Garrity Painting

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2006

11x Consecutive Super Service Award Winner. A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.Garrity Painting is a family owned and operated company proudly serving the Northeast Ohio area. With over 25 years in the industry, Residential and Commercial. Garrity Painting also offer our expertise in several

2022 Super Service Award

Painting - Interior Project

interior painting

Window installation
View project

house painting (184)interior painting (114)pressure washing (28)wallpaper removal (21)decks & porches (20)siding companies (11)drywall (11)door installation (8)cabinet refacing (6)window treatment (5)appliance repair (3)Nurseries (1)

08/19/2022

Matthew K.

Overall great experience! John provided a reasonable price and good professional advice regarding the job. Best of all in this time of having to wait months for work to be performed, John was able to come over a month early in finish the job in a couple days. Will definitely be using Garrity Painting for future work.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

07/12/2022

Al N.

John and Ryan provided excellent work and went beyond call of duty to finish timely. Both were willing to address any concerns I had and cleaned up after work was done great. Will have them do addiitonal painting for us in future

Description of Work
exterior house painted

Category appliance repair, house painters

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

Thank you I appreciate the work and enjoyed working with you John Garrity

03/26/2022

Pam W.

It went great! John did an awesome job! I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
interior painting

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

03/22/2022

William R.

The room looks great. They worked very fast and were able to get the job done in one day. They showed up on time. Everything was cleaned up at the end. They previously did work for us and would hire them again

Description of Work
bedroom walls, doors, trim and ceiling

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

12/13/2021

Allison P.

John was very professional and responsive at the time of the quote as well as while completing work. The workmanship and work ethic excellent. We will absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Indoor painting

Work Completed On 11/26/2021

12/02/2021

Adam T.

John did an excellent job. Very professional and courteous. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
interior repaint

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

Review for Garrity Painting - 19527 Marwood Ave, Cleveland, OH - 39560732

11/27/2021

Nick K.

Went well, detail oriented and finished within timeframe as promised. Would hire again without hesitation.

Description of Work
interior repaint

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

11/24/2021

Nick K.

Whole processes was smooth, John and his crew were detail oriented and fixed a lot of corners and drywall tape we didn't even realize were bad. Job came out very nice - would certainly hire him again without hesitation. A pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
interior,repair drywall,painted trim and walls

Work Completed On 11/28/2021

11/05/2021

Louise S.

The project went extremely well. John and Ryan were professional and pleasant to work with. All the work promised was performed to a high standard, and done within the time frame we had scheduled. I would hire them again for any painting project.

Description of Work
Painting the first floor common rooms and hallways

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

10/14/2021

Samra B.

Mr. John Garrity is a rare businessman in today's world. He responded promptly by phone to our request for a consultation. He came to our home that same day to discuss the details of the quote. From beginning to end he exceeded our expectations in every way. He is an honest and hardworking business owner! He knows and understands the properties of paint, wood, vinyl and aluminum siding and how they all interact with one another over time in our unique Cleveland climate. His assistants, Sean and Ryan, were hardworking as well and very respectful! The quote was fair for an excellent job well done! It has been a pleasure to do business with John Garrity Painting! We have already referred him to our friends who were impressed with his attention to detail and work ethics. We feel very fortunate to have found Garrity Painting on Angi's List! Please do not pass up the opportunity to work with this dedicated, fair and trustworthy businessman, John Garrity!

Description of Work
Pressure wash, exterior painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

Review for Garrity Painting - 19527 Marwood Ave, Cleveland, OH - 39507978

Thank you For your review I also want to thank you for your patience in a very wet and understaffed year. John Garrity

06/04/2021

just L.

After reading other people's experience with Garrity Painting and doing my own exhaustive search on their track record, I called for an estimate. The owner, John Garrity, returned my call the same day and scheduled a site visit to see the scope of our project. The more I talked to him, the more it was evident that he and his team take great pride in their work. Little did I realize just how honest and hard working those guys would be! Not only were they here every day, all day, they took their time prepping surfaces (like sanding our garage doors and front door -- several times), they fixed issues they found along the way instead of simply painting over it, they painted test colors around the outside in various places so we could see the colors in different times of the day, they walked around to confirm which colors went where, they primed and they did not cheat us on the amount of paint they used for each coat. They did SUCH AN AMAZING JOB! We've had friends and family drive past the house because it has undergone such a transformation, they didn't recognize it. Of course, changing the color is a big factor, but the time and effort Garrity and his team put into the work is what really makes the biggest difference. He was 1 of 4 contractors we had out to provide an estimate and his was not only the most fair but the most thorough -- no stone was left unturned to make our house look fabulous and more importantly, he was easy and honest to work with. His communication was always timely and he always answered any questions we had. Besides the house, they also sanded and refinished our deck, steps and posts. What John said they would do, they did. No cutting corners, no adding to the estimate after we accepted the proposal. It really is rare to find business owners who still work onsite daily and ensure the customer is beyond happy. Save yourself some time with other companies - you will be hard pressed to find one better than Garrity Painting.

Description of Work
Ext.repair/repaint/restain

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

03/09/2021

Lee F.

Fantastic. One of the best and most conscientious contractors I've ever worked with. John and Ryan's painting skills are outstanding and meticulous. In addition, they were very careful to protect all the floors and furniture. Their clean up after the job was more thorough than I would have done myself. I will absolutely be hiring them again for future work.

Description of Work
Interior painting of master bedroom and bathroom in addition to trim throughout the house.

Category appliance repair, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

11/14/2020

Jason R.

John was very professional and communicative while quoting and performing the work. He painted my basement, which included some tricky wood paneling and trim work on the stairs. He took care to understand exactly what colors I wanted on each section of the trim, and stopped to ask when something was unclear, which I appreciated. He also made a point to say that he would return after the job was done to perform any touch-ups, if required. There were a few spots that did need an additional coat after drying, so I took him up on this offer and he came back within the week to touch things up. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 11/30/2020

10/30/2020

CARL H.

I built our 20 foot long bridges in 1989. They've been pressure washed and coated with AMTECO stain every 3 to 5 years. Garrity has done this work the last two times. Each time they gave much more attention to detail than I was used to receiving. They even carefully fixed the splinters that have appeared over the years. They sanded the small ones off and bonded the large ones. No one would guess these wooden bridges are over 30 years old! The house painting was also done well. I was pleased by Mr. Garrity's willingness to go beyond just painting and tackle unusual problems such as carpenter bee nests and replacement of rotted wood.

Description of Work
They pressure washed and stained our two pressure-treated wood bridges. They also painted the wood trim on our brick house.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Bob M.

Excellent job. Painted several samples and had excellent recommendations in colors. I changed what I wanted on my gutters and trim late and he switched it without a problem. Just a nice guy that shows exactly when he said he would and does an excellent job. I will be using him next year to stain my deck. I am the 3rd house he’s done on my street in 2 years. Great guy!

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Cheryl G.

Love the work and John and his assistant are extremely easy to work with as well as enjoyable to be around. They fixed issues that weren't even part of the job at no charge! Awesome!!! Will DEFINITELY hire again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Louis M.

John did an excellent job on our home. He went above and beyond our expectations. We liked his work so much that we hired him again for another project and we recommended him to our neighbors. They were pleased with his work as well.

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

11/01/2019

Rodger C.

First, of the 3 contractors from whom we got estimates, John Garrity spent the most time explaining what he would do, and how, and he paid far more attention to the various details than the other two. Also, especially since the job took 5 full days to complete (and most days were longer than 8 hours), we thought his price was very reasonable. My wife and I also thought that John, Tom and Matt (who have worked with John for many years) were not only very hard working and professional, but all three were friendly, considerate, and very conscientious in their work ethic and affect, i.e., they did an absolutely beautiful and exacting job! (Indeed, I’ll take those 3 any day over other contractor’s host of inexperienced college kids.) They did such an absolutely outstanding job that we really can’t praise the work they did highly enough! In a nutshell, they transformed the appearance of our house from looking old, drab, faded and worn to looking like a new and beautiful house. They really went the extra mile to make everything look perfect. In fact, John even went out to Menards in Avon to get a dozen new shutters for the front and side of the house to replace the old broken and decrepit ones. We will be forever grateful to all three of them for the outstanding work they did to make our house look SOOOOO much better than we could’ve imagined. Thank you John, Tom and Matt!!! PS: I was really quite outraged to see Angie’s List’s 10/3/19 BS notation on how they’re apparently blocking (or hiding) Garrity’s listing over alleged non-payment of advertising. No wonder I had to resort to an external search engine to find their listing in order to write this review! Angie’s List should be ashamed of themselves for their pettiness and blocking public access to such an outstanding contractor! What a crock of BS!

Description of Work
Painted entire house exterior

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

10/23/2019

LeeAnn S.

I cannot speak highly enough about the product or about the process. This painter used a small crew that he has worked with for years and the crew was consistent throughout the job, so I did not have a lot of strangers running around. Everyone was professional, polite and easy to work with. They were very thorough and made repairs I did not expect them to catch. The colors are absolutely spot on. They even did some small things outside the contract (buffing out discoloration on car panel) without charging extra. Non-instrusive, proactive and tidy in their approach. I rarely have had such a positive experience with a contractor. And my neighbors were just as impressed as I am. A++++

Description of Work
Painting and repairs on exterior of house, garage and shed

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Thank you Ms.[Member Name Removed] You also we're a pleasure to work with. John Garrity

10/05/2019

George M.

Very prompt to return call and to come and give estimate. The work was done nicely and even caulked around the windows. would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
exterior painting

07/16/2019

D P.

John did an outstanding job. Our project was complicated because we had a very long motorized awning that was attached to the house that needed to be removed. Then aluminum siding needed to be installed to cover the area that held the awning. Our house is about 33 years old and finding aluminum siding that matched the original siding was no easy task. We contacted about ten painters from Angie’s list and only a few were willing/able to tackle all this. John was the one we chose. He was meticulous about hunting down aluminum siding panels that matched the house. He was equally meticulous taking down the gutters and reattaching them using new, more modern hardware. We have an expensive Pella sliding exterior door that he spray-painted and now looks as good as the original factory finish. I could go on and on but you get the drift. If you are looking for a reliable, reasonably priced painting perfectionist, your search is over!

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

07/09/2019

PATRICIA B.

John Garrity and his crew first power washed and then sanded my deck to remove previous stain. They then stained the deck to specified color and sealed and water protected it. They were very careful about not getting stain on the house siding and very careful about protecting the landscape plants around the deck. They did the job as scheduled with no delays. Came back after deck dried to return table and chairs to the deck. Professional, efficient, and considerate.

Description of Work
Staining deck

Category decks, deck cleaning