointment was running late and they would not be able to make it - can we reschedule for tomorrow? Regrettably I agreed as needed someone to check unit. Second day they did show - but technician had no idea what could be causing high humidity in the house. Had to call his boss several times to ask what to check for. He came back in from van and started to check air flow out of vents - he stated it could be slow air movement, but then he stated to be honest I have no idea if this meter even works. Let me go back to the office and discuss with the owner and we will get back to you. 5 days later - still no response.

Description of Work
HVAC System is causing a lot of humidity in house - over 80%.

07/13/2016

Erica M.

Windbender was sent to us through our home warranty company. After we got the company out to look at the problem they informed us it wouldn't be covered through our home warranty and that we should file a home owners ins claim. They stated they would get us an estimate and that we should get the ball rolling and open an insurance claim. I truly appriciated them giving us more information about the home warranty and what it covered and didn't and some other options for us. During this time this matter actually become a legal suit with the previous owners of the property so per our attorney he told us we needed to make sure we got multiple estimates for the repairs to make sure we had a paper trail. After speaking with our home owners insurance we had come to realize that the damage done would not be covered unless we "misled" the insurance company by telling them there was lightening damage (which this issue was caused by negligence of the previous owner, which was very clear to every contractor we had out). I had attempted to get the estimate for the cost from Windbender numerous times. I actually had to call our insurance company back and make sure that no claim was processed or anything sent in. They had told us that Windbender had already been contacting them. I again asked for the estimate and after a few times asking I finally got a response from Windbender. Their estimate was over DOUBLE the cost of both of the other two estimates I had recieved for the repairs. I had informed the representative I was speaking with that my husband and I would have to go over everything and discuss it before we decided which company to go with due to the huge gap in prices. We were then told "I would like to caution you if another company is bidding half that's a sign something is off. You get what you pay for, we are not the cheapest but we're not the highest either." I'm not sure if their price was so high because they were trying to get it to an insurance claim to make more money or if they're normally that much higher than their competitors. We decided to go with one the middle cost estimate (which was $2000) and everything was replaced and repaired as necessary. I do not know if the quality of work would have been better by Windbender but I highly recommend getting multiple estimates from other state licensed contractors to make sure you aren't over paying.

Description of Work
We needed work done on our well and replacement/repair on equiptment with our well. We had no water to our home due to problems with the electric to the well house and the equipment in the well house.

Category wells

06/09/2016

Julia H.

The provider came out to look at a leaky pipe and valve (anybody could have diagnosed it). At that time they collected $75.00. They submitted it to our home warranty service who approved the claim (however they never called us to let us know it was approved). So we then called Wind Bender to find out the status of our claim and they confirmed that it was approved by our home warranty service and told us that they had the parts on order and would call us to schedule the repair once the parts came in. However, we never received a call from Wind Bender so again we called them to see if the parts were in and they then told us that our warranty company has denied it. I questioned them why the told us it was approved, but they didn't have an answer. It seems fishy that they told us one thing and then did another. I think they had no intentions of doing the repair and just wanted to collect the $75.00 for doing nothing. After reviewing the other reviews on Angie's List it seems that they are known for this behavior (collecting money from customers and never providing any service). In addition the office staff was very unprofessional!

Description of Work
The provider performed the original service call and collected our $75.00 that was required by our home warranty company.

07/14/2015

Johanna M.

I have had the worst experience with this company. They sent someone out back in May to confirm that we needed a new water heater. Their tech confirmed that we needed a new water heater. I had to pay a $75 service fee for him to come out, and he told me that he would report his conclusion to the company, they would talk to the warranty company, and then get in contact with me to set up a day for him to come back out and install the new water heater. I waited for weeks...4 weeks to be exact, and heard nothing. I called the company, and they told me that they were having trouble locating new water heaters because the standards had changed (please tell me how they were having so much trouble when I could go to any hardware store and find a huge stock of water heaters). So I waited another two and a half weeks before calling again. Then the woman I talked to told me they had some turnover in their office, and must have overlooked my account, and she would get back to me later that day. Never heard anything...so I called back two days later, and she said she was working on the account right now. I called her back later and she said she was finishing it up. She told me I would be receiving an email with the estimate of what would come out of our pocket because the warranty company doesn't cover everything, and I should also be receiving a call from the warranty company explaining what isn't covered. I got a call from the warranty company, and they told me that Wind Bender told them that there would have to be code modifications and a new water line put in, and it was going to cost us around $525. I spoke with my husband after talking with the warranty company, and he wanted me to call and find out what these code modifications were. I called them back, and they said that we needed a new safety drip pan priced at $105, a new expansion tank priced at $232, and then the water line priced at $225. My husband and I priced out what it would cost to purchase the expansion tank and the drip pan from Lowe's. The pan cost around $30 to replace and the expansion tank cost around $70 to replace. I finally received an email from Wind Bender with their estimate of what it would cost, and they quoted me DOUBLE what the warranty company told me it would cost. Someone from Wind Bender called me today to confirm everything, and I asked the man I was speaking with why everything cost so much. He proceeded to tell me that the company has to make money and so they mark things up, plus it includes the cost of installing it (isn't that what labor charges are for?). Why their company has to mark up their items over 3x what it cost to purchase them in a hardware store, I don't know. Then I mentioned to him that I was particularly unhappy about the fact that it has been TWO MONTHS since their tech originally came out to my house to determine if the water heater needed to be replaced or not, and he said well, that's why those people no longer work here. I have had HORRIBLE customer service from this company, and they tried to charge us an absurd amount for the work that they were going to do. Needless to say, we decided to take the payout from the warranty company. I will NEVER use this company or recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
This company is contracted through the warranty company we have for our house, and they were supposed to come replace our water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

d V.

They did a good job. They were professional, showed up on time, and took care of the issue. I would recommend them and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Wind Bender Mechanical Services, LLC worked on our furnace.

Wendell B.

It went well. They addressed the problem. They were good and on time. They handled things in professional manner.

Description of Work
I had a heating problem last year. They replaced my heat pump. At first they tried to do some electronic work but it didn't work so they have to replace the whole unit. It was 20 years old and I knew it needed to be replaced.

Stephen T.

It was very good. It is working just fine. It is great. I've got hot water again. I found out about them through American Home Shield. My interaction with them was great. I was able to work with them very well. He was very personable. I enjoyed speaking with him. Actually, it was easier speaking and working with him than it was with the folks at the store.

Description of Work
Wind Bender Mechanical Services, LLC came out and did the inspection, and he came back out and installed the water heater a week later.

Category water heater repair

Ginny P.

We would use them again. There was no problem. They had a good price.

Description of Work
We used Wind Bender Mechanical Services for our HVAC system.

Becky A.

It was fine, it was good but it's a little complicated to rate because we have unfinished basement and we had an outside cost that needed to be replaced.

Description of Work
I used Wind Bender Mechanical Services.

Kelly D.

They're pretty quick coming out. They're just nice, they come and do their work at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Wind Bender Mechanical Services came for our water heater. Our thermostat came out.

Category water heater repair

NICOLE G.

It was not a good outcome at the end. We are not pleased with Wind Bender. They faucet was leaking and the first time they came and they took apart the top part of the faucet and they called Moen because it was under warranty. Moen said they will replace part of the cartridge. They order that part and when they came back out they took apart the entire faucet to put that cartridge in they realize that the faucet was worse and it needed a whole new head. So they misdiagnosed it from the beginning so they had to call Moen again. We had bought the house a year they earlier and Moen said since I was not the original owner they won’t replace it, unless I had a receipt. They came out later with a replacement faucet that we had ordered and they came with the wrong faucet. They we had to order another faucet and they had to come out again and during this time the kitchen faucet was turned off and that was an inconvenient. They put the faucet in and in a week later the facet was loose on the counter top. We called them and they said it was not their fault because they had tightened it when they left it. They charge us another service charge and we were not happy with the outcome. They should have replaced the faucet and stood by their work.

Description of Work
They did a kitchen faucet repair.

Category plumbing

(removed member name), We are sorry you are not pleased with our company. I encourage you to always contact the company in which you are not satisfied with before listing a review, for most companies truly want to resolve any differences, and most of the time can reach a happy resolution. I looked into the charges and saw your home warranty company deemed you were responsible for these charges. I have notes that your husband was completely satisfied with our services and signed off on work performed. I know that our tech went above and beyond in helping your husband identify a leak that was pre-existing from your dishwasher. I am saddened I didn't get an opportunity to speak with you further about this at the time of services, I am sure we could have reached a mutually satisfying resolution to your concerns. Thank you, Candy McBride, Vice President

penelope K.

We have been really happy with them. The crew was very nice and professional. They seem to know how to set up the system.

Description of Work
They put in air conditioning and heating.

Dianna M.

I'll never hire them again. They were so rude and I would never recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
We had some work done from Wind Bender Mechanical Services

Category plumbing

Ms. [member name removed], I understand you did not feel you received good services from our company which would explain why you put a stop payment on your check. I reached out to you when this happened and unfortunately I never received a phone call back from you. I encourage you to first contact a company when you are not happy with services , for most companies truly want to work with you towards a mutually happy resolution. I am sorry you didn't explore this with our company.

MIKE & PHYLLIS M.

They were good, they take care of the problem. They were working fine ever since. He was fine, we had conversation and he told me what needed to be done.

Description of Work
I had a stocked up drain and Wind Bender Mechanical Services got it unclogged.

Phil F.

My memory was that they did the work and did exactly what they said. They gave an estimate and the final amount was the same as the estimate. The guy was professional and did good work. They were not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

02/11/2015

RUDY B.

The repairman was here on time and repaired my toilet flush problem. He was punctual, professional and polite. I will use them in the future for sure. I used my home warranty insurance, but I will request they send me Wind Benders when I need work done in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired the flushing units in toilet.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Thank you {Member's name removed} Family, we really appreciate the time you have taken to leave a positive review for us. I know its human nature to quickly leave a negative reply in hopes of telling many as opposed to take the time to leave a positive review. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business on each and every call.

01/05/2015

Brenda C.

My outside unit was frozen so the heat was not working correctly. We had to manually switch from neat to emergency heat on our thermostat. They came out a total of three times. We went through American Home Shield so we only paid the $75 service fee. The first time they sent a very nice gentleman. He explained that my outside unit was frozen up because of how cold it was. He explained how the emergency heat selection works on my thermostat. He said when the weather was above freezing they could come back out and find out what the exact problem was. A month later my husband called to find out what was going on. The weather had warmed up a bit and we never got a call. The man we talked to on the phone should not be in customer service. He was rude and basically implied that we were lying. He said that everything had been resolved and that we had paid out service fee to be "educated on how a heat pump works". That's when we "lost it". I will confess that we got ugly and threatened them with all sorts of action. My husband demanded that someone call him before the end of the day with a proper resolution. They called us back and said that they would be out the next day. The next day the same nice gentleman and another gentleman came to look at the unit. The second gentleman was the owner's son. He apologized for the rudeness the day before and said that the person had been educated in proper customer service. The owner's son is a very nice young man. He was earnest in his apology and wanted to make things right. I felt they did the right thing.They found the problem and said they would give us a call when the parts had come in. About a week later we got the call that the parts were in and they came out the next day.Once again a tech and the owner's son came. The repair was done quickly. everything is going smoothly. I feel that we talked to the wrong person on the phone. Everyone that we had personal contact with was friendly and professional. I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Replace a bad board and sensor in my heat pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good Day [member name removed] Family, We certainly appreciate you setting aside time of your busy day to leave honest feedback for us. We are truly thankful you let us know about the experience you had with every employee you engaged with. Please my apologies for my office personnel lack of providing good customer service to you. Without feedback from you we are unaware and you took the time to make me aware. With your help I have been able to coach my office on proper protocol in handling customers concerns. We should never be dismissive of a concern and should do our due diligence in resolving any issues. I am sending you out a Comfort Plan membership at no cost which will provide you discounts for our services and products as a Thank You Gift. Thank you, Candy McBride, Vice President

10/15/2014

Pamela H.

I wasn't happy with the experience because it took them six months before they could actually do the work. The quality of the work was OK, but the customer service aspect was very poor. I had to spend time in hotels while my unit was out. The unit later caught fire due to its location (it was too close to the wall), and I actually had to recently replace it. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
I had them install a new AC unit and repair some coils on my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are saddened by your review. We agree your home warranty company made you wait a long time to have your a/c replaced. The length of time was out of our control for we are under contract to install equipment supplied by them . Our apologies for your inconvenience

10/14/2014

Susan W.

The repairs were more difficult than I expected and it was much more expensive than I expected. They did the best they could and were very prompt, but they definitely had some issues in fixing the unit. They had to come out four separate times, and I think they possibly replaced more parts than needed. It took them about a week or more. They were the only one in the immediate area that would do the work. However, everything has held up since they came out to do the repairs and I would consider using them again.

Description of Work
I had them out to work our our Mitsubishi ductless mini-splits.

08/30/2014

penelope K.

The three men who worked here were friendly and conscientious. There was a problem after installation. They came back promptly and worked until the problem was solved. We are very satisfied with the system and the company.

Description of Work
installed air conditioning into my home that is more than 100 years old and has no duct work

Logan A/C & Heat Services

Rely on our fast, friendly team at Logan A/C & Heat Services for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. Logan Services is the #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been chosen as the top HVAC company by readers of Dayton Magazine. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and has called Dayton home since 1969.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Kyles Excavating

Mostly a single person operation, on the occasion I require help, I have 3 part-time gentlemen that work for me, as needed. Payment terms, 50% due upon signing and accepting estimate, balance due upon completion. For larger jobs, financing is available.

CJS Heating & Air

CJS Heating & Air has been in business for 20+ years and is dedicated to serving our customers with the highest level of respect. It is our goal to make sure that every customer is 100% satisfied with the work and service that is provided. We want to leave every home knowing that our customers are happy with the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning products and services they received. CJS has highly trained and certified HVAC heating technicians. All of our technicians go through a very rigorous drug, and background check as well as intense continuing education classes. This gives our customers the peace of mind in knowing that they have the absolute safest and best team in their home. CJS is proud of the hard work and dedication that it has given the Dayton and Northern Cincinnati area over the last 20 years. We strive to be better than your average central heating and air conditioning company. During the 2007, 2008, and 2009 season C J S was presented with the President's Award. Only a very select few companies around the world ever receive this award. It shows that C J S is dedicated to customer service. We want to go that extra mile to ensure that you have the very best when it comes to your home comfort. In choosing C J S Heating & Air you are choosing a company that has your very best interest in mind. You get safe, knowledgeable, dependable trustworthy technicians that stand behind their work because they are proud of what they do. With C J S you get nothing but the best. And remember, "Night or Day….We're A Call Away!!" We are there when you need us. No matter what time of day or night it is. So put your trust in us because our mission is to make your experience with C J S the best you've ever had..

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Ohio Air Conditioning, Air Conditioning Contractor, Air Conditioning Repairs, Air Conditioning Installation, Heating Contractor, Heating Repairs, Heating Installation, Furnaces, Boilers, Water Heaters, Indoor Air Quality, Air Cleaners, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Geothermal Service, Geothermal Installation, Geothermal Repairs, Plumbing, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Gas Lines, Pipe Work, Sewer & Drain Line Cleaning, Sump Pumps, Garbage Disposals, Reverse Osmosis, Water Softeners